Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ (1769 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / Awareness For The Top Pastors And The Churches!!! / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 11:02pm On Feb 06, 2013
Today, I bring you a timely message to you and to the entire body of Christ. The Spirit of God is expressly speaking to the end time church(es) and we must heed the voice of the Spirit - Stay with me, I'm going to be as brief as much as I can.

Have you ever wondered why there're so many churches in the world and yet little impact is made in the moral lives of church people? This is not to judge. There's a difference between judging and correction. The word of God is for our correction neither do I write to judge any one or church(es) in the body of Christ. However, what the Spirit of God is saying is that, there's a problem somewhere when there're so many churches and yet, it does not reflect in the quality of lives that these church people live outside these churches in our societies.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
But Onan knew that the children [ seed] would not belong to him, so when he was supposed to have se.xual relations with [ he went to] Tamar he did not complete the s.ex act [ spilled his seed on the ground], making it impossible for Tamar to become pregnant and for Er to have descendants [ so that he did not give a descendant/seed to his brother]. The Lord was displeased by this wicked thing Onan had done [ What he did was evil in the eyes/sight of the Lord], so he killed Onan also. - Genesis 38:9-10

Why would God just kill a man simply because he spilled his se.men on the ground? Many people often use these scriptures to point to mastur.bation. Beyond that, God has hidden a revelation for the end-time churches in this account. Onan was to raise children for his dead brother, Er through the wife Tamar according to tradition of old. First, the selfishness of Onan is revealed in this account in that he knew the offspring of such se.xual intercourse between him and Tamar belongs to Er, his late brother.

(to be continue)
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 06, 2013
[quote author=Goshen360]Today, I bring you a timely message to you and to the entire body of Christ. The Spirit of God is expressly speaking to the end time church(es) and we must heed the voice of the Spirit - Stay with me, I'm going to be as brief as much as I can.

Have you ever wondered why there're so many churches in the world and yet little impact is made in the moral lives of church people? This is not to judge. There's a difference between judging and correction. The word of God is for our correction neither do I write to judge any one or church(es) in the body of Christ. However, what the Spirit of God is saying is that, there's a problem somewhere when there're so many churches and yet, it does not reflect in the quality of lives that these church people live outside these churches in our societies.

My brother, they are preaching another gospel, that's why they have no moral impact.

How can they have impact when some of the most vociferous warmongers, king pins in exploiting widows and the poor from their money, those who live in sin hoping that no one sees them, while they condemn others , are 'Christians'.

The list is endless.

We now have 2 churches in operation.

1. The little flock or the body of Christ - few in number and often outnumbered and rebuked by the counterfeit church

2. Majority false Babylon church - These ones are preaching and practicing a different gospel to that which was once delivered to the saints.

Sorry for the rant.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 11:50pm On Feb 06, 2013
Onan, whenever he goes in unto Tamar will ONLY stimulate, carouse, mastur.bate, feel and entertain Tamar BUT will NEVER impregnate, impart and deposit the seed into Tamar; hereby leaving the woman (Tamar) unfruitful and unproductive. Onan in this context is a type and picture of the the ministry gifts and Tamar is a type of the church. Onan also reflect the 'spirit of selfishness' and falsehood. Onan, wasn't the original husband of Tamar, Er was. Onan, was given to Tamar or Tamar was given to Onan for impartation, reproduction and fruitfulness.

In the same manner, the ministry gifts (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors/shepherds, and teachers) which in this case reflects 'Onan' were given by Christ to the church or the body of Christ, which in this case reflects 'Tamar', the woman. Christ is the original husband of the church (Ephesians 5:25) but Christ has given the ministry gifts to the church (Ephesians 4:11-12) for spiritual impartation that will enable the church to birth Christ or reflect Christ in the world.

In this end time, Onan is fulfilled in our days. There're so many churches and many spiritual gifts that only stimulate, carouse, mastur.bate, entertain God's people, the church and making them feel good without any impartation and deposit of the seed of Christ in them. This is also corresponding with the 'spirit of selfishness' in Onan - that is, many apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors/shepherds, and teachers who are into ministry for selfish reasons.

