Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign (19634 Views)

Nigeria Wins Women's 4x400m Gold At The African Athletics Championships / Nigeria Wins Gold In The Men's 4x100m At The African Athletics Championships / Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF (2) (3) (4)

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Blackbody20(m): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
Thats the best thing to do as a national coach in Nigeria. You will be celebrated for ever.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by wengerjay(m): 10:36pm On Feb 05, 2013
babaowo: Naija nd drama!!! ibo nd proudness!
You meant to say 'ibo and pride'.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Hakim27: 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2013
Too much pride and ego is always the downfall of the nigerian team.....just because you beat an overrated ivory coast team you think you are on top of the world.....humility is the best quality ...
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by condralbede(m): 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2013
Keshi! Keshi!! Keshi!!!,how many times did i cald U?if U like resign B4 2moro if Dat pleases U....nah for ur pocket.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by ubong560(m): 10:43pm On Feb 05, 2013
That group pic, na calabar stadium be that o. No be South Africa abegi!

Meanwhile, Keshi or wateva ur name is, abeg finish ur work first B4 u go talk this one.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by elampiro(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
This is distraction.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Igwe9(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2013
OP is sure up to something, else why would the title be misleading. Keshi never said he will resign, he was simply asked a question if he would continue being the super eagle coach after the tounament of which his answer is ; if his employ said so, good, else he has no other option than to go, which is the normal thing in life.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by crackhouse(m): 10:48pm On Feb 05, 2013
before he start enjoying his time in Mali, let me quickly remind him that Boko haram have relocated to Mali, so Mali may not be a good choice for him this time around.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by chucky234(m): 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2013
wengerjay: You meant to say 'ibo and pride'.
NO he meant "Igbo and proudest"
LMAO
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by heykims(m): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
omicron: Di matteo is still a legend. And he left with his pride too...the shame is always with the impatient billionaire that is Abramovic. Up till now, chelsea fans still 'hail' di matteo every 16th minute of play in recognition of the man.
oh yea..but maybe if only he had left after he won d champ league nd didnt wait 4 d impending sack letter to pursue him out of Stanford, not only chelsea fans wud hail but EPL fans...

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by ubong560(m): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2013
What time una dey sleep? E be like most of una dey do watchman for person compound na em make una dey use nl dey quench sleep comot for una eyes.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2013

Proudness? undecided
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by COOLDUN: 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2013

Mr Free education benefactor it is Pride and not Proudness, chie nairaland and its bus conductors members, must every body comment?

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by 1k001(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2013
...Nigerian, Resign?! for where!!!

Resign no dey naija lexicon!!!

Sha good luck to him if he does. Good riddance anyone?!
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by lomzy1(m): 11:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
SEYI_KP: SOME OF U LACK ABILITY TO COMPREHEND, CANT U GUYS SEE DAT HE WAS ANSWERING TO A QUESTION ASKED BY JOURNALIST, U ARE NOW SAYING HE'S PROUD, IF HE'S PROUD IS ON IS JOB.

God bless u my brother. This Is d most reasonable post so far. Some ppl on nairaland don't comprehend whatever they read before they start posting. Imagine someone saying "proudness" (gbagaun). Wetin person no go see and hear for nairaland.
Am a yoruba guy and I felt so sad when I heard some yoruba guys talking abt how keshi didn't pick any yoruba boy to afcon. This is exactly why ,Nigeria has not moved forward. D silly quota system or whatever it is called. Why don't we get ppl who cld do whatever we want to do best. Keshi selected d best players he felt could give him d best performance. If they were all yoruba. Would any yoruba have complained? If keshi fails its not because he didn't go to SA with yoruba or more hausa guys.

