Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Starting A Career As A Chef In Nigeria.. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Starting A Career As A Chef In Nigeria.. (1998 Views)

Qualified Chef In Abuja. / Nairalander Chef Shares Unique Pictures Of His Fish BBQ Menu. / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Career As A Chef In Nigeria.. by geekybabe(f): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
hi everyone. 'ive been stock on the top chef tv show for a while now, and somehow i find myself falling in love with food making and cooking. i just graduated from school (B.Sc) and i think i wanna start my career as a chef. i have done some cool things in the past, cooking stuffs and trying out new dishes, and also baking cakes and making snacks. though i still need to perfect my skills a little, i think i really love cooking. i have also handled, birthday parties, dinners and events while on campus and at home.

i just wanna ask if anyone knows any culinary school here in Nigeria, that can train people, and also at a reasonably fair price.

p.s: i did not study any thing related to nutrition.. i actually studied engieering.. but i think i really love making good food, and making others happy with what i cook
Re: Starting A Career As A Chef In Nigeria.. by 2B1ASK1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
follow your passion bro
Re: Starting A Career As A Chef In Nigeria.. by duyilekan98(m): 9:58am On Dec 28, 2021
I know this is coming late, but I do know a good culinary school. A friend of mine attended one in Lagos. The training experience is great, the exposure is amazing. Search Chef Dee on Instagram.

On another note, I’ve been able to access the chef industry in Nigeria, and I have to say it’s a little bit cutthroat. There are not many opportunities, you’re either working at a restaurant, or a self established food vendor(which is extremely capital intensive), or a freelance caterer. A chef friend of mine is worked in a restaurant where they said they would pay #150k monthly, and at the end some months they ended up not paying them, some months they reduce their pay, they even ended up laying off some people. Eventually he had to quit. So that led me to seeing how I can help solve the problems chefs face from a software developer standpoint. I eventually starting working on a service for chefs and I’m currently looking for beta testers. If you’re seeing this and you’re interested in been an early adopter contact me at scriptkidd98@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Cook Snails / What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect / Please Help With This Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.