Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended (1005 Views)

Please Help: My Blog Has Been Hacked / Finally! My Blog Has Been Indexed On Google 7 Days After Launching It! / HELP! My Blog Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by mitchyy(f): 6:38am On Feb 08, 2013
Hello guys! I'm extremely pissed with my host, hostmychild. They suspended my account since wednesday. When my administrator asked them, they said my traffic was causing highloads to their server. They didn't even give any warning before suspending my site. I'm very very angry and wish I could sue them for this rubbish. Sent them mails and they've stopped responding. I wish its possible to switch to another host asap. I'm jst confused! My site is www.gistville.com

What else can I do pls?
Re: Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by DualCore1: 6:45am On Feb 08, 2013
Your blog may be running some outdated or resource intensive extentions or plugins. Talk to them kindly and apologise for your site's taking up server resources (it may look insane to you but words are powerful), then ask them to kindly unsuspend your blog for you so you could remove/disable all extensions so they can watch its resource usage. If you've got a phone number I could do the calling and pleading on your behalf.

Note, the plea isn't because they are right and you are wrong. Its just a damage control measure you have to take in other for your site to come back alive. Once it's back alive, you should be thinking of transferring to another host.
Re: Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by mitchyy(f): 6:58am On Feb 08, 2013
According to them, I installed a traffic generating plugin. Were they not supposed to send a mail to warn me about it if I actually did do that. What annoys me is the fact that they are not responding, no contact phone number to reach them. Same thing they did when their server was compromised and all blogs under them was hacked. They just abandoned us to our fate. No solution, no response.
Re: Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by DualCore1: 7:05am On Feb 08, 2013
Well this is looking more like another case of multiple site compromise.

http://hostmychild.com/ is presently showing a hacked page.
Re: Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by LeBlack: 7:14am On Feb 08, 2013
Dual Core: Your blog may be running some outdated or resource intensive extentions or plugins. Talk to them kindly and apologise for your site's taking up server resources (it may look insane to you but words are powerful), then ask them to kindly unsuspend your blog for you so you could remove/disable all extensions so they can watch its resource usage. If you've got a phone number I could do the calling and pleading on your behalf.

Note, the plea isn't because they are right and you are wrong. Its just a damage control measure you have to take in other for your site to come back alive. Once it's back alive, you should be thinking of transferring to another host.

Oga Dual Core has said it all! Also, do you backup your files on their server? If yes, try to stop that and do it manually to your Local machine. My WordPress blog uses a plugin- BackUpWordPress plugin which backups my site's contents weekly on my host's server. This was eating up their resources (45GB to be precise) and I was given 72hours notice to fix it which I did.

So, call them and find a solution as Dual Core suggested.
Re: Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by mitchyy(f): 7:42am On Feb 08, 2013
I guess I just need to switch to a new host asap. Any suggestions pls? Where's Slyrox? sad
Re: Help Pls! My Blog Has Been Unduly Suspended by mitchyy(f): 7:46am On Feb 08, 2013
Dual Core: Well this is looking more like another case of multiple site compromise.

http://hostmychild.com/ is presently showing a hacked page.
*sighs*

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Integrate Routesms API Into My Bulksms Website / I Can Create An Android App For Any Website Within 24 Hours. / Need Articles For Your Blog? Just Show Interest!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.