Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,935 members, 7,838,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 (1471 Views)

Heavyweight Boxing WBA WBC IBF WBO Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder / ‎Marquez Knocks-Out Pacquiao In The Sixth Round / Samuel Peter Vs Oleg Maskaev!Peter wins (WBC heavy weight title) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 5:34am On Mar 09, 2008
It's official now,Nigerias own Samuel "The Nigerian nightmare"Peter knocked out Olev Maskaev in the sixth round to become the unified world boxing council WBC heavyweight champion of the world.The guy was so excited after the victory that he mumbled through the name of our dear president during his post-match interview.I'm sure the President will understand.Congratulations Nigeria
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 5:47am On Mar 09, 2008
Infact I want him to resume training immediately for the big money match against Vladimir Klitchko
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by choco4life(m): 8:37am On Mar 09, 2008
I am so proud to be Nigerian.
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by choco4life(m): 8:40am On Mar 09, 2008
rasputinn:

Infact I want him to resume training immediately for the big money match against Vladimir Klitchko
he fought klitchko in 2005 the outcome was unanimous but i guess this time would be different if they meet again.
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by U1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2008
choco4life:

Ati emi na. grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by FBS: 6:52pm On Mar 09, 2008
success has lots of brothers and sisters and cousins, see them, na now u na they claim Naija,

Peter, well done!!!
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by johnpeace(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2008
It is a very nice one by Samuel Peter. I am so happy for him, his family and Nigerian.
I hope he continues like that.
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by Krrush(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2008
rasputinn:

It's official now,Nigerias own Samuel "The Nigerian nightmare"Peter knocked out Olev Maskaev in the sixth round to become the unified world boxing council WBC heavyweight champion of the world.The guy was so excited after the victory that [size=13pt]he mumbled through the name of our dear president[/size] during his post-match interview.I'm sure the President will understand.Congratulations Nigeria

No he did not
He was refering to Suleiman "something"-The President of the World Boxing Federation(WBC).

Up Samuel Peter!

Up Gunners!

Up O B A M A ! He rocks !
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by ndubest(m): 10:10am On Mar 10, 2008
choco4life:

Sports is one thing that keeps all Nigerians UNITED

No matter the tribe or religion

In sports we are all one and proud to be Nigerians

May be its time government start investing HEAVILY in sports as a means of national reconciliation and Psychosocial Upliftment of Nigerians
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 12:09pm On Mar 10, 2008
Krrush:

No he did not
He was refering to Suleiman "something"-The President of the World Boxing Federation(WBC).

Up Samuel Peter!

Up Gunners!

Up O B A M A ! He rocks !

Yea right.But who cares?whether suleiman ndanusa or suleiman yar adua Samuel Peter is the WBC world heavy weight champ
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 12:13pm On Mar 10, 2008
choco4life:

he fought klitchko in 2005 the outcome was unanimous but i guess this time would be different if they meet again.

Yea Choco I know,infact that so-called unanimous decision is one decision that baffled me.
You know Peter actually knocked down the Klitchko THREE TIMES in that fight,yet could not finish him off with a TKO,so I'm asking you guys to express your views and suggetsions as he prepares for the big money fight against Klitchko whenever it comes up(trust Don King,he'll arrange the fight)
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by desgiezd(m): 1:18pm On Mar 10, 2008
choco4life:

So I am. Just a couple of days ago, a Nigerian secondary school teenager, Henry Akahara, won a gold medal in World Class Youth Debate at the British House of Commons in London. A few days later, Olusoji Fasuba won the 60 metres indoor race at the World Indoors Athletics Championships at Valencia, Spain and now this. This country has potentials to rank among the very best in the world if only we have leaders who have the interest of the country and her people at heart.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 2:07pm On Mar 10, 2008
desgiezd:

So I am. Just a couple of days ago, a Nigerian secondary school teenager, Henry Akahara, won a gold medal in World Class Youth Debate at the British House of Commons in London. A few days later, Olusoji Fasuba won the 60 metres indoor race at the World Indoors Athletics Championships at Valencia, Spain and now this. This country has potentials to rank among the very best in the world if only we have leaders who have the interest of the country and her people at heart.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!

Couldn't agree more with you bro
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2008
FBS:

success has lots of brothers and sisters and cousins, see them, na now u na they claim Naija,

Peter, well done!!!

Ah ah,which one you dey na FBS dem first tell you say dem no be naija b4 shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2008
wink wink wink wink
Re: Samuel Peter Is Wbc World Champion:knocks Out Oleg Maskaev In Round 6 by rasputinn(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2008
choco4life:

At last WBC orders Samuel Peters to defend title against Maskaev

(1) (Reply)

Official :nff President Aminu Maigari Disgrases Himself / ... / SEE PICTURE: Fans Welcome Podolski As He Lands In Italy To Sign Deal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.