Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria (8686 Views)

Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Is There A Peak Age For Entrepreneurship ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by kessyur: 6:18am On Feb 06, 2013
Yahoo-Yahoo boys trying to call their selves entrepreneurs, SMH.
Chrisjane: [link me up in netpreneurship
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by igbanbajo(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2013
Bookmarked.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by tonyitguy: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2013
Tony Udomiaye is a graduate of Physics Education from University of Lagos. He started his career with IIMCD, a non-governmental organization. He is a seasoned IT professional with various professional Cerifications which include Ethical hacking among others.

He is also skilled in;

1. Flash Sites ( extreme creative designs ) and Flash Intro and Graphics.
2. Banner , Logo Creation , Ad Creation and all types of Graphics.
3. Php/Asp.net Dynamic Websites with Databases like orkut,facebook.
4. Search Engine Optimization & Marketing Services , Bulk sms ,Bulk Email Service.
5. Link Building,Get Backlinks,Increase Page Ranek and Site World Ranking.
6. Submission and Promotion to Social News, Bookmarking, and Media Sites.
7. Get Traffic ,Visitors, Visitors from Search Engines , Increase Keyword Value.
8. Network management
9. GSM Engineering - BTS,PDH,SDH Network integration
10.Transmission - Vsat,VOIP, VPN Design and Configuration.
11. Radio Frequency Engineering
12. Certified Ethical Hacker

Tony is a passionate researcher and I.T trainer, and now thanks to skills acquisition I am self Employed. This is what and serious minded person who is a graduate i believe should do to@ least empower him or herself. Nigerians are blessed with the brains lets Grab d skills....08188869055
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by dav8id(m): 10:41am On Feb 06, 2013
Most of the problem is people are afraid to implement any newly discovery idea they discovered.instead they prefer someone to do it first and that prove we did trust ourselve.
recently lately last year december i discover an idea on how to distribute/supply android tablet in bulk to some group of individuals.i implement that idea immediatly,so far so good i"ve supply 40 pcs of android tablet starting mid december last year to end of january this and am still counting coz i still have pending order of 8 pcs in whice i place when china new year holiday is over. I gain 10k for each tablet i supply.
i advice all, always make a move whenever you discover a new idea.

wish you all best..
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by emynem05(m): 11:05am On Feb 06, 2013
One of the best thread so far.
Am a graduate of agric eng.
Acquired skills in computer repairs and satellite installation,networkin.
Currently a post graduate student of environmental health and safety FUTO.
I love innovations, self confidence and belive.
I fink doze are part of the qualities u need to succed in life.
I am about to setup a modern soccer viweing center in my location,(ihiahgwa,futo host community)
And will advice any1 that has a university, poly or schools of higher learning in his/her location to do same. With the current trend of football it generate money to do other biz.
But the problem wif ideas is finance to start it up. So start finkin of how to generate ur finance, write proposals and give to friends of like minds, if they can or will suport with what they hav. Don't tell dem to give u moni for all, they will run away.
I wish u luck and will post any biz I knw dat can generate income to all who care.
Like minds let's talk. pin:28361566
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by emynem05(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2013
Pls if any1 has a list of small scale biz he knws, should endevour to post it so we all can research on it in our various locations. Will be grateful!
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by feasy1(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2013
The OP started the thread with the intent to share ideas, rub minds and advice budding entrepreneurs how to move to the next level. IMO, this thread will fare better if there are no phone nos, contact me on email and any other adverts. Adverts can be placed on other threads.

To the topic, We need to change our mindset in Nigeria, entrepreneurship require hard work and dedication its a no get rich quick stuff and you shouldnt compare your self to the next neighbor politician that became rich overnight.

Nigeria is full of opportunities,lack of amenities and security challenges in Nigeria is a blessing in disguise to Nigeria entrepreneurial folks. If those were not there, the opportunities will be very few as the international companies and conglomerates will be in every nooks and crannies of Nigeria already, they have ready made access to cash and loan abroad and would have invested in every sector and readily available opportunities.

Look around your environment, your local government, your state, what problem can you proffer solution too, that people will be willing to pay for??
I have read about countless fraud cases on Nairaland as regards to trade, can you provide an escrow based web trading platform, a la naija ebay verifying users to ensure fraud is reduced to almost zero.. you said that require cash?? What of supplying agricultural produce? Some villages just outside Ibadan has in abundant plantain that goes for about NGN4000 per dozen of bunch of Plantain(Each bunch has between 12-15 plantain). A bunch of 4 is retailed between 300-500 (depending on size)at Magodo Shangisha gate. You can make good profit above 50% competing with the existing suppliers.

