Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,636 members, 7,844,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455849 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2011
@jman77,
as 4 transcript. Go to d schl u sat 4 ur WAEC exams. The schl will always give u results aside of ur certificate,which you will keep. The result give to you by your schl is the transcript in this case. Pls. do not send ur orginial certificate. U may also buy waec scratch card and include it with ur application so that ur result will be accessible to d schl online. I hope it works. Sending ur Diploma in data processing along with ur result,it think may also be a + to ur application consdering the percentage of applicants and consideration.
As per application fee issue,if u have someone outta 9ja,u may beg 'em to pay 4 u and u pay in naira equivalent to their family here. If none,go open a domiciliary acct. Them transfer d application fee 2 d account of the schl. it will get there within 2 or 3days. GTB can help with dom. account. I wish u good luck.
ciao

@wealth21,
CONGRATS! I wish u good future.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 1:08pm On Nov 28, 2011
Wealth21:

@All, i just got my TRV today. I praise God!!!! the wait was worth it.

Wow! Yes the wait really worths it CONGRATULATIONS, There is Hope for us 3 TRV in the last 1 week Thank U Jesus, I am So Happy for u, Carry ur Winter Jacket O , LOL when is ur start date, >?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 1:14pm On Nov 28, 2011
@jman 77
submitting transcript is not applicable to waec.it refers to yr undergraduate papers,i.e if u hv a degree and want to use it to apply.
Just scan the photocopy of yr waec to them,or follow their application procedure for int'l student (do not submit yr original ).About the credit card,u can open one(in us dollars:visa card preferably),apart frm the application fee,it will be beneficial when u would be paying yr tuition fees.
U can always ask,if u need further assistance,
@wealth21
congrats.it is not easy waiting all these months.pls list the docs u submited for future applicants.the trend of success will continue.
Re: Travelling To Canada by camy11: 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
Hi house,
am new to this forum, i applied for a masters prog around May 2011 bt was reected in sept 2011 due to insufficient funds and not being able to convince the embassy i will return to Nigeria after my studies, pls, my ques are
1. how much does one need to apply for a 2yr prog cos am self sponsor?
2. how do i convince them i will return after my studies in canada?

kindly advice please, any imput will be highly appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada by lee007(m): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2011
Congrats Wealth21
Re: Travelling To Canada by jman77(m): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
@newmecca,@bullstriker,my cert is WAEC/GCE 2000 but if i want to attach the diploma? I know would be given,i mean transcript but would i be the one to forward or the school?.besides i have this payooner credit dollar card with no money in it.is anyone to assist in the funding?.i'm even having problem filling the online form probably because of netwrok traffics.thank you all for earlier helps,GOD bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Aiwehia: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2011
@Wealth21: Congrats o! I key into your the grace God gave to you
@Cycline404 & Usask4life: i do pry we all meet at the university of Saskatoon in Jan 12.
@All: i need prayers o! i'm receiving contradictory advise, i'm getting confused o!
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2011
@ cammy11 it will do you good if you start reading from 50 of this tread, 'cos u will learn from peoples experience. nonetheless, as regards ties to ur home country, pple used docs of parent's landed properties, employment letter of jobs after their program, id cards of family members etc and it worked for them. for funds, thereis no specific amount, but whosoever is sponsoring you must have a good n steady source of income, his acc balance must be heavy compared to your fees. so it all depends on ur fess.

@ jamm77, r u going for undergrad or pg? if pg then ur transcript is ur uni scores for d courses u took. n ur uni will give it to u in a sealed envelope with their stamp n covering on it. u will have to do d sending urself mayb with other docs they require. thats wat dey mean by schl sending it directtly. take things easy its not dat difficult.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2011
@ wealth21, man congratulations, this is good news. Just imagining how u ll b feeling right now. start checking for flight n let us know d amount, so we can start preparing too. congrats bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada by camy11: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
@snuteria, thank you n God crown ur efforts wt success IJN
Re: Travelling To Canada by allexy2: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2011
@ wealth, congrat man

it like God don dey answer prayers, i pray God answers the rest of us for jan start date
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2011
@epicwin and @wealth1 I say congratulobia grin grin grin sorry for belated wishes
Good news will not seize in this house,
cheers Matey's
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
@All thanks for the wishes, but funny enough the real work just begun.

