Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? (2031 Views)

EVEN THOUGH I'VE BEEN SAVED, I FEEL GUILTY OF MYSELF BECAUSE I’M GAY.PLS HELP ME / Amazing Facts About The Pope, Roman Catholic Church And The Vatican / Should The Popes Buttler Be Jailed For Exposing "Evil" At The Vatican? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by tpaine: 12:36pm On Mar 11, 2008
The first case of HIV/AIDS were scientifically diagnosed in the USA and Haiti in the early 80s, many parts of Africa were free from any recorded cases of the disease. However, in little less than two decades, Africa now registers some of the highest rates of infections and the highest per capita citizen living with the condition. The sad fact is that the majority of these infections have occurred at a time when preventative measures have been well known. One such preventative measure is the use of condoms.

However, for most of this time, the Vatican has led a campaign to discourage the use of condoms even in highly infectious area. It even went as far as banning the use of condoms by married couples where one of them is infected. It therefore come as no surprise that some of the countries with the highest rates of infection are populated by Catholics, who compliantly following the directives from the top in one respect but not in another.

Could this crisis have been averted with more humane and decent policies from the top? Certainly. The Vatican is now on the verge of making a reversal to its doctrine about the use of condoms amongst married couple. So much for papal infallibility.

References

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/oct/09/aids
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 11, 2008
Why sould the Church compromise its stand on any issue because it happens to be the cause of distress to people. The case is veeery simple, Abstain from fornication and adultery, then you wont need Condoms, nor will you contact HIV. The church is not against the technology of Condoms, but the main reason behind the use of it.

Besides rumor has it that the reason for the widespread of the virus in HIV, is the white man's plot to wipe away the african race. Even the so called condoms are not to be trusted. And I sincerely agree with that. It would suprise you to know that most of these whites find it difficult to use the Condoms, so why should it suddenly spread in Africa because 'the Catholic church discouraged the use of Condoms'? I seriously doubt your statistics stating that the disease if predominat in Catholic regions who follow the directives of the church, if the diease is dominant in a region, it could be for entirely diffrent reasons of which being predominantly catholics could be a coincidence. Please do not also forget that most people dont use Condoms, not because of the Church's standing on it, but because of their ignorance on the issue. Thanks to the widespread campaign against HIV/AIDs, most people (especially illiterates/villagers) are just getting to know about Condoms.

The vatican is always on the verge of reversing doctrines, including Female priesthood!! It dosent prove any point. Just like any other law, if the canon law needs to be changed, why cant it be chaged without a fuss?
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2008
tpaine:

The first case of HIV/AIDS were scientifically diagnosed in the USA and Haiti in the early 80s, many parts of Africa were free from any recorded cases of the disease. However, in little less than two decades, Africa now registers some of the highest rates of infections and the highest per capita citizen living with the condition. The sad fact is that the majority of these infections have occurred at a time when preventative measures have been well known. One such preventative measure is the use of condoms.

However, for most of this time, the Vatican has led a campaign to discourage the use of condoms even in highly infectious area. It even went as far as banning the use of condoms by married couples where one of them is infected. It therefore come as no surprise that some of the countries with the highest rates of infection are populated by Catholics, who compliantly following the directives from the top in one respect but not in another.

Could this crisis have been averted with more humane and decent policies from the top? Certainly. The Vatican is now on the verge of making a reversal to its doctrine about the use of condoms amongst married couple. So much for papal infallibility.

References

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/oct/09/aids
@tpaine
I'm surprised that a researcher like you has not been able to discern the many irregularities in this HIV story.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by tpaine: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2008
I agree with the overall sentiment of your post, but if it is prudent to make a change of doctrine on a live and death issue, why not make that change. What is even more sad is the fact that it is very likely that within out generation, there will be a total reversal on their position with condoms. The Catholic is known for these drips and draps way of addressing important matters. They are very concerned about saving face rather than saving lifes (or souls).

On the matter of statistics, I am prepared to yield to better figures if anyone has them. I also agree that any correlation may also be coincidental. But the anecdoctal evidence amongst infectivity in Kenya, Philipines, Venezuela etc suggest that a great deal of these infection might have been prevented in the locals had better information about contraception and if condoms very not prohibited to them.  In these countries, with a high catholic ethic, typically women have 5 - 8 children inspite of the financial means of the family. Check out the maps below and match up the religions with incidence of Aids;

Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2008
@tpaine

With this attitude of yours, you will soon be sent on mission to one African country to spread HIV in the interest of the West. I'm sure you will be glad to do just that.

