Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,847 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (29772 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / We're Merging To Save Nigeria -ACN, CPC, ANPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 05, 2013
The four major opposition political parties- ACN, ANPP, CPC and APGA - are now officially merged. This was confirmed by leaders of the party few minutes ago.

Source: Radio Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 05, 2013
good news! I though Apga would be left behind. this is just the beginning for the downfall of Pdp!

21 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 05, 2013
A positive development!
I always knew APGA was in the loop here grin

10 Governors Endorse Merger Between For APGA, ACN, ANPP, CPC To Form Mega Party

10 governors have today endorsed the merger talks between 4 political parties including ANPP, CPC, ACN and APGA to form a mega party.

The announcement was made by the Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha after a 5-hour meeting that held at the government house, Marina Lagos and hosted by Governor Raji Fashola of Lagos.

This is perceived by the parties involved in the merger to be a strategic move to wrestle power from the PDP in the 2015 presidential elections particularly.

Unarguably, the race for 2015 elections have been kickstarted officialy with this public endorsement.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
I don't trust APGA. It appears to be a branch PDP. Peter Obi delivered APGA to PDP to protect himself.

5 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2013
berem: good news! I though Apga would be left behind. this is just the beginning for the downfall of Pdp!
It is the beauty of democracy. The STRONGER the opposition, the BETTER the performance of the ruling party.

21 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by PointB: 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
It is not changing into a lion that is the crux of the matter, getting the lion's tail is.

I will throw or withold my support after accessing the presidential and vice presidential candidates. That is the crux of the matter.

5 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is the beauty of democracy. The STRONGER the opposition, the BETTER the performance of the ruling party.
since 1999,the ruling party didn't perform better, it is now other parties have merged that Pdp will perform magic? abeg make I hear word grin

21 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Ngwakwe: 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2013
A very nice development. Nigerians now have a choice.

We can now send any political party parking after every four years or as we choose.

This will also force PDP to restructure it's internal democracy to lessen the number of aggrieved factions.

4 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by takedat(m): 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2013
This comment has been removed by the Author.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by teskyg: 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
Dead on arrival.There will be so many intrest group.PDP dey laugh

3 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Geomac: 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
PointB: It is not changing into a lion that is the crux of the matter, getting the lion's tail is.

I will throw or withold my support after accessing the presidential and vice presidential candidates. That is the crux of the matter.

True talk, merging is not the issue here but the candidate will determine what will happen.

3 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Joeadamu86: 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2013
That's democracy in Action,its not how well, its how long.... Congratulations grin
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Ngwakwe: 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2013
If the fear of opposition will make PDP to present seasoned and trusted technocrats/politicians with track record of success and credibility. Why not?

berem: since 1999,the ruling party didn't perform better, it is now other parties have merged that Pdp will perform magic? abeg make I hear word grin

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by niceone3(m): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
this move by these political parties in all ramification is a display of political maturity and shrewdness which unravels their readiness come 2015. this move though long overdue is never the less highly commendable. kudos to the new mergers!

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 05, 2013
kITA TITA: I don't trust APGA. It appears to be a branch PDP. Peter Obi delivered APGA to PDP to protect himself.
The APGA that joined the merger is Rochas Okorocha's APGA. Peter Obi and his faction are not part of the merger.

4 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: If the fear of opposition will make PDP to present seasoned and trusted technocrats/politicians with track record of success and credibility. Why not?

story! why haven't they done that since 1999? when a pot of soup get soured, no matter how you warm it, it won't bring back the original taste. the only option is to cook a fresh soup. most Nigerians are now wise to know that pdp has failed woefully. this merger is a sign for a change in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by jmaine: 5:06pm On Feb 05, 2013
[size=18pt]Hallelujah cool [/size]

3 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by KnowAll(m): 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2013
What of labour party?
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by tomakint: 5:09pm On Feb 05, 2013
Even if they come together like the Five Lions of Voltron, Jonathan will still slam them come 2015 cool Merge ko, merger and acquisition ni!

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by SkyRider1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Strange bed fellows., The in- fighting follows almost immediately.

1 Like

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by igbsam(m): 5:11pm On Feb 05, 2013
I foresee trouble days ahead and it will be as a result of which group takes so so and so slots. Right now it might look so good. But Nigerians are always greedy. One party would want to rule over the other. Take for instance. ACN would claim they are the bigger part of the joined parties with a contending CPC claiming that too. APGA definately is the baby and lowest rank of the group, so they would settle for less. But its a good thing sha they merged. I hope they all agreed and signed a written agreement so tomorrow, ACN faction no go talk say na dem go bring out presidential candidate and CPC would oblige.

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by sharubutu(m): 5:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
OBITUARY!OBITUARY!!OBITUARY!!!
This is to announce the death of
P. D. P.

11 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by takedat(m): 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
Not too optimistic. I'll rather wait to see the sincerity of APGA and ANPP before commending the merger.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by thaoriginator: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
berem: good news! I though Apga would be left behind. this is just the beginning for the downfall of Pdp!
Yyaaaay! Surely the beginning of ending of the killer disease party. The 'clueless one' and his cohorts should be sent parting in no time. We cannot wait!

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Dandas: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2013
Nice development,but the issue will be how to endorse their presidential candidate, will it be Igbo,Hausa,Yoruba or South South,because na there wahala dey oo,as many of them may not agree.Lets see how it goes.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by DonHummer(m): 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
this is a big lie...even if it is true....y are som pple happy....is it not the same set of little crooks,looters,liars dat will still merge to form a bigger one...infact hav u seen any politician dat is faithful to any party,,once dey fuc.k him up,he changes party.which does nt in anyway change his personality....for me it doesnt change any faden...infact its dangereous....cos the more dey merge , the more money they will share....

10 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by seanet01: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
Not yet uhuru.
InsincereNigerian is just an illiterate.
Endorsement of the 10 Governors does not translate to Official Merger.
They have not merged officially and i can tell you this authoritatively.
Harmonization of Leadership and other issues are yet to be agreed.
Though talks have reached a high level.
Some PDP moles have infiltrated CPC and ANPP, We currently have some people insisting on Buhari contesting in 2015 even when ACN want the issue to be left open to what the Political situation demands in 2015.
I pray this work out but there are some serious problems that must be sorted out first.
May Almighty God let this Work out.
InsincereNigerian, THERE HAVE BEEN NO OFFICIAL MERGER BETWEEN ACN, APGA, CPC AND ANPP.
More like some factions of ANPP don't even want the merger.
Okorocha currently a stumbling block to APGA'S involvement in the merger talks.

2 Likes

Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by tomakint: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sky Rider: Strange bed fellows., The in- fighting follows almost immediately.

ooooohhh lIke say you know wetin dey my mind!!! Omo I go dey for the sideline and keep watching as events unfold cool
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by omiobo: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Thank God,you see the reason why there should be a strong opposition.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by Flye: 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
That is good for Nigeria atleast it will make all pdp government in all the state to work hard and it will give peaple alternative with strong and united base.
Re: ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? by hrmkz: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
What will the new party be called?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

France Admits Ownership Of Seized Plane In Kano / APC Senators Attack Saraki, Reject Change In Election Timetable / President Buhari Commissioned Largest Rice Mill In Africa In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.