Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? (17984 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / Burkina Faso Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 - (3 - 2) On Pens On 6th Feb 2013 / Why Do Nigerians Support Man. Utd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Why Did Most Nigerians Support Burkina Faso Against Ghana? by Sagamite(m): 8:41am On Feb 09, 2013
Iyineda: Honestly, at the start of the match between Ghana and BUF I wanted the former to win because Naija vs Ghana is a "sexier" final on paper; 2 west African rivals.
However, after like half an hour into the semis, BUF was clearly the better team and the Black Stars have failed to really shine throughout the tournament (bar the Niger match).
So in the end I was happy that BUF won, especially since the ref's officiating was clearly oriented against them/in favour of Ghana.

I have no problem with Ghana as a nation. We have a lot to learn from them as a country and I'm sure there are one or two things they could learn from us as well. wink

Said my mind. Saved me from typing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

France Vs Peru: World Cup (1 - 0) On 21 June, 2018 / Red Cards and World Cup Officiating / Africa Will Have 3 Teams In The Knock-out Stage For The First Time In FIFAWWC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.