Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (52281 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit Is Not About Speaking Gibberish / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
One of the "Tenets" of the Pentecostal movement is the belief in the infilling of the "Holy Spirit" with the evidence of "Speaking in Tongues" or an "Unknown Tongue". There own interpretation of this is the Spirit of God ... "The Holy Ghost" ... is speaking through them. and if the holy spirit is speaking through them how do they know what they are praying to God? they usual pray in tongues(gibberish) in Nigeria and preach in normal English or known tongue(language)

like in the youtube video hisblud posted... They will further explain that sometimes they do not know what they are saying and the those present do not know what is being said. Many times they will rely on an interpreter to explain what has been said. The Bible speaks of no such thing! Many of these believers are deceived and are not speaking in any tongue .. let alone an unknown tongue. Those who are present may become confused for all they here are sounds of "gibbering" and "jabbering". Those who sincerely believe in "speaking in tongues" believe that this is necessary for an individual to be completely saved to the "uttermost". All this "seeking" for the "Holy Ghost" takes place after being baptized in accordance with (Acts 2:38) .. in the name of Jesus for the remission of their sins. (1 Cor 14)

I: The Bible Speaks of an Unknown Tongue. (1 Cor 14:2)

A. Even then it is unknown (the language) to the individual being spoken to.

1. The speaker at times understands what he is saying but those he is speaking to .. do not. ... His understanding in unfruitful.

2. As a result, he speaks to God and he alone is edified (through understanding) ... To those present it is meaningless ... because his language is "unknown" to them.

a. What good has he done for the those he is speaking to?

b. What good had he done for himself? (1 Cor 14:4) ... (PURPOSE OF PREACHING!)

II. We Know That By "Tongue" ... Paul Has Reference To Words That Can Be Understood. (1 Cor 14:9) (1 Cor 14:14,15)

A: "Unknown Tongue" here refers to an "Unknown Language" ... to those who are listening.

1. If Paul would be praying in an "unknown tongue" ... those listening would find his pray to be meaningless ... What good would this accomplish?

B: If I were to speak in another language ... those of you who do not know that language .. would not benefit from what I had to say. (INTERPRETERS WOULD HAVE TO BE USED.)

1. If the "song leader" were to lead in songs .. in another language .. those who do not know the language .. could not be edified. (You would not understand the words.)

C: We need to determine that in praying .. in preaching .. in singing .. in teaching .. we need to do all things in "Spirit and Understanding".

1. We are not to "edify" ourselves .. but we are to "edify" one another in "Spirit and in Truth."

III. When Paul Speaks of "Unknown Tongues" .. He is Speaking of "Unknown Languages". (Glossa .. Noun.) (1 Cor 4:16-19)

A: Some here .. possibly speak two or more languages .. We could very well converse with one another in two or more languages ... We have learned them!

1. What about the rest of the congregation .. are we edifying them? NO! .. Is it right NO!

B: I try very hard to speak with words that all may understand what is being said.

1. When words come up that are difficult to pronounce .. I make every effort to speak correctly .. many times with an explanation.

2. I want everyone to hear and by hearing .. understand. ... I want men .. women .. boys .. girls to know what the Bible says .. It could change their lives.

IV. "LISTEN TO IT!" (1 Cor 14:21,22)

A: What is the purpose of Tongues? (EXPLAIN) ... Remember this!!!!

1. (1 Cor 14:27,28) ... did you understand that? (DEAF INTERPRETATION)

B: The "Unknown Tongue" is a "language" unknown to the "unlearned listeners!"

1. If there be one who speaks in an unknown tongue .. there should be with him an interpreter ...so that all could hear and understand!

2. If no one is there who can interpret ... Paul says .. "... let him keep silence in the church..."

a. There is no profit for him to speak ... for anyone but maybe oneself .. as each one should speak alone with God.

V. Let's Go Back To Our Text. .. (Acts 2:1-4)

A. Who had the "power" to speak in "Unknown Languages?" .. (Hetero Glossos) which means ... "Strange Tongues". .... Only the 12 Apostles ...

