Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,269 members, 7,860,627 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:28 PM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1010315 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Okattamgbee: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
debco: please do I need to activate online banking before I. Can use my gtb naira card for online transactions?
nope
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Decryptor(m): 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Amando_bolt: did u just said 15k? if I hear. na land u want sell?
abeg no dey wash our heads for dia forum abeg. tell us the correct selling price, nobody will kill u.

If you want to know the correct selling price, go to AE and find out. I am very good in marketing. He saw it and fell in love with it almost immediately and asked me how much i got it as he was aware that i ordered for it Mid-October, i told him that both the price, shipping and handling cost me 18k (Mind you, the guy is rich) and he suggested i sell it to him for 15k which i would have done but it would look so ridiculous cos no one buys something for 18k and sells it for 15k, i guess he wanted to see my reaction.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Chukabiz(m): 9:17pm On Nov 01, 2013
Decryptor:

If you want to know the correct selling price, go to AE and find out. I am very good in marketing. He saw it and fell in love with it almost immediately and asked me how much i got it as he was aware that i ordered for it Mid-October, i told him that both the price, shipping and handling cost me 18k (Mind you, the guy is rich) and he suggested i sell it to him for 15k which i would have done but it would look so ridiculous cos no one buys something for 18k and sells it for 15k, i guess he wanted to see my reaction.
I see
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ekanDamie: 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
Decryptor:

so bro, will u sell d watch for me 3k, since i no u dint buy it for 18k. i swear i dont wanna see ur reaction. lol. jk
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by ekanDamie: 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
so pls guys how do u generate phone numbers n adresses for ebay na. i cant bid unless i register
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by twinskenny(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
ekanDamie: so pls guys how do u generate phone numbers n adresses for ebay na. i cant bid unless i register
you sure u wnt to do that? d u have paypal account? u will just be bidding for nothing and they will close the account.....
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Decryptor(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
ekanDamie:
so bro, will u sell d watch for me 3k, since i no u dint buy it for 18k. i swear i dont wanna see ur reaction. lol. jk
Lol! Don't worry...i'll sell it to you for 3k x 3 x 2...u do the maths grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mcfynest(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
willyfrench:

Well, from what i understand from your tracking info it actually arrived Nigeria between 15th september & 3rd october and you didn't go to claim it on time (within 21days of arrival as stated by our Guru mayorall) so it was sent back to china & arrived Beijing international on the 25th october.

Summary:Your package was sent back to china because it was unclaimed.

i'm not 100% sure oh, but i hope one of our masters here can confirm @mayorall, @surveycash & others.

please oga tell us how to check purselve....BIKO OMP IYAMI
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by bashorundon(m): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
bashorundon: Please, what's the latest exchange rate for Access Bank's Debit Card? Thanks in advance.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by willyfrench(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
mcfynest:

please oga tell us how to check purselve....BIKO OMP IYAMI

Well i used the regular http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml with google translate because it gives more detailed info.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by klens(m): 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
I have been off since two weeks now cos of GTB master card charge, someone here suggested FBN visa prepaid that it takes 5 days and you don't need to open account with them, so I pause all my online transactions, on getting to the bank I opened a new account with them, then applied for the visa prepaid, it is over 10 days now and. my card is not yet ready, I quarreled with their staff today, they started pleading with me, The visa prepaid is a separate account, I suggest go activate your internet banking from their you can track the two separate accounts. for those enquiring for Diamond bank visa, I'm sorry it Can't work, even there customer service calls me almost everyday after I had issue with them,when I complained about their card she told me their card can't do any international transaction, but very soon, till then they are contact all their customers when it is possible. for starters let's say DIYS grade 1,i will advise you make good relationship with your buyers, .make them to trust you, don't go for inferior stuffs because you want 100% gain, call them or text even after your first transaction as they might recommend you and trust you with cash anytime and can bring millions to your door step. Be carefull with Alibaba, most people that claims to be suppliers are even 9ja yahoo boys who hijacked the real sellers store with viruses, they might even be your neighbor, use escrow always, copy down and erase the last four digits in your card. Happy importation, Happy new month.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blessed001: 11:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
willyfrench:

