Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

African Christians Christless - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / African Christians Christless (672 Views)

7 "Must Pray" Prayers For All African Christians / To African Christians And Moslems / The Zealous African Christians And The Backsliding European Evangels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Christians Christless by shdemidemi(m): 1:48am On Feb 09, 2013
African christians are christless.
They have a problem of discernment which has affected their perspective of the gospel of Christ(good news). Many pray the wrong prayers, ask for the wrong things, fast for the wrong reasons. Some pray as if the church is a place where u can display madness. The poorer ones pray loudest; You will hear things like God answer now..now..noww ..noww now. They even go as far as using the blood of Jesus for everything:bind loose die .They do all of this for selfish reasons, everything they ask is for me , myself and I. Their songs are always composed for self or asking God to answer them at their terms.Their pastors/motivational speakers compound their problems by turning God to a vending machine where u slot coin to get what u want. They give unnecessary tithes and offering to get a thousand folds back, that sounds like gambling. Try gambling shop,u stand a better chance of getting that. The pastors prophesy every week,deep down the people know it isn't working but hey u cant talk cos from your understanding of the Bible men of God cant be accursed.Many of them join christianity for the wrong reasons.
if Jesus really make people rich, christians will be the richest in the world. If Jesus died for u to have a car,money ,house and all this things that are temporal then he must have died a cheap death. All he did was that he went to the sin market to buy out your sin. The blood he shed was for death to passover you in place of the blood used on the day of PASSOVER in the old testament so please stop wasting your time fighting anybody with the blood. I spoke with someone about this and he was quick to say my Jesus said ask and it shall be given.His ignorance amused me. If u want abundant riches in this world, I would not recommend this Jesus Christ, so I told him to open to that part in the bible,he quickly went to mathew 7:7. I said u dont read d bible out of context by picking out a verse. Read from 7:1 to 7:12 to know Jesus was not talking about earthly or financial things. The end of the verse Jesus says therefore whatever you want men to do to you,do to them. Please no christian ever paid tithe so dont be decieved. Abraham paid tithes from the spoils he got from war, fair. his son Isaac did not pay and he was great, Jacob did not pay and Jesus never asked you to pay. God created time,he cant be bind by time.u cant force him to bless u at your time. The bible says his ways are not our ways. Instead of the shouting we do, lets praise God and pray for his will to be done at all times. He loves cheerful givers but your money cant draw his hand either. May be if we have seen what heaven looks like we will carry our cross and follow christ with the hope of him coming to take us to where he has gone to prepare for us.
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: African Christians Christless by Nobody: 3:02am On Feb 09, 2013
Re: African Christians Christless by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 09, 2013
omo_to_dun: First to comment so I give all the glory to Jesus Christ. Only a fool will not give God the glory for giving him the wonderful opportunity of being the first poster.
Matthew 19:30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

I believe Lord. Thank you for I'm 1st in You.
Re: African Christians Christless by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2013
Re: African Christians Christless by Candour(m): 11:36am On May 08, 2013
i just saw this write up now and i think its worth a read.

God bless the poster
Re: African Christians Christless by PastorOluT(m): 11:52am On May 08, 2013
musKeeto:
Matthew 19:30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

I believe Lord. Thank you for I'm 1st in You.

My friend you have come again, shalom

@ op, yes things are not right in the church and rightly asserted but what exactly is your beef? undecided

I am not insinuating anything o for i know you are a good man and have read some of your post, just want to get you well.

Thank you and stay blessed
Re: African Christians Christless by Eben2: 5:06pm On May 08, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

My friend you have come again, shalom

@ op, yes things are not right in the church and rightly asserted but what exactly is your beef? undecided

I am not insinuating anything o for i know you are a good man and have read some of your post, just want to get you well.

Thank you and stay blessed
[quote author=Pastor Olu T]

I believe this brother means no beef. He message is very clear: Christians, lay up for yourself eternal treasures in heaven rather than spending your life running after vanities.
Re: African Christians Christless by PastorOluT(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2013
Eben 2:
I understand him quite well and not insinuating anything, the first post was for muskeeto which is why i quoted him, i am just asking the op what he meant by the post so i can get him better.

The op is sure my friend and i agree with his believes.

(1) (Reply)

INDEFINITE 24hrs Curfew In Wukari / Mysterious Disease With-symptoms Of Demonic Possession striking Young Women / Nigerian Christians urged to pray on the 10th of Jan,2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.