Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst (19524 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Loses Mother To Death, Apologises For Missing Tanzania Game / Why We Sacked Stephen Keshi- NFF / "We Can't Sack Keshi"- NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by BINTILAYE101(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
Osaze apologizes for his outburst on twitter

West Bromwich Albion striker, Osaze Odemwingie , has attributed his recent outburst against the Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, to anger arising from a feeling of betrayal by the coach.

Odemwingie had, at the wake of the release of the team list for AFCON 2013, taken to twitter to make some disparaging comments against the Super Eagles gaffer and the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.
The out of favour Super Eagles striker also called the chairman of the NFF Technical Committee, Chris Green, ‘names’ over his exclusion from the AFCON squad.

The England based forward has now said he made statements, which were made in a fit of anger, after he had made it known to his coach andcolleagues that he was set to travel for the January 2013 Nations Cup in South Africa.

In an interview with selected Nigerian journalists, the West Bromwich Albion striker admitted making some of the comments credited to him, but was also quick to make some clarifications on calling Green ‘names,’ saying he was only bitter about his exclusion.
He described Green as a good man and one of the few on the NFF board, alongside the President, Aminu Maigari, whomhe knows personally and would not want to offend; though his anger has portrayed him to be at ‘war with everybody’.

”I remember it was Green that settled my case with Siasia then ,but I was too angry when he called me over this matter, and was impatient to listen to him, and my comment was not directed to him personally but to those who made the decision. But I think I over reacted then,” Osaze said.

On his face-off with Keshi, the former Locomotive Moscow forward revealed that “I calledthe coach two or three times within that period ,maybe two or three days before the list was made public and told him of my commitment to be part of the Nations Cup, and have toldmy coach I will be going to the Nations Cup.”

According to him, “I told the coach I was ready to report to camp by January 3rd, even before other professionals start reporting to camp, if I was in his programme for the Nations Cup; and even told himto feel free to drop me if I was not in his programme.

“I felt betrayed after that seeming heart-to-heart discussions with the coach few days to the release of the team list and he could not hint me I was not in his plan for the Nations Cup. For me it was not professional and I considered it a betrayal and lost my cool given all the arrangements I had made towards the Nations Cup,” he said.

Odemwingie also revealed that he felt pained and miffed by “some comments on why I was dropped ranging from being arrogant to asking for the captain’s band; and I concluded the federation wanted to freeze me out of the national team after ten years of serving the country with commitment and dedication”

“I don’t mind being asked to give the younger ones a chance ,even though I still have five years to offer at the international level, but I only think it would be proper to be honourably pulled out of the national team and not ‘disgraced’ out of the team after years of dedicated service to Nigeria,” he said.

The West Brom star argued that though his international career is over in the light of these controversies, which he noted “were unfortunate and regrettable,” he believes “there is need to correct somewrong impressions out there that I am always fighting with every coach,”
“But what people don’t know isthat my issues with all the coaches from Samson Siasia toLars Lagerback and now Keshi had to do with purely football matters, not administrative or asking for more money for players.

“My case with coach Siasia dates back to the 2008 Olympics, and had to do with insufficient jerseys and all that; with Lagerback it had to do with how I was treated and Ivoiced it to him personally at the World Cup, and now being treated unfairly.

“Imagine talking with someone two to three times over an issue and few days later you begin to hear a different story from the person, who was in a person to tell you point blank, ‘you are not in my plan for this,” he said.

The versatile forward concluded by saying “I am human and open to error by the way I may have taken the issue, and regret the whole controversy, and want to put all this behind me now and focus on my club career, while wishing the team the best of luck as a Nigerian.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/sports/113245-why-i-blasted-keshi-nff-osaze-reveals-apologises-for-outburst.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=why-i-blasted-keshi-nff-osaze-reveals-apologises-for-outburst

13 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Freezle(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2012
He spoke the fact...
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by ebamma3: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2012
Just three words 'medicine after death'

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by freecocoa(f): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Is Osaze related to Ay?

Abi is the new trend in town now to make outburst\comments on twitter and then apologize?

Una no get work undecided

13 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
This is how a real man behaves.

