Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi (4731 Views)

Edo APC Crisis: Suspected Thugs Batter Ward Chairman / DSS And Police Clash At INEC Office In Imo / Jonathan’s Wife Orders Release Of Suspected Thugs In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 11, 2013
IT was a show of intimidation, weekend, when members of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, some suspected Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, thugs and the police clashed in a market square in Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

It was gathered that what led to the clash was  mere misunderstanding that erupted between a suspected PDP thug and member of National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, Izzi Line, Friday Mbam and a MASSOB member over an issue relating to a damaged GSM phone belonging to one Ikechukwu Ominyi, a MASSOB member in Izzi LGA.

Briefing newsmen in Abakaliki, the Regional Administrator of MASSOB in Izzi Local Government Area of the state, Mr. Vincent Nwamini, who stated that the incident led to a fight between members of MASSOB and some suspected PDP thugs in the area alleged that 15 of his members were attacked as two were arrested by the police while two others were admitted in the Intensive Care Unit of the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki, FETHA, because of the nature of the injuries they sustained.

But in a swift reaction, the state Chairman of PDP, Mr. Ogorji Ama-Oti denied the involvement of PDP members in the matter, stressing that thuggery was not part of the PDP activity in the state and warned groups or organisations to stop using the name of the party to perpetrate evil and injustice.

Nwamini alleged that the policemen who came to the scene of the incident to quell the matter decided to arrest two of his members and later went to MASSOB office in the area and carted away valuables
including, motorcycles, chairs, tables, registers, documents and Biafran flags belonging to the group.

He said: “On 8th of February 2013 some suspected political thugs belonging to PDP attacked 15 members of MASSOB in the area. Their aim is to wipe out MASSOB in Izzi local government area of the state so as to continue their evil dids.

“Accordingly, two MASSOB members were seriously wounded during the fight. They are: Shedrack Ogbonna and Ogobuchi Oko. As I’m talking with you now Ogobuchi is in a critical condition at the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki, FETHA, where he is presently receiving treatment; two others, Shedrack Ogbonna and Simon Ofoke are in the police net

“The police who intervened in the matter later went to our regional office and carted away 15 plastic chairs, two big tables, five motorcycles all our registers and document and 15 Biafra flags.”
[img][/img]
But the Ebonyi state police public relations officer, Deputy Superintendent of Police, DSP Sylvester Igbo, said  he was yet to be briefed on the development in the area charged members of the public to remain law abiding.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/massob-suspected-thugs-police-clash-in-ebonyi/
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by GARRIx7(m): 9:04am On Feb 11, 2013
Bluetooth! Bluetooth!! Bluetooth!!!
You wan start again oo!!
After Biafrans help us win Nations cup, you wan spoil their achievement with this bad news...abi??
Take ya time oooo

In other News.... I'M 1st!!!
cheesy

4 Likes

Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by strangest(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2013
well.. well... well... watch out for part three
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Shedysworld(m): 9:12am On Feb 11, 2013
Up here in the north boko haram
down there Massob.
God help us in naija.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by 9icest: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2013
I dont understand why MASSOB cant be transformed into a political party. It seems these guys have a lot of members, and keep undermining their population. The earlier a better and more educated leader takes the helm of affairs of MASSOB, the better. And for crying out loud, if the Ibos want Biafra, this is the best time they can have it, Nigeria has never been more divided and in a fragile political state unlike now....And why are they attacking oneanother because I dont see anyone stopping them if they are really determined at this point....Im just thinking out loud.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng
for your daily inspirational dose!

