Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,966 members, 7,956,620 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:29 PM

The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism (13434 Views)

Vegetarianism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 12, 2013
I've always found the idea of vegetarianism based on respect for life to be hilarious.

My reason is simple. Plant and fruits are living things too!

I also wonder why the animal rights people base their argument on sentience? I don't want to believe plants are not conscious since they qualify as living things.

Life is life! No matter what your limited human knowledge and perception tells you!

12 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 2:59am On Feb 12, 2013
I guess the topic is supposed to read "The hypocrisy in vegetarianism".
Don't know if the mods can do something about that?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by 3ndy(f): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2013
everyone sees it their own way.
as far as plants grow from the soil they consider it to be nature's gift. and moreover men don't come from plant
on the other hand, eating another creature such as mammals, oviparous, reptiles and such, creatures from the animal kingdom is forbidding. it's just like eating one of their brothers.. i guess.. though most people are vegetarians for health reasons..
and moreover vegetarians don't eat animals but can eat animal products such as eggs, milk and so on.
while vegans are those who can't eat anything deriving from animals.. nothing at all.. as far as it comes out from an animal it's a taboo.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 12, 2013
Read your post again, you'll realize that you shot yourself multiple times on the foot!

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by 3ndy(f): 8:17am On Feb 12, 2013
kwangi: Read your post again, you'll realize that you shot yourself multiple times on the foot!
why so? enlighten me..
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
"Everyone see it their own way".
This is the point. Cook up an excuse to do whatever hypocritical thing they want to do!
plants are gifts to man! Is that a fact or that's what you choose to think?
People have different understanding or belief of what vegetarianism is. So, those ovi...this, vegan...that are just 'forms' of vegetarianism. But that's not even the issue in question.
Most vegetarians are of that leaning because of their respect for life. You cannot say they do that for health reasons and then turn around to say doing so is a taboo. Do you see my point? If it is taboo, then it is not for health reasons. I think the health part came about as a result of the animal right guys trying to convince people of the benefits of vegetarianism. Question is, are plant devoid of life?
The lame excuse of not being our specie is nothing short of wickedness for a supposed lover of life.
Do they feel pain? Ofcourse, you wouldn't know that. But one thing is for sure, they are conscious. Without this characteristic of consciousness they cannot be said to be alive!

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
Somebody should start speaking up for plant rights too.
Them sef get life na.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by 3ndy(f): 1:42am On Feb 13, 2013
kwangi: "Everyone see it their own way".
This is the point. Cook up an excuse to do whatever hypocritical thing they want to do!
plants are gifts to man! Is that a fact or that's what you choose to think?
People have different understanding or belief of what vegetarianism is. So, those ovi...this, vegan...that are just 'forms' of vegetarianism. But that's not even the issue in question.
Most vegetarians are of that leaning because of their respect for life. You cannot say they do that for health reasons and then turn around to say doing so is a taboo. Do you see my point? If it is taboo, then it is not for health reasons. I think the health part came about as a result of the animal right guys trying to convince people of the benefits of vegetarianism. Question is, are plant devoid of life?
The lame excuse of not being our specie is nothing short of wickedness for a supposed lover of life.
Do they feel pain? Ofcourse, you wouldn't know that. But one thing is for sure, they are conscious. Without this characteristic of consciousness they cannot be said to be alive!
i said some are vegeterians due to health reasons coz meaning in english others are vegeterians for chice
so what do u think?? are plants a gift to man or not?? if it wasn't it wouldn't have the important task of providing us oxygen and nutrients!
if we all have to respect every living thing we wouldn't have food on our table!! we wouldn't have a table.. we wouldn't even live!!! so we choose based on the theory of the strongest!! it is called food chain

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by 3ndy(f): 1:43am On Feb 13, 2013
kwangi: Somebody should start speaking up for plant rights too.
Them sef get life na.
then why u dey chop soup??
or gari!!
it comes from plant as well
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2013
3ndy:
i said some are vegeterians due to health reasons coz meaning in english others are vegeterians for chice
so what do u think?? are plants a gift to man or not?? if it wasn't it wouldn't have the important task of providing us oxygen and nutrients!
if we all have to respect every living thing we wouldn't have food on our table!! we wouldn't have a table.. we wouldn't even live!!! so we choose based on the theory of the strongest!! it is called food chain
Hahaaha... Plants are gifts to man because they provide you with oxygen
So, it follows that man is a gift to plant because man provides plant with carbondioxide!
My point is if you want to do something just do it. Don't give excuses! You cannot respect everything, so them animal right activists should give it a rest. They shouldn't try to make those who enjoy meat look bad because they are equally guilty of taking life which is what survival is all about.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2013
3ndy:
then why u dey chop soup??
or gari!!
it comes from plant as well
I was being sarcastic.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Bawss1(m): 1:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Buck vegetarianism.

