Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns (59513 Views)

Benedict XVI To Be Known As 'Pope Emeritus' / Pope Benedict To Resign / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by solomon111(m): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
berem: because there was lightning on the St Peter basilica church, nairalanders are spewing trash! If this was to happen in Canaan Land,sango ota, they would say it is actually from God. That lightning you see there is no ordinary lightning believe it or not.
haha.
So you believe this 'lightening' trash.
No wonder your views in the political section are often shocking and mind-boggling.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by daguru(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
ok,me i agree say thunder strike,oya OP interprete the meanng of the thunder,both on spiritual and physical levelz.......waiting
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
solomon111: haha.
So you believe this 'lightening' trash.
No wonder your views in the political section are often shocking and mind-boggling.
why won't i believe? just gimme one reason why i shouldn't think the lightning got nothing to do with Pope's resignation. then you want me to believe a Nigerian pastor drove a fueless car from Ore to Lagos. bullcrap!
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by MaziJero: 1:15pm On Feb 12, 2013
'lightning' the sun rose from the east on the day i was born and set in the west
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by PedroJP(m): 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
No source.please include the source
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by kcjazz(m): 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2013
In as much as this could make a good faith based story, the truth is the popes resignation was only announced yesterday but the decision has been made for quite a while. You think Cardinal Onaiyekan heard this yesterday?
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by nelxsantos(m): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
mayb 11/02/2013 s knwn as Resignatn day. As pope benedit nd S.Kechi tends their resigntn letter. Oops who else wan resign cos d rate f unemploymt wl decrease by 0.1% . K u dnt knw. . . .
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by DrDoGood1(m): 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
Lightening or tunder na them sabi.

But is Pope putting on safety shoe or what kind of boot is that
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Originalsly: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
Why in 2013 so many people believe someone has to be behind a camera to snap a picture? Even if the picture is real ... is it the first time lightning striking the building? And even if..how you figure it is a sign from God?.. and even if...is the sign good or bad? When good God sent manna....when bad as in Sodom and Gomorrah..He sent fire and brimstone...so if He now send lightning down on the pope hmmmm....hmmmm....go figure.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Orikinla(m): 1:28pm On Feb 12, 2013
What thou seeth meanth the old order changeth.
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by cabana(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
This is Nepa light joor.
Victichyoj: clap for yaself. dis thing look like lightenining
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by SamMilla1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2013
rodeo0070: Could be a real one sha! but with the present day technology, impossible is nothing...

You took it out of my mouth...
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by joeace2020(m): 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
GOOD DAY earthlings...we are wat u refer to as Aliens from a distant galaxy, we have watched your planet from afar for many many years even before you all came to being and we have come to believe you seem brilliant to yourselves but you all are outright dumb and gullible, accepting whatever is fed to you all because you fear what might happen to you if you question it, the messages of your religion, your leaders, your society have made you all worse than your ancestors thousands of years before you and things like this have made us lost hope in unifying our race without yours. Since we don't want a corruption of our mindset and belief's by your forsaken kindred we are proceeding with the extermination phase....please initiate Extermination of the human race from the earth and proceed to occupation!

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by harlos: 1:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
achi4u: What are you about to say?

photoshop?
looks like it's been captured from a film
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by delors(m): 1:59pm On Feb 12, 2013
This a fallacy called POST HOC ERGO PROPTER HOC...(meaning, witch cried yesterday, pikin peme today)...ask Hon Pat Obahiagbon...or google search it...nor be lie I swear! grin
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by luc26(f): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2013
Itz "glorified" and "israel" . Na wa ooo

quote author=achi4u]The God's appointed one.

The holy one of Nigeria(no longer Isearel) may your name be gloryfy

[/quote]
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by rodeo0070(m): 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2013
Sam Milla:

You took it out of my mouth...
You left your mouth wide open na.
LOL...
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Skenge98: 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
This is the sign of end time, The question is where are you going to spend your Eternity? Heaven or Hell? As for me and my family we will serve the Lord. How about you?
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Creatrixity(m): 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2013
Hehehe...another manufactured papal "sign"...what about st.patricks purgatory and other frauds..
Anyway,lightning is just a normal natural phenomenom,with those high steeples and what not...
And is supposed to mean something special?
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Krucifax(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
Greatken007: Na who b d person wen no say lightning wan happen wen he com wait snap am?On a serious note our basic physics made us to understant dat light travels faster than sound,hw comes dis snap shot(may b u no know d speed of light)lastly,Building of such should av ebonite rod 2 resist d effect of d lightning

Meaning you neither understand physics nor photography. How else do you think the thousands of lighting photos on the web were taken?

3ndy: no.. it it an unrelated picture existing since early 2000.. shame on you.
Thou shall not call or use the name of the almighty God in vain.

No you are very wrong,i read this on the Metro in London this morning,it was actually taken after he announced his intention to resign on the same day a few hours later!

