Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns (59530 Views)

Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' / Pope Benedict To Resign / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by pyyxxaro: 12:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
THIS POPE BOOT BE LIKE SAFETY O grin
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by elampiro(m): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
It's on the net yesterday.

A signal from above? Lightning hits St Peter's hours after Pope Benedict stuns cardinals with first resignation in 600 years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276884/Pope-Benedict-XVI-resigns-First-Pontiff-600-years-stand-longer-strength-carry-on.html?printingPage=true
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Symphony007: 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
This is'nt photoshop!! It's 100% real but it's a mere coincident!! There is an iron croos at the pinnacle of st. Peter's dome so it usually conducts lighting doing storms!! Simple!!
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Sweetapple007(f): 12:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
Even Jesus was mocked so am not supprise seeing how people react negatively to his present appostle ad genium chrstn.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by obicentlis: 12:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
I Love my Church, The Holy Roman Catholic Church!
I love the Mother of the Church, The Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin!
I love Jesus, The Only true Son of God!
I love the Holy Spirit, the Teacher!
I love the Abba Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth.

5 Likes

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
I like the Pope's pair of shoe...I know that I am not worthy to carry it. Forgive me Lord...I pray. Amen!
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Greatken007(m): 12:10pm On Feb 12, 2013
If this is true(which i know it cant b) that means d cameraman should be arrested for witchcraft.People ar more briliant nw than then...
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Greatken007(m): 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
What is the next news,am done wit this fiction
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Patuwa: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
Many of you here dont beleive that any good thing will come out of the Catholic Church. Even as the Church always speaks truth, some haters will always see something to say against her. Here is another very good link to this topic.

m.aol.com/weather/default/article.do?articleUrl=http://weather.aol.com/2013/02/11/photo-lightning-strikes-the-vatican/
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by feelxp(m): 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2013
Lightening happens in micro-second. Hw com u were able 2 snap it? U try sha 4 ur lie bt stil continue learning
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2013
A rampaging tornado ripping the vatican would have been a a good evidence of god's anger.I don't believe this one at all.

tongue
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Patuwa: 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
obicentlis: I Love my Church, The Holy Roman Catholic Church!
I love the Mother of the Church, The Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin!
I love Jesus, The Only true Son of God!
I love the Holy Spirit, the Teacher!
I love the Abba Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth.

I love your comment. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us!

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by iHustle(m): 12:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
You people calling it a Photoshop are talking like morons. The picture you see was taken from the video. There's a video of the lightening strike on BBC website. And I believe the strike is not a coincidence.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by papagiddy(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
yeah,saw it on bbc tv yestaday
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by razznaija(f): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by himclfgud(m): 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
OLD TESTAMENT grin
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by ichidodo: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
MY GOD, MY LORD THOU ART WORTHY OF MY PRAISE :-, HOSSANNA IN THE HIGHEST. lipsrsealed
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by razznaija(f): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
feelxp: Lightening happens in micro-second. Hw com u were able 2 snap it? U try sha 4 ur lie bt stil continue learning

Its a screen capture from a video.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by keneri(m): 12:25pm On Feb 12, 2013
The Lightning struck the Pope's St. Peter's Basilica dome yesterday evening for real. BBC News carried it. BUT I don't read any meaning to it anyways. See the video link here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21421810#TWEET597964

Follow: @awolamFX for realtime economic, financial and social commentaries.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by paparazzi1987(m): 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
Liar undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Parnassuss(m): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2013
Redmosquito:
This is faker than fake!
Even the pic proves it. Lightning is one fast phenomenon. Wat are the chances of the guy actually pointing his camera at the dome and anticipating a strike.
Haaaaa! So dumb fake! I think the photographer is actually trying to insult our IQ.

I'm reading some comments and I've had to modify my post for more clarification.
Pope retires on monday, there is no news of a storm or anything like that.
If there was a storm on that same day, the whole would know, trust me, they would take it as a sign.
A man sets his camera idly in front of the dome on the day that the pope retired, no storm and anything. And he catches pic of a lightning strike.
First of all, why did he point his cam at the dome on that prticular day?
He is a vatican photographer, what is there that he has not snapped a million times.
Or was he anticipating a strike in a clear weather?
The whole thing is boxed up, like a pack of dumb lies.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lightning-strikes-vatican-on-the-day-the-pope-1704295

Lol bros you strong oh! Do you think the Pope is the last air bender that he can call down lightening at will? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin You conspiracy strong gan, Sango in the vatican!!!!!

@Post, it happened. that's all there is to it.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by bleufaucon: 12:32pm On Feb 12, 2013
Whether it happened by chance there's a technology that can create weather conditions..ignorance is bliss indeed. If u even want an earthquake,it can be done artificially. See scaler electromagnetic force.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Metallurgist: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
Jaidey-one:
mumu if Jonathan was God sent then im sure he has gone astray.
Laughing in both swahilli and ijaw abeg no kill me ooo, u too much dear
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
Now i now Nigerian christians are drunk

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by hallyawwal: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2013
Bunch of liars
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Goldenheart(m): 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
Believe it or not
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by BukkyDan(f): 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
berem: because there was lightning on the St Peter basilica church, nairalanders are spewing trash! If this was to happen in Canaan Land,sango ota, they would say it is actually from God. That lightning you see there is no ordinary lightning believe it or not.

errrm...sorry, what has canaan land got to do with their comments?
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by badesco(m): 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
wetin concern agbero with overload, evenif God of Thunder strikes nobody cares.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by OluEmmaAss: 12:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ligtning is natural but how natural is it at this time and place?

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by BEMAN: 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
Plz do nt make comments jst bc u wnt a post. As for d lightening check BBC News

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) / Edo Lord's Chosen Members Storm The Roads For Their Publicity In Benin. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.