Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,840 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? (6214 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by reechest: 10:20am On Feb 03, 2013
The contest between Ivory coast and Nigeria might be won from the midfield...Ivory coast has the luxury of superstars while Nigeria has young determined players who shouldnt be underrated...I think the match will be decided by this two Midfielders...depending which of them that is on top of his game...Goal.com thinks so too..
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4687/2013-africa-cup-of-nations/2013/02/03/3721912/toure-and-mikel-key-to-nigeriacote-divoire-clash

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by IYANGBALI: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
Has TB Joshua spoke on the outcome of the match?
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by RedLight1: 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
mikel na fine boy sha embarassed

well go go eagles ... victory is ours... elephants are vegetarian .. time for super eagles to prey on elephants grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Lilnikee(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2013
Mikel will soak the defence.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by tunapawizzy: 11:04am On Feb 03, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Has TB Joshua spoke spoken on the outcome of the match?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by tunapawizzy: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2013
Lilnikee: Mikel will soak the defence.
DDDD
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by simmydebadest(m): 11:18am On Feb 03, 2013
Click like if u think mikel will control de midfield

15 Likes

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Ibangap(m): 11:18am On Feb 03, 2013
From d looks on d photos its obvious who's gonna carry d day. Yaya toure is in 4 serious business. #Boys r not smilling.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by simmydebadest(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2013
[quote author=tunapawizzy][/quote] prof
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Basic(m): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2013
If only the eagles could dedicate maximally to this game, they can win.
The fact that the Ivorians could concede 2 goals in their last game proves that they're beatable (don't tell me stories like "they rested some players").

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Charlesnerd: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2013
If the prospect of a win or loss lies with Mikel,then the game is as good as lost.

Comparing both midfielders,

-Mikel is poor offensively while Yaya toure is a complete box to box midfielder.

- Mikel can't score penalties while Yaya Toure is a proven goalscorer.

- Mikel slows down the pace of the game while Yaya Toure is a catalyst.

On this premise,its looking pretty obvious that Nigeria might loose the match.

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by BlackPeni5: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2013
I
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by BlackPeni5: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2013
I'll rather put my trust on Vincent Enyeama than Mikel Obi...

Mikel will get a yellow in dis match but Naija will win narrowly.

#wishful thinking...

1 Like

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Silensa(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]from the first day of this competition i was really convinced that mikel is up to good, i think mikel will control the mid field..........8th to coment
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Frostyzone(m): 11:25am On Feb 03, 2013
alpha conde: 1st to comment though the topic is a silly one
Not nearly as st.upid as you though, with your "1st to comment" childish mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by sasview: 11:28am On Feb 03, 2013
Sure Mikel! Sure pass!! Sure goals!!!
UP EAGLE!!!!
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Gbenge77(m): 11:33am On Feb 03, 2013
Charles.nerd:
If the prospect of a win or loss lies with Mikel,then the game is as good as lost.

-Mikel is poor offensively while Yaya toure is a complete box to box midfielder.

Thats it.Theres no basis for comparison.Mikel is still without a premier league goal,while Toure ,who arrived in England after him,has scored several times.No disrespect to Mikel,but DEFENSIVELY AND OFFENSIVELY,he has an absolutely appalling record.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by chyke4(m): 11:59am On Feb 03, 2013
Eagles are up to grab the win today..although elephants will impress but wont go anywhere..
Mikel to control the midfield.....

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Asis(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
Let's watch and keep our fingers crossed that SE makes us proud 2da...up SE
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by newmaonza: 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Has TB Joshua spoke on the outcome of the match?
Boy has he spoken on the Out-come Make i quickly play the sure numbers
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by infofta(m): 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
Worried about Drogba offside goal as usual. Drunk linesmen!
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Maxidoe(m): 12:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
How can anybody come here and say Mikel will control the midfield where the midfield general Toure is, with one broken leg Toure will still win the Midfield battle with Mikel.Mikel wont even win the midfield battle with Tiote not to talk of Toure.Like someone already said if winning this match depends on who wins the midfield battle between Mikel and Toure then it is as good as we have lost and no need to watch the match, fortunately for us, winning the midfield battle does not really mean winning the game.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2013
Maxidoe: How can anybody come here and say Mikel will control the midfield where the midfield general Toure is, with one broken leg Toure will still win the Midfield battle with Mikel.Mikel wont even win the midfield battle with Tiote not to talk of Toure.Like someone already said if winning this match depends on who wins the midfield battle between Mikel and Toure then it is as good as we have lost and no need to watch the match, fortunately for us, winning the midfield battle does not really mean winning the game.

Oh shut up.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by DoctorAbu(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
The pictures say it all....one of them is a proper footballer, the other is a model
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Maxidoe(m): 1:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Oh shut up.

Are you okay? or are you a man seeing his period, why is there no age restriction on this site? or dont tell me you are more than 10 years old, or at least there should be a means of testing mental well being, i stated fact and all the response your intelligence could fart out is "oh shut up" if you have a contrary opinion state it and dont be the reason people would support abortion,i dont know you and you dont know me, i have never commented on your post or quoted you,so what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck is wrong with you, even if you just escaped Yaba left it is still not an excuse to exihibit this kind of attitude.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by nerodenero: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
Charles.nerd:

Nice analysis but in a game of football,at times,it can go either way and Barcelona vs Chelsea's game last season readily comes to mind.Inasmuch as I cant rely on Super Chickens,I pray they win today.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by swtchicgurl: 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2013
Maxidoe:

Are you okay? or are you a man seeing his period, why is there no age restriction on this site? or dont tell me you are more than 10 years old, or at least there should be a means of testing mental well being, i stated fact and all the response your intelligence could fart out is "oh shut up" if you have a contrary opinion state it and dont be the reason people would support abortion,i dont know you and you dont know me, i have never commented on your post or quoted you,so what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck is wrong with you, even if you just escaped Yaba left it is still not an excuse to exihibit this kind of attitude.

ok, shut up.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Kaxmytex(m): 2:28pm On Feb 03, 2013
Anything fit apun 2day o....buh i still dey wait sha
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Maxidoe(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2013
swtchicgurl:

ok, shut up.

Where is this one coming from? are you the PROSTITUTEWHORE that, that psycho fuuucks, oh my bad are you the one seeing your period that refused him release his frustration into you, or are you just a bitchy prostitutewhore on heat looking for a fuuk from a psycho. Bleep you biatch, go tell your papa to shut up.
Re: Yaya Vs Mikel To Decide Quarter-final Clash? by Fgn44: 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
Keshi needs proper selection in dis match or else he would lost out of d game.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Throwback Wedding Pics Of Set To Be Super Eagles Coach Sunday Oliseh / Updates On WTA Tournaments! / World Cup: South Africa Vs France [2 - 1] On 22nd June,2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.