Just like happened in the controversial Libya case --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV_trial_in_Libya

So much for the scientific method.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2008
Tpaine, did it ever occur to you that Chhistianity has the highets population in the world, especially in the countries you mentioned. If HIV is prevalent in these countries, isnt it logical that the religion that would get the highest percentage is the one with the highest population?
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by almondjoy(f): 8:14am On Mar 13, 2008
Small wonder then why the so called Christian areas have the highest AIDS cases, when they are bloody hypocrites who preach on thing and do another.  May God help us all! cheesy See where the other religions are with a lower incidence?  Like the God we are all worshipping is a mad God or something?  You will all pay for your hypocrisy I say! kiss

Ujujoan:

Tpaine, did it ever occur to you that Chhistianity has the highets population in the world, especially in the countries you mentioned. If HIV is prevalent in these countries, isnt it logical that the religion that would get the highest percentage is the one with the highest population?

Yeah right!  Learn to close you legs for one second and stop spreading diseases around and talking rubbish.  If Christianity is the world's largest population, does that mean you guys should be spreading your bugs to reflect how large and wide your arses are world-wide? You bloody hypocrite, who preaches pre-marital sex and goes around screwing everthing that breaths CO2!  Common sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap I say!  Idiot! grin
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 13, 2008
almondjoy:

Yeah right! Learn to close you legs for one second and stop spreading diseases around and talking rubbish. If Christianity is the world's largest population, does that mean you guys should be spreading your bugs to reflect how large and wide your arses are world-wide? You bloody hypocrite, who preaches pre-marital sex and goes around screwing everthing that breaths CO2! Common sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap I say! Idiot! grin

You have a severe personality problem, I suggest you go for counseling and stop being obsessed with me and my 'hypocrisy'!!!
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by almondjoy(f): 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

You have a severe personality problem, I suggest you go for counseling and stop being obsessed with me and my 'hypocrisy'!!!

You can come to romance and sexuality section and type rubbish to me there and you think I cannot follow you to your inner sanctuary and disgrace your filthy arse here abi?  You lie!  Next time you type ma name with your stinking fingers, I will deal with you on this Narialand.  You toothless granny of a slut!  Now you are preaching here!  Ashewo! Go and get your groupies I say.  Have they abandoned you?  You swine! Phocking around with the bible between your albatross-like "K" legs. . . . dripping both gonorrhea and syphillis particles all over it, with all your whoring around with your fake, stupid, money hungry pastors!  Idiot. 

You think I have forgotten you? Start typing all that shit you were typing in Romance section and let me expose you for the bloody "phock and repentant" fake christain LovePeddler you are!  Don't go and get married like your mates did over 20 years ago.  Stay here and be preaching with your bushy arse. . . .hoping to catch a miserable born again, impotent dude like yourself. . .who has used both your pussy and your father's deeeeeeeeeek for rituals!  Since your old boyfriend jilted you, after phocking that your smelling okporoko/nkwobi yansh that does not see water but once a week for over 2 years, you are here campaigning for a new victim of your disease spreading toto! You Shalanga maggggot!!

Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! kiss Next time stay the hell out of ma way!  You stupid harlot!

You guys should flea from this bitch. . . .she is swarming with diseases! angry
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2008
almondjoy:

You can come to romance and sexuality section and type rubbish to me there and you think I cannot follow you to your inner sanctuary and disgrace your filthy arse here abi? You lie! Next time you type ma name with your stinking fingers, I will deal with you on this Narialand. You toothless granny of a slut! Now you are preaching here! Ashewo! Go and get your groupies I say. Have they abandoned you? You swine! Phocking around with the bible between your albatross-like "K" legs. . . . dripping both gonorrhea and syphillis particles all over it, with all your whoring around with your fake, stupid, money hungry pastors! Idiot.

You think I have forgotten you? Start typing all that shit you were typing in Romance section and let me expose you for the bloody "phock and repentant" fake christain LovePeddler you are! Don't go and get married like your mates did over 20 years ago. Stay here and be preaching with your bushy arse. . . .hoping to catch a miserable born again, impotent dude like yourself. . .who has used both your pussy and your father's deeeeeeeeeek for rituals! Since your old boyfriend jilted you, after phocking that your smelling okporoko/nkwobi yansh that does not see water but once a week for over 2 years, you are here campaigning for a new victim of your disease spreading toto! You Shalanga maggggot!!

Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! kiss Next time stay the hell out of ma way! You stupid harlot!

You guys should flea from this bitch. . . .she is swarming with diseases! angry

oops, am trembling in my boots. Sorry m'am, dint mean to let you loose agin, I was just trying to make a simple contribution to a discussion, without having slimy people like you yarn dust!!