How do we explain church people that will attend church service and yet will still go out there to steal, pros.titute, lie, fornicate, commit adultery, kill, abort, engage in corruptions, steal government money, change figures to loot treasury, engage in occult practices, perform rituals for money, assassinate, kidnap, engage in witchcraft, practice homose.xual, lesbianism etc.

The truth is not far - There's not impart of the seed into the womb of God's people by the ministry gifts (Onan). There's no deposit of God's seed into the heart of the people. The people are only being entertained, stimulated, caroused and made to feel good on weekly basis only to come back next Sunday for another entertainment.

(to be continue)
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
@ My brother Frosbel, God bless you. I'm developing a concept the Spirit of God wants me to do to the body of Christ. Please permit me to finish the article. Hopefully, Our Lord will draw men unto Himself.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 11:53pm On Feb 06, 2013
selfishness is one of the diseases that is killing the church today. Its a me me situation now thats why there is so much greed. Thats why people find it hard to live for Jesus. consecration has disappeared. Money is now at the centre stage. "All to Jesus i surrender" is now just a mere lip singing. It no more flows from the heart.

Goshen360: Today, I bring you a timely message to you and to the entire body of Christ. The Spirit of God is expressly speaking to the end time church(es) and we must heed the voice of the Spirit - Stay with me, I'm going to be as brief as much as I can.

Expanded Bible (EXB)
But Onan knew that the children [ seed] would not belong to him, so when he was supposed to have se.xual relations with [ he went to] Tamar he did not complete the s.ex act [ spilled his seed on the ground], making it impossible for Tamar to become pregnant and for Er to have descendants [ so that he did not give a descendant/seed to his brother]. The Lord was displeased by this wicked thing Onan had done [ What he did was evil in the eyes/sight of the Lord], so he killed Onan also. - Genesis 38:9-10

Why would God just kill a man simply because he spilled his se.men on the ground? Many people often use these scriptures to point to mastur.bation. Beyond that, God has hidden a revelation for the end-time churches in this account. Onan was to raise children for his dead brother, Er through the wife Tamar according to tradition of old. First, the selfishness of Onan is revealed in this account in that he knew the offspring of such se.xual intercourse between him and Tamar belongs to Er, his late brother.

(to be continue)
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 06, 2013
Goshen360: @ My brother Frosbel, God bless you. I'm developing a concept the Spirit of God wants me to do to the body of Christ. Please permit me to finish the article. Hopefully, Our Lord will draw men unto Himself.

okay thanks Brother.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 12:32am On Feb 07, 2013
New International Version
The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ. - Galatians 3:16

The reason God killed Onan, who was a type and shadow of the ministry gifts was because he failed to deposit the seed into the woman to impart her but was only stimulating her and we have seen that the woman is the type and shadow of the church, God's people. There're so many dead ministry today that are only entertaining you when Christ (the seed) is not deposited into your lives. When you go to church and you're being entertained and made to feel good in your iniquity, you're in a dead ministry and under a dead ministry gift. When you go out of a church service on Sunday and you still go back to your lifestyle of iniquity during the week days, then Christ - the seed wasn't deposited in you. When the society can't see Christ in you after going to church, then you've only being stimulated by the end time Onans.

My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you,

New Living Translation
Oh, my dear children! I feel as if I'm going through labor pains for you again, and they will continue until Christ is fully developed in your lives.

Galatians 4:19

The Apostle Paul pictured the imagery of Onan and when he had deposited Christ in the lives of his children in the faith as he laboured in pains for childbirth like a woman already impregnated had nothing in expectations that for his little children in faith to produce what had been deposited into them, which is Christ. The first Christians were called Christians because people saw the evidence of Christ in them. The practically reflected and birthed Christ that was in them. Christ must be formed in you and Christ must be birthed by you if formed you.

