Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,676 members, 7,837,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria (8685 Views)

Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Is There A Peak Age For Entrepreneurship ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Danyl(m): 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
222Martins: Just as God opened the eyes of Elisha's servant to see the chariots of fire, i just wish God can open the eyes of many to see the opportunities in Nigeria. Countries such as China, South Africa, U.S.A, U.k, etc are scrambling to invest in Nigeria,.....while our youths are scheming on ways to run abroad for greener pastures. We need a change of mindset. I made my first $10,000 in Nigeria,......and i will make my first $1,000,000,000 in Nigeria. May God help us all....
can i get to know u sir? Am Ayodeji Olabiyi...how did u start ur enterprise and what challenges did u met with when securing ur start up capital and how did u overcome it all?
Olabiyi007@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by drealnamdy(m): 2:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice topic....just what I need to concentrate on instead of joining d millions in seeking for just one slot...why don't I create employment myself and help reduce the unemployment rate in Nigeria....I A̶̲̥̅♏ an enterprenuer and fierce one...and that I will do....by d special grace of God..Amen'
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ify4king(m): 2:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
222Martins: Just as God opened the eyes of Elisha's servant to see the chariots of fire, i just wish God can open the eyes of many to see the opportunities in Nigeria. Countries such as China, South Africa, U.S.A, U.k, etc are scrambling to invest in Nigeria,.....while our youths are scheming on ways to run abroad for greener pastures. We need a change of mindset. I made my first $10,000 in Nigeria,......and i will make my first $1,000,000,000 in Nigeria. May God help us all....
I want to knw more abt u sir, hw u overcame ur challenges etc my email is ify4king@ yahoo.com
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by OmerianConsult: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
Entrepreneurship is not just the best thing, it is the only worthy thing in this 21st century.

We are a consulting firm that is into Business Development & Advisory, Deals facilitation, marketing & Sales and Entrepreneurship Development. We help existing businesses to grow/grow more and also help talented individuals to build a business around their skills. Our clients can testify on our behalf.

Omerian Consult
A: Suite 50, Samuel Plaza, Lagos-Abeokuta Express way, Iyana Ipaja, lagos.
E: omerianconsult@gmail.com
T: 08188360168, 08132232989
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
Omerian Consult: Entrepreneurship is not just the best thing, it is the only worthy thing in this 21st century.

We are a consulting firm that is into Business Development & Advisory, Deals facilitation, marketing & Sales and Entrepreneurship Development. We help existing businesses to grow/grow more and also help talented individuals to build a business around their skills. Our clients can testify on our behalf.

Omerian Consult
A: Suite 50, Samuel Plaza, Lagos-Abeokuta Express way, Iyana Ipaja, lagos.
E: omerianconsult@gmail.com
T: 08188360168, 08132232989

Hi, can you help me with this question

is it possible to transact business in Nigeria using a company registered outside Nigeria? is it mandatory that i have to register it in Nigeria first?

I have been asking this question for a long time but it seems nobody has an answer
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by bemagnify: 3:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
This d most brilliant thread i av eva cin in Nairaland. Gud job.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by CooldudeY2J: 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
How did u do it, i would like to know.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2013
Just what i need to lift my spirits this aftnoon.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ladywise: 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2013
a wonderful thread
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Justice4all1: 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2013
[quote author=222Martins]Just as God opened the eyes of Elisha's servant to see the chariots of fire, i just wish God can open the eyes of many to see the opportunities in Nigeria. Countries such as China, South Africa, U.S.A, U.k, etc are scrambling to invest in Nigeria,.....while our youths are scheming on ways to run abroad for greener pastures. We need a change of mindset. I made my first $10,000 in Nigeria,......and i will make my first $1,000,000,000 in Nigeria. May God help us all. It's nice and interesting reading ur testimony. I'm delighted to request that you coach / mentor me on how you got to that level of progress. Contact me on modikint.resources@gmail.com. God bless you

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Tavenue: 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
BUSINESS PARTNERS WANTED

REQUIREMENTS:

a. Must have passion for the ICT Industry
b. Must be willing to work on the company project without pay except profit sharing formula agreed.
c. Must be Computer Literate
d. Must be willing to travel within and Outside Nigeria

BENEFITS:
a. Good profit sharing
b. Extra Bonuses
c. Local & International Exposure

If interested, kindly email partnership@technologyavenue.com.ng indicated your area of interest. Only selected partners will be contacted.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sky-walker:

Hi, can you help me with this question

is it possible to transact business in Nigeria using a company registered outside Nigeria? is it mandatory that i have to register it in Nigeria first?

I have been asking this question for a long time but it seems nobody has an answer

It is very possible.