How can you forget me, of course I know you are positively obssesed with me. Dont worry, you can keep on following me around, I'm a veeery accomodating person. Why, theres always great reward for people who stoop low to associate with people of lesser class. wink
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by luvus: 3:57pm On Mar 13, 2008
HI

so u want the catholic church to allow condom in africa abi?? well even in america that encourage condom and all that and speaks little of abstaiinance, there is an increase in stds and that would include aids. so whether u in africa, america, libya etc abstainance is the best remedy to hiv,

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=3928971n?source=search_video
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by bawomolo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 13, 2008
so whether u in africa, america, libya etc abstainance is the best remedy to hiv,

u can only suppress ur hormones for so long. keep on deceiving urself.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2008
Please tell me where he said he's supressing his feeling. He just made a contribution for christ sake, what has that got to do with his way of life. Abeg you guys should try to be a little more objective in your postings joo.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by almondjoy(f): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

oops, am trembling in my boots. Sorry m'am, dint mean to let you loose agin, I was just trying to make a simple contribution to a discussion, without having slimy people like you yarn dust!!

How can you forget me, of course I know you are positively obssesed with me. Dont worry, you can keep on following me around, I'm a veeery accomodating person. Why, theres always great reward for people who stoop low to associate with people of lesser class. wink

Ujujoan:

Please tell me where he said he's supressing his feeling. He just made a contribution for christ sake, what has that got to do with his way of life. Abeg you guys should try to be a little more objective in your postings joo.

See your so called religion, spreading diseases all over the world. Like you have to phock everything that moves for conversion purposes, you slut! kiss
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2008
almondjoy:

See your so called religion, spreading diseases all over the world. Like you have to phock everything that moves for conversion purposes, you slut! kiss

Aint you the one your husband has chased out of the house countless time. What do you do to get him to take you back, beg him? Oh dear, how horrible for you. All you really need to do is to stop phocking around, am sure he loves every bit of your slimy self.

Get a life for christ sake and stop changing topics on Nairaland.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by almondjoy(f): 4:25am On Mar 15, 2008
Ujujoan:

Aint you the one your husband has chased out of the house countless time. What do you do to get him to take you back, beg him? Oh dear, how horrible for you. All you really need to do is to stop phocking around, am sure he loves every bit of your slimy self.

Get a life for christ sake and stop changing topics on Nairaland.

Yes! cheesy He is still ma husband, not divorced yet. tongue  Go and marry yours no matter how old. cheesy  Why should I stop phocking around and to repent only to phock with greater momemtum like you?  Remember I am not a hypocrite like you and your ancestors! cheesy  What I do. . . .I do very well! cool He will keep coming back for ma juicy and slimy stuff. Your's dry and cracked. . . . .like an aged coconut without any "fluid" left!! cheesy

Keep spreading your diseases in the name of Christianity. Please show us your "engagement" ring you purchased for yourself as a symbol of you kolomental wedding coming up in your mind. cheesy

You bloody hypocrite! Madam phock and repent! kiss
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by MCUsman(m): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2008
@ ALL

I kept saying this, you Christan rely heavily on the current cultural norms and values that are been propagated by the US and Western Europe.
When they came out with the ideal of Family Planning they were distributing the pills freeing in all hospital. But follopwing the dwindling population of Europe currently dominated by aged categories. They are now advocating and even giving financial incentive for every child you conceived.

The best way of preventing HIV is thro A B C policy and not C B A.

That is the policy ordained by God and that is exactly what Vatican Papi is convening to all.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Maykelly(f): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2008
MC Usman:

@ ALL
I kept saying this, you Christan rely heavily on the current cultural norms and values that are been propagated by the US and Western Europe.
The best way of preventing HIV is thro A B C policy and not C B A.
That is the policy ordained by God and that is exactly what Vatican Papi is convening to all.

We Christians are not brain washed by any US and Western Europe, and do not rely on any current cultural norms and values but rather we rely on OUR HOLY BOOK "HOLY BIBLE" and do not accept any policy other than the one recorded in the HOLY BIBLE - 1. Abstainance from illict Sex and 2. Stay only with your partner. (Husband & Wife )
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by MCUsman(m): 11:55am On Mar 15, 2008
@: May kelly

Are you sure you are a christain ? cos you sure don't sound like one.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Maykelly(f): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2008
MC Usman:

@: May kelly
Are you sure you are a christain ? because you sure don't sound like one.

@MC Usman, sure am a real and good christian. but I hate discrimination, and I like explaining things I know to others. and i believe in question(s). And I also ask question to know what people believe and dis-believe. I am a born again (except a man is born of born Water and Holy Spirit) christian.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by MCUsman(m): 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2008
May kelly:

@MC Usman, I hate discrimination, and I like explaining things I know to others. and i believe in question(s).

