Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,861 members, 7,841,235 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag (25065 Views)

"Killer Tortoise" Found In A Bag Of Rice (Photo) / Dead Man Wakes Up After Three Days / Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Orikinla(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
[size=18pt]AUSTRALIA'S MOST HAUNTED HOUSE
http://www.montecristo.com.au/[/size]
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by UNLEASHED(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
...and another weird story undecided
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by cyzzy: 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is unbelievable. This means that the relm of the living and the dead is intertwined. Be careful, the next person besides might be a ghost.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by willsman(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
Such thing happened in my village late 80ties. It is possible.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by eksammy(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
i have watched something like this on the channel "investigative Discovery (ID), where a grandmother (dead for over 20 years) took a sheriff to go rescue his grandson who had accident in a lonely old house. She vanished immediately the police man saw the grandson who was lying down half dead.

I did not doubt it because na oyibo talk am
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by dadicvila(m): 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm!!!na wa oooo!!!
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by kalufelix(m): 7:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
obo_man: lol@ the OP name called euromillion.... He definitely plays lotto... Judging by his name, he likes to fantasize on sudden money just coming out of nowhere....

@OP, we need proofs to believe it.... Nigerians as a whole should say goodbye to the era of superstitions and fables..... These kin superstition dey retrogress our development....

At mod, don't post this kind of stories on front page... It will make the 'already gullible Nigerians' more gullible..

Create more flocks for T.B Joshua and the rest, and create more stupidity in our country....
4 ur mind u civilise abi?
Mae ma juju catch u!
THIS IS AFRICA
BE CAREFUL!
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by ezme(m): 7:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ishilove: I've heard stories like this for years and years. These spirits are called 'Okudaya'-the Walking Dead.

A 13 year old girl was driving home with her mother during the Christmas break. They encountered a traffic jam on the way, and while waiting for the traffic to ease up, this girl and her mum caught sight of her favourite teacher, who happens to be a colleague of mine, walking along the roadside attired in white lace, gele and cream coloured shoes. They called her attention and the woman promptly came over, smiling very happily. They explained pleasantries, and offered the woman a lift. She declined the offer, saying she was almost at her destination. She wished them a happy new year in advance and advised the little girl to always be studious and responsible.

At this point, traffic started easing up and they had to drive away. After bidding the woman goodbye, they drove off. The little girl turned to look back when they had driven a little way and was a bit puzzled to find the woman where they left her, still smiling and waving at them. She now had to wave again until they lost sight of her.

On resumption day, there was a little commotion in school. I and a host of others went to investigate. The cause of the whole commotion was this girls mother. She was sprawled on the ground, hyperventilating. When she had calmed down a bit, she was able to tell us the cause of her shock. She had just learnt that Mrs A.,my colleague had died. And guess what? She had been dead four days when the woman and her daughter saw her at the roadside. She died on Dec 23, they had seen and exchanged pleasantries with her on Dec 27.

Every one present was dumbfounded.

The truth is this life is a mystery and certain things cannot be explained. Are these spirits demons or ghosts? The dead woman in question was a very nice person when she was alive,loved by most, hated by few, so I wonder what her ghost was doing traipsing along on some unknown mission by the roadside on a sunny afternoon.

Nkan nbe undecided

I find the bolded strange, because I don't know any thirteen year old in my locality who can drive.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by ezme(m): 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

Spirits of departed people. Some don't go to hell immediately . They still hang around .

They hang around the Church premises right? grin grin grin grin
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by nellaluv(f): 8:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
amiskurie: I like ghost stories.

I like ghost stories too, quite chilling but interesting smiley
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Eisenhower(m): 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
nikkypearl: Ihene me,ebelebe nya!somthing want to happen o,and it's something I cannot tell you ooo ..2face mode activated!!!jus singing and passing by!
...jonzing!
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
prince_onx: Is he accepting more delivery addresses? I want mine to be in Dollars though lol and the dead guy can even deliver it himself as long as na cash we go know how to do the living/dead thing lol

All this una stories dey always be somebody say, my mom will kill you with all those "they said/say story" Chicken started dancing, the whole leafs on tree dry up, the river started flowing backwards or changed to blood, they just showed the lady where the man was buried 10yrs ago! At the end of the day Momsy no carry her eyes see even one from the 60s to 70s to 80s to 90s (4,5,6 decades of story story)? Abeg make I go do number 2 joorrr!
Share case of mummy mummy you can Lie.....o
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Hychineson(m): 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
euromilion: Who Can Explain This?.Dead man sent a stranger to deliver bag

Now this is someone I know very well,although I was'nt there when this happened,But,I have interviewed her.

My neigbour passed on to the other side,few months later after his burial,Some man came with a bag,That he was sent by my deseased neigbour to deliver it to the wife,Then,they ask him when and where did they met,he said last week in such and such place,They ask him what is in the bag he said he does'nt know because the bag was locked,They brought out his pictures to show him just to make sure he is in right place,he confirmed that it him.

