Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

The Devil She Knows - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil She Knows (1192 Views)

Please On Which Page Can I Find The Devil Who Loves Me By Davidflo / Dinner With The Devil By Repogirl / Who Murdered The Devil? - A Crime Thriller. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devil She Knows by fankasibe: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2013
This is a Fictional story written by fankasibe

This wasn't the normal chilly or dusty harmattan night of December that we all knew, because this particular night reeked of evil and had this sharp pungent taste of hatred to it. Its stench was so vile that if you concentrated hard enough, you just might actually taste it, and the source of this vile ambiance was the man lurking around the corner. He seems invincible to the eyes because he has embraced the shadows and he is one with it now, but if you looked hard enough you just might see his eyes glinting like those of a feral beast. He has been around the cemetery grounds for the last two hours waiting for her, he is almost certain that she wouldn’t disappoint because she is a creature of habit and that compulsion to follow a set of laid down routine wouldn’t allow her do otherwise. She always takes this route back from work, always this route and has never diverted. Approaching footsteps Interrupted his thoughts, so he looks up to see the outline of someone approaching, and when the person walked passed the only lit street light around, he sees that it's her, so he slunk deeper into the shadows to watch her sashay towards her Waterloo, and as he watched her slow approach he couldn’t help but notice her delicate curves and got a pretty good sized boner for all his troubles.

8:37pm

Probably if Tosin hadn’t been too preoccupied with her thoughts she would have noticed the eerie silence that enveloped her environment, even the dead knew something was amiss and kept still, the usual chirping of crickets around the grounds were absent and even the glow worms seem to have dimmed their glows in trepidation, yet Tosin was oblivious to all these as she thought about how she was going to break the news to her parents. Still ruminating over last weeks event, she suddenly bent over as she felt a sharp pain around her pelvic region. It was her time of the month and the cramps were a normal but uncomfortable occurrence, so she made a mental note to take a tablet of Cataflam when she gets home, then she continued walking, only this time much slower till she walked right past where he was hiding. She never saw him coming and was invariable helpless as his hand quickly shot out and grabbed her head, then a piece of clothe was quickly wrapped over her mouth and nose. Her last thoughts as she slowly lost consciousness were that she should have heeded her parent’s advice and taken the safer but longer route.

9:45pm

Slowly she returned to consciousness a little disoriented and wondered where she was, then the memories came flooding back to her like a tidal wave, and she let out a shriek then frantically tried to look everywhere at the same time, on the off chance that her abductor was still around, when she was certain she was all alone, she began to weep bitterly. Her underwear was halfway pulled down her leg, her trouser had been removed and thrown aside and there was a lot of blood on her legs. She was a victim of a rape or so she thought, but on closer inspection she found an unopened condom, then it hit her! All that blood was as a result of her period not some damage done by the monster, no African or a Nigerian would rape a woman on her period or so she thought! But she being human, humans being who they are and she fearing the stigma behind rape, convinced herself she wasn’t raped, managed to get dressed despite the pains she felt and hurried home to tell her parents what happened.

11:50pm
Now lying in bed and feeling sleepy, she began to wonder if her decision not to visit the hospital wasn’t a mistake, though she felt violated but she didn’t think she had been raped and moreover pastor Akinpelu an anointed man of God was here a while ago to pray for her, after the prayers he told them that God revealed to him that she wasn’t raped, that he had saved her for a purpose in life, so he advised her parents to offer a thanksgiving service in church on Sunday. After the pastor left she made two phone calls, one to Yinka the man she had dated for five years, then finally her boss. Yinka naturally was worried and wanted to come immediately but she told him not to bother, he asked her how she was feeling and she told him she was fine but a little shaken and that her flow was a little heavier than usual. He then assured her that it was natural, because psychological factors affect the menstrual cycle and her traumatic experience could be classified under it. He prescribed some pain killers and sleeping pills for her, wished her goodnight and promised to check on her the following day after his shift. Her boss on the other hand sympathized with her and told her to take the week off.

8:30am
As mama Tosin prepared breakfast the following morning, she kept on singing, dancing and praising God for saving her only child, in between she wondered how she would have handled it if Tosin had died or if she would have survived the hurt. By the time mama Tosin was through with preparing breakfast and Tosin hadn't woken up, she decided to go to Tosin's room to wake her up, at the door she knocked and when she didn't get a response, she opened it and walked in. Tosin lay on her bed sleeping peacefully or so she thought, but on closer inspection she noticed that there was blood on her night gown and all over the bed, and that was when mama Tosin screamed and screamed and screamed till all the neighbors rushed in to the house.