To further confirm please answer the following questions please answer YES or NO

Do you hate Mus’lims?
Do you have Mus’lim Friends?
Do you think the religion of Is’lam preaches violence?
Do you consider the few action of a minority terrorist as a general perception of the Mus’lim world?
If yes? Then do you know that we Mus;lims constitute the highest casualties of terrorist attack.
Do you support Israel occupation of Palestine?
Do you support Bush policy on Iraq?
Do you accept the ordaining of gay bishops?
Do you support same sex marriage?
Do you support pre – marital sex?
Do you support distribusion of condoms in the church as a way of preventing HIV

Please Mary Kelly give me YES or NO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Maykelly(f): 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2008
MC Usman:

To further confirm please answer the following questions please answer YES or NO
Do you hate Mus’lims?
Do you have Mus’lim Friends?
Do you think the religion of Is’lam preaches violence?
Do you consider the few action of a minority terrorist as a general perception of the Mus’lim world?
If yes? Then do you know that we Mus;lims constitute the highest casualties of terrorist attack.
Do you support Israel occupation of Palestine?
Do you support Bush policy on Iraq?
Do you accept the ordaining of gay bishops?
Do you support same sex marriage?
Do you support pre – marital sex?
Do you support distribusion of condoms in the church as a way of preventing HIV
Please Mary Kelly give me YES or NO cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1.Christian Bible preaches Love and not Hate. It says love your neighbour(ev'ry body whether close to your house or not)
2.Christian Bible says Treat everyone as your friend- thats why in the Bible a samaritan meet a man on his way wounded by thieves, and he helped him.
3. I don't think they preach violence - but am confused when killing  Christians by M.uslims
4. All terrorist attack should'nt be from m.uslim only, But consider Bin-Laden? and Is it true that M.uslim believe in killing so that God will receive them?
5. Yes M.uslim constitue the highest, but why? "could it be that the terrorist are partially great ones?
6. Isreal as the Bible recorded are God's people, right from the Egypt. and if you check DAVID and Golaith in the bible - you will understand Isreal occupation of Palestine.
7. Bush policy 
8. Gay Bishop were never accepted by True Christians. Not all Bishops are called to serve GOD. (Many are called but few are chossen Bible quote)
9.The same Sex marriage is as a result of end time. Bible says that horrible things will be happening at the end time. Is an abomination to Christians.
10. Pre-marital Sex is a SIN. Hence the bible says "Do no commit adultery/fornication, fun sex, etc.
11. Distribution of Condom is Bad. The Bible do not encourage that, and Christians believe that the only way to prevent HIV is by abstainace from SEX and stay with your wife or Husband.

MC Usman I do hope you will not get me wrong.
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2008
May kelly:

1.Christian Bible preaches Love and not Hate. It says love your neighbour(ev'ry body whether close to your house or not)
2.Christian Bible says Treat every as your friend- thats why a samaritan meet a man wounded by thieves, he helped him
3. I don't think they preache violence - but am confused when killing christians by M.uslims
4.All terrorist attack should'nt be from m.uslim only, But consider Bin-Laden? and Is it true that M.uslim believe in killing so that God will receive them
5.Yes m.uslim constitue the highest, but why? "could it be that the terroist are partially great ones?
6.Isreal as the Bible recorded are God's people, right from the Egypt. and if you check DAVID and Golaith in the bible - you will understand Isreal occupation of Palestine.
7.Bush policy
8.Gap Bishop were never accepted by True Christians. Not all Bishops are called to serve GOD. (Many are called but few are chossen Bible quote)
9.The same Sex marriage is as a result of end time. Bible says that horrible things will be happening at the end time. Is an abomination to Christians.
10.Pre-marital Sex is a SIN. Hence the bible says "Do no commit adultery/fornication, fun sex, and what have you.
11.Distribution of Condom is Bad. The Bible do not encourage that, and Christians believe that the only way to prevent HIV is by abstainace from SEX and stay with your wife.

I couldnt have put it in a better way. smiley
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by Maykelly(f): 5:25pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ Topic: Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms?

More Lives would have been perished in Africa with Condoms, but more could be saved with the Word of GOD
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by tpaine: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2008
May kelly:

@ Topic: Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms?

More Lives would have been perished in Africa with Condoms, but more could be saved with the Word of GOD

Not surprising there are more sufferers of AIDs in Africa than most of the "enlightened" world. Religiosity is killing reason in that place and you are clearly a victim. What a shame!
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by bawomolo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2008

hillarious
Re: The Vatican: Could More Lives Have Been Saved From Aids In Africa With Condoms? by JayFK(m): 10:21pm On Mar 15, 2008
May kelly:

No shit?

(1) (Reply)

Listening To Music And Songs Are Illegal In Islam: ? / Satanists Install New Statue Of Satan, In Detroit, USA, Christians Protest / RCCG Prayer Points For 50days Fasting And Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.