Well i used the regular http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml with google translate because it gives more detailed info.
pls when the site open, i entered the trackin nos, yet its say error, wot wil i do
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by inikamoze(m): 12:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Decryptor:

Chairmo...I just want to ask,is the leather Genuine Leather or PU Leather? I already have 5 pcs of that skeleton watch in transit. But since you've gotten yours..would you oblige me the above answers? Thanx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by aminu150(m): 1:25am On Nov 02, 2013
Please house I want to order for 10 sets of jewelry using free shipping. Will it pass through 9ja custom hitch free or will I be asked to pay duties? Need your opinion please especially those with experience.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Okattamgbee: 2:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Please has anyone here use Swiss post before? If yes how long does it take them to get your item down to Nigeria. Thanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by tonjeola(m): 5:04am On Nov 02, 2013
aminu150: Please house I want to order for 10 sets of jewelry using free shipping. Will it pass through 9ja custom hitch free or will I be asked to pay duties? Need your opinion please especially those with experience.
NO. you won't pay anything, it will get your area post office, but at the point collection they may demand recharged card fee because someone will call you to come for pick up when it arrive.
HAPPY NEW MONTH
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by olori4b: 5:12am On Nov 02, 2013
Good mrng pls can someone help me track this. Things I no come they understand again
RF169186231SG
RB854577045CN
Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by olori4b: 5:13am On Nov 02, 2013
Decryptor:

pls which shipping company did you use. Thanks
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blessed001: 6:59am On Nov 02, 2013
hello my pple. good morning,pls can some one help me track these items.
RB310566898CN
RB324831261CN
RB895787627CN
RB869826883CN
RB963441349CN
RC185346507HK
RB732859832CN
thanx
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:34am On Nov 02, 2013
blessed001: hello my pple. good morning,pls can some one help me track these items.
RB310566898CN
RB324831261CN
RB895787627CN
RB869826883CN
RB963441349CN
RC185346507HK
RB732859832CN
thanx

Haha. Who we offend?.

Track with 17track.net. click full site. Enter your tracking details.

If its transporting, expand it, if its not found, ask your seller for the reason.

If you dont understand the language for china post packages. Intmail.183.com.cn (dont add www) for china post. Change language to English. Click item tracking. Enter your details.

Check if its already in Nigeria with Nipost.gov.ng. Click track and confirm.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by geebehn(m): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2013
gud mornin house.
Plz i wanna ask if its okay for post office to charge extra money when my order arrives.
I ordered for 2 psp games dat arrived different time and they charged 2k each b4 i could collect my order.
Also, i ordered for 2 android note dat came on diff. Date aswell and i was charged 2k and 5k respectively by d post office despite the fact that those products are free shipping.
Plz house, is this ok or not. If not, what should i do when next my order comes so that these people wont eat up my profit. Thankz.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2013
geebehn: gud mornin house.
Plz i wanna ask if its okay for post office to charge extra money when my order arrives.
I ordered for 2 psp games dat arrived different time and they charged 2k each b4 i could collect my order.
Also, i ordered for 2 android note dat came on diff. Date aswell and i was charged 2k and 5k respectively by d post office despite the fact that those products are free shipping.
Plz house, is this ok or not. If not, what should i do when next my order comes so that these people wont eat up my profit. Thankz.

Ask of their director and narrate your story. You fit para for them. What state?.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by geebehn(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2013
mayorall:

Ask of their director and narrate your story. You fit para for them. What state?.
osun state, osogbo precisely.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by blessed001: 8:18am On Nov 02, 2013
mayorall:

Haha. Who we offend?.

Track with 17track.net. click full site. Enter your tracking details.

If its transporting, expand it, if its not found, ask your seller for the reason.