Today, it doesn't matter where you have missed the mark. You can bring forth Christ! You can reflect Christ again! You can be the church that births Christ! God is counting on you! Today, If Christ is deposited in you as you read this article, all you have to do is this,

Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

King James Bible
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

New Living Translation
Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. - Matthew 3:8

Today, in case you've NOT come to Christ and believed in Christ or in the gospel of Christ. In case, you only attend church and being entertained. In case, you're only a church goer but not a Christian. To be a Christian, Christ must be formed in you and Christ must be birth by you. In case, as you read this article, you still steal, pros.titute, lie, fornicate, commit adultery, kill, abort, engage in corruptions, steal government money, change figures to loot treasury, engage in occult practices, perform rituals for money, assassinate, kidnap, engage in witchcraft, practice homose.xual, lesbianism etc. The hand of God is not too short that He cannot save. Ask God for forgiveness, ask Christ into your live and then Chris is deposited into you, then bring forth Christ, start living a new life that proves repentance from sin and new life in Christ Jesus - THEN YOU NOW BECOME THE CHURCH THAT BIRTHS CHRIST.

God bless you!
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by wordthots: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
@ goshen
Wow, great insight... God bless you
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by wordthots: 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2013
@ goshen
Wow, great insight... Thanks, God bless you
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 3:33pm On Feb 07, 2013
^
Thank you bro. God bless you also.

If God can kill a man to teach us a lesson in this end time. We should look beyond the letters unto the spirit of the word. Many people still mastur.bate literally today and yet they don't die physically. I do not say that to support masturba.tion but the revelation therefore is that, God doesn't want His church to be masturba.ted and caroused by the 'Onan gift' (the ministry gifts) but rather to 'impart and make deposit of the seed', Christ into the church so that they can bring forth Christ - until Christ be FORMED in you!. Whatever you carry inside you is what you produce after - Every seed produce after its kind.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by ATMC(f): 11:28pm On Feb 11, 2013
I just love you
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by RedReact: 12:26am On Feb 12, 2013
Bro Goshen, this is simple plain truth. God bless you mightily.
Some years ago at my student fellowship, the sister teaching us said church isn't where you go come back from and tell people service was awesome. She said if truly the Truth was preached, you will see where your defects were and felt remorseful, leading to change of ways.
Stay blessed!!!
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 12, 2013
@redreact
I'm nt too comfortable with ur statement. The truth of Gods word doesn't condemn, it liberates. So, yes, service can be awesome but like Goshen said it must produce a better person in u.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Snowwy: 7:05am On Feb 12, 2013
@Goshen,
This is simply a Spirit-led message. Thank you. If Onan knew he would not want to raise seed for His brother, He would have done the right thing by allowing someone else do that rather than trying to 'enjoy' her. It was the same thing that happened between Boaz and Ruth, only that in this case while the closer relative to Ruth's dead husband did it the right way allowing Boaz have her.

Linking it to what is obtainable today in Christiandom is so apt. The word of God cannot and should not be diluted to suit people's ideaologies, applause, whims or lusts. True soldiers of Christ endure hardness and hard messages, the type that turned some of Christ's disciples back from following Him.

Let us all check ourselves and not take our liberty in Christ as license.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by RedReact: 8:30am On Feb 12, 2013
Bobbysworld28: . The truth of Gods word doesn't condemn, it liberates. .
You are very correct. There must be no condemnation at all (Rom 8:1). The way we say 'service was awesome' nowadays just means we went there to be caressed and entertained, just as Goshen said, not as someone who was hit by the word, thereby causing transformation.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Rick9(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2013
john 4:23... But the hour cometh and now its here when D true worshippers shall worship D father in spirit and in truth
... Most xtians dont know Y they go to church, these days all they do is to come to church to show off thier best clothes turning D house of D Lord into a fashion parade arena,,,
Matthew 24:12,,, there will be such great wickedness dat in D end many people's love will grow cold ... Most Xtians cant forgive One another or show love to one another,,,, u will see some christians still harbouring a grudge against someone why cant they just forgive... Xtians should try and immitate D exemplary life of christ

...via Nokia X2-01
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Image123(m): 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
at gosh, you don't need more 'head air supply' from me, so straight to my point, which one is the church that births Christ, no be Mary born am?
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
^ You sure say you understand the article so? cheesy The church that will birth Christ are the the ones that Christ is produced (formed), seen and reflects in them.....especially outsides the walls of the synagogue. They go to the synagogue to be imparted and they go out there to produce Christ. S'oti ye yin sir?
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360: Today, I bring you a timely message to you and to the entire body of Christ. The Spirit of God is expressly speaking to the end time church(es) and we must heed the voice of the Spirit - Stay with me, I'm going to be as brief as much as I can.