@Cycline404 my start date is January 4th, 2011

I will list all the documents i used shortly, pls bare with me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by jman77(m): 7:39am On Nov 29, 2011
@snuteria,you're a very good psychologist as you just somehow know how i'm feelling.these things seems too difficult,guy! Na unergrad o,thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gnexplore: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2011
What will you do, if you are in shoe?

Am 38 years old married man and had concluded a graduate program in the Scandinavia country, three years back. However, it has been difficult to secure professional job. At same time, I thank God that I have unprofessional job that has placed me on the part for permanent residence in two years time.

Also, three years back I did apply for “Skilled workers and professionals” of Canada which is still in primary process stage. Consequently on this delay I applied for graduate admission into University of Ottawa for Jan. 2012 beginning. Thank God also, I did secure the admission and the student visa, although I will need job on/off campus to foot my tuition and other bills.

My questions are:

1. Should I wait and get my permanent residence in two years, than going off to Canada this January 2012

2. How easy is it to secure job on / off campus in Ottawa?

3. What is the impact of earlier “Skilled workers and professionals” if i move to Canada as a study?

4. What is impact of age?

5. Is there other alternatives or advice?

Your advices and contributions are appreciate and thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2011
@monie @epicwin @wealth20 congrat to you all, best of luck. pls can u list your documents so that future applicants like me can be guided.

@monie, i will be coming to SAIT too for the BAPT program, i had a tough time proving to them that our 2.2 is equivalent to their GPA 2.5 so i got the admission for the winter 2012 late.i deffered to fall 2012, i am currently trying to prepare my docs, your help will be needed

@bullstrikera, thanks for your previous advices o, i got the admsn late, can't apply 4 d visa, gotta wit till nxt yr, pray it all goes well.

@newecca, i have been following your talks, u don try wellaaa God will definately answer u o, Amen

@all, i don't think my dad's (sponsor)landed properties has C of O's o, pls can i still submit the documents like that?
secondly, can i submit my mum (not my sponsor o)landed properties (she has 2 houses) too as country ties even though she doesn't have C of 0 too?
thirdly,i don't have a job yet since i just fnshed my NYSC, i hope it won't affect me when i want to apply,
thanks and wiating for all your replies
Re: Travelling To Canada by readymade: 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Gnexplore,
If I were you, I will WAIT in SWEDEN, until I secure the permanent residence before I move to Canada. These are my reasons:

You have a secured job right now; you are generating money, and in 2 yrs time youl have the residence permit.
Coming to Canada as a student with limited funds can be very tough, for the first 6months as a student, Canada does not allow you to work off campus. However securing a job in campus is very limited and hours they give you if you are lucky to find is very small and will do little to contribute to your tuition fund.
Before you secure your permanency residence in Canada is also a long process, it can pretty much take 2 yrs or more depending on which category you are filing for, if it is the Canada Experience category- it require you to have completed atleast 2 yrs of college or uni study and 1 yr job experience , or 1 yr of college and 2 yrs of job experience, so atleast 3 yrs before you apply , the application process is taking atleast 14 months so far.
if its FSW -FEDERAL SKILL Worker category, it requires 1 yr continious job which must be on the list of skilled workers Canada is presently looking for- the process of this application takes between 18-24 months.

You are already getting to the end of your struggles in Sweden, please wait to complete and achieve your residency, it is still a western world,
when you get it, you can decided to come to Canada then, and atleast you arent under any pressure perse,

My twopence,
goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
@goggeda
-u can send the landed property docs they issued him with.
-since u would one day inherit yr mother's property,u can submit hers also,not as a source of income but of family ties.
-I am afraid u hv to tell them what u hv been doing since u graduated.This might be where the decision to give study permit or not lies.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
@all,
I contacted CDHC via e-mail and I got a response today after a lot of struggle ,that they are still waiting to receive the result of my 2nd medical test. Meanwhile,I've already forwarded the soft copy of my new start date to 'em. Gotta submit the print out to 'em within the week(God willing). New start date is 23rd Jan.2012
I believe God wants the best for me and he has ways and reasons of doing things. He'll pave a way cos he's Al'Fattah(The Opener)

@gogedda,

Thx. Brov. With God,all things are possible. cool
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2011
@newacca, man but you did your medicals 26th of last month which is over a month now, is it the DMP fault for the delay or what, all the same it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2011
@snuteria,
Thx. DMP told me the report was sent to Paris on 3rd Nov. and she gave me tracking # which confirmed to me that the report was delivered to CHC,Paris on 7th Nov. Even if we calculate d in between eid vacation,it's still over a month. But what do I have to do than to keep faith in God for the best? God is all knowing.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Newacca
patience is the one prominent virtue i know u have.so, i know it cannot abandon u now.But,there is one thing the house is sure of''u are getting yr TRV''.
@snuteria
i know u are preparing,because yrs is also on the way.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ newacca, well let patience have her perfect work, for surely hope maketh not ashame. The good part you too will write your testimony on this tread.