1 Like

Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by CHRISKY: 9:16am On Feb 11, 2013
Imaging!!! Wen wil violence stop in dis our gr8 nation.... I wonda if we eva ask ourselves dis question, Wia are we heading 2??
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 11, 2013
Bush people undecided
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by plendil: 9:18am On Feb 11, 2013
lol! I heard they were just hoodlums. Who would have though they party members
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by CHRISKY: 9:19am On Feb 11, 2013
strangest: well.. well... well... watch out for part three
B realistic 4 once in ur lyf....
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Desdola(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2013
Pathetic
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Asis(m): 9:28am On Feb 11, 2013
CHRISKY: Imaging!!! Wen wil violence stop in dis our gr8 nation.... I wonda if we eva ask ourselves dis question, Wia are we heading 2??
I wonder,that's d same very question,i ask myself everytime..
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by superior1: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2013
9icest: I dont understand why MASSOB cant be transformed into a political party. It seems these guys have a lot of members, and keep undermining their population. The earlier a better and more educated leader takes the helm of affairs of MASSOB, the better. And for crying out loud, if the Ibos want Biafra, this is the best time they can have it, Nigeria has never been more divided and in a fragile political state unlike now....And why are they attacking oneanother because I dont see anyone stopping them if they are really determined at this point....Im just thinking out loud.[/b]

Dont you know Igbos have no leaders?

1 Like

Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2013
nchewi: Bush people undecided

Regurgitated Sputum

plendil: lol! I heard they were just hoodlums. Who would have though they party members

Excuse me queen Elizabeth, can you repeat that again
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by DuduNegro: 9:36am On Feb 11, 2013
9icest: I dont understand why MASSOB cant be transformed into a political party. It seems these guys have a lot of members, and keep undermining their population. The earlier a better and more educated leader takes the helm of affairs of MASSOB, the better. And for crying out loud, if the Ibos want Biafra, this is the best time they can have it, Nigeria has never been more divided and in a fragile political state unlike now....And why are they attacking oneanother because I dont see anyone stopping them if they are really determined at this point....Im just thinking out loud.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng

massob is politically unisightful. they have within their grip what west and north have always wished to posess. right now they are flirting with danger, its kinda like the rat and the cheese drama.... the rat cherishes its freedom but the yellow cheeze is too appealing to ignore.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by cheddarking(m): 9:40am On Feb 11, 2013
Did I read properly? shocked

The police went to seize 15 plastic chairs and 5 bikes from the MASSOB headquarters.

Yeah, that'll teach em. undecided

1 Like

Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Mukaz: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2013
OPC to Yoruba president,militant to south-south president,boko haram keen about 2015,Massob getting set for 2019.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:10am On Feb 11, 2013
9icest: I dont understand why MASSOB cant be transformed into a political party. It seems these guys have a lot of members, and keep undermining their population. [size=15pt]The earlier a better and more educated leader takes the helm of affairs of MASSOB, the better[/size]. And for crying out loud, if the Ibos want Biafra, this is the best time they can have it, Nigeria has never been more divided and in a fragile political state unlike now....And why are they attacking oneanother because I dont see anyone stopping them if they are really determined at this point....Im just thinking out loud.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng

100% Pure knowledge.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by abdul23(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2013
Pls cant we have a bad news free day and y does every bad news 4rm d east always make d front page.Well,just an obsevation though.UP UP UP SUPER EAGLES!!!!
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by dederocs(m): 10:22am On Feb 11, 2013
my question to Ibos-what is the benefit of Massob to your people?
cos i dont see any benefit this rag tag of jobless dudes bring to the table.Security operatives should start treating them like miscreants cos that is what they are.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by OneNaira6: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2013
cheddarking: Did I read properly? shocked

The police went to seize 15 plastic chairs and 5 bikes from the MASSOB headquarters.

Yeah, that'll teach em. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by OneNaira6: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2013
Massob in my honest opinion need to stop the non-violent stanch and start turning violent. I don't think any Igbo on this world would judge them if they do so. If you've constantly informed a group you are non-violent yet they use violence against you, then a smart thing to do is actually change your stanch and fight violent as well. They want fire, give them fire. My own advice. Well I do hope eventually a younger youth among them will talk some sense to their leader. Non-violence didn't work for mend, didn't work for BH, it ain't working for you either Massob. oh well.