The man wife screamed and everyone in the hood gathered including my mother,the man repeated his story and the bag was taken from him and the key was taken off,Guess what?

The bag was full of money,.Pls I need constructive explanation to this story.And oh Pls no name calling because I know this family to be very poor,so there is no way he could have saved this money.
d man dat delivered dat bag must be his fellow ghost.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by princeonx: 9:01pm On Feb 05, 2013
chingyjant:
Share case of mummy mummy you can Lie.....o
Huh? I honestly don't think even TBJ can interpret what you just typed/said! Back at you! Lol!
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by xcuggsm(m): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
Interesting story!
But I have also been privy to such a freak occurence that was beyound explantion!
In the late 90's, my driver at the time brought a middle aged woman to meet me, who he intoduced as his senior sister from the village. The next day after she had left, we got the news from the husband that she passed away a week before at their village in Umuahia.
Being a skeptic I carried out some privtate investigation on the incident and unbelievably; it all checked out as a fact.
It's a strange world we live in.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by amiskurie(m): 9:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
nellaluv:

I like ghost stories too, quite chilling but interesting smiley
I tell you!
This life we are living is full of mysteries,we have no idea where we come frm and where we are going.

1 Like

Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Coldfaya(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
ezme:

I find the bolded strange, because I don't know any thirteen year old in my locality who can drive.

Y complicate issues, life's simple. We already know what she meant. Abeggi una over sabi too mush sef.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Ishilove: 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2013
ezme:

It's a manner of speaking. She was being driven by her mum. That's same as driving home with her mum
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by ooman(m): 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
religion makes people deranged
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Crixina(f): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
Table Leg :
*Yawns*
*sleepy*
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by pankere(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
i do beleive in ghosts and the spiritual. but also consider other possible facts.What if the man who delivered the money was maybe an old business associate who had cheated the dead man and felt remorse when he heard of his death and cooked up the story just to deliver the money to the family of the rightful owner without disclosing the source of the money. people tell lies against the dead you know

1 Like

Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Crixina(f): 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
martyns303: I'll tell you what transpired, you know in Nigeria if a close relative dies as in this case the husband and suddenly the widow starts making cash people will assume, presume or insinuate that she have used her husband for money rituals, espectially in this case where the family is poor. The woman have made some cash and don't want people to start speculating so she gave d money and a story to some guy to come deliver and apperently every1 is buying it. Ya! Am good at writing fictious tales too. undecided
wow! Bestsellers!
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by 5alive(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
woteva.......
Seeing is believing
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by ubong560(m): 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2013
I think i stand to add that this could be true. More than 15yrs ago (was underage that time), a neighbour sister who based in the city died and they were preparing to bring her corpse to the village. B4 the corpse was brought, she had earlier visited her mum in the village talking and gisting as usual. As she was sitting wit her mum, d next thing was for her to move to the backyard and not up to 10mins, her corpse arrived the compound. Her mum didnt believe she was the one. They went in search of her but no where she had gone and till today, nobody saw her again. The corpse was later buried.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by dokunbam(m): 12:24am On Feb 06, 2013
story from labe orun abi

i wish my dead pop man should wire me 10 million dollar to my domiciliary acc
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by masterpiecer(m): 6:32am On Feb 06, 2013
frosbel:

what is a ghost ?

A ghost is a willi-willi grin
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 06, 2013
euromilion: Who Can Explain This?.Dead man sent a stranger to deliver bag

Now this is someone I know very well,although I was'nt there when this happened,But,I have interviewed her.

My neigbour passed on to the other side,few months later after his burial,Some man came with a bag,That he was sent by my deseased neigbour to deliver it to the wife,Then,they ask him when and where did they met,he said last week in such and such place,They ask him what is in the bag he said he does'nt know because the bag was locked,They brought out his pictures to show him just to make sure he is in right place,he confirmed that it him.

The man wife screamed and everyone in the hood gathered including my mother,the man repeated his story and the bag was taken from him and the key was taken off,Guess what?

The bag was full of money,.Pls I need constructive explanation to this story.And oh Pls no name calling because I know this family to be very poor,so there is no way he could have saved this money.
Give us more info about the man the location his name and how he died.
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by mantraa: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2013
Life insurance
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 06, 2013
maninmood: My analogy:

The man was part of a crime syndicate while he was alive. He was probably shot dead and as part of promise and loyalty of his 'group', his part of the loot was delivered to his wife. Has anyone seen fast five?

The best explanation so far!
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Smhart1(f): 7:52am On Feb 06, 2013
pDude: Nollywood movie called "Ghost money".

Grab your copy now! cheesy
....nairalanders will never stop amazing me....lwkmd
Re: Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag by Randito(m): 8:55am On Feb 06, 2013
Shh.....(whisper) stop sayin it. Ghost are passing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Modele Fatoyinbo, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday / 'Student Pastors Are The Biggest Scammers In Nigerian University' - Man Says / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.