Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

"Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" (2268 Views)

In A Deft Move, Buhari Gives Key Portfolios To Southern Nigeria / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / “lord Lugard’s Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria Expires In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by dumjoshua: 8:41am On Feb 02, 2013
ENAHORO said in early 50"s that the almagamation of north and south is a mistake,my fellow nigerians after so many years can we prove him wrong or right
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by slimming: 9:22am On Feb 02, 2013
Let God judge now
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by 1k001(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2013
Was a 100 years ago! Time to get over it and make lemonade with our lemons.
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by Dsage1: 10:08am On Feb 02, 2013
dumjoshua:
ENAHORO said in early 50"s that the almagamation of north and south is a mistake,my fellow nigerians after so many years can we prove him wrong or right

Yes, the amalgamation of 1914 was a greatest evil imposed on us by Britain.
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by kunlekunle: 10:43am On Feb 02, 2013
dumjoshua:

if you realise you have a problem 50 yrs back and it still persists for another 50yrs, you have a problem.

1 Like

Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:27am On Feb 02, 2013
I reckon it's about time we cut poor Lugard some slack, and start blaming our present day rulers and elite (esp' the southern and middlebelt ones) that are allowing his mistake of almost a hundred years to continue; either they're afraid to confront the 'owners' of Nigeria (that want to eat their cake and still have it), or they're enjoying the status-quo for selfish reasons and don't mind the fact we all are being held down and our numbers decimated by an unworkable system that favours just a few.
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by ozodimgba(m): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2013
YES, what does northern and southern protectorate have in common? Nothing, therefore we are not one and will never be. They are like oil and water and cannot mix.
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by Nobody: 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2013
Why are waisting time on this issue of whether it was a mistake or not?

We should be discussing on how to correct it. Simple.
Re: "Is The Amalgamation Of Northern And Southern Nigeria A Mistake" by Dede1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
dumjoshua:

I doubt if Anthony Enahoro really said that amalgamation of North and South was a terrible blunder because he did everything humanly possible to keep it amalgamated except commit suicide.

(1) (Reply)

Sanusi's Letter Is The Biggest Lie In Nigerian History / BBA: Sheillah And Nhlanhla Finally Doing It 18+ ONLY / Why General Buhari’s Image Handlers Are Doing A Great Job By Paschal Chikero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.