If you dont understand the language for china post packages. Intmail.183.com.cn (dont add www) for china post. Change language to English. Click item tracking. Enter your details.

Check if its already in Nigeria with Nipost.gov.ng. Click track and confirm.

bro pls can you do the tracking, cos i have tried it, it kept showing me 0 items. biko bro.tanks.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by 9free(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2013
geebehn: gud mornin house.
Father Christmas.......
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2013
geebehn:
osun state, osogbo precisely.

Lolz. Tell Alfa to show you the man writing the price. He's a nice man. Narrate your story, I'm sure you won't pay for your next products. Let him know DHl will charge you about #1,000 according to your seller. Joke, laugh. They will free you. Its really cause of your seller. He had undervalued the goods too much.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:53am On Nov 02, 2013
Got this from a site. So I decided to share it here as it will be useful to us too.

SUB2: IMPORT PRODUCTS
WITH AS LOW AS N5,000
MANY NIGERIAN MILLIONAIRES AND
BILLIONAIRES BECAME RICH BY IMPORTING
PRODUCTS INTO THE COUNTRY. THIS IS WHY
THE WORD 'IMPORTER' SEEMS TO MEAN 'A
WEALTHY PERSON' IN NIGERIA. THE SECRET
OF SUCCESS IN IMPORTATION LIES IN THE
FACT THAT NIGERIA IS BASICALLY A
CONSUMER NATION. SO YOU HAVE AN
OPPORTUNITY OF A HUGE MARKET FOR
MOST PRODUCTS FROM THE MORE
PRODUCTIVE NATIONS. AGAIN, YOU HAVE
AN OPPORTUNITY OF BUYING THINGS VERY
CHEAP RELATIVE TO THE PREVAILING
PRICES AT HOME. THERE ARE CERTAIN
PRODUCTS YOU CAN SELL AT 100% PROFIT
AND YET IT WILL BE CONSIDERED
AFFORDABLE LOCALLY. YET, AS YOU ARE
GOING TO SEE HERE, ONE SECRET OF
SUCCESS IN IMPORTATION LIES IN NOT
BEING TOO GREEDY. IF YOU TAKE
ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT YOU CAN
ACCESS PRICES THAT ARE VERY MUCH
LOWER TO MAKE THE PRICES RELATIVELY
MUCH LOWER, YOU'LL MAKE MORE MONEY
IN THE LONG RUN.
GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN YOU HAD TO
TRAVEL OVERSEAS BEFORE YOU COULD
IMPORT PRODUCTS. THAT IS THE GOOD
NEWS HERE. INSTEAD, WITH THE HELP OF
THE INTERNET, YOU CAN START IMPORTING
EVEN TODAY AND WITH AS LOW AS N5,000
START-UP.
This is the summary. Just go online, buy the
products you want and get them shipped to
Nigeria. The word 'shipping' means bringing the
products to you in your country and does not
have to be through the sea. Actually, to do well
in online importation, most if not all your
products shall be arriving by air. Although it
could be costlier, it is faster and generally more
profitable to a small-scale importer: You can get
the products faster, sell earlier, recoup your
investment within the shortest possible time and
go for another trip.
Where to Get Products From
There are countless online portals where you
can buy products online. But in making your
choice from the pack, you needed to consider a
lot of things: For example, is the site trusted?
What products do I want to buy and are they
available on the portal in question? At what
prices? What incentives are available on the
portal that could be beneficial to me - like free
shipping, discounts, etc? How fast will my
products arrive? Although there are countless
portals to choose from, in our opinion, these are
the best to consider: DH Gate
(www.dhgate.com), Alibaba (www.alibaba.com)
and Aliexpress (www.aliexpress.com). You have
to browse around these and choose according to
your specific need. So, it's just as simple as visit
any of the sites and ordering your products,
right? Wrong. There are other things to
consider. That's why we are not stopping this
lesson here.
Market Research
You have to research the market well. First, go
to your favorite online portal and get familiar
with their operations and products. Read the
FAQ sections. Browse the display area. Check on
pages like 'the most popular products'. Get to
know the available incentives and just know
them well. That's the same thing you could have
done offline if you visited a country like China,
Malaysia or the US to import products, isn't it?
having familiarized with the products on the
portals, you should be having some inspiration
about possible product lines to consider. You
have the opportunity to contact sellers by
chatting with them online or by sending them a
message. You should have your eyes on the
rating and reviews a product have. If the rating
is high up to 95% and the reviews from other
buyers are good, then the product must be good.