@bulstriker, man I'm praying for mine to come this week o, this wait is not easy, 'cos where I am now, I am doing nothing but virtually waiting for the trv.

It shall be well.
Re: Travelling To Canada by richeyy(m): 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
I'm a new here and this forum is awesome! I'm a 2012 hopeful. Done submitted my pre-lim appl @ UofA and UBC, waiting for them to reply before I begin the formal appl.Thanks y'all for sharing ur experiences, it's been helpful & Congrats to those who've gotten their TRV: @monie, epicwin, wealth20, , @Others: God dey our side, We go get am & E go better! Best Wishes Y'all. @ease
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2011
bullstriker:

@goggeda
-u can send the landed property docs they issued him with.
-since u would one day inherit yr mother's property,u can submit hers also,not as a source of income but of family ties.
-I am afraid u hv to tell them what u hv been doing since u graduated.This might be where the decision to give study permit or not lies.

@bullstriker,
  thanks for that, can i submit a document from a bore hole drilling company indicating that i am currently under going a bore hole drilling training, something like an apprenticship training which will last for like 8 months since i don't have a job yet, just to indicate that i am currently involved in something.

secondly, alternatively,can i submit employment letter from a secondary school indicating that am a teacher been paid stipend and their is very small money in my acc, all na format o, it is my mum's friend school sha

lastly, can i just submit a document from my dad indicating that i am currently managing my dad's guest house but their is no evidence of been paid salary o,
@all i need your suggestions on this o, i need to prove to them that i am involved in something but i would prefer the borehole training stuff since it does not involve been paid.let me know if it is possible
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ gnexplore, pls I advise you go with readymade's advice, 'cos u can always come to canada from sweden unlike what we pass through here, so just defer your program and get ur PR in sweden.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
@bullstriker,
Yes now. Patience is it. God dey. I believe. Thx Bro.

@snuteria,

Sure,God is our strength.
Re: Travelling To Canada by kanayogod(m): 6:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
@gogedda
please how did you prove tht our 2:2 is equivalent to their 2.5 grade? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2011
kanayogod:

@gogedda
please how did you prove tht our 2:2 is equivalent to their 2.5 grade? Thanks
i told them they can't compare their GPA of 2.5 which is Also 70% to ours because 70% of our GPA system is approximately first class, therefore it is not possible to say their minimum requirement is first clAss.
I Also told them that we use a british educational grade system where "class of degree e.g ist class, 2.1, 2.2 e.t.c is usuAlly compAred with a range of canadian GPA, where our first class is equivalent to their GPA of about 3.5, our 2.2 is equ to their GPA of 3.0 and our 2.2 is equ to their GPA of 2.5.
My program academic chair finally told me he discovered that they can directly compare our percentage marking. In my case I made gpa of 3.09 and he calculated it to be 57% whch is not same as their 70%,
It was a eAsy task, they finally reconsidered my application rejection and finally gave me the admission, u just gotta let them know o
Re: Travelling To Canada by overloved(m): 9:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
@readymade

sorry for contradicting what you said earlier but as far as i have known (maybe to my limited knowledge) i cant find a place on CIC website where it states that if someone study a 1 yr course, and a two years work experience, someone can immigrate permanently under the canadian experinced class. I only know of studying two yrs and with one yr experience.

Pls can you support it with a link to justify his claim?

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada by kanayogod(m): 11:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
@gogedda
Many thanks for the reply, it wil go a long way to dispel the notion that holders of 2:2 can't get admission into Canadian schools, I have a CGPA of 2.7, what's my equivalent? Can i make MUN and how can i get the school to waive GRE for me? Your response wil help greatly.
Thanks again
Re: Travelling To Canada by mowney(f): 1:44am On Nov 30, 2011
Pls can someone help gimmie a list of d few affordable but good schools in canada 4 an average nigerian like me grin . I want to go for my msc in september 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.