Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? (8145 Views)

10 Women A Christian Man Should Avoid When Considering Marriage / Academic Excellence Granted, Genotype Swaps From 'ss' To 'aa' / Age Of Marriage In Medieval Times Or Paedophilia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? by nect: 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2013
By Kolawole Azeez

No. But a Muslim must understand that marital challenges are bigger than Genotype issues.

It is faith, love and responsibility that will stand the tests and trials of marriage.

Prospective couple can do genotype test only to know their status but not to determine the marriage possibility or not.
Conditions to marriage do not include genotype test as the Prophet (SAW) did not include in pre-marital prescriptions.

He (SAW) prescribed that if you want marry, marry the one who religious. By religious is meant God-fearing.

He said people marry because of wealth, beauty, status and power. But we should not marry because of those things because they fade away with time.

The point we are making here is that a would-be could should not put genotype at the front banner of their marriage to the point that it tells if they will marry or not.
They should not say it is because of it that a child or two will die or has died because of it.

Allah alone determines that.

I have married and had four children. I have lost two of them who had XX genotype related issues.

Of course before marriage both of us did and knew our genotype group. Yet we never a determinant to our marriage. And it is still not a factor in our union.

We know that Allah alone gives and takes determines when He does either of them. Thinking that you can know if one among your four children will die is tantamount to disbelief (kufr).

This is so because even one who belongs to AA genotype cannot boast of living beyond any particular age nor can the father and mother claim such.

So why not leave things to Allah?

I have seen doctors who died of malaria fever. Sailors have died in water. Hunters have died in the forest while hunting. And professional drivers have died while plying their trade: driving.

And so will all of us one day or another.

Genotype or no genotype, Istikharah is recommended before any decision is made, including marriage. This alone will do as Allah suffices for all.

We can expect problems but we should pray to Allah to help us overcome them.

Allah has already told us as recorded in His Holy Book: We shall test the you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient. [Q2: 155]

POSTED: 21st R-Awwal, 1434 (2nd February, 2013)

http://hussainsmosque.org/Is-genotype-important-when-considering-marriage-in-Islam.html

2 Likes

Re: Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? by Chanchit: 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2013
Sister u make me laf with swagger, when the two children died did you cry or not..? Its better for things to happen naturally than to invite them into our lives. Doctors that died of malaria would be very very few, cos its one in a million, but the children that have died through that way u jst mentioned are uncountable. Pls just make sure ur children don't do same. Its not easy to know ur child could die @ anytime.

1 Like

Re: Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 01, 2014
hmmm.....
brother u just got me thinking....
but i hope its not a sin if we break up
i also belive in istikara too...
Re: Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2015
God bless you chanchit for that reply. I wonder why we push everything to God when God had already given us thinking faculty, he made us to know right from left, and gave us free will to decide. Destiny only comes after u've already taken all necessary precautions against odd, or all necessary efforts towards even, what happen afterwards if not favourable could then be referred to as destiny. Otherwise, it is the destiny of which u urself are the architect. Don't forget the saying of the prophet that says: "Takhayaruu Nutfatakunm, fainal-'irqo dasaas". meaning: "Make a good choice for your sperm, for the diseases of the blood are heritable". It is better to avoid a fitnah when it is avoidable. But I believe Istikhara does it all if done with pure and not biased mind.

2 Likes

Re: Is Genotype Important When Considering Marriage In Islam? by princessayesha(f): 6:08am On Jul 07, 2017
nect:
By Kolawole Azeez

No. But a Muslim must understand that marital challenges are bigger than Genotype issues.

It is faith, love and responsibility that will stand the tests and trials of marriage.

Prospective couple can do genotype test only to know their status but not to determine the marriage possibility or not.
Conditions to marriage do not include genotype test as the Prophet (SAW) did not include in pre-marital prescriptions.

He (SAW) prescribed that if you want marry, marry the one who religious. By religious is meant God-fearing.

He said people marry because of wealth, beauty, status and power. But we should not marry because of those things because they fade away with time.

The point we are making here is that a would-be could should not put genotype at the front banner of their marriage to the point that it tells if they will marry or not.
They should not say it is because of it that a child or two will die or has died because of it.

Allah alone determines that.

I have married and had four children. I have lost two of them who had XX genotype related issues.

Of course before marriage both of us did and knew our genotype group. Yet we never a determinant to our marriage. And it is still not a factor in our union.

We know that Allah alone gives and takes determines when He does either of them. Thinking that you can know if one among your four children will die is tantamount to disbelief (kufr).

This is so because even one who belongs to AA genotype cannot boast of living beyond any particular age nor can the father and mother claim such.

So why not leave things to Allah?

I have seen doctors who died of malaria fever. Sailors have died in water. Hunters have died in the forest while hunting. And professional drivers have died while plying their trade: driving.

And so will all of us one day or another.

Genotype or no genotype, Istikharah is recommended before any decision is made, including marriage. This alone will do as Allah suffices for all.

We can expect problems but we should pray to Allah to help us overcome them.

Allah has already told us as recorded in His Holy Book: We shall test the you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient. [Q2: 155]

POSTED: 21st R-Awwal, 1434 (2nd February, 2013)

http://hussainsmosque.org/Is-genotype-important-when-considering-marriage-in-Islam.html
God bless you OP. The earlier they know, the better. I lost a cousin sis to Sickle cell but Wallahi both her Mum and Dad are AA. Am still shocked.

(1) (Reply)

............. / Is The Skin Colour Of Jesus Christ Important? (A Response To Donnie) / Saints And Sinners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.