Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures (27380 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by ignis: 7:08am On Feb 11, 2013
190: una nor dey sleep for nite angry angry angry
How we go sleep?
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by sammmiey1: 7:13am On Feb 11, 2013
miss law: it really great...we did it
I WAS SO HAPPY .....ALMOST CRYIN
LUV U KESHI
LUV U EAGLES
LUV U AFRICAN
UNITED WE STAND
Almost crying?Women can b so emotional
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by ritux: 7:16am On Feb 11, 2013
If we dont know Mba's age, we can assume he is 19yrs old.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Waterway: 7:33am On Feb 11, 2013
Beautiful piece put together by igomen regarding the act of patriotism. I can't help to notice the statement from our Senate president, Mr David Mark asking more from fellow Nigerians, to let this win be a rallying point for peace/unity in the country. The irony is we have patriotic youths, bringing accolades and respect to our beloveth country, in the league of nations but have leaders who are unpatriotic !!! we have youths who placed Nigeria first and leaders who take pride in putting Nigeria last.--- ala their health care and personal investments overseas. Mr President and Senate president, the youths of Nigeria are disillusioned due to the massive corruption and mismanagement of the Nigerian Elite/poticians. A country where looting of treasury and mismanagement of govt fund is the order of the day. The youths do not feel any part of ownership in their country, they do not feel they have a stake in it for them, hence the Mayheim unleashed in the Niger Delta & Northern Nigeria. The rampant robbery, kidnappings, cultism and the spike in crime rate has direct correlation with the total disregard for rule of law by the political elite and it trickles down to every facet of our society as a nation. Remember a society is defined by what it values. Our politicians are buying up the world overseas (private jets, mansions,healthcare, comfort) and come home to the squalor and abject poverty that abound and feel no sense of duty to this great country. They ask you and I to be patriotic but I say lead by example because the level of hypocrisy by the political class is blurring the definition of a true Nigerian and changing our values, undermined the tireless effort of our founding fathers for a " one Nigeria" with charted course to first class and not third world nation . So I ask our leaders to lead by example . So Mr President, Senate President enact the laws that puts our country back on track. Take the torch from our young talented , courageous players and lets us march in solidarity from North to South, East to west and restore the respect that is due this nation and secure our future as a country. So let our leaders not ask more from us, let them show us how patriotic they are in the cause. Let them trim govt and stop the looting and fight corruption. Enact laws that promote business, create jobs and a legal system that treats us all as equal under the law. On this note I say

Stephen Keshi- you truly deserve honour and all the accolades !!
Victor Moses you are a beacon of hope for the disillusioned youths of this beloveth country
To all our patriotic flying eagles , players in AFCON 2013, job well done , we salute you. Your country is proud of you.

Again Mr President, Senate president, bring down this wall of corruption and raise the patriotic torch. Long Live Nigeria !!!!

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by MEILYN(m): 7:33am On Feb 11, 2013
nobody blive at first,up naija up keshi,up mba

http://.com/2013/02/discover-how-i-make-over-70000-weekly.html?m=1
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by DJDOLA(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2013
NIGERIA IS BLESSED.....THANK U LORD FOR MAKING US AFRICAN WINNER OF DIS YEAR...
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by equily(m): 7:53am On Feb 11, 2013
BRAVO!!! TO THE EAGLES,,,,,,,,,,,,I KNEW IT C'MON LETS CELEBRATE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i declare today a public Holiday
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 11, 2013
Waterway: Beautiful piece put together by igomen regarding the act of patriotism. I can't help to notice the statement from our Senate president, Mr David Mark asking more from fellow Nigerians, to let this win be a rallying point for peace/unity in the country. The irony is we have patriotic youths, bringing accolades and respect to our beloveth country, in the league of nations but have leaders who are unpatriotic !!! we have youths who placed Nigeria first and leaders who take pride in putting Nigeria last.--- ala their health care and personal investments overseas. Mr President and Senate president, the youths of Nigeria are disillusioned due to the massive corruption and mismanagement of the Nigerian Elite/poticians. A country where looting of treasury and mismanagement of govt fund is the order of the day. The youths do not feel any part of ownership in their country, they do not feel they have a stake in it for them, hence the Mayheim unleashed in the Niger Delta & Northern Nigeria. The rampant robbery, kidnappings, cultism and the spike in crime rate has direct correlation with the total disregard for rule of law by the political elite and it trickles down to every facet of our society as a nation. Remember a society is defined by what it values. Our politicians are buying up the world overseas (private jets, mansions,healthcare, comfort) and come home to the squalor and abject poverty that abound and feel no sense of duty to this great country. They ask you and I to be patriotic but I say lead by example because the level of hypocrisy by the political class is blurring the definition of a true Nigerian and changing our values, undermined the tireless effort of our founding fathers for a " one Nigeria" with charted course to first class and not third world nation . So I ask our leaders to lead by example . So Mr President, Senate President enact the laws that puts our country back on track. Take the torch from our young talented , courageous players and lets us march in solidarity from North to South, East to west and restore the respect that is due this nation and secure our future as a country. So let our leaders not ask more from us, let them show us how patriotic they are in the cause. Let them trim govt and stop the looting and fight corruption. Enact laws that promote business, create jobs and a legal system that treats us all as equal under the law. On this note I say

Stephen Keshi- you truly deserve honour and all the accolades !!
Victor Moses you are a beacon of hope for the disillusioned youths of this beloveth country
To all our patriotic flying eagles , players in AFCON 2013, job well done , we salute you. Your country is proud of you.

