Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal (25462 Views)

Davido Signs Endorsement Deal With Pepsi / IcePrince Loved Up With Ronke Tiamiyu, Another Woman In New Photos / IcePrince’s Girlfriend Maima's Chest Piercings (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by huninaija(f): 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
Uncle glo don't mind iceprink, you can employ me for just £2m only!

Last price! grin
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by chronique(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2013
There's nothing wrong with Ice prince asking for $1m. He's a star,a brand and decides what he feels he's worth. Glo & other multinationals aren't fools. They know why they get celebs on endorsement deals cos it helps push their brands. They wouldn't waste their money if it's not worth it;trust me. Glo does an advert with rookies(normal everyday people),you watch it & dont really get to talk much about it,neither are you excited about it. But when a celebrity with a large fanbase is used for same advert,it garners more interest. You & your friends get to say stuffs like: have you seen the new Iceprince ad for glo? It's cool. Another person says it's not. You guys debate it & keep asking people who haven't seen it. They keep watching & some of you might bring it up on NL just like you've done with this. That's what glo wants. They need you guys to see & talk about it often & as such use celebs cos such celebs have large followers within & outside the country. Fans outside naija who do not know glo but are fans of Iceprince,would get to find out more about glo when they hear Iceprince has an endorsement with glo. That's what you call "star power". Why dont they use relatively new artistes who have no fanbase for their brands? This is branding & branding is big business for all parties involved. You see Iceprince on tv doing something you've not seen before n you're curious to know what it's about. At the end of the day,you see glo with pride. They've successfully used him in passing a message to you & you only waited to get the message cos you saw the "Iceprince" brand. It's imperative that you guys understand these things & the biz aspect of it before you criticize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by akpumping7720(m): 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
One wonders if Plateau state broke away from China...
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Zamizoni(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2013
alaoeri: Don't know why some ppl 'll just be quotating unreasonable figure, who's Iceprince that GLO 'll pay $1m for endorsement deal or did u think Adenuga is plucking money.

NA BAD BELLE DEY WORRY YOU AND THOSE 14 WANNA BEES WEY LIKE UR GOOFY COMMENT.
NO BE EVERYONE CHEAP LIKE YOU. HE,S INTO SHOW BIZ SO LET HIM DECIDE WHAT HE WANT.
MOREOVER NA THERE YOU GO DEY WEY BAD BELLE GO GET THE BETTER PART OF YOUR LIFE, THAT IS EVEN IF YOU HAVE A LIFE

1 Like

Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by ceejay80s(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
pro01: Because having Ice Prince as $1m brand ambassador would help glo gain 1 million new subscribers or make its existing subscribers buy more recharge cards or what? Ojukokoro don dey worry these naija celebs who often do not add any commercial value to the brand they are endorsing. People wey glo just dey help as part of 'giving back to the society' and 'supporting the entertainment industry'.

Having said that sha, I happen to like Ice prince a lot. . . the boy sabi the work wella. It would be great for him if glo somehow agrees to his outrageous demands.
oga dat one na pure lie, me no buy my sim becos of any rubbish celebrity, i bought my sim becos i dey look for network wey i go enjoy. See as dem dey waste money wey dem for take repair nigeria, find a very poor famil and give them the deal, people wey go buy the sim go stil buy am. Useless network wasting money on garbage
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by deenee: 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
There is nothing wrong in Ice Prince asking for 1 million USD if the story is true. He is currently at the top of his game right now. He has been consistent at churning out good hits, is backed by a good record label (Choc city) where there seems to be some form of structure and has the trio of M.I, Brymo and Jesse Jagz in his team. More so, he has remained level headed and relatively scandal free.

If Glo can afford him why not? It is high time we start giving props to our local artistes especially those that are good at what they do.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by CHIMSKY(m): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
pro01: Because having Ice Prince as $1m brand ambassador would help glo gain 1 million new subscribers or make its existing subscribers buy more recharge cards or what? Ojukokoro don dey worry these naija celebs who often do not add any commercial value to the brand they are endorsing. People wey glo just dey help as part of 'giving back to the society' and 'supporting the entertainment industry'.

Having said that sha, I happen to like Ice prince a lot. . . the boy sabi the work wella. It would be great for him if glo somehow agrees to his outrageous demands.
If only you knew how much these networks make on a daily basis.If Glo has 30m subscribers and they all send sms at the rate of N5 each;that's N150,000,000.00 per day for Glo.And remember,this is only sms not voice calls or data!
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by ceejay80s(m): 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
chronique: There's nothing wrong with Ice prince asking for $1m. He's a star,a brand and decides what he feels he's worth. Glo & other multinationals aren't fools. They know why they get celebs on endorsement deals cos it helps push their brands. They wouldn't waste their money if it's not worth it;trust me. Glo does an advert with rookies(normal everyday people),you watch it & dont really get to talk much about it,neither are you excited about it. But when a celebrity with a large fanbase is used for same advert,it garners more interest. You & your friends get to say stuffs like: have you seen the new Iceprince ad for glo? It's cool.
oga dat one na lie, even if glo use orphanage homes on their tv commercial, people go stil buy their sim. Let them stop wasting money and make poor people rich. God punish dem

1 Like

Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Chinwem(f): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
A bird in the hand...
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
alaoeri: Don't know why some ppl 'll just be quotating unreasonable figure, who's Iceprince that GLO 'll pay $1m for endorsement deal or did u think Adenuga is plucking money.