There are countless opportunities offline and online, you only need to look around you, be creative, thirst for success, dont take NO for an answer. And you'll be soon.

Feed yourself with the right information,put yourself in the creative state of mind, instead of watching show biz everyday, if you must shows, why not the business reality TV shows, Shark Tank, Dragons Den, Apprentice, Angel's Gate.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2013
Well well well.

Entrepreneurial instinct is in every individual but raising capital to start that business of your dream is the problem.

But there is a financial network program you can get involved in to raise some good capital to start a good business.

I have made some good money from it and i believe you can take advantage of this great program too. Running for over 17years now. To read more visit this thread.https://www.nairaland.com/1002434/earn-up-38295-only-15
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by zogo(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2013
Are you intrested in Heliculture (Scientific Snail Farming)? fact remains that the demand for Snail meat outweighs the supply, hence only very few in the business take all the money in the business. Because of its nutritional & medicinal value, Snails are in high demand all over Nigeria and abroad in UK, US, Asia and other African countries, hence it can be exported. Heliculture is very simple if u follow our instructions and experience we put in our ebook. Grab it here: www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see you @ the top!
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
Can people stop with the adverts and provide useful input?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Can people stop with the adverts and provide useful input?

You just read my mind
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by kingviny: 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2013
BE A PARTNER ON THIS AND MAKE GOOD PROFIT !!!

INVERTER SUPPLY BUSINESS

5 REASONS WHY YOU MUST OWN AN INVERTER (FUELESS & NOISELESS POWER GEN.)

• With the high cost of PHCN bill, an Inverter will help you to store energy for later use so that you can maximize your PHCN power expenditure.

• With the stress in Nigeria, you can not afford not to sleep well at night with light and fan. If PHCN power is not in supply, you can switch to inverter. Don’t join those who risk using noisy and smoky power generator overnight. They are hazardous, disturbing and very dangerous! Inverter is noiseless, fueless, smokeless and not dangerous.

• The savings made in terms of fuel and maintenance when you compare inverter use to that of power generator is very huge! With the ever sky rocketing cost of fuel and maintenance stress, you can imagine how much you will be saving.

• The money you spend in fuelling your gen. on a daily basis for 1 year is enough to buy our complete inverter solution (inverter + battery) of which the battery can last you for up to 5 years!

• By using inverter at home/office, you will be helping to reduce the gas toxins being generated by power generator users in Nigeria. Many epidemic air borne diseases can then be minimized.

OWNING AN INVERTER IN NIGERIA IS THE WISEST THING TO DO. YOU DESERVE
THE BEST, GO FOR IT NOW!

WE CAN SUPPLY YOU OUR 2.0 KVA INVERTER + BATTERY CHARGER AT A GIVE AWAY PRICE SPLASH OF N34,950 ONLY. WE WILL ADVISE YOU ON THE BEST TYPE OF BATTERY TO BUY. TO SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY, WE HAVE RE-ENGINEERED THIS 2.0 KVA INVERTER MODEL TO RUN ON ONLY 1 BATTERY ( 200 AH MODEL, DEEP CYCLE )

OTHER RATINGS ARE AVAILABLE.

HURRY AND ORDER NOW! WE HAVE LIMITED STOCK.
HOTLINES:- 07081516945 , 07025402410
POWERED BY:- MOMENTUM VINAY TECHNOLOGIES, LAGOS – NIGERIA
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by wisemanj(m): 12:37pm On Feb 06, 2013
ETA (LAGOS):
Love the Trend.

Let me this with You.Nigeria is so Blessed and you need to seek GODS eye in where he has positioned you to dominate.
One thing in this side of the world is we copy peoples idea alot and trust me whatever idea you might have, You will be copied even before you begin to make Profit. The thing is that, if you are in ur Area of passion. You will outshine them and Prosper once thats the area GOD Called You in.

As business People, you have to set your Piority. I once had 30k and i had a Business to invest in, Had an exam to pay for, Needed Blackberry so Badly cos of my Business.

My decision was what gave me over a Million Niara. That simple decision, took me to the next Phase....
pls how where u able to start a buznes with 30000?
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by feasy1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2013
Isnt this a true reflection of why we aint getting things right in this country?? three people have called the advertisers to order, yet they won't stop. they find it hard to follow simple instruction. For the Inverter supply business. Are you not better of opening a thread of yours where it will be more feasible??