Again Mr President, Senate president, bring down this wall of corruption and raise the patriotic torch. Long Live Nigeria !!!!

Good write up! Unfortunately i don't think the agbayas looting Nigeria will stop by mere wishing.....left to them, the fate of Nigeria is doomed due to their lugubrious thieving nature...the change will have to come by force. I agree with you....the unpatriotic lots are the politicians with their relentless looting of Nigeria's common wealth....its quite disheartening when one thinks about it.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by riddo2(m): 7:57am On Feb 11, 2013
Good Job. Do proceed
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by valicious1(m): 7:59am On Feb 11, 2013
equily: BRAVO!!! TO THE EAGLES,,,,,,,,,,,,I KNEW IT C'MON LETS CELEBRATE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i declare today a public Holiday
Lazy man. Comon go work joor grin
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Biggyd2: 8:03am On Feb 11, 2013
onila: john dumelo supporting Nigeria!

I love this pic.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Haryobame: 8:11am On Feb 11, 2013
yeahh congrat to all nigerians.....19yrs...no be small tin.........allihamduliahi.................... (will miss bance)
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Bumchacha(f): 8:34am On Feb 11, 2013
u
Up nija even as som of our gvt gave up on dem nd even bought deir tiket b4 d mali match dey stil made up proud. kudos t Keshi d double chapion
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Fesisko(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2013
manosteel: Keshi may have won the Cup but he has not won the following charges against him:

#count 1, You Stephen Keshi, on 10th February unleashed a deadly Squad and therefore used excessive and disproportional force against Burkina farso team, thereby giving yourself undue advantage which resulted to the only goal, this is a violation of United Nation Human right Resolution.

#count 2, You Keshi on this same date, your team out-played Burkina Babes, this is a violation of FIFA fair play rule.

#count 3, You keshi, on the said date, you received a prediction frm TB that you would win the match thereby deciding the outcome of the game before it was played, this is match Fixing.

#count 4, You Keshi, on this said date, after you had won the game, received a mouth watering handshakes from the goverment officials, this is goverment interference in football, which is against fifa rule.

What do you plea?
Guilty as charged my lord.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Gialmine(f): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2013
Handsome banca wey talk sey em go beat Nigeria grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by misslaw(f): 8:42am On Feb 11, 2013
manmustwac: LUV U TO MISS LAW kiss
luv u too
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by mikeuz(m): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2013
ritux: If we dont know Mba's age, we can assume he is 19yrs old.

MBA is 24 years old
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by misslaw(f): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2013
tha_originator: I LOVE NIGERIA, I LOVE ALL THE TRIBES, DIVIDED WE FALL BUT UNITED WE SHALL STAND AND CONQUER.
yea second dat
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by God2man(m): 8:51am On Feb 11, 2013
kelch: Imagine this, the tournament started 19th of Jan,d last goal was scored by jersey number 19 on a sunday by a sunday & we won it after 19yrs.
This is the story of a young boy whose parents were murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time. His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills. Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point, his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between 2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
He never gave up on his country. He persevered... That is purpose!
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on Nigeria, then why should we?
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by MEILYN(m): 8:52am On Feb 11, 2013
Importation Business....Learn How To Buy Fones,Laptops,Clothes,Wrist Watches E.t.C Online At A cheaper Rate and sale at a higher price making upto 10,000naira per sale...u miss it u miss out it will be gone soon,copy nd paste dis url on ur browser
http://.com/2013/02/discover-how-i-make-over-70000-weekly.html?m=1
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 11, 2013
igomen:
No wonder Victor was on fire in this Tournament. i duff my hat, you are a great inspiration to the youths of this country.....never give up
Moses God will keep blessing u, protecting u in all ur going out and coming in amen. Plz keep it ip u are a gd player. I bett u if u keep playing like u did i. this Tournament ,b4 2017 u we surely win Africa Footballer of the year. One love naija.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by andyanders: 8:54am On Feb 11, 2013
manosteel: Keshi may have won the Cup but he has not won the following charges against him:

#count 1, You Stephen Keshi, on 10th February unleashed a deadly Squad and therefore used excessive and disproportional force against Burkina farso team, thereby giving yourself undue advantage which resulted to the only goal, this is a violation of United Nation Human right Resolution.

#count 2, You Keshi on this same date, your team out-played Burkina Babes, this is a violation of FIFA fair play rule.

#count 3, You keshi, on the said date, you received a prediction frm TB that you would win the match thereby deciding the outcome of the game before it was played, this is match Fixing.