Redmosquito: [b]
This is faker than fake!
Even the pic proves it. Lightning is one fast phenomenon. Wat are the chances of the guy actually pointing his camera at the dome and anticipating a strike.
Haaaaa! So dumb fake! I think the photographer is actually trying to insult our IQ.

I'm reading some comments and I've had to modify my post for more clarification.
Pope retires on monday, there is no news of a storm or anything like that.
If there was a storm on that same day, the whole would know, trust me, they would take it as a sign.
A man sets his camera idly in front of the dome on the day that the pope retired, no storm and anything. And he catches pic of a lightning strike.
First of all, why did he point his cam at the dome on that prticular day?
He is a vatican photographer, what is there that he has not snapped a million times.
Or was he anticipating a strike in a clear weather?
The whole thing is boxed up, like a pack of dumb lies.
Some say it was photographed, others say it was videod.
BBC uploads the video and another vatican photographer is claiming it?
Haaa! I need to chillax
[/b]

Another confused poster whether it's related to it or not is another matter. But it's not fake and it's also not difficult to snap lighting with an ordinary camera!
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by chuckcy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 12, 2013
BBC News - Lightning strikes St Peter's Basilica
as Pope resigns
VIDEO - 34 sec - www.bbc.co.uk
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
uihebom: You mean you guys bliv the picture, kaiiiii Nigerians are very razzzz. No wonder our politicians will promise us heaven and earth and we believe them. #photoshop. SMH
Dont mind them! Many people are so gullible, this is simply PHOTOSHOP!
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2013
IT WAS SANGO
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by patostation(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2013
obicentlis: I Love my Church, The Holy Roman Catholic Church!
I love the Mother of the Church, The Blessed Mary, Ever Virgin!
I love Jesus, The Only true Son of God!
I love the Holy Spirit, the Teacher!
I love the Abba Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth.

You guys cannot stop amusing us here. So the Roman Church is now "Holy"? Eeehn! Alright. And Mary who had many children after Jesus is still a virgin to you. Hmn! She is also no longer the "Mother of God" but now the "Mother of the Church". I see! And Jesus has been confirmed as "The Only true Son of God", not "God The Son" anymore. Well we are learning. And Holy Spirit is "Mr Teacher". Ok o! And after talking about all the "important persons", you 'kindly' and 'wisely' remembered "Abba Father". You dey try for your "holy" church. More grease to your elbows.

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by otokx(m): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
lies
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by lanreni: 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
its a sign people.d occult & d knowledgeable saints know what i say.one of d chained demons in hell descended into d grave of pope john paul II to arise with his body as d antichrist!! get ready for a great deception & the great tribulation!!! rejoice & b strong saints; ur REDEEMER cometh!!! shalom
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by shamson: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2013
chuckcy: BBC News - Lightning strikes St Peter's Basilica
as Pope resigns

NEWS

BBC photoshop lightning strikes vatican dome grin
chuckcy: BBC News - Lightning strikes St Peter's Basilica
as Pope resigns

NEWS

BBC photoshop lightning strikes vatican dome
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by elampiro(m): 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2013
A signal from above? Lightning hits St Peter's hours after Pope Benedict stuns cardinals with first resignation in 600 years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276884/Pope-Benedict-XVI-resigns-First-Pontiff-600-years-stand-longer-strength-carry-on.html?printingPage=true
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by elampiro(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2013
Lightning bolt hit Vatican not once but TWICE hours after Pope's shock resignation

By Paul Cockerton  |  12 Feb 2013 12:58

Lightning struck the Vatican not once but TWICE - hours after Pope Benedict XVI's shock resignation.

The spooky moment, believed by some, to be a sign from God, was caught on camera by AFP photographer Filippo Monteforte.

Today he described how he took the incredible image which has been beamed all over the world.

He said: "I took the picture from St. Peter’s Square while sheltered by the columns. It was icy cold and raining sheets. When the storm started, I thought that lightning might strike the rod, so I decided it was worth seeing whether – if it DID strike – I could get the shot at exactly the right moment.”

Filippo, armed with a 50mm lens, waited for more than two hours and was rewarded for his patience with not one but two bolts.

He added: “The first bolt was huge and lit up the sky, but unfortunately I missed it. I had better luck the second time, and was able to snap a couple of images of the dome illuminated by the bolt.”  

The lightning touched the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, one of the holiest Catholic churches, after the Pope's shock admission he lacks strength to do the job.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lightning-bolt-hit-vatican-not-1705156
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by CGKing(m): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2013
Ina don come again o. Ok meaning what now? Heaven they vex?
Re: Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
one of my one million new yr resolutions which I've not kept is dat in cases of posts like this dat I'l never comment. God plz I dey ur hand, save me incase U become angry cos of wat is happening in this planet now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Lord's Chosen Members Storm The Roads For Their Publicity In Benin. Photos / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.