But you have to pay relevant taxes to the Nigerian government based on income you derive in Nigeria.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
I made my first 450k naira when I was 13, but it was through lottery grin
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by 222Martins(m): 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2013
Billyonaire: You are encouraging Nigerians to stay home, thats great. But why are you measuring your success in dollars instead of Naira ?
I do business in Nigeria, I operate my entire business from Nigeria, 75 percent of my workforce are Nigerians and approximately 30 percent of my income is in dollars. No offence please, but i measure my success in dollars because it's the world trade currency and secondly, wealth calculation and asset valuation is often hedged against the dollar.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by chemashie(m): 4:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
Am in.....
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by 222Martins(m): 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Danyl:
can i get to know u sir? Am Ayodeji Olabiyi...how did u start ur enterprise and what challenges did u met with when securing ur start up capital and how did u overcome it all?
Olabiyi007@gmail.com
To all those who want to know how i did it......i will tell you. I did it just the way every other successful entrepreneur did it. There's no secret pill, nothing like the best idea, nothing like a perfect opportunity......i just did it. I started with one business, it succeeded and i replicated the success in other industry. However, i want to emphasize the fact that being successful in one business does not mean you will succeed in your next business venture. Thorough understanding of the business you are venturing into is very very vital. With adequate knowledge, you can still find success even if you have limited capital. Secondly, i want to state with all humility that i have had my own share of failure..........so don't think i am a superman. wink wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by NET1(m): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice Thread

.NET
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by gowaga68: 5:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Brand_new:
That is about to be solved with a project along that line.
People will have to feature their start-up business on a website where investors can buy up eaquity in it so entrepreneurs will have an avenue to reach out to a wider range of audience and investors.
Bro you make sense o but i dont think that will work in naija, for example i love anything animal husbandry will a website kick start the capital to boost the venture?
Op i dey feel you.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 5:23pm On Feb 05, 2013
Jarus:

It is very possible.

But you have to pay relevant taxes to the Nigerian government based on income you derive in Nigeria.

Thanks Bro. really appreciate that.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by ETALAGOS: 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
Love the Trend.

Let me this with You.Nigeria is so Blessed and you need to seek GODS eye in where he has positioned you to dominate.
One thing in this side of the world is we copy peoples idea alot and trust me whatever idea you might have, You will be copied even before you begin to make Profit. The thing is that, if you are in ur Area of passion. You will outshine them and Prosper once thats the area GOD Called You in.

As business People, you have to set your Piority. I once had 30k and i had a Business to invest in, Had an exam to pay for, Needed Blackberry so Badly cos of my Business.

My decision was what gave me over a Million Niara. That simple decision, took me to the next Phase....
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by neksummi(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
222Martins:
To all those who want to know how i did it......i will tell you. I did it just the way every other successful entrepreneur did it. There's no secret pill, nothing like the best idea, nothing like a perfect opportunity......i just did it. I started with one business, it succeeded and i replicated the success in other industry. However, i want to emphasize the fact that being successful in one business does not mean you will succeed in your next business venture. Thorough understanding of the business you are venturing into is very very vital. With adequate knowledge, you can still find success even if you have limited capital. Secondly, i want to state with all humility that i have had my own share of failure..........so don't think i am a superman. wink wink

Thanks for sharing. Some people give up when they experience little setbacks. They fail to understand that the road to success is tarred at some points with failure.

I started internet marketing in 2007 with no laptop. I used to work from cyber cafes. I sometimes had to sleep in cyber cafes. Man it wasn't easy. I was just spending money and made no money. My first sale was came after 1 year. But all this while I received great training from the site.

My advise is that you should take time to learn the ins and outs of any business you want to go into.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by OmerianConsult: 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sky-walker:

Hi, can one do business in Nigeria using a company registered abroad?
No, you have to be duly authorised by the govt by way of registration. The way forward is to operate through a local partner. We are the exclusive Nigerian partner of Aglomar SL, Spain. We shall soon (physically) bring a major brickmaker in Northern Spain (Madrid) to Nigeria. We can help you register if you want. Let's discuss this opportunity E: omerianconsult@gmail.com T: 08132232989, 08188360168.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Alleinad(f): 7:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
Entrepreneurship is indeed the way forward in our developing country. Its rewards are limitless, if you're willing to be courageous enough to take the stand. And yes, I tilt my glass and bow my head to every entrepreneur that has started from the scratch and shown us the youths that Yes, we can!
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by tunad4rari(m): 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by tunad4rari(m): 7:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
222 martin share wit me how u made ur money in nigeria.08060506857,tunad4rari@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Triple3Gayanfe(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2013
coooooooooooooooooool
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Meristem: 10:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
ebamma: Am a certified garri enterpreneur, i buy cassava from my village and bring it to the town to sell to bakeries that produce cassava bread,thank God im now doing what i love most

Thanks for sharing, mr GARRIPRENEUR grin grin
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by kukute: 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2013
Entrepreneurship is the only veritable solution to the monster of unemployment in Nigeria. For those who want to earn the skills to venture into entrepreneurship in the fashion sector, check out Fashion and Art Academy. Fashion and Art Academy is the vocational skills transfer arm of House of Henri which has trained over 2000 people. House of Henri is an integrated company focused on the creative industry and creativity related ventures. The fashion division of House of Henri won the Nigeria Best Fashion Designer for 2005/2006 of the Nigeria Fashion Show.
Goals: Our goal is to fire the ember of entrepreneurship in people who want to start or grow a career in the Fashion, Art and Craft industries in general by imparting to them invaluable creative, technical, and business skills. The programmes prepare our students for careers in the local and global Creative Industries including Fashion, Art, and Design. With these skills, our students can start or grow their business as a means of livelihood or as an additional stream of income. We believe that beyond the typical white collar jobs, every man or woman should have a skill or learn a trade that they can fall back on at any point in time. For more info check www.fashionandartacademy.com
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
Wud luv to start up a nanny agency pls is dere any one here who cud give me start up tips.
Re: A Thread For Entrepreneurship In Nigeria by showby: 11:17pm On Feb 05, 2013
I want to open a new internet forum for Nigerian audience. Please click here to help me suggest a name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paypal To Introduce Credit Card With 2% Cash Back / Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety / Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.