Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital (26826 Views)

'gay' Couple Physically, Verbally Abused In Moscow (video) / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India / Photo: How Ugandan Women Are Abused In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ilekokonit: 2:28am On Feb 05, 2013
logica:
I remember the killers of Lucky Dube claiming they thought he was Nigerian. Apparently for them to make such a declaration, killing a Nigerian is considered a less serious crime than killing a South African!

The level of Xenophobia directed at Nigerians in South Africa is alarming and reminds me of when Wole Soyinka was delayed at the South African airport for 5 hours just because of his Nigerian passport. This prompted him to declare he will never visit SA AGAIN.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by smith27: 2:38am On Feb 05, 2013
I guess she is an animal being.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Iceslizer(f): 2:43am On Feb 05, 2013
bcomputer101: Shut up!!! Remove that tag(Nigeria Student)... Not all Nigerian student over here do such thing. There is a belive that all back here are Nigerian. That is just the simple mentality...
Are you ok dear? undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by adexsimply(m): 3:38am On Feb 05, 2013
Iceslizer:
Are you ok dear? undecided undecided
i doubt it DEAR grin
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Kairoseki77: 3:56am On Feb 05, 2013
Shollypopz:
I don't live in Nashville but I school in Nashville and nope, it's not a hell hole. It depends on those u roll with really, in fact I expect such ignorance from the AAs and not the whites? Did you stay in Nashville or around Nashville? Were u working or schooling here? It's not a hell hole unless u were living in the projects/slum tongue

Slave mentality...smh.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 3:57am On Feb 05, 2013
Godogwu:

Her parents are able to raise this because they work hard and earn their money, just like my parents. You should understand that everyone isn't as broke as you are... Look beyond your fence and your surroundings... There is a strong and ever growing middle class in Nigeria.

Please gimme some of that shizz you are smoking let my eyes open to see that middle class cheesy
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Kairoseki77: 3:58am On Feb 05, 2013
Shollypopz:
Ohio is not any better than TN, Ejine is exaggerating. This is not about black or white, AAs are more ignorant and worse than most whites. I would expect such an outburst from them to be honest. Even we that claim Nigeria can be as racist as the white woman in this video. We've all been racist at one point, even to our fellow blacks.

I have friends that know more about Nigeria and Africa than ppl that claim to be Nigerians.

What's wrong with you bro?

White woman attacks Nigerian, and Nairalanders start attacking akatas? You feel insecure?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ivynwa(f): 4:36am On Feb 05, 2013
I like the Thompson girl for standing up for herself------now that's the Nigerian spirit.
We don't take shhhhhhh--------(sorry I don't like to use that word) stuffs. Nobody stands in our faces to intimidate us, no one dares us. Yeah!

10 million likes for Miss Thompson, whoever she is.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ivynwa(f): 4:43am On Feb 05, 2013
pato405: ..but what stopped the Nigerian student from answering the question first. I think the provocative way she answered it triggered the outrageous outburst. Typical Nigerian way of answering questions.

Q: Where are you from?

A: what does it matter where I'm from.

the lady from Spain answered directly 'I'm from Spain' she didn't bite her. I think she should have answered first and watched for the psycho woman's reaction. If she passes a compliment about Nigeria, then fine, else ....Maul her silly. I usually look at you directly in the face and tell you outrightly..'I'm from Nigeria', then I'll wait for your reaction. Anyway, they just smile and say Okay or nice.

ileobatojo:

May I beg to differ? The woman was already in the middle of her outburst when she approached them with her questions. And, I think the provocative way the woman asked the question triggered the provocative answer she got.

Who goes about shouting at people asking them "Where are you from?" Replying her and giving her the answer she wants to a question asked in such direspectful manner means cowering in fear before her so my girl (Thompson) acted wisely in holding her head up and replying her like she did. The girl did her no wrong Ojare.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by adexsimply(m): 5:09am On Feb 05, 2013
Ivynwa:

Who goes about shouting at people asking them "Where are you from?" Replying her and giving her the answer she wants to a question asked in such direspectful manner means cowering in fear before her so my girl (Thompson) acted wisely in holding her head up and replying her like she did. The girl did her no wrong Ojare.
ABI O
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by otokx(m): 6:10am On Feb 05, 2013
Mad Cow: That Naija girl fall our hand.... Why she no use slap drop that white girl make doctors rush her enter surgery for brain damage.