1. The Lord promised to them and them alone .. the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit."

2. One of the "resulting" signs was that they were able to speak in "Strange Tongues" (Hetero Glossos)

a. Which is "Unknown Languages" ... they were each able to speak in a "tongue" (Glossa) they had not learned .

b. Every man could "understand" in his own language (Acts 2:6-cool.

1. This was not "gibberish" .. it was the tongue in which they were born.

2. A "tongue" that the Apostles had not been taught.

B: Cornelius and his household received the "Baptism of the Holy Spirit". ... Why?

1. To show that the Gentiles had been accepted of God too ... and they spoke in "tongues" (Glossa). (Acts 10:46)

C: Then those on whom the Apostles laid their hands on received the "Holy Spirit" ... and they too spoke with strange tongues (Hetero Glossos). (Acts 19:1-7).

D: Were there others? ... The Bible is silent .. no further record anywhere!

1. Why did these men receive limited power of the 'Holy Spirit"?

2. To have the ability to go into foreign nations .. preach the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ ... without need of an interpreter.

E. How long did it last? ... Until the New Testament could be written and given to the world.

F. Paul preached that the time would come .. tongues and miraculous gifts would cease. (1 Cor 13:9,10)

a. (Jam 1:25) .. "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

b. I submit to you that this ... Bible ... is perfect.

G. There are no "miraculous tongues" .. being spoken today. There is no need o such .. This word of God is truth .. for God is true. (John 3:33)

VI: What About Those Who Claim To Speak In "Unknown Tongues" Today?

A. In their :zeal" .. they over look several important "facts".

1. The "Baptism of the Holy Spirit" ... (Speaking in Tongues) ... has not been promised to them.

a. It was promised to the Apostles ... ONLY. (Acts 1:4,5)

2. Since only the Apostles could "lay their hands" on others so that they might receive the "Laying on Hands Measure" of the "Holy Spirit" ... since all the Apostles are dead .. no one could have that measure today.

3. "Speaking in Tongues" always had reference to "Speaking in Strange Languages". (Hetero Glossos)

4. "Speaking in Tongues" was for the benefit of unbelievers .. never was it intended for believers.

a. Today it is practiced in churches for the benefit of believers as a "prayer language "and an evidence of the "Holy Spirit".

b. Where is the authority? .... surely not in the Bible!

5. If the "claimants" do not know what they are saying .. those who hear do not know what is being said ... how could they expect God to be worshipped acceptably?

a. This was not the way of the first century worship or practice.

6. Those who claim to speak in "tongues" .. are not able to speak like the Apostles did on the day of Pentecost ... they have no "miraculous" gifts.

7. God does not speak directly to man today ... If anyone teaches this ... he is a false teacher and the truth is not in him.

a. "Satan" is a sly "Old Fox" ... "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking who he may devour." (1 Pet 5:cool

Many people have been deceived because they have not studied their Bibles. If one would only study .. diligently .. with an honest heart .. a searching mind .. they would be able to see the truth of the Gospel. Satan is alive and well and rejoicing in their unbelief. (2 Tim 2:15) Let me leave you with these words of wisdom ... "Do not depend on others to teach you what you need to learn for yourself. If you put your faith in man .. man will deceive you. Just because a preacher tells you .. that does not make it right."

(Gal 1:cool ... "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, Let him be accursed."

17 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by farells(m): 4:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
˙pǝʇou do@

¡ɥoo ǝɯ ǝɹıdsuı ʎǝp buos sıp˙doʇ p @‾ɐbo‾snsǝظ ʎɹɹǝʇ uıʎɐןd

*ǝɔıoʌ sǝʞɐɹp uı*

˙ɔ2ɟ ǝɥʇ ǝɯoɔǝq oʇ ɯoʇʇoq ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ǝɯ buıbuıɹq ɹoɟ pob ʞuɐɥʇ oʇ ʇuɐʍ ı 'ןןɐ ɟo ʇsɹıɟ

16 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ben

am still inviting you for discussion of 1 cor 14 and all you do is give your conclusion

why not lets discuss as regenrated men.... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Omexonomy: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ops. Let those pentecostal fundamentalist catch you on this tread you will regret why you open this tread

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Omexonomy: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ops. Let those pentecostal fundamentalist catch you on this tread you will regret why you open this tread e.g the poster above me
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by thorpido(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
First of all,there is nothing like pentecostal christians.It was a word coined in ignorance.
Jesus said,ye do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God'(Matt 22:29)

You need to go back and re-read 1 Corinthians 14 again.You also need a teacher who can lead you right.
'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit,especially prophecy.For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God,indeed no one understands them,they utter mysteries by the Spirit.But the one who prophecies speaks to people for their strengthening,encouraging and comfort...'(1 Cor 14-)

Indeed when a man speaks in tongues,the people do not understand him but the bible says he edifices his own spirit.Apostle Paul however said it is better to prophecy because it benefits more people.

