Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ (1773 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / Awareness For The Top Pastors And The Churches!!! / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Image123(m): 9:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
misplaced priorities.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Alex is very wrong. Some ppl experience salvation differently. Remember Peter said 'like new born babies...' U need 2 b fed d word like a new born, then u can start manifesting d character of God's spirit. C d churches Paul wrong d epistles 2? They were born again yet behave differently atimes hence d letters. Don't convey wrong info here.

1 Like

Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: Alex is very wrong. Some ppl experience salvation differently. Remember Peter said 'like new born babies...' U need 2 b fed d word like a new born, then u can start manifesting d character of God's spirit. C d churches Paul wrong d epistles 2? They were born again yet behave differently atimes hence d letters. Don't convey wrong info here.

What do you mean by- they were born again but they behaved differently? You dont seem to understhand what it means to be genuinely born again. When you are born again, Jesus dwells in you and you begin to manifest the fruits of righteousness which is the fruit of the spirit. Being born again transforms you totally and you lose interest in sinful acts even without anybody telling you. Look, your style of leading people to christ in some of today's churches does not make any heavenly impact on those people. They just go home with born again mentality ( i.e. Pastor said am born again and that i should go and live the life, so am born again). but in their innermost heart, they never felt the touch of Christ. I have seen several people testify of this when they received the genuine salvation. Genuine salvation makes you live a righteous life by the power of Jesus while the gimmicks that you people play in your church in the name of leading people to Christ makes the people to live a "righteous" life only by being teleguided by your pastors and the various church posts which you people quickly offer them. we have a lot of testimonies of people from those churches who are now in my church and have received the genuine salvation to back it up. I am not talking theory. My brother, seek the genuine salvation if you ve not got it. By the time you experience it, you ll be the one that will come here and tell us the story.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
@alexleo ur reasoning is faulty. Pls read d epistles & u will understand. U r one of d religious people who can't c beyond their noses. Hw can u start manifesting a life u just received effortlessly? U must be taught first.The peoole who claim heavenly experience & immediately their characters change r hypocrites & mostly hv hidden defects which when revealed will shock everyone. This is one of d fallouts of unrealistic expectations forced on people.
Evn Apostle Paul struggled at a stage. The early churches did too dts y Paul wrote those letters to them. Please open ur mind & learn

t
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by RedReact: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
alexleo:

What do you mean by- they were born again but they behaved differently? You dont seem to understhand what it means to be genuinely born again. When you are born again, Jesus dwells in you and you begin to manifest the fruits of righteousness which is the fruit of the spirit. Being born again transforms you totally and you lose interest in sinful acts even without anybody telling you. Look, your style of leading people to christ in some of today's churches does not make any heavenly impact on those people. They just go home with born again mentality ( i.e. Pastor said am born again and that i should go and live the life, so am born again). but in their innermost heart, they never felt the touch of Christ. I have seen several people testify of this when they received the genuine salvation. Genuine salvation makes you live a righteous life by the power of Jesus while the gimmicks that you people play in your church in the name of leading people to Christ makes the people to live a "righteous" life only by being teleguided by your pastors and the various church posts which you people quickly offer them. we have a lot of testimonies of people from those churches who are now in my church and have received the genuine salvation to back it up. I am not talking theory. My brother, seek the genuine salvation if you ve not got it. By the time you experience it, you ll be the one that will come here and tell us the story.

What is being born-again? What does the Holy Spirit do at conversion? You make it seem like it's the pastor that convicts of sin. FYI, you don't need a pastor to become born-again. Stop putting as if it were your pastor or what have you that convicted them jor.
Xtians cannot sin, cos the nature is dead at salvation, and that is why when a believer errs, he immediately becomes aware of it because his new nature abhors it. I've been drawn away into errors and I am aware of it and quickly draws back my feet. Would you tell me that I wasn't born-again?
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
RedReact:

What is being born-again? What does the Holy Spirit do at conversion? You make it seem like it's the pastor that convicts of sin. FYI, you don't need a pastor to become born-again. Stop putting as if it were your pastor or what have you that convicted them jor.
Xtians cannot sin, cos the nature is dead at salvation, and that is why when a believer errs, he immediately becomes aware of it because his new nature abhors it. I've been drawn away into errors and I am aware of it and quickly draws back my feet. Would you tell me that I wasn't born-again?