#count 4, You Keshi, on this said date, after you had won the game, received a mouth watering handshakes from the goverment officials, this is goverment interference in football, which is against fifa rule.

What do you plea?

You wickedoooooooooooo Very good one as a football judge and not these corrupt Nigerian professional judges that steal with pen
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by victorcurtis(m): 8:56am On Feb 11, 2013
is all about Nigeria
confederation cup we go hammer Spain, Uraguay,Haiti
tampa1871: Nigeria 1 Burkina Faso 0: Mba's fine strike ends 19 years of hurt as Super Eagles win third Africa Cup of Nations title.

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by raeez(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2013
lesson for GEJ prove ur critics wrong

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by yokiti: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2013
AFCON 2013 OFFICIAL RESULT...

NIGERIA --------------Gold
BURKINA FASO -------Silver
MALI --------------- --Bronze
GHANA --------------- Indomie

Nigerians are Goldenly and graciously Grateful to the Almighty God; I represent Nigeria and am very proud of it!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by fluttershy23: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2013
victor moses is the hero of African imagin wat they did to his parent he did not give up still he came to play for his country nd he made up proud.love u moses smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by obicentlis: 10:08am On Feb 11, 2013
Yesterday gave me a reason with a smile to shout 'up naija'.
The power of sports!
Lesson1, govt should support sports in order to unite Nigerians.
Lesson2, don't loose hope cos its never late even wen its late. We lost hope during the group stage.
Lesson 3, add yours!
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Olofintoto(m): 10:25am On Feb 11, 2013
Congratulations to Super Eagles!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by yomip3t(m): 10:27am On Feb 11, 2013
kelch: Imagine this, the tournament started 19th of Jan,d last goal was scored by jersey number 19 on a sunday by a sunday & we won it after 19yrs.
This is the story of a young boy whose parents were murdered during 2002 riots in Kaduna. He was aged 11 years at the time. His parents, Mr Austine and Mrs Josephine Moses, were missionaries until they met their untimely death. The boy left his house to play football but returned home to see that all his parents had laboured for had been razed down and he would never see his mother and father again.
He was taken to London by his uncle almost immediately after the incident. While in London, he began deploying his football skills. Though his parents were murdered, his passion for football was never killed. He played football for his school and later for a local Tandrige League club until Crystal Palace FC approached him. From that point, his career progressed in leaps and bounds.
This player played for England's under 16, 17, 19 and 21 teams between 2005 and 2010 scoring 11 goals for England during this period. He later moved to Wigan Athletic and now he plays for Chelsea. This footballer is called VICTOR MOSES.
His story is a touching one, I share his pains. I also share his courage. He had a choice not to step into Nigeria again but he didn't take that option. When the call to serve his fatherland came, Moses dumped England and embraced Nigeria... That is patriotism!
Today, we see a Victor Moses bringing joy to every Nigerian including those who may have inspired his parent's death... That is Love!
On Sunday, Moses would stand for the National Anthem and pledge allegiance to a country that couldn't defend his parents... That is faith!
Moses would deliver the "African Cup of Nations" trophy to Nigeria not minding what had happened in the past... That is forgiveness! Moses rose through bitterness and despair to the limelight of hope and courage.
He never gave up on his country. He persevered... That is purpose!
If someone like Victor Moses, despite the bitter past, never gave up on Nigeria, then why should we?

I don't like this alone coz like is too low for a story like this...... I love this wholeheartedly. Was crying while reading it. Good one.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by Ogegod87: 10:40am On Feb 11, 2013
@waterway
How abt dese old unpatriotic leaders giving our young patriotic youths a chance 2 rule/lead nigeria. cos i think we've had enough of their incompetence, looting, greed, corrupt practices and wat ve u. Let dese young ones who ve wat it takes teach dem how it is done... BTW, proudly 9ja.
good write up though.
Re: Nigeria Vs. Burkina Faso In Pictures by gudugudumeje: 11:51am On Feb 11, 2013
PEOPLE LIKE DAVID MARK PRECIPITATED THE CRISIS NIGERIA IS FOUND GRAPPLING WITH. NOT FOOTBALL VICTORY WILL MAKE NIGERIA(NS) UNITED, STRONG AD DEVELOPED LIKE HE IS SAYING FOOLISHLY. YOU SHOULD NOT BE FOUND LIVING IN FOOLS' PARADISE LIKE THE MILITARY RULERS USED TO DO IN THE 1980S' AD 1990S'. THAT IS SPORT PSYCHOLOGY TO HOLD THE PEOPLE DOWN AD AWAY FROM REALITIES OF SOUND CONSTITUTIONAL, HISTORICAL AD POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT THAT TAKES countries to greater heights, crown civility ad enthrone sustainable ad meaningful development Nigeria suffers ad lacks........ A word is enough for the wise......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo Has Received 200 Votes MORE Than Messi Across Ballon D'or History / Leicester City Complete The Signing Of Iheanacho From Man City(pics,video) / Bus Conveying Ifeanyi Uba Players Involved In An Accident,Players Injured.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.