See Apostle Paul's statement:'I speak in tongues more than all of you'(Vs 18).Why would he make such statement and even say he does it more if it was fake?

38 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
thorpido: First of all,there is nothing like pentecostal christians.It was a word coined in ignorance.
Jesus said,ye do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God'(Matt 22:29)

You need to go back and re-read 1 Corinthians 14 again.You also need a teacher who can lead you right.
'Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit,especially prophecy.For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God,indeed no one understands them,they utter mysteries by the Spirit.But the one who prophecies speaks to people for their strengthening,encouraging and comfort...'(1 Cor 14-)

Indeed when a man speaks in tongues,the people do not understand him but the bible says he edifices his own spirit.Apostle Paul however said it is better to prophecy because it benefits more people.

See Apostle Paul's statement:'I speak in tongues more than all of you'(Vs 18).Why would he make such statement and even say he does it more if it was fake?

Read my post again I address that... Anymore who speak in swahilli in redeem doesn't speak to the people(church) but to him and God. GOD understand every tongue. Read Corin till you get to verse 20 and ur eyes will be opened

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by thorpido(m): 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^^ I have read the whole chapter and i understand it very well.I want you to show me where in that whole chapter where speaking in tongues is gibberish as you say.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
thorpido: ^^^ I have read the whole chapter and i understand it very well.I want you to show me where in that whole chapter where speaking in tongues is gibberish as you say.

That is exactly what I did. Speaking in tongues mean speaking in Japanese French igbo Yoruba... If you do not understand it... It is unknown to you.

When people pray In tongues kikikikakakasantaya kimokolobangara is gibberish man... Even Jesus did not pray like this.

Paul states that if you speak unknown tongue you did not share your understanding with the church but to only you and God..

because if the people can't understand you... You are talking to your self. God understand everything so you are talking to God as well. You should learn to take bible verse in context. He says if you must speak in an unknown tongue someone should interprete it. Simple.

Notice he is not talking about prayers but ministering to people...

14 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
hisblud: @ben

am still inviting you for discussion of 1 cor 14 and all you do is give your conclusion

why not lets discuss as regenrated men.... grin grin grin grin

I have said to you... Explain the verse let me see... I have already done that.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
You call speaking in tongues "gibberish"?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
idnoble135: You call speaking in tongues "gibberish"?

But is that not it is? When someone do kapasantaya kimoshangala he is speaking gibberish... Not supported in the bible simple

8 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
benalvino:

But is that not it is? When someone do kapasantaya kimoshangala he is speaking gibberish... Not supported in the bible simple
Not supported? Or you twist the bible to suit your believe that speaking in tongues is not real.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2013
idnoble135:
Not supported? Or you twist the bible to suit your believe that speaking in tongues is not real.

point the exact place I did that bros... Am only showing the bible in full context.

Do you know any verse that Jesus speak shakanya satanshibolo. Lol

10 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^^
I argue one on one but not when am online, its just not worth it.
Besides, you can denounce it till tomorrow, that will not mean it is not existing and beneficial.
But just for a second, do you believe in Baptism of the Holy Ghost?

5 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
idnoble135: ^^^
I argue one on one but not when am online, its just not worth it.
Besides, you can denounce it till tomorrow, that will not mean it is not existing and beneficial.
But just for a second, do you believe in Baptism of the Holy Ghost?
Why will God want you to speak santayakana when he understand English and igbo... Why does God want you to speak language you dont know and can't even tell the words that comes put from your mouth.