Pass me that Teriyaki steak and chicken soup, I'll have it with some fried eggs and smoked fish.

grin
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
PLANTS DONT HAVE PAIN RECEPTORS
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
I do it for health reasons.. never knew people had such deeper reasons than that grin
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by tchaik(m): 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by tchaik(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
kwangi: Hahaaha... Plants are gifts to man because they provide you with oxygen
So, it follows that man is a gift to plant because man provides plant with carbondioxide!
My point is if you want to do something just do it. Don't give excuses! You cannot respect everything, so them animal right activists should give it a rest. They shouldn't try to make those who enjoy meat look bad because they are equally guilty of taking life which is what survival is all about.

Well said! Your reply reminded me of a Vegie that uses leather items made from animal skins! grin grin grin #hypocrites

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by snthesis(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
Actually life is in Blood,
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
snthesis: Actually life is in Blood,
LEVITICUS 17 VS 11
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by tchaik(m): 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: PLANTS DONT HAVE PAIN RECEPTORS

Please can you explain more. Cos I have heard of some plants that release foul odour when they are cut/trample on. What is the explanation?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
It's all hogwash jare. Plants like animals are living things too. My take is this, if i see a delicious meal, i will eat it, be it a veggie or steak.
The activists don't have any real basis for their arguement. It's just their preference. I will become a VEGAN the day LIONS start eating grass.

5 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by superior1: 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2013
snthesis: Actually life is in Blood,

According to your own Biology?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by azpekuliar: 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
If I say make I reply this OP, I no go even know where I go start from sef because e never even sabi the topic wey im post sef.

But I would start by asking you this, why do people even opt for a plant based diet in the first place? I just wonder where you dug that nonesense from, that people opt for a plant-based diet out of respect for life? WTF! shocked
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by bizlinks(m): 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
U na sabi.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by floriana(m): 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
Vegetarians eat fish.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hmm very intelligent post/arguments wow.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by cheleku(m): 7:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Plants dont have nervous systems. Though they respond to certain external stimuli like light, water and touch (few plants). I doubt if a plant can feel pains. The nervous system however, is found in all animals.
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Frostyzone(m): 7:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Some vegetarians are so hypocritical as to eat eggs and drink cow milk, while still condemning people with normal appetite from eating meats.

Maybe eggs and milk grows from trees apparently in their weeded minds.

Another of their hypocrisy that gets me everytime is seeing one wearing leather belt while claiming to be vegetarian.

When I saw one, I was like, so you don't eat meat but you 'd rather wear one, abi?

Some of those weirdos are so frackin hypocritical that.....I'm short of words, but you get my point, right?

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
obadiah777: PLANTS DONT HAVE PAIN RECEPTORS
Lol... That's not the point.
Anyways, how do you know this?
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by Symphony007: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
Being a vegetarian is'nt all about "respect for life" it's about health!!! It's about how unhealthy meat is. Do you know the medical condition of the animal that is killed for your meat? Do you know how much chemical and water polutions the fish and the sea food you eat has experienced? There are many reasons most vegetarians live far longer than others!!
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by azpekuliar: 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Frostyzone: Some vegetarians are so hypocritical as to eat eggs and drink cow milk, while still condemning people with normal appetite from eating meats.

Maybe eggs and milk grows from trees apparently in their weeded minds.

Another of their hypocrisy that gets me everytime is seeing one wearing leather belt while claiming to be vegetarian.

When I saw one, I was like, so you don't eat meat but you 'd rather wear one, abi?

Some of those weirdos are so frackin hypocritical that.....I'm short of words, but you get my point, right?

^^^
This man has never heard of the term 'lacto-vegetarian' before. What a shame! angry

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
kwangi: Somebody should start speaking up for plant rights too.
Them sef get life na.
u can start it. I call u a Plant Right Activist
Re: The Hypocrisy In Vegetarianism by azpekuliar: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
Symphony007: Being a vegetarian is'nt all about "respect for life" it's about health!!! It's about how unhealthy meat is. Do you know the medical condition of the animal that is killed for your meat? Do you know how much chemical and water polutions the fish and the sea food you eat has experienced? There are many reasons most vegetarians live far longer than others!!

My brother I'm just as astonished as you are at the level of ignorance on display on this thread. Gezus Krist! shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Women Better Cook Than Men? / What Is Iru And What Is It Used For? / World's Most Bizarre Drinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.