Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect (1957 Views)

Panla Fish - What Is The English Name / The Real English Name Of "AGBALUMO" / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect by xarm(m): 10:37am On Dec 18, 2016
only people from village can know this edible sweet insect, unfortunately I don't know the English name, but the name in my dialect is URE.

Re: What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect by dingbang(m): 10:43am On Dec 18, 2016
no wonder some people are mad in this forum
Re: What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 18, 2016
xarm:
only people from village can know this edible sweet insect, unfortunately I don't know the English name, but the name in my dialect is URE.

it's called cricket
Re: What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect by xarm(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2016
lol
Re: What's The English Name Of This Edible Insect by Baroba(m): 4:39am On Dec 21, 2016
Its a cricket, Igbo's call it Abuzu.. We use to hunt them in my village during raining season as kids..This is one of the sweetest thing I have ever eaten.. Fry in oil and pepper and eat with Abacha...heaven on earth grin

If this thing bite you, you will bleed well well, they do possess some powerful mandibles. good memories

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Soup Gets Sweeter Day By Day, As You Continue To Warm It / AS1000 Dinglin Liquid Packaging Machine, @550k Fairly Used...negotiable!!! / Madagascar Vanilla Extract, Bean Paste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.