6 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by 80million1: 9:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
*speechless*

will this now earn him a recall in Ameobi's absence?
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Caspian22(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2012
3rd.... well srsly i want osaze 2 be in d team... buh i knw we hav a good replacement 4 him in moses.

-Caspian
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Iaz93: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
NONSENSE!!!
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by bisiofgod(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Dis guy is childish. Please tell him to grow up

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Goldieluks: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
Who gives a hoot though?? angry
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by ignis: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
The deed has been done already and the life ban has taken effect. That's why one has to think twice before speaking or making any move.
Its just like apologizing to the referee after he has given you a Red Card.

4 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by TenKobo1: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2012
The guy surely thinks through his balls.
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by yuzedo: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
At list he didn't did dis once over twinta. undecided

Osanze is a good guys and very dedicate. I fill bad all this is happens to him instead of that karagulated mechionu guy mikel who does big mens for Super eagle but still call him all the time.

Osaze, i wish you well in your carrier. Goodbye to national team my grate broda of life. cry

17 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by floriana(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
But why? See what A.Y the comedian has done. He started this apology foundation. Now everybody is apologising. The rule: do evil, the apologise.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by brixton: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
D coach ought to be professional in handling dis matta. Osaze is our best playa right nw.

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by bumps(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
My take on this is dat is osaze the only super eagles player dropped.wat about taye taiwo and uche kalu qnd the rest.atitude is osaze's'problem.
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by bright007(f): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2012
Who is Osaze?

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Libkid(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
How does this affect that ur name aint among those to rep team nigeria in nations cup.that guy should go and sit down or bera still get a life.he jez taking medicine when is already dead
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Smh you don't fucccking talk crap when you gonna have to apologize later! I read all the osaze dudes whinning like a little bittcchh on twitter.
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Libkid(m): 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
brixton: D coach ought to be professional in handling dis matta. Osaze is our best playa right nw.
when last did u watch osaze play.dat guy is a torres in disguise.

1 Like

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Xfactoria: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2012
Stupid man behaving like a school boy!

He wants Keshi to tell him ahead of the release of the provisional list so that he could call his godfathers to come and beg. Sorry boy, Keshi didn't send you to brag in London about how you would be the first name on the AFCON list as if your father owns the Super Eagles. Even that feeling of entitlement is share arrogance!

And people said he spoke the fact, what fact? That NFF is corrupt? We knew that 10 - 15yrs ago.

9 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
You do not apologise when you do the right thing.

4 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
the deed has already been done but who says his career is over, his career is not over, if he considers JT of chelsea whose football age is 26 but whose actual age is close to 50 he will be hopeful

1 Like

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by usmanktg2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
Its useless following football brake-ups nowadays cos we already knew wat wil happen next.

#Respect Osas

1 Like

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by nairalady(f): 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2012
blink182: You do not apologise when you do the right thing.
i wonder

1 Like

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
bright007: Who is Osaze?
Osaze is that internationally acclaimed celeb herbalist in ya village

2 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by hagma37yahoocom: 10:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
bright007: Who is Osaze?
You mean,you dont know osazie yekini? Na wa for you ooo. Na dat ghanian actor weh act 'Cyber War'

5 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by mrperfect(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
What Nigeria need is wining the nation's cup.
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by allout: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2012
Epitome of instability! Why start all that if he was going to apologize?
Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by Libkid(m): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
yuzedo: At list he didn't did dis once over twinta. undecided

Osanze is a good guys and very dedicate. I fill bad all this is happens to him instead of that karagulated mechionu guy mikel who does big mens for Super eagle but still call him all the time.

Osaze, i wish you well in your carrier. Goodbye to national team my grate broda of life. cry
identical ibo dude.u just murdered english

10 Likes

Re: Osaze Apology: Why I Blasted Keshi, Nff, Osaze Reveals; Apologises For Outburst by pinkrex(m): 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
yuzedo: At list he didn't did dis once over twinta. undecided

Is this your brain mis-calculating the English alphabets or its just plain I don't know?

All these grammer would even infuriate mods to ban you.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - Player Rating / Man United's Champions League Hopes Are Over After Arsenal Defeat - Rangnick / 2014 CAF African Women's Championship - Namibia 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.