Expanded Bible (EXB)

(to be continue)

Which one is churches again? I thought you have been campaigning that there is nothing like local churches. undecided Make up your mind on who the Spirit of God is speaking expressly to.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 1:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
^ When I use 'churches', I refer to the 'ministry giftS' and synagogue in a sense. The ministry gifts are still part of the church, the called out ones and the place where they worship is the building or synagogue in bible terms. We are the church and a church cannot go to a church; a church can only go to a place (building) of worship or synagogue.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Image123(m): 1:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360: ^ You sure say you understand the article so? cheesy The church that will birth Christ are the the ones that Christ is produced (formed), seen and reflects in them.....especially outsides the walls of the synagogue. They go to the synagogue to be imparted and they go out there to produce Christ. S'oti ye yin sir?
my brother said you should make up your mind oh, na synagogue abi church? Me, i understand your article, na your title i dey query, na Mary birth Christ abi na church go birth am? Thought church was bride of christ, not mother?
feel free to ignore, leg pulling unintended.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 2:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
^ I understand you bro. The connotative meaning of 'birth' is what I just explained to you. You're implying the denotative meaning of birth. Birth in this context as explained within the article is to 'reflect', 'produce' Christ characters outside the walls of the synagogue.

On the issue of the 'synagogue' and 'church'. Whenever, Apostle Paul or other Apostles wrote to, for instance, "To the church which is at Ephesus...", he wasn't writing to the 'buidling or synagogue'. He was writing to the 'people' who are the church - the called out ones. So, the building or the synagogue cannot be the church neither can they be the local church. The church however, can meet in local places or local forms.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Image123(m): 8:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
you want make i catch you, i go catch you, next week.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 8:27pm On Feb 12, 2013
Image123: you want make i catch you, i go catch you, next week.

Chei, see people even my very own brother(s) wan catch me for my own words.... grin. I know say na joke you dey joke but I don dey alert now sha....as you don talk am now. grin
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by PastorKun(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2013
Goshen360:

Chei, see people even my very own brother(s) wan catch me for my own words.... grin. I know say na joke you dey joke but I don dey alert now sha....as you don talk am now. grin

Image123 is not a brother ooo! He is a snake in green grass, wolf in sheep's clothing that as infiltrated the flock of christ to exploit us. I would advise you deal with him with a very long fork.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
^ Haaaaaaaa, Brother mi. Haaaaaaaaaa. Well, I believe he is still a brother but he is mixing truth with error. Even the false brothers in the Bible were still called brothers or brethren. No matter what he does and even if we don't agree, he's still my brother till Christ comes.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Image123(m): 9:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Image123 is not a brother ooo! He is a snake in green grass, wolf in sheep's clothing that as infiltrated the flock of christ to exploit us. I would advise you deal with him with a very long fork.
learn to write properly kunle, don't allow the devourer do these things to you.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 10:44pm On Feb 12, 2013
Cash and carry born again is what is making the world sink in sin even with the growing number of churches. All these 'repeat after me' prayers that originated in the last days churches havent been producing genuine born again christians. Instead of preaching the word and allowing the sinner to interact one-on-one with God in prayer for the salvation of his soul, pastors choose to ask them to repeat prayer lines after them. Such a mechanical prayer, i wonder how it can bring about a genuine salvation. Some of these practices came into the church because an average present day pastor in his pride and self display always wants everything that happens in church to revolve around him so that his respect will continue to grow and people will continue to see him as their mesaiah while Jesus becomes just a mere word used during church service. if not, why cant they just direct people to have a personal talk with Jesus for the salvation of their souls? They make the so called altar call and five hundred people comes out, next thing they tell you to repeat after them, next they round off with their own prayer and declare all of you born again..NONSENSE. The person that is declared born again goes home without any spiritual regeneration rather just with the mentality that he is now a born again as declared by pastor. next he carries bible and joins one department in church, next he goes making noise on the street in the name of preaching and evangelzing. Yet a few days the born again mentality which made him to start avoiding some things he knows the church is against disappears and he begings to indulge in those things again, secretly this time around, thereby living a hypochritical life which is the worst thing that a christian can do. This is what is killing today's churches and this is part of the seed not being deposited in them as the OP said. God is not far away from us. let the pastors teach people to go on personal sincere prayer to God for the salvation of their souls. All these short cut practices of the present day churches have not produced genuine and lasting results on people. When someone is genuinely saved, the difference is usually very clear.

