Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? (17983 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 / Why Do Nigerians Support Man. Utd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Briareos(m): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
ipromise: From tonite match onward ghanians should knw there friend when ïŧ comes to football bcus we nigerians are not.. I personally i prayed we dont meet them and as God will hv it...Ghana has gone..
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Agrika: 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2013
Suprise suprise no ghanian has commented
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by somegirl1: 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2013
I supported Burkina Faso until I realized that the Ghanaian team wasn't as great as expected.
Based on their performance yesterday, Nigeria would have taken them easily had they made it to the finals. Les Etalons are not to be under-estimated.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by sleekymag(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
I supported Burkina Faso in that match because it was obvious they were better than the Ghanaians, they had more fighting spirit, and the referee seemed to be on Ghana's side with the questionable calls. However, i didn't want us to face Ghana in the final also because of the apparent boastfulness or pride of both their citizens and probably players. Ghanaians usually feel inferior to Nigerians, and in the quest to boost their ego, they like comparing themselves to us, instead of us taking each other as brothers. That rivalry with them is what just pisses me off. So its good to know we're not in the same class at least for the AFCON. Sometime in future, i want us to meet them and beat them silly. But even if we don't these are supposed to be just games, and not do-or-die affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by superbloke(m): 6:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

You are wrong on 2001 loss to Naija, cos there was no AFCON that year. Instead, in 2000, Naija lost to Ghana in penalty shoot out at the finals.
They lost to cameroon not ghana
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by ipromise: 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
Oh poor ghana, what an unforeseen able crash out...AFCON unreachable try again later.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by temitope23(m): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:
In 2000, Naija lost to Cameroun.. My mistake, but AFCON comes every 2years and falls on even number.. 2000, 2002 until CAF changed it, so there was no AFCON in 2001.

It was a world cup qualifier in 2001 for korea japan 2002 we won 3 nil. Even their keeper was given a red card when he foul tijani babangida ane their captain kuffour had to keep.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by simdam500(m): 6:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
Cos it beta loosin to b.f than ghana
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by uju22(f): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
Simple as ABC, I personally supported BF cus ghanians are too boostful and arrogant, just wondering wot would have happen if dey qualify, shaiiiii we for no hear word
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Arosa(m): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2013
@topic, do Ghana support Naija in anything? why should we support them against Burkina far soo?
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by bingbagbo(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2013
Arosa: @topic, do Ghana support Naija in anything? why should we support them against Burkina far soo?

The whole of Ghana was behind Nigeria Against Ivory coast embarassed
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Arosa(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2013
bin gbagbo:

The whole of Ghana was behind Nigeria Against Ivory coast embarassed

shocked shocked shocked really? my bad, then I support Ghana from today onwards.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by bingbagbo(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
Arosa:

shocked shocked shocked really my bad, then I support Ghana from today onwards.

...its too late now......

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Rchemical(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2013
Syenite: @ ihedioramma, Wrong! We beat them 3-0 in 2001 and 1-0 in AFCON 2006. I supported Burkina Faso cos i dnt want them (Ghana) to rub shoulders anywhere near us. Let them play a loser's final while we play for the title. I dnt care if Burkina beats us or not. Better to lose to Burkina than to lose to those loud and foul mouthed Ghanaians.
totally on point!
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Person2: 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

You are wrong on 2001 loss to Naija, cos there was no AFCON that year. Instead, in 2000, Naija lost to Ghana in penalty shoot out at the finals.
hahaha u mean naija lose to ghana in 2000 afcon final? have ur ovarated black apes team ever won d afcon when sixteen team percitipated? or do u wat to compare nigeria dat won real afcon comprising of sixteen team to ur overrated team dat last won it wen it afcon was called 4nation tornament dat my secondary school team can easily won? 4 ur info d last time ghana won it was in 1982 wen it was been called 4nation tournament so how to u beat nigeria in year 2000 afcon final?
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Person2: 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

you are high Caneroon won Afcon 2000 undecided
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by vandarsar(m): 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
Stop being xenophobic u maggot. I was in Accra on Wednesday, tell you what, The Ghanaians were supporting us against the CIV, I don't care how you interprets that but there is no point calling them "Charcoal people" Most middle class Ghanians are fair and they probably have more well to do half cast than Nigeria. If you don't have something good to say about somebody, just SHUT UP!
brixton: Didn't want d charcoal people to even think for a second dat we are on same level at all... I hate them mor dan dey can Eva hate Nigeria... Lousy bragaddos
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by bingbagbo(m): 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2013
ortopazz:

gud point! Let them knw their place!