6 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
this thread is not edifying me*unfollows thread*

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by alexleo(m): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135:

Speaking in tongues is real but not the katatatataatata mayyayayayaayaya sarararararara that you people speak in churches today. Here is the speaking in tongues that the apostles experienced when they received the Holy Ghost in acts 2:7-10 -

7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome

Notice that when they spoke in tongues they spoke in other people's languages and each of those people that came to Witness them marveled at how they, which are Galileans are speaking their various languages. Verse 9 and 10 listed the various native languages they spoke. I personally experienced this speaking tongues when I asked the Lord for the Holy Ghost in prayer. When the Holy spirit came on me I heard myself speaking another language. I was shocked and tried to revert to the language I was using to pray but I couldn't. Even uptill now, I experience this each time I go deep in prayer.
The one I see you people speak in your churches today I see it as man made and nonsensical. If you want to know what am saying, go to God in a serious prayer and earnestly ask for the Holy Spirit as experienced by the apostles. By the time you experience it you ll understand that this one you are calling speaking tongues is nonsense. You people even hold speaking in tongue classes in your churches. How can this be? Where in the bible were people taught to speak in tongues? And this is why all of you speak almost the same takakakakakakaka mayayayayayay nonsense.

29 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by benalvino(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2013
alexleo:

Speaking in tongues is real but not the katatatataatata mayyayayayaayaya sarararararara that you people speak in churches today. Here is the speaking in tongues that the apostles experienced when they received the Holy Ghost in acts 2:7-10 -

7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome

Notice that when they spoke in tongues they spoke in other people's languages and each of those people that came to Witness them marveled at how they, which are Galileans are speaking their various languages. Verse 9 and 10 listed the various native languages they spoke. I personally experienced this speaking tongues when I asked the Lord for the Holy Ghost in prayer. When the Holy spirit came on me I heard myself speaking another language. I was shocked and tried to revert to the language I was using to pray but I couldn't. Even uptill now, I experience this each time I go deep in prayer.
The one I see you people speak in your churches today I see it as man made and nonsensical. If you want to know what am saying, go to God in a serious prayer and earnestly ask for the Holy Spirit as experienced by the apostles. By the time you experience it you ll understand that this one you are calling speaking tongues is nonsense. You people even hold speaking in tongue classes in your churches. How can this be? Where in the bible were people taught to speak in tongues? And this is why all of you speak almost the same takakakakakakaka mayayayayayay nonsense.
help me tell him

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 27, 2013
farells: ˙pǝʇou do@

¡ɥoo ǝɯ ǝɹıdsuı ʎǝp buos sıp˙doʇ p @‾ɐbo‾snsǝظ ʎɹɹǝʇ uıʎɐןd

*ǝɔıoʌ sǝʞɐɹp uı*

˙ɔ2ɟ ǝɥʇ ǝɯoɔǝq oʇ ɯoʇʇoq ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ǝɯ buıbuıɹq ɹoɟ pob ʞuɐɥʇ oʇ ʇuɐʍ ı 'ןןɐ ɟo ʇsɹıɟ

Surely there should be someone to interpret shey? grin

The strange tongue farells used is interpreted thus:

@op noted.

Playin terry Jesus_oga_@ d top. dis song dey inspire me ooh!

*in drakes voice*

first of all i want to thank god for bringing me from d bottom to become the f2c (first to comment)

Daz all grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
benalvino: help me tell him
some one liked my post and thats why am here again.
You still wont get me to argue. You earlier stated that you dont believe in speaking in tongues and now some what agree with alexeo. Are you confused?
My advice to you is, get a copy of all kenneth Haggin's books on prayer and the Holy Spirit. If that does not help you, contact me again, i have myriad of books i can recommend for you that contains abundant biblical evidences.
But me? I wont argue with you. Thank you!

5 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135:
some one liked my post and thats why am here again.
You still wont get me to argue. You earlier stated that you dont believe in speaking in tongues and now some what agree with alexeo. Are you confused?
My advice to you is, get a copy of all kenneth Haggin's books on prayer and the Holy Spirit. If that does not help you, contact me again, i have myriad of books i can recommend for you that contains abundant biblical evidences.
But me? I wont argue with you. Thank you!

Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher and false prophet.

We should refer to the bible to resolve any issues we have and not MEN who in many cases teach contrary to Christ.

14 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel:

Kenneth Hagin is a false teacher and false prophet.