1 Like

Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Goshen360(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
^
Yours is a word from HEAVEN! I'm also blessed by your words being expanded from mine. God help us all. What you often heard Jesus preached was repentance. Many are saying, "I'm born again" without repentance. And Jesus said, "Bring FORTH fruit meet for repentance". God bless you bro.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by RedReact: 9:34am On Feb 13, 2013
Brother Alex,
Your words were really an eye opener. But these days, though I don't know how effective it is, they appoint counselors for them to do follow-up for the converts.
When I gave my life to Christ, 16 years ago, I underwent 3 days of teaching about things that pertained to salvation, and I still drew back from Christ, only to embrace Him again with the works that pertained unto repentance.
Actually, the way messages about salvation are being preached today (even in my local assembly), I don't like it because they still rally round submit your life to God and you will enjoy His blessings. The truth therein is that, it is easy to say you accept Christ as Lord and savior, but the place of battle is bringing forth fruits that pertain unto salvation.

By the way, what are the works of evangelists - the called evangelists now as regards to ministering to sinners now. They do their works in a way that's different from how pastors do theirs. I need an explanation.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
Goshen360: ^
Yours is a word from HEAVEN! I'm also blessed by your words being expanded from mine. God help us all. What you often heard Jesus preached was repentance. Many are saying, "I'm born again" without repentance. And Jesus said, "Bring FORTH fruit meet for repentance". God bless you bro.

Thanks and God bless you too.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 9:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
RedReact: Brother Alex,
Your words were really an eye opener. But these days, though I don't know how effective it is, they appoint counselors for them to do follow-up for the converts.
When I gave my life to Christ, 16 years ago, I underwent 3 days of teaching about things that pertained to salvation, and I still drew back from Christ, only to embrace Him again with the works that pertained unto repentance.
Actually, the way messages about salvation are being preached today (even in my local assembly), I don't like it because they still rally round submit your life to God and you will enjoy His blessings. The truth therein is that, it is easy to say you accept Christ as Lord and savior, but the place of battle is bringing forth fruits that pertain unto salvation.

By the way, what are the works of evangelists - the called evangelists now as regards to ministering to sinners now. They do their works in a way that's different from how pastors do theirs. I need an explanation.

My dear, when you are genuinely born again, a radical change takes place in you instantly. You will see righteousness flowing out from the very depth of you effortlessly. You wont have any need for anybody to follow you up or for and 3 days counselling. Salvation is a work of grace through faith. Those churches that are doing the follow up thing and 3 days counselling does not even understand what it means to be saved. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says- "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature:old things are passed away, behold all things are become new". when old things are passed away in your life and ALL things are become new, whats the need of somebody to start following you up and be telling you dont do this and dont do that?
1John3:9 says- " whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his SEED remaineth in him;AND HE CANNOT SIN BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD.(not because he is being followed up). Yet today's churches believe follow up is what will make the person not to sin. It simply shows that its a counterfit born again. May god delive our churches from short cut approaches to these spiritual experiences. Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lineage Of Jesus Is From Mary Not Joseph / 5 Christian Teachings That Needs To Be Abolished / The Relationship Between Work, Faith And Grace In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.