BTW, I found a good opportunity on the business advert thread after my last post, called the OP and we might be on the path to create lots of jobs for the unemployed.

BTW, you dont need to spend years thinking of ideas, there are uncountable millionaires in America, China, Brazil,UK without a single idea of their own, its about spotting opportunities, harness it and build a business around it, no amount is too small or big, As difficult as it might sound, you dont need the millions to make things happen,look around you today, spot problems, create a solution to it, continue to refine the solution based on market response, make your customer your God (customer service is pretty bad in Nigeria, there is ample opportunity in that space)and they'll always come back.

There is no better time in history to be rich than now, 50 years ago, the only way you can contact someone say in China or US would be via yellow paper probably obtainable at the Chambers of Commerce and Industry, but now you can do international call by the seconds, you can even skype free of charge, lots of B2B trade website.

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him". - David Brinkley
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 12:55pm On Feb 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Can people stop with the adverts and provide useful input?

This is exactly the problem we have.

What input do you want asides from real cash to start that desired business?
So what every intending entrepreneur needs is money to start or ideas on how to raise small equity.

My input is no advert but an honest recommendation. I left the university in 1997 and it was this program that gave me 3500euro to get my office and started my computer networking business before i had an auto crash that gave me spinal injury which sent me back to square zero.

Now i am still involved in e-commerce and making decent income so please get this straight "there is no reasonable input a prospective entrepreneur needs other than start off capital or a seemingly easy way to raise it"

Whether it is your talent you want to develop or want to start any business whatsoever, you must need good cash to start off.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by wisemanj(m): 1:00pm On Feb 06, 2013
Toks2008:

This is exactly the problem we have.

What input do you want asides from real cash to start that desired business?
So what every intending entrepreneur needs is money to start or ideas on how to raise small equity.

My input is no advert but an honest recommendation. I left the university in 1997 and it was this program that gave me 3500euro to get my office and started my computer networking business before i had an auto crash that gave me spinal injury which sent me back to square zero.

Now i am still involved in e-commerce and making decent income so please get this straight "there is no reasonable input a prospective entrepreneur needs other than start off capital or a seemingly easy way to raise it"

Whether it is your talent you want to develop or want to start any business whatsoever, you must need good cash to start off.
i m very sorry i ur lost
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Toks2008(m): 1:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
wisemanj: i m very sorry i ur lost

Thanks Bro.

The truth is that this country sucks.

Nigeria as a country will never allow you do anything for her or yourself except you are highly favored by GOD.

Even the churches with useless men of GOD crusing private jets will never announce at the end of the service for soft loans to be giving out to intending entrepenures so in this country you must fight your way through.

So my honest advice is to look for the smallest business you can start with then you can widen your horizon from there.

Use your talents(what you love doing) and find ways to develop it and i bet it will be a money spinner for you in no time as we can see in the lives of our musicians, comedians, footballers and what have you.

This is the fastest way to discover yourself because your gifts will make a way for you no matter where you are located in the world.

Look for a job if you must but never ever wait to get a job before doing something reasonably with your life.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ediddy02(m): 3:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
The key to entrepreneurship is to find that thing that wakes you up in the morning and gives you joy when you think about it,that thing you can do and not get paid for rather you keep doing for the love and passion.You'll be surprised to see how happy and enthusiastic you become doing it..Entrepreneurship is fun!

You just do what love doing whether you're making money or not and every other thing follows.. keep the faith keep hussling and keep being positive.find your niche and start growing small and before you know it you'll see yourself in a position you never believed you will.

Don't blame the country or your father or your friend everything can start with you.

Goodluck !
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by feasy1(m): 3:38pm On Feb 06, 2013
ediddy02: The key to entrepreneurship is to find that thing that wakes you up in the morning and gives you joy when you think about it,that thing you can do and not get paid for rather you keep doing for the love and passion.You'll be surprised to see how happy and enthusiastic you become doing it..Entrepreneurship is fun!

You just do what love doing whether you're making money or not and every other thing follows.. keep the faith keep hussling and keep being positive.find your niche and start growing small and before you know it you'll see yourself in a position you never believed you will.

Don't blame the country or your father or your friend everything can start with you.

Goodluck !

Good contribution there bro
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Consultville(m): 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2013
EXCLUSIVE OFFER
Be Your Own Boss; give your company a corporate outlook
Get your company registered today with the Corporate Affairs Commission
Pay 60% of the registration fee and complete 40% upon certificate collection