We should refer to the bible to resolve any issues we have and not MEN who in many cases teach contrary to Christ.
First, i read my bible, i study it.
Kenneth Haggin is a false prophet? Oh yeah?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135:
First, i read my bible, i study it.
Kenneth Haggin is a false prophet? Oh yeah?

Yes he is.

smiley
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
frosbel:

Yes he is.

smiley
lol, i think its because what you believe does not align what you believe. Am i wrong?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by DrummaBoy(m): 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
^ To being Kenneth Hagin into this discuss is to do disservice to the discussion. That man's teaching, with many like him, have been proven to be unblical.

Let us limit ourselves to scriptures.

I believe in speaking tongues. I do myself. It build up one's faith and edifies the inner man. Through it we give thanks tO God well. We also pray mysteries to God - the Spirit helping us.

1 Like

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by ayoku777(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^ To being Kenneth Hagin into this discuss is to do disservice to the discussion. That man's teaching, with many like him, have been proven to be unblical.

I believe in speaking tongues. I do myself. It build up one's faith and edifies the inner man. Through it we give thanks tO God well. We also pray mysteries to God - the Spirit helping us.

You don't like Kenneth Hagin? How so? Won't call him my mentor though but I've listened to a lot of his teachings and don't have much to disagree with.

3 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
DrummaBoy: ^ To being Kenneth Hagin into this discuss is to do disservice to the discussion. That man's teaching, with many like him, have been proven to be unblical.

Ok? You also believe in speaking in tongues. Thats good. But permit me to ask, who are the others like him?
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by DrummaBoy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote
author=ayoku777]

You don't like Kenneth Hagin? How so? Won't call him my mentor though
but I've listened to a lot of his teachings and don't have much to
disagree with.[/quote]

Its not about liking him per se. It is about his teachings. I grew up hearing Hagin here and there and my present Pastor is a Hagin fan. But the problem is with his faith teachings.

Faith is most of what Hagin taught and therein is the error. Hagin never admitted it but he has been alleged to have stolen his teachings form the works of E W Kenyon and Mary Eddy Baker, founder of Christian Science.

Many have likened Hagin faith emphasis to New Age teachings where humans can exact sheer mind will on an object of belief and see result. I have read a book that teaches this without mentioning Jesus once. Hagin seem to have only upgraded this with biblical verses, like Baker and Kenyon before him.

A simple Google and wikipedia study will show U some these things.

These men are just men but we have d bible
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by DrummaBoy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
idnoble135:
Ok? You also believe in speaking in tongues. Thats good. But permit me to ask, who are the others like him?

idnoble135:

B4 I answer that let me say this: many think Pentecostalism came from Hagin and Copeland. Far from it. The Pentecostal experience started at Azuza La in early 20th century. They were mostly men not biblical sound but had the anointing. God will use many other men until Hagin and the faith teachers came.

Hagin and others brought in a variant of pentecostalism, with emphasis on faith. Many original Pentecostal didn't buy their theology.

Idahosa brought the likes of Oral Roberts and Copeland to Nigeria in d 70s and d fire of faith teaching began.

The error of faith teaching is not just the exacting of d will; but the emphasis on man using God: thus the PROSPERITY GOSPEL.

So find prosperity teachers and faith teachers in town and your neighborhood and U will know those like Hagin I am talking about.
Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by alexleo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
ayoku777:

You don't like Kenneth Hagin? How so? Won't call him my mentor though but I've listened to a lot of his teachings and don't have much to disagree with.

Am not condemning Hagin but some years ago I picked his book and made a quick read of some pages where he talked about how he visited poor churches and got a little money from the offering raised for him as a guest speaker. In the next service he prayed for a bigger offering and had faith and the offering became bigger. The picture he painted in most of the pages I read was more about having faith to get bigger offering and stuff. How can you be invited to preach in a church and you ll be so concerned about how much offering that will be raised. That's not what I need. So I don't read his books.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) by Tgirl4real(f): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2013

Sir, there is no gift of the Spirit that is for personal edification. Gifts of the Spirit are for the edification of the church.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Reverend Father Dances With Masquerade At St Paul's Feast In Anambra (photos) / Prophet Joshua Iginla 2023 Prophecies / Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.