Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,361 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

To All Professed Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Professed Christians (796 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Jesus's Miracles Vs Modern Day Professed Miracle Workers / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Professed Christians by edogho(m): 9:38am On Feb 09, 2013
ISAIAH 43:10,MICAH 4:5,ACTS 15:14-18 e.t.c.
I like asking questions and getting satisfying answers to the questions.
Here i need help to answer one not too big question. If you can share your thoughts on what you think,it will be welcomed and appreciated. The most interesting of them all is ACTS 15:17. There the apostle Peter called God's people the name God Himself called his people at ISAIAH 43:10. Mi question is if the people spoken of at Acts 15 are the gentiles(as a christian you are expected to know what the term means) where do all these christian churches get their names from?. Most of the names i saw when i visited Ajegunle spell scam. Forgive me for bringing it out like this,I do not see any other way to tell people of what i found while studying the bible. Thanks to all who help me with answers.
Re: To All Professed Christians by edogho(m): 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2013
Really shocking. No answer yet. Or is mi question too hard or you concluded i've gone bananas?
Re: To All Professed Christians by Joagbaje(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2013
No it's just because the question doesn't make sense. To be called by Gods name simply means to belong to God . If a woman Marriesa man. She is called by his name . If a man adopts a son . His name is confered on him. It's as simPle as that . We are Gods people. So we bear his name. Opari
Re: To All Professed Christians by edogho(m): 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2013
Joagbaje:
No it's just because the question doesn't make sense. To be called by Gods name simply means to belong to God . If a woman Marriesa man. She is called by his name . If a man adopts a son . His name is confered on him. It's as simPle as that . We are Gods people. So we bear his name. Opari
i'm not sure you understand what you just wrote. The adopted son and woman you just used as examples belongs to the man alright buh are not called by another name as you stated buh by THE NAME OF THE MAN. Let's say the name of the man is OKEKE, after marriage the woman becomes Mrs. OKEKE not something else and so is the adopted son. I've thought it through before starting this thread. Just need someone to tell me if i'm getting it wrong and where exactly it is i'm getting it wrong.
Re: To All Professed Christians by Joagbaje(m): 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2013
It has nothing to go with Jews or gentile. To be call by his name is a covenant . It is symbolic. It doesn't mean Jehovah has to be attached to your name. But spiritually his name is on you. Every demon of hell knows and every angel from heaven knows. It simply means "you are mine"

It applies to Jews and Gentiles alike
Re: To All Professed Christians by edogho(m): 9:12am On Feb 12, 2013
I also thought of that good friend. I like that you are seeing it that way too buh i just couldn't agree with this being symbolic. Maybe it is buh what if its not?
Re: To All Professed Christians by BesidesYou: 3:35am On Aug 22, 2014
edogho: I also thought of that good friend. I like that you are seeing it that way too buh i just couldn't agree with this being symbolic. Maybe it is buh what if its not?

Joagbaje is right. It's symbolic and you don't necessarily have to add God to your name. But as long as one is in Christ, that person is a child of God, a co-heir with Christ - having and sharing, with Jesus, God's 'wealth and property', we become God's inheritance. We are no longer called by our sins and old godless lifestyle. In the spiritual realm, we are considered as God's children. Because we carry Christ in us, we bear God's name.

For more inspiration and encouragement on our road with Christ, check out our website at http://thegodkindoflove..com and like our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/thegodkindoflove
Re: To All Professed Christians by edogho(m): 9:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
BesidesYou:

Joagbaje is right. It's symbolic and you don't necessarily have to add God to your name. But as long as one is in Christ, that person is a child of God, a co-heir with Christ - having and sharing, with Jesus, God's 'wealth and property', we become God's inheritance. We are no longer called by our sins and old godless lifestyle. In the spiritual realm, we are considered as God's children. Because we carry Christ in us, we bear God's name.

For more inspiration and encouragement on our road with Christ, check out our website at http://thegodkindoflove..com and like our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/thegodkindoflove
checking up on me? lol. thanks anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Friday 1st March 2013 Antidote To Discouragement By P / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Tuesday 13th March 2013 Attitude Of Worship By Pastor / Who Was Abraham Refering To As Lord In Genesis 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.