Haters. Maybe u should ask more about that dude. He deserves more than that amount.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
I tire o...just who does the aboki think he is? no be say his music tight o, he wan dey form posh tinz..if I hear...mschew!!
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Chinom(m): 2:34pm On Feb 03, 2013
Who be Ice Prince ? !. I really dont know him. Glo can get more well known celebs for much less. If i see Mr.Ibu on that bill board, i would recognize him pronto. But Ice Prince ?. Never seen him. Won't recognize him on any billboard.

Better still, Glo should use that money to better the life of ordinary pple that use their network.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:35pm On Feb 03, 2013
ceejay80s: oga dat one na lie, even if glo use orphanage homes on their tv commercial, people go stil buy their sim. Let them stop wasting money and make poor people rich. God punish dem

Hmm! *Hisses and Walks away*
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by PopeUDENSI: 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
methodman: hmm...i need just $200,000 and i go sign with dem for 10years
are u dat cheap?
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by tellwisdom: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Who is ice pit?? sad
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by kalunomics(m): 2:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
Clemzy16: Ice prince showing his aboki side. . . This goes a long way to show that ice prince has gone far above MI. I support him, he should even demand more, Glo has the money. . .
i hope say them no go stop my glo special number package after parting away with that sum.lol
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by kooto(m): 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
Chanchit: Money wei American artists dey take sniff cocaine, na hin Niger artists they take do endorsement.
Does it matter if the americans use more than that to sniff cocaine? if you have oppotunity of getting ten to twenty million naira it will definitely better your life.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by HealNigeria: 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
Glo should stop wasting money on endorsement deals and work on the quality of their network with the money. Or what use is it when you gained new subscribers and you lose them to bad network service.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
Snfh......Jay's biatch was askin 4 somethang way more ridiculous 4 d super bowl nd yall were licking her cl.it like buncha dykes....nw yall sayn ish bout zamani......na ur money??.....fuqqin Nigerians.....
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
[size=28pt]ANOTHER FALSE RUMOUR MAKES THE FRONT PAGE.[/size]
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by theripper2: 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
If dem like, make dem use Denzel washington and Reese Witherspoon. Na MTN I still dey use. $1M go improve their Network coverage abi?.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by chemashie(m): 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
methodman: hmm...i need just $200,000 and i go sign with dem for 10years
Poor a.s.s soul. Mind collecting 100,000 naira for 10yrs for my coy? Get my email & contact me.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Symphony007: 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2013
sobastical:

I concur to this, sir!
thank you most kindly!!
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by prairie(f): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
pls y isnt a christian thread on front page on a SUNDAY! This isnt good at all
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by chemashie(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
gbogboti: With that money, he 'll transform the whole of PANKSHIN LGA, PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA. LOL@chinese names. Some Plateau names are; Chundung, Gyang, Kim, Timchang, Dadung, Badung etc
Pankshin, one of the names corpers feared most in plateau state. Thank God I got posted to unijos then.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Sharingan: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
blayz0923:

really
am a huge fan smiley
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by realsammie(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
eni mcnite: U ppl should pls work very hard in your careers so that GLO can use u for endorsement deals too ok?

Thanks for the advice, same goes to you too.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by ayd91(m): 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2013
I don't think ice prince is wrong here, that's if indeed he had any contact with glo.
If other artists are willing to settle for less does that mean he should? He knows his value so he is aiming higher, ain't nothing wrong with that.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by Lepatohset(f): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
Osrachingy: Omo O gaa oooo!! See begger wey den wan help ooo.. $1m ..on top wetin?? Adenuga don spoil dis pple sef!! As if Seeing Panshak on a biilboard will definatly make one get a Glo sim...

mschew if u dnt kno ur worth, dis dude we r talkin about knos his. Wahs d diff btw u nd dose beggars on d strt of lasgidi:p. U r just madt because u ain't sure u will cum by such a hugh amount tlkless of sayin u wan negotiate.
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by victokafor(m): 4:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
well I dey for endorsement free of charge tongue shocked grin
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by uzeba(m): 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
U can remember one of his song he said "anytime i see myself i they feel lyk say na juju they worry me, i no fit expain anything, e dey b lyk say na mumu dey worry me". Am not suprise!!
Re: IcePrince Turns Down Globacom’s Endorsement Deal by sweetkevisco(m): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
Are you a talented artiste,and you need a
sponsor or record label to finance your career
but you dont know how to contact them. Dont
worry we will send your songs,and bio to
personal emails of stakeholders in the music
industry,and with God on your side,who knows?. Register by sending your songs,artiste
name and bio to musicpromoter9ja@mail.com. If
your song is good enough,you will get a
response from us. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stephanie Okereke Stuns In New Photos / Ada Slim Replies Tonto Dikeh – ‘I Outed You For Mocking Me When My Father Died’ / Moyo Lawal Comes For "Evil Commentators" With Scary Makeup Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.