Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! (3417 Views)

Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here / Bloggers On Wordpress, Drop Ur Blog Related Problems Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by chiefkpokp(m): 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2013
internetpo: I am having problems with my blog. www.francisokaformbah.com.

I transferred it from another host to another and it's not working properly. All the files and plufgins are intact when i go through my cpanel but they are not shoing from the wordpress dashboard.

and its supposed to be a 3 column theme but the themes are not working. I reverted back to a defultault theme pls help.

@op, did you make any changes for those theme code, in the theme options, if yes, then you have to uninstall, delete the theme, and then re upload the theme again, then this problem will be solved because i have experienced the same thing on my site, www.rulesofwealth.osamediasolutions.com and this was what i have to do, because i changed my host, i didnt changed any directory of my new host, all i did was to backup my files, and when i upload, all the db's was authomatic replaced and all files placed authomatically so i susgest you try and see.
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by chiefkpokp(m): 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2013
Onlinemedia: Please can someone help me on what to do on my site {www.speedyonlinemedia.com} I initially lost all my content from my Media site sometimes ago. My host said they don,t have back up of my contents. I was so depressed to the extends i had to leave the site unattended to for more than 4 months. Recently i was try to change the theme and bring it back to live but unfortunately I got some error message from my site and i tried to change the theme but it was not possible .All Guru here please what can i do ? is there anybody who will voluntarily help me out.I mail my hosting company but they are yet to reply. Thanks. This is the url to the site www.speedyonlinemedia.com
bros going your link, your theme has a problem, and first its has nothing to do with the hosting company, some of them just make mouth that they would back your content for you but na lie, you need to back if up your self,otherwise, sorry for yourself, and you also forgot to do something, always back your wordpress in your control panel first before anything, if you have done this before now, all you need to do is just to restore back to that good time kpam!! now what you have to do is to uninstall wordpress kpatakpata then, install again!!, upload your theme, plugins and start, ur directory has been jammed!, just uninstall wordpress and install again, or if you have important content which u dnt want to loss, then try this, go to your control panel, file management, and delete the theme from there, then come back to wp admin panel, and activated that default theme, before u re upload any theme again. good luck, let me no if u need more tutor....
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
A
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by fortplusng: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
Have our WordPress Experts setup your blog or website...FREE!

http://www.fortplusng.com/setup

NO CONTRACT | NO PAYMENTS | NO PROBLEM | ABSOLUTELY FREE

http://www.fortplusng.com/getstarted
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 3:31am On Apr 12, 2013
Hello peeps,
Please I have a little ish with this link not displaying the way it should, here is my own link

My Link

and the right one

Desired Result

Please how do I solve this problem?
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by mededot(m): 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hello Guys... This is for WordPress Lovers in Lagos, Nigeria. On May 27th, 2013, WordPress will be 10. and in the spirit of the goodness of all things Open Source, you are invited to the WordPress Meet Up (The first of its kind in Nigeria) Inspired by the good folks at WordPress, to celebrate 10 years of a truly awesome CMS. The details are here http://www.meetup.com/WordPress/Lagos-NG/922112/t/bn6_l1/

Feel free to invite other WordPress Lovers you may know!
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by Trut(m): 10:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
There is global attack on Wordpress sites

Read here: https://www.nairaland.com/1255788/global-attack-wordpress-sites
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Please can anyone help fix the above problem? It would be highly appreciated.
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 13, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: Please can anyone help fix the above problem? It would be highly appreciated.
I'm sure the Wordpress Organisation will be in on it and a solution will come up soon.
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by mededot(m): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
Err, the wordpress community can only do so much! You have to strenghten your sites yourself! There are over 60 million wp sites on the web so you can imagine if they were to help anyone!
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 12:00am On Apr 14, 2013
mededot: Err, the wordpress community can only do so much! You have to strenghten your sites yourself! There are over 60 million wp sites on the web so you can imagine if they were to help anyone!

I dont understand what you mean.
Please can anyone proffer a solution to what d ish I raised?
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by mededot(m): 12:39am On Apr 14, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

I dont understand what you mean.
Please can anyone proffer a solution to what d ish I raised?

Ok, lemme simplify! What I mean is if you have a website built with WP, you should strengthen It yourself! The WP community cannot help you do it! If however you don't know how to go about it then, I could help you out!
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 1:05am On Apr 14, 2013
mededot:

Ok, lemme simplify! What I mean is if you have a website built with WP, you should strengthen It yourself! The WP community cannot help you do it! If however you don't know how to go about it then, I could help you out!

Ok, here is the little challenge I am facing, please help out:

I have a little ish with this link not displaying the way it should, here is my own link

My Link

and the right one

Desired Result

Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by kombo(m): 2:19am On Apr 14, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

I have a little ish with this link not displaying the way it should, here is my own link

My Link

and the right one

Desired Result

If you want exactly same as u clearly stated, hire a professional Web and Graphics Designer. That solves it
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by chiefkpokp(m): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: Hello peeps,
Please I have a little ish with this link not displaying the way it should, here is my own link

My Link

and the right one

Desired Result

I dont really get you clearly, can you be more specific, which link is not coming up well?
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by chiefkpokp(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2013
kombo:

If you want exactly same as u clearly stated, hire a professional Web and Graphics Designer. That solves it

My friend, if you know the solutions to the problem why dont you solve it, why wining ur mouth here saying hire a professional, Rubbish!!!!!! una join people wen non want make naija move forward so.
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by chiefkpokp(m): 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS: Hello peeps,

My Link

and the right one

Desired Result

Okay bros sorry i have to go through your link one more time, i think you were talking about permalink, if it so, you have to go to your wp admin home, and then go to setting, from setting go to permalinks, then you can choose how you want your links to present a page or post, then click on... Month and name because this elegant themes are using Month and name permalink, so you can also select it..... I hope this works.. Good luck
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by kombo(m): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2013
chiefkpokp:

My friend, if you know the solutions to the problem why dont you solve it, why wining ur mouth here saying hire a professional, Rubbish!!!!!! una join people wen non want make naija move forward so.

We have noticed you, welcome to the thread... buhahahaha
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by kombo(m): 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
AFOLSNETWORKS:

My Link

and the right one

Desired Result

Check Image below

DashBoard -> Settings -> PermaLink

Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 2:36am On Apr 15, 2013
chiefkpokp:

I dont really get you clearly, can you be more specific, which link is not coming up well?

The top link. I want it to come up like d one below.
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by mededot(m): 3:05am On Apr 15, 2013
Hello Alfos, I don't think the issue is with permalinks! My best guess is that you haven't tweaked all the available options of the theme you are using. If you have tweaked all the options and still don't get your desired layout, then its either your theme is incomplete (probably lacking some shortcode funtionality) or that it needs some other specific plugin to work!

One of such plugins I have found to work is called options framework!

It may or may not work, it still depends on your theme.

You should read up on the theme features on the themeowners website!
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 6:54am On Apr 15, 2013
^^ actually, those feature where showing before, I just dont know why they stoped showing. Can u plse compare the source code to see if u can get a clue from there?
Re: SOLVE All Your WORDPRESS Related PROBLEMS!!! by mededot(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2013
Unfortunately, trying to spot the problem by comparing the source code will almost be impossible! What you will have to do is really look hard at your theme options, or get insights from the theme owners themselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Benefits Of Guest Posting - Techinfo / Newly Approved Naija,uk And Usa Adsense Available / Seven Blog Killers To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.