bull-shittz!!! angry
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by prairie(f): 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2013
onitshaigbo: I'm tired of those Ghanaians who always think they're better than us, even though we are the Giant of Africa. Countries like Ghana prevent Africa from being more united. Nkrumah was a greater leader but they exiled him, may God destroy Ghana.
WTH!!! Y wil u wish them bad? Nawa for u o, they are beefers so pay them no heed
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
ghanaians too dey boast for football. esp when dem wan play againt SE.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 07, 2013
me thinks the reason they supported the SE against CIV was because CIV they believed was their biggest threat in that competition,and if Nigeria should win CIV then they would win us in the finals as they've always been.No be say dem like 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Umunede(m): 7:12pm On Feb 07, 2013
I am living in ghana. They Ghanaians also wished that we lose to Mali
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by jmoore(m): 7:17pm On Feb 07, 2013
I was neutral but I decided to support Burkina faso after the referee decisions against Burkinafaso like the penalty awarded to Ghana,penalty denied for Burkina Faso, the burkina faso goal that was disallowed. Burkina faso played better than Ghana so It would have been injustice if they did'nt make it.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Umunede(m): 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
maxwello.yg:
me thinks the reason they supported the SE against CIV was because CIV they believed was their biggest threat in that competition,and if Nigeria should win CIV then they would win us in the finals as they've always been.No be say dem like 9ja.
infact after we beat Mali and b4 they played with burkina, they were boasting everywhere that they will win us in final. D defeat to burkina pained them like die. Their Coach definetely will be sacked and there was serious arguement over their radio this morning that their government should stop funding their senior national team
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by RedLight1: 7:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
temitope23:

It was a world cup qualifier for korea japan 2002 and not afcon
just ignore that kid... He is too ignorant
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by rapmike(m): 7:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
i just wanted Ghana out because they and cote'd'ivorie were making mouths that our team is not good enuff to face them...guess whose laughing now grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by RedLight1: 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
solomon111: Actually Africa is shaped like a gun,and Nigeria is at the trigger.
quite right.... Without the trigger a gun cannot boom... Which means no nigeria, no africa

1 Like

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Idriswhite(m): 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
When the game started i was neutral because i strongly believe our current super eagles would do anything. I began to support Burkina faso when Ghana began to do their cheat. They denied them penalty and a goal
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by RedLight1: 7:24pm On Feb 07, 2013
sleekymag: I supported Burkina Faso in that match because it was obvious they were better than the Ghanaians, they had more fighting spirit, and the referee seemed to be on Ghana's side with the questionable calls. However, i didn't want us to face Ghana in the final also because of the apparent boastfulness or pride of both their citizens and probably players. Ghanaians usually feel inferior to Nigerians, and in the quest to boost their ego, they like comparing themselves to us, instead of us taking each other as brothers. That rivalry with them is what just pisses me off. So its good to know we're not in the same class at least for the AFCON. Sometime in future, i want us to meet them and beat them silly. But even if we don't these are supposed to be just games, and not do-or-die affairs.
cool cool cool
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by eriegua83: 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2013
wink cheesy shocked ;DWaiting for fifa ranking. If dem like make dem chop poooo. GHANA HAS GONE. Dancing Alingo.
Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Reference(m): 7:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
adconline:

Thought it was Cameroun that won that. Victor Ikpeba's kick hit the cross-bar and appeared to cross the line but the referee (perhaps a north african) ruled it a miss and the Lions said aye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

France Vs Peru: World Cup (1 - 0) On 21 June, 2018 / Red Cards and World Cup Officiating / Africa Will Have 3 Teams In The Knock-out Stage For The First Time In FIFAWWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.