In your communication with the buyer, ensure
that he can send products to our dear country
Nigeria, before you consider buying from him.
After researching on the portals and getting
familiar with everything there, you now go out
into the Nigerian market to compare similar
products in terms of quality, market size, price
and more. You can research on the streets and
you can also browse products on Nigerian online
retail portals like Olx (www.olx.com), Jumia
(www.jumia.com), Deal Dey (www.dealdey.com),
Tradestable (www.tradestable.com), etc Having
compared products online and locally, you are
are in a position to take a good decision.
Taking A Decision
Most Nigerian online importers seem to be
stereotyped. You hear them talk of products like
phones, laptops, ipads and more. These are
good, but experience has shown us that you
could do better with unique product lines -
something needed locally but the type you can
hardly find in Nigeria like ladies' hand bags,
jewelries, non-disposable diapers and more.
Personally, we discovered that products that
have to do with women and children have more
prospects than others.
You should equally consider the amount you
have. If you are starting with say Five Thousand
Naira (N5,000) only, you can't of course be
thinking of buying laptops. But, you could buy
diapers and jewelries.
Ordering Products
If you are just starting out with a particular
product, it would be wise to first get a little
quantity of it which you will use to create the
awareness first. Once there is demand for it, you
can go for more. And never you pay a buyer
directly. Always pay by clicking on the 'order'
button attached to the product. In this way, you
will be paying through the portal. That means
you are certain your product will arrive, and if
you ever have any complaint, it will be
addressed officially by the portal in question
since they have a reputation to protect. Because
of this, always generate a receipt for any order
you make AND SAVE IT. Your products should
arrive in 3 days or, at most, in 7 days.
You place your order by using your ATM card.
Every bank's ATM card in Nigeria now doubles
as a credit/debit card. Personally, we know
Zenith Bank, Ecobank and GT Bank's debit cards
are accepted on the portals we have mentioned.
Marketing Your Products
This is unarguably the most difficult part of this
business. But if you have already created an
awareness as already said, it becomes relatively
easy. Apart from taking the product samples
physically to its target audience (ie. those that
needed it), you can also sell them through local
Nigerian sites like Google Trader, Tradestable,
Olx, Nairaland and more at no extra cost to you.
You can also use the social media like Facebook
and Twitter or messaging like BBM and more.
Always display the real picture of the product
while giving your physical address also. Be wary
of taking products to people's houses and offices
because you could get robbed. It's best if buyers
can meet you in your house, office or a public
place such as a hotel or an eatery.

2 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by geebehn(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2013
mayorall:

Lolz. Tell Alfa to show you the man writing the price. He's a nice man. Narrate your story, I'm sure you won't pay for your next products. Let him know DHl will charge you about #1,000 according to your seller. Joke, laugh. They will free you. Its really cause of your seller. He had undervalued the goods too much.

Thanks bro, i'll go there by monday morning...
plz expect ma call aswell.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by purplecircle: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2013
Please which of the zenith cards can one use and is the zenith rate ok. Also can i buy clothing with free shipping
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yehmy(m): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2013
9free:
Father Christmas.......

Oga 9free i don dey find u o pm me on whatsapp
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by dulaman: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2013
whats the uodates with products with battery? i buy a phone and get it with free shiiping(china post) is the bateery issue affecting china post?
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 11:11am On Nov 02, 2013
geebehn:

Thanks bro, i'll go there by monday morning...
plz expect ma call aswell.

Urw boss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.