Anyways, nothing spoil, uwa na agaga.

I almost got shot tonight by a three star Nigerian army general for standing my ground in Traffic this evening. He was running against traffic and I wouldn't move out of his way. At that moment, I had to wonder if I made a mistake returning to Nigeria. No where better jor. At least all the oyinbos can do to me is hate, the African man will go beyond hate and kill you. This woman was apprehended by nurses and patients, in my case, Nigerians simply stood by and watched as I faced off two army officers alone. She is going to jail for sure, me na mortuary I for end up and that general for use my death collect another star.

you have a point there, we leave in a pseudo lawless society.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by toshmann(m): 6:24am On Feb 05, 2013
I had this conversation once:
Oyibo man: where are you from
Toshmann: Ohio. And you?
Oyibo man: I'm from Montana, but where are you from originally?
Toshmann: I was born in Nigeria, and where are you from originally?
Oyibo man: so you are nigerian. I was born in Colorado.
Toshmann: no, where are you from originally?
Oyibo man: Colorado
Toshmann: no no no, Colorado originally belongs to the native Americans, where did your ancestors come from?
Oyibo man: o, ok, my maternal grandfather is from portugal while my paternal grandparents are from Bulgaria.
Toshmann: ok, so you are BULGARIAN
Oyibo man: sort of( looking embarrased)
Toshmann: not sort of, that's what you really are( looking mischievous grin )

He has never called me foreigner again grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Ivynwa(f): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2013
Mad Cow: That Naija girl fall our hand.... Why she no use slap drop that white girl make doctors rush her enter surgery for brain damage.

Anyways, nothing spoil, uwa na agaga.

I almost got shot tonight by a three star Nigerian army general for standing my ground in Traffic this evening. He was running against traffic and I wouldn't move out of his way. At that moment, I had to wonder if I made a mistake returning to Nigeria. No where better jor. At least all the oyinbos can do to me is hate, the African man will go beyond hate and kill you. This woman was apprehended by nurses and patients, in my case, Nigerians simply stood by and watched as I faced off two army officers alone. She is going to jail for sure, me na mortuary I for end up and that general for use my death collect another star.

Hahaha your post made me laugh, I had a similar experience that had me angry at the unruly way some things work in our country. Don't make me remember that experience abeg. Thank God that in your case that trigger wasn't pulled after all.

toshmann: I had this conversation once:
Toshmann: no no no, Colorado originally belongs to the native Americans, where did your ancestors come from?
Oyibo man: o, ok, my maternal grandfather is from portugal while my paternal grandparents are from Bulgaria.

When I was in a Country that is made up of Indians, Spanish, Syrians, our black brothers and sisters (who are descendants of the
slaves), Chinese etc who all came to that country through one way or the other. A native of that country once angrily told me something like "All ye foreigners" and I replied him that "we all including him came to be there", in other words he came there just like I did. WTFr*ak!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:45am On Feb 05, 2013
pDude:

Please gimme some of that shizz you are smoking let my eyes open to see that middle class cheesy
seconded
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Redman44(m): 7:46am On Feb 05, 2013
The career of this racist English woman is over smiley smiley smiley smileyShe is going to be relieved of her job by her employers who must have got bad press for her outburst. People will not want to associate with her as they will want to avoid being labelled as racists. This woman has just shot herself in the leg. She has dampened her chances of rising up the ladder in her career and she has destroyed her future prospects. I know she will be dealt with my the UK's legal system. I feel so sorry for her. Hmn.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by topmostg: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2013
Ivynwa: I like the Thompson girl for standing up for herself------now that's the Nigerian spirit.
We don't take shhhhhhh--------(sorry I don't like to use that word) stuffs. Nobody stands in our faces to intimidate us, no one dares us. Yeah!