I didn't even know they were all the way in Ebonyi. Hmm their population is increasing very much. Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by abdul23(m): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2013
plendil: lol! I heard they were just hoodlums. Who would have though they party members
Are u from kumasi?u speak/write well.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Vincent41(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Bluetooth! Bluetooth!! Bluetooth!!!
You wan start again oo!!
After Biafrans help us win Nations cup, you wan spoil their achievement with this bad news...abi??
Take ya time oooo

In other News.... I'M 1st!!!
cheesy

lol..dis man sef
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by phreakabit(m): 10:54am On Feb 11, 2013
9icest: I dont understand why MASSOB cant be transformed into a political party. It seems these guys have a lot of members, and keep undermining their population. The earlier a better and more educated leader takes the helm of affairs of MASSOB, the better. And for crying out loud, if the Ibos want Biafra, this is the best time they can have it, Nigeria has never been more divided and in a fragile political state unlike now....And why are they attacking oneanother because I dont see anyone stopping them if they are really determined at this point....Im just thinking out loud.

Get inspired, visit
www.inspired.com.ng

God go bless you oh! I really don't get what Uwazurike is doing.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by lacasa: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2013
Confused people still livin a dead man's dream

angry
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Hamazz1: 11:10am On Feb 11, 2013
D last time I checked some of d igbos that played yesterdays match were wearing Nigerias jersey not Biafras.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by GARRIx7(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2013
One_Naira: Non-violence didn't work for mend, didn't work for BH, it ain't working for you either Massob. oh well.

shocked shocked

Oghene me!!!

Ogini??

So MASSOB & BH are in the same category!! Ok oooo!!!

I hope when more of the dead bodies are found in Ezu River you'll not come here to claim that they're innocent!!
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by strangest(m): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2013
CHRISKY: B realistic 4 once in ur lyf....

Ahhhhhh.... have you been following me? Go away stalker before i call boko haram for you...
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Abagworo(m): 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2013
My stand. On this MASSOB issue is that government should be friends with them and help them understand that Nigeria is gradually transforming rather than met out violence on them. This same callous approach by Yar'Adua administration led us into the Boko Haram crisis that is today consuming resources we could have directed towards development.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by OneNaira6: 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2013
GARRI (x7):

shocked shocked

Oghene me!!!

Ogini??

So MASSOB & BH are in the same category!! Ok oooo!!!

I hope when more of the dead bodies are found in Ezu River you'll not come here to claim that they're innocent!!

Dude don't try to play coy. you know the meaning of that statement. Both mend and BH were non-violent trying to advance their beliefs. The Nigerian police officers and government turned both group violent, the same way judging what's going on they will eventually turn another group violent. I don't support BH nor do I see their belief as the same, in fact Mend and Massob beliefs (since both groups are seeking for independence) are more alike than BH and Massob (one wants independence while the other wants an islam Nigeria) but one thing I can say for sure is that BH was turned Violent, they didn't start out like that. The same sh1t with Mend too.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Harry4cas(m): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
One_Naira: Massob in my honest opinion need to stop the non-violent stanch and start turning violent. I don't think any Igbo on this world would judge them if they do so. If you've constantly informed a group you are non-violent yet they use violence against you, then a smart thing to do is actually change your stanch and fight violent as well. They want fire, give them fire. My own advice. Well I do hope eventually a younger youth among them will talk some sense to their leader. Non-violence didn't work for mend, didn't work for BH, it ain't working for you either Massob. oh well.

I didn't even know they were all the way in Ebonyi. Hmm their population is increasing very much. Interesting.
i say amen to that one bro.
Re: MASSOB, Suspected Thugs, Police Clash In Ebonyi by Malawian(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
igbos dont fight roforofo fight. when massob arms itself with sniper riffles, we shall see the difference.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give Me 3 Reasons Why Your Alma Mater Is Better Than "The Den" / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Biafra: IPOB Replies Buhari, Says ‘we Would Also Not Tolerate Nigeria’-vanguard.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.