Two weeks later
Cries, screams and wails rented the air during Tosin's burial, tears flowed in abundance like people were getting paid for it, some of the tears real others not. There was so much intense emotions displayed here that for once I envied her and wished I was the one lying in the casket. Tosin had bled to death because her menses wouldn’t stop flowing, I have heard and seen a lot of strange and freaky things in my life but this beats all, who dies because of that? The stories now making its round was that she was a victim of Ritual killing that has been so rampart in Nigeria especially as the Christmas celebration drew near or so they thought. Killing is an art and most artists like to admire their work, like I am doing here today, I am standing amongst them all shedding tears too, and what's surprising is that I mean those tears. Enough of that and back to relevant things like why and how I murdered her. Firstly the why! She betrayed me and paid the price, why did she think she could just leave me to marry that Alhaji after all the time and sweat I put into what we had? She even had the temerity to tell me I gave her nothing to hold on to, what the Bleep did she need to hold on to that I hadn’t already given? I was still fuming about her betrayal when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to the teary eyed face of Tosin's mum, then she fell into my arms crying and calling my name Yinka! Yinka! Yinka, they have killed me oh! I lived for her and now she is gone, how can I continue to live like this ehn? Was what she asked me as she kept on beating, scratching and biting me till people separated us, and my heart went out to her briefly, mind you, just briefly oh! Because I have to finish my story.

When she told me she was leaving me after five years, I took it in style like the man I was supposed to, but this was a relationship I invested five years of my life into and now she tells me she was leaving me to get married to her boss, please give me a reason why I shouldn't have killed her? Before you answer note that I practically slaved myself for her to support her in school. Let’s forget about my ranting or musing and get to the interesting question, how did I do it? That’s the million dollars question Sherlock Holmes, Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple would love to answer. The things about Nigerians are these: they can be so quick to connect the unknown to the diabolic and supernatural, even if the condition had a perfectly logical explanation and even the very literate would rather turn to their church rather than visit their hospital if faced with an issue. I simply played on their weakness, first the grave yard and the attempted rape to divert them, and then everything fell into place like domino. I knew her route to work and that the cemetery was the perfect spot, I knew her time of the month because I had dated her for five years and most importantly I am a Doctor. So I waylaid her on her way home, knocked her off with chloroform, wore my surgical gloves and administered to her a heavy dose of Warfarin, an anti-coagulant that prevents blood clots from forming, then pulled of her trousers and panties to begin the real messy and tricky business. For my plan to work she needed to bleed but her menstrual cycle wasn’t enough and an injury in the open would quickly be noticed, so I made an incision with my scalpel in the inner walls of her vulva so that her menstruation would mask the flow of blood from the incision, then the master stroke was when I prescribed a heavy dose of sleeping pills for her when she called me later, so the loss of blood plus the effect of the sleeping pills sealed her faith. I was grinning and glowing because if my ingenuity and wondered whether I should do something like this again, when I remembered where I was and that I had to keep up the facade of a bereaved lover, so I continued crying, in fact I wailed.
Re: The Devil She Knows by fankasibe: 10:35am On Feb 08, 2013
thanks for reading.....hope you've learnt some lessons?
Re: The Devil She Knows by mysticgal(f): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2013
fankansibe do you have more?
Re: The Devil She Knows by Splendblex(f): 3:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
Interesting...!MORE...PLS!
Re: The Devil She Knows by fankasibe: 5:41pm On Feb 08, 2013
Thanks ladies, i've written hundrends of such stories saved in my laptop,.....i intend being a writter (prose, drama, poem).
I promise to give u guyz more of it.
Re: The Devil She Knows by Splendblex(f): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
fankasibe: Thanks ladies, i've written hundrends of such stories saved in my laptop,.....i intend being a writter (prose, drama, poem).
I promise to give u guyz more of it.
We're waiting ocheesy
Re: The Devil She Knows by Rchemical(m): 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2013
O.M.G!,isnt this a masterpiece?!
Re: The Devil She Knows by valboy20(m): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2013
Dude..ya great

try n write mur lenghty stories...n kip updatin, wid dat, u gon' av mur views n followers

(1) (Reply)

Do You Trust Me Honey? / Season 2 Of War Of Words (slam Poetry Competition) Starts In September 2013 / ~Mind Thoughts~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.