10 million likes for Miss Thompson, whoever she is.
na so na,

naija no dey carry last.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by jidewin(m): 8:01am On Feb 05, 2013

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by jydux(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2013
The Naija girl deserves all the hate-filled outburst in d world if she or her parents are actually stupid (or wasteful) enuff to throw over 3million naira a year @ a UK Government dats trying dia hardest to keep u outta d damn place, and make d place practically unlivable if u do manage to get in.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 05, 2013
Hello pple, ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ "oruns dru" nd i support raCiSm[tho ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ a black]........no one can make ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ feel bad noR inFeriOr nt eVen whites cos ‎​A̶̲̥̅♏ xtremely nigerian,,,,,,,,,,,anyoNe got a probs wiV dat.......its we againSt the whites!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Burger01(m): 9:18am On Feb 05, 2013
She is a dog on heat... we know them..

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by aijaydiva(f): 10:36am On Feb 05, 2013
Thing is i even knw d girl personally. I thought it was a joke wen she said that dis happened. Serves the woman ryt... I wonder wat was frustrating her. To me i feel she voiced out what all british are thinking.shocked
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by warrior101: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2013
jidewin:

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Dude is that your bootey clappin or your palm? shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by pato405(m): 11:55am On Feb 05, 2013

Perhaps it'ld have been better if you answered him ''does it matter where I'm from''
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by pleep(m): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
u british black ppl have fuckin disgusting accents....
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2013
pleep: u british black ppl have fuckin disgusting accents....
Does it matter? In fact, I don't find Brits accent interesting!
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by warrior101: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
all4naija: Does it matter? In fact, I don't find Brits accent interesting!

You're fuccking joking. shocked Australians are dying to hear a Brit talk...
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Mogidi: 3:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
Godogwu:

Her parents are able to raise this because they work hard and earn their money, just like my parents. You should understand that everyone isn't as broke as you are... Look beyond your fence and your surroundings... There is a strong and ever growing middle class in Nigeria.

What work do your parents do? Are they politicians, armed robbers or pastors?

abifoluwa: shocked but u really dont have to get really ignorant bro. i have friends who are intl student, drive better cars, live in better apartments than americans self. not everyone lives on 2dollars per day. some live on 20 dollars self.

Why are they in America if they're so affluent? Instead of being a second class citizen as an immigrant why not be a first class citizen in your own country?
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
warrior101:

You're fuccking joking. shocked Australians are dying to hear a Brit talk...
So, 'please don't judge me and I won't judge you'-By Chris Brown. I am not Australian you d**wit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29nI8RQV0U
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by warrior101: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
all4naija: So, 'please don't judge me and I won't judge you'-By Chris Brown. I am not Australian you d**wit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29nI8RQV0U

Now you're getting it. *sarcastic*
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
warrior101:

Now you're getting it. *sarcastic*
No! Stop acting like a child and stop giving excuse for SARCASM sake.
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by warrior101: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
all4naija: No! Stop acting like a child and stop giving excuse for SARCASM sake.

We can see who the d**wit is clearly now...
Re: Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
warrior101:

We can see who the d**wit is clearly now...
OK! Let me rephrase the importance of this matter so that you can see who is wrong, peanut-brain.

'u british black ppl have fuckin disgusting accents....' ,you said.

'Does it matter? In fact, I don't find Brits accent interesting!' ,I replied to your insulting comment. While you opened up a Pandora's box that created a loop.

'You're fuccking joking. Australians are dying to hear a Brit talk.' , you replied to my comment.

'So, 'please don't judge me and I won't judge you'-By Chris Brown. I am not Australian you d**wit.' , I said. To let you know that I didn't like what Australians were dying for. So, you started the shiit forgetting others didn't find what you liked interesting .

'Now you're getting it. *sarcastic*' , you said. As an excuse to quickly exonerate yourself of your mistake. But, it could easily be spotted. So, you were the wrong person here by opening a Pandora's box expecting others to see your comment as right and those who didn't like Brists accent(as in my case) to be wrong.

Get your head examined for psychosis,dude!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rebecca From Oron Is Lost / Lady Celebrates Her Boyfriend Who Survived A Ghastly Accident In Onitsha (pics) / Facebook User Shares Photos Of His Loved Ones, Friends Who Died This Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.