In those churches it is pastor that tells them. You people worship your pastors more than God thats why you follow them sheepishly. You dont need to repeat prayer after the pastor to be born again, thats what am saying. You go straight and talk to God one-on-one in prayer and when you are saved you ll know.
I dont even understand what you are saying here. Are you sure you read my comments well or you are just talking for talking sake?
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by alexleo(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @alexleo ur reasoning is faulty. Pls read d epistles & u will understand. U r one of d religious people who can't c beyond their noses. Hw can u start manifesting a life u just received effortlessly? U must be taught first.The peoole who claim heavenly experience & immediately their characters change r hypocrites & mostly hv hidden defects which when revealed will shock everyone. This is one of d fallouts of unrealistic expectations forced on people.
Evn Apostle Paul struggled at a stage. The early churches did too dts y Paul wrote those letters to them. Please open ur mind & learn

t

I can see you are too far away from the reality of a genuine salvation. This type of teaching you are promoting here is what has brought born again into ridicule among non christians. When you experience the real salvation you will understand what i mean. For now we are two parallel lines that cannot meet with this your idea.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by RedReact: 5:01am On Feb 17, 2013
RedReact:

What is being born-again? What does the Holy Spirit do at conversion?
Alexleo,
I directed the above question at you but you've not answered. Count me out of unnecessary arguments cos I am not into such.
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 17, 2013
@Alexleo
We can meet in ideology if only u understand dt d genuine salvation u r talking about is far fetched.
U seem 2 be blind to d fact dt humans r creatures of habit. When u get born again, u r awakened to d fatherhood of God.
Your flesh doesn't experience conversion only ur spirit does. If u read through Romans u will c Apostle Paul outline d different issues and strife btwn d spirit & d flesh. So much so that we urges u to present ur body as a living sacrifice. Romans 12
In ICor u'd read him admonishing born again brethren who were really misbehaving worse than some sinners. D corinthian church took their freedom in christ to weird levels. So Paul wrote 2 them to correct them.
In Galatians, he admonished d church for abandoning wht they had bn taught b4. At a point he evn called them fools!
In Ephesians, he prayed for their eyes of understanding to be enlightened through revelation. He even went on to teach on relationships, marriage & spiritual warfare. If they were perfect when they were born again would these have bn necessary? Ehn, alexleo.
In phillians he told them to beware of dogs in church! Nt outside o but in church.

I could go on & on but let me stop here for now. Anybody who claims he got born again on his own & lived d life effortlessly without teaching & guidance is a big liar. Alex u need to get ur nose out of where d sun don't shine & learn
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Image123(m): 2:15am On Feb 18, 2013
@alexleo and co,
Repeating prayers after someone is not the issue. There is nothing wrong with that, John taught his disciples how to pray, Jesus also taught His disciples how to pray. how much more teaching a sinner how to pray. As simple as praying might seem, there is nothing wrong with teaching others. Salvation doesn't hang on whether someone repeated a prayer or not. Salvation is hinged on repentance and faith in Christ. And there is nothing wrong with follow up, or discipling a convert. The 'Great Commission' says to disciple all nations.Matthew 28v19,20. There may be a few who we may not be chanced to follow up on, and disciple, but the more common thing is to disciple, or follow up on a new convert. A convert is like a new born child.
The church that will make an impact is the church that preaches the gospel. It's that simple(hard). Any and every other thing we concentrate on is O.Y.O. God has not sent anybody on wild goose chases of 'purging' the church of false prophets, like the fake things we see here on NL. There is no ministry of tithes(for or against). It's utter folly obtaining a doctorate in tithes just to speak against it, or even for it. The Master sent nobody such nonsense. Some concentrate on 'éxposing' fraudsters, and doctrines they do not agree with. These are not the things that would produce any real impart or impact. Impact is to preach the gospel, that Jesus came to save sinners. Preach it faithfully, preach it until you drop dead, that is impact.

1 Like

Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by PastorKun(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Image123: @alexleo and co,
Repeating prayers after someone is not the issue. There is nothing wrong with that, John taught his disciples how to pray, Jesus also taught His disciples how to pray. how much more teaching a sinner how to pray. As simple as praying might seem, there is nothing wrong with teaching others. Salvation doesn't hang on whether someone repeated a prayer or not. Salvation is hinged on repentance and faith in Christ. And there is nothing wrong with follow up, or discipling a convert. The 'Great Commission' says to disciple all nations.Matthew 28v19,20. There may be a few who we may not be chanced to follow up on, and disciple, but the more common thing is to disciple, or follow up on a new convert. A convert is like a new born child.
The church that will make an impact is the church that preaches the gospel. It's that simple(hard). Any and every other thing we concentrate on is O.Y.O. God has not sent anybody on wild goose chases of 'purging' the church of false prophets, like the fake things we see here on NL. There is no ministry of tithes(for or against). It's utter folly obtaining a doctorate in tithes just to speak against it, or even for it. The Master sent nobody such nonsense. Some concentrate on 'éxposing' fraudsters, and doctrines they do not agree with. These are not the things that would produce any real impart or impact. Impact is to preach the gospel, that Jesus came to save sinners. Preach it faithfully, preach it until you drop dead, that is impact.

In short we should allow those who are polluting the gospel and using it to defraud others to continue their racket even though it is obvious they are leading our brethen to hell. What kind of christian are you
Re: The Churches Without An Impact And The Church That Will Birth Christ by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 18, 2013
I think Image123 is making a lot of sense. I concur

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Humility : Pastor Chris / How To Live Above Sin / What Examples Are Nigeria's Leading Pastor's Giving?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.