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Blueeyedboi(m): 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Pesin answer question wey pesin ask am una dey here dey hyperventilate....keshi dis keshi dat..how about reading the article first before posting crap...smh
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by HyconBc: 11:08pm On Feb 05, 2013
Win it first,if u like go somalia after !
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Boll2010: 11:12pm On Feb 05, 2013
I do lyk it if u used dat word pride nt proudness#NoOffence
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Anvaller: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
Honestly, there is a big problem with Nigerians.. we run ourselves down and even frustrate any build up to progress... What has this guy said that labelled him a proud man? He said he can pack his bag if there is no more job for him, he didnt say if he won the cup no body can dare sack him did he? So what is wrong if he is thinking of winning the cup, should he be thinking of losing at this level of the tournament..? If he comes out to say that he is not sure if he would win .. u will still bash hm for having a loser mentality.. I remember how much shuaibu was bashed for not assuring Nigerians that he would bring back the cup... Honestly we need to start taking things easy and not just talk any how at every single thing. And to the guy that took the issue tribal I am disappointed in you. People can be very irresponsible while they are hiding behind computers.. Your name babaowo shows u are Yoruba and and I'm Yoruba too and that is why I'm even more disappointed. we need to grow up!

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by chiswaggs: 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2013
I'm not suprised you don't know english.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by saintuti: 11:16pm On Feb 05, 2013
Him think say dem go beg am? Abegii! Instead of focusing on the assignment him don dey yarn anyhow
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by chiswaggs: 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
lomzy1:

God bless u my brother. This Is d most reasonable post so far. Some ppl on nairaland don't comprehend whatever they read before they start posting. Imagine someone saying "proudness" (gbagaun). Wetin person no go see and hear for nairaland.
Am a yoruba guy and I felt so sad when I heard some yoruba guys talking abt how keshi didn't pick any yoruba boy to afcon. This is exactly why ,Nigeria has not moved forward. D silly quota system or whatever it is called. Why don't we get ppl who cld do whatever we want to do best. Keshi selected d best players he felt could give him d best performance. If they were all yoruba. Would any yoruba have complained? If keshi fails its not because he didn't go to SA with yoruba or more hausa guys.
God bless my soul. Today I've found sum1 I'm on the same page with. It means Nigeria is moving foward.

Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by babaowo: 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2013
COOLDUN:

Mr Free education benefactor it is Pride and not Proudness, chie nairaland and its bus conductors members, must every body comment?
.... sorry i went to school in inewi and my teacher's name is teachioke!!!
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by makaveli1(m): 11:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by makaveli1(m): 11:27pm On Feb 05, 2013
It beats when people talk about 'luck' n this issue... In this tournament so far the The SE are where they are now because of sheer hard work, the match against ivory coast gives more credence to my assertion... And even the Friendly against catalunya... Steven keshi is a good coach all he needs is support from nigerians.... You don't just head a team for a very short period and expect trophies and victories to come like that...
He is building a formidable team and doing that takes some reasonable amount of time... If you don't know anything about football just keep scrolling pls.
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by babaowo: 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
Anvaller: Honestly, there is a big problem with Nigerians.. we run ourselves down and even frustrate any build up to progress... What has this guy said that labelled him a proud man? He said he can pack his bag if there is no more job for him, he didnt say if he won the cup no body can dare sack him did he? So what is wrong if he is thinking of winning the cup, should he be thinking of losing at this level of the tournament..? If he comes out to say that he is not sure if he would win .. u will still bash hm for having a loser mentality.. I remember how much shuaibu was bashed for not assuring Nigerians that he would bring back the cup... Honestly we need to start taking things easy and not just talk any how at every single thing. And to the guy that took the issue tribal I am disappointed in you. People can be very irresponsible while they are hiding behind computers.. Your name babaowo shows u are Yoruba and and I'm Yoruba too and that is why I'm even more disappointed. we need to grow up!
.... pls don't take it personal, i just dey catch my fun noni... i hate tribalism, cross check my posts u will understand me better. 1luv..
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by Blueeyedboi(m): 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2013
To start with the caption is misleading and does not reflect the content of the article...dis is an indictment on d part of nl mods...you want to draw traffic to your site by misquoting someone on national assignment...very pathetic!
Re: If Nigeria Wins AFCON, Keshi Will Resign by babaowo: 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2013
CFCfan:
With all due respect, his ethnicity is not the issue here.
.... just been kidding, no hard feeling brov....

Vote For Victor Moses As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2017 / Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing