Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow (10587 Views)

Governors Ask Review Revenue Sharing Formula / Ibrahim Magu Meets Wole Soyinka To Discuss How To Fight Corruption - Photos / South East Loses Out In NASS Leadership Sharing Formula Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Mogidi: 1:48am On Feb 13, 2013
PointB: When strange bedfellows gather to share Niger Delta Oil national treasury, you'll be amaze the kind of tools they produce at the sharing fair to cut their own piece of the pie.

Some go to the sharing ground with forks, some with knives or spoons. Yet still other emerge from the shadow with cutlass, hoes, spades and shovels, all in the spirit of loots sharing.

Anyway, I wish Awusa People's Congress er, em- A P C fair sharing. I pray they at least keep some for the next generation of looters, like the ones before them did. Above all, I hope they make me eat my words.

Share well!

Wow!! Great observation
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by lagcity(m): 4:43am On Feb 13, 2013
The 40 laptoppers can scream and kick as they like, this Tsunami will sweep you all away. You goons are scared of change and will do everything to keep the status quo. Well, you aren't the only sacred ones, this scenario plays out all over the world. When APC/Buhari is done with you vagabonds, the Chinese cultural revolution would be child's play. You guys make me sick.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by manosteel(m): 6:01am On Feb 13, 2013
tomakint: I can assure you the steam APC is trying hard to gather now, would become lukewarm before the next Presidential elections, they are all bunch of clowns - the same naa niii!!! cool
I feel the same way. Greediness is what will tear them apart, there are lots of individuals interest in the merger. Okorocha from APGA, Buhari from CPC, then Tinubu and his boys from ACN, eyeing the sole socket, who will step down for the other, just hope they will prove all of us wrong.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by bashydemy(m): 6:50am On Feb 13, 2013
manosteel: I feel the same way. Greediness is what will tear them apart, there are lots of individuals interest in the merger. Okorocha from APGA, Buhari from CPC, then Tinubu and his boys from ACN, eyeing the sole socket, who will step down for the other, just hope they will prove all of us wrong.
Well as for Tinubu that i know, He is not really interested in Power, All he want is to make sure Power shift from PDP to other parties to put some strong PDP , OBJ, Bode George and there likes. As far as i am concern, 2003 disaster is still hurting him so bad.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by rhymz(m): 7:08am On Feb 13, 2013
Eko Atlantic#:
grin cheesy grin

cheesy
All iboz on this forum that doesn't agree with this are the minority iboz, they are less important shocked grin cool

Rochas is the best governor in S/E and he his under a yoruba party.

If you like nack you head for wall, we've been ruling and we will forever rule cool
At least you have just unknowingly told us the truth, APC is just another Yoruba party, right? No wonder they are already having issues even before they start. As long as people like you are card carrying members of such a party, the party will continue to wallow in self-service and parochial tribal shenanigans.
As much as I want a strong opposition to the PDP, and trust most Igbos do, the APC does not seem like it if it continues to fashion itself as a party owned by a tribe or region. PDP is good at not making such mistakes, you newbies can learn a thing or two from them after all.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Gbawe: 7:09am On Feb 13, 2013
As usual, I see the same set of bigoted fools laughing at their own ignorance here mocking deliberate and focused efforts while introducing ethnicity into everything. They told us yesterday that the ACN is a Yoruba Party and the CPC and ANPP are Northern Parties. Now they have merged as APC, with even a faction of the APGA involved, we are still hearing the bigots shouting illogically and insanely that the APC is a "Yoorobu" Party or that it is an "Aboki" Party. Is it not only die-hard bigots and mad men who will continue to tag a Party with ethnicity when, factually, that Party has members from virtually every corner of Nigeria?

Is it not amazing to see what unthinking hatred can do to the mind? Hateful bigots should keep making this about "aboki" and "Yarobus". One of the worst and most "self-sabotaging" quality any man can possess is the sort of blind hatred that makes him oblivious to what he is doing wrong and renders him totally unwilling to take lessons from others to improve his own situation.

We know Nairaland is the home of hateful bigots who enjoy dancing around making a fool of themselves and celebrating their hollow hatred of others but the world outside this forum is still a place where some , regardless of ethnic affiliation, say the truth and analyse issues properly and pertinently as done below.

So, Messrs Bigots, carry on hating others, laughing at deliberate effort and setting negative examples that only ruin your own younger generation and forge them in the unhelpful and pointless hatred that has blighted your own life and rendered you far less effective than you should be. Some are laying down strategy for the future while the myopic bigot is busy needlessly alienating and antagonising others shouting "aboki" and "Yarobbus" Party without even having the foresight to plan for eventualities and scenarios. Sad. Very sad and very immature.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-north-igbo-jonathan-and-2015/139276/

The North, Igbo, Jonathan and 2015

12 Feb 2013

Amidst the gathering campaign for a president of Igbo extraction in 2015, Emmanuel Onwe examines the factors that will facilitate or inhibit the realisation of the dream.

A Goodluck Jonathan presidency beyond 2015 will defer a potential Igbo presidency to 2027 or, more realistically, 2039. It’s blatantly clear that President Jonathan will not handover the presidential seal to an Igbo man either in 2015 or 2019. Anyone who entertains the notion that he is thus disposed is in a delusionary state.

Rational people who place stock by reality now accept that the upcoming presidential contest will be a straight battle between the Ijaw nation, superbly and preferentially led by President Jonathan, and the North, led by no one at the moment. The authentic power broker, sitting pretty in the middle, is the West, occasionally rancorous but strategically led by Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu. But who leads the East in this political coliseum?

President Jonathan will need to sustain the broad coalition that propelled him to victory in 2011 in order to retain the presidency in 2015. This means that he must count on the seven Northern states that he carried in 2011 plus five Western states, five Eastern states to add to his six South-South states to prevail again. The margin for error is razor-thin, given the constitutional requirements. The 19 northern states gave Jonathan over 8.3 million votes or 37.1% of the total votes allocated to him in 2011.

This reality, augmented by demography and a Boko Haram-altered realpolitik, exposes President Jonathan’s electoral indebtedness in degrees. The North is first in line for his reciprocal support - a gesture that, some might argue, carries greater credibility than the intellectually feeble and anti-democratic politics of “zoning” or arbitrary power-concession. The debt he owes to the North must be repaid. And it will take precedence over all others. The only question is: which presidential election cycle – 2015 or 2019?

Thereafter, both the East and the West will have a competing claim to the presidency. And no thoughtful Nigerian will bet on the East prevailing in that competition, given the customary chaos that often defines its politics. So, it could be a man or woman from the West in 2023 or 2027. It will, then, take a national wave of pity to deliver the presidency to the East in 2039 – in the unlikely event that there occurs a national awakening whereby an Igbo cause is recognised as worthy of national sympathy.

Consider a different scenario, decoupled from the PDP’s internal arrangements. If the proposed merger of the main opposition parties were to deliver the presidency to the North with a Vice President from the West in 2015, we might, to all intents and purposes, have a president from the West in 2023. This presents a genuinely viable prospect for 2015. CPC or its successor in title will simply need to repeat its solid performance in the twelve states it won during the 2011 presidential cycle.

A switch of support by ACN from PDP to CPC will give the alliance 20 states, excluding Edo State, which might most unlikely go against Jonathan, but including Ondo State, which will remain dependably progressive. Again, fortune will befall the West because its political leadership is smart and possesses a first class understanding of the dynamics of Nigerian politics. No sane and fair minded Nigerian will begrudge them.

The Igbo scenario is rather more complicated, abetted by the indifference of a fiercely self-reliant but disillusioned population which has grown to see all central governments as fundamentally anti-Igbo and its own leaders as merchants of self-interest. Unlike the West, where there exists a viable and confident opposition to the centre, the new conservative politics of the East is generally pro-Jonathan, with a residual sceptical and progressive elements operating at the fringes. To this extent, therefore, its path to the presidency is extremely circumscribed.
The All Progressives Grand Alliance could be the vehicle that contains the essential ingredients for a cross-Niger coalition. But APGA controls only two states and is currently under the ruinous grip of its own internal contradictions. Within the PDP itself, it’s inconceivable that any candidate who stands against President Jonathan in a contest for the Igbo delegates votes will fare any better than former Vice President Atiku Abubakar in the 2011 presidential primaries - unless there is a radical shift in emphasis to Igbo-specific priorities.

Bowling for Idealism and Democracy
This brings me to a personal declaration: I am entitled to speak on this matter not just because I am a bona fide citizen and a progressive Igbo man, but because I have paid my dues and earned the right to take a stand.

The PDP presidential primaries dawned only 6 months after I took oath of office as a senator representing Ebonyi Central Senatorial District, having spent the previous three and a half years in court battles to claim my mandate – a story for another occasion. I witnessed, from the front-row, how the weeks prior to the primary election exposed the disarray and total absence of a centre of gravity in Igbo politics. To quote the late Bashoroun MKO Abiola, “We are damaged!”

I have, since June 2010, been constant and consistent in defending President Jonathan’s right to contest the presidential election. Not only has our constitution conferred on him that fundamental right, but the personal sacrifice which he was called upon to make was grossly unfair and unjustified.

With what explanation would he return to the Ijaw people? With what logic would he make them see the wisdom in walking away from the presidency - an office to which they may never have another opportunity to lay a claim for at least a generation? And the only lesson he could glean from history was a sobering and dissuasive one: the last man to voluntarily relinquish the top office in Nigeria ended up flirting with poverty and ultimately wound up in jail.

I was therefore resistant to the entrenched PDP tyranny of corralling everyone to play a minor role in the coronation of a candidate. This was not naive. Rather, I took my one step where a million steps needed to be taken. Those who failed, those who were truly naive, were those who, when called to a duty greater than service to self, failed to take their one step. Igbos must recognise that only those who dare to lose greatly can achieve greatly and that power concedes absolutely nothing without a demand.

Planning for Oblivion

[b]The prevailing attraction to readymade power testifies to a growing political culture of self-sabotage, individual greed and the absence of foresight among many in the Igbo community. It’s a clear path to political oblivion.

The West presents a sharp contrast to this attitude. When a Yoruba man had presidential power thrust on him in 1999, Yoruba people, rightly suspicious of the machinations that brought about that state of affairs, contemptuously delivered a crushing defeat to the PDP in the West, coalesced around the Action for Democracy as a deliberate measure in asserting their regional autonomy and projecting a unique vision of their proud place in Nigeria. When they were duped and almost crippled in 2003, they took the hard knock with exemplary courage, returned to the drawing board and rebounded in a most spectacular fashion in 2011.

Thus, Senator Tinubu, the national leader of ACN, emerged as the most significant power broker in this nation since the era of military hegemony. But in order to lead this renaissance, Lagos State paid a particularly heavy political price. The leadership of the West remained resolute, understood the task at hand, and had a winning strategy and foresight. If the West continues in this manner, it will ultimately become the dominant force in Nigerian democratic power play for a generation to come.
[/b]

A Fractured North
No northern Muslim presidential candidate of any major political party can ever again count on the 19 northern states as a monolithic electoral route to power. Those days are gone. It’s now clear, thanks in equal measure to a massive shift in generational consciousness and the Boko Haram insurgency that peripheral northern states such as Plateau, Taraba and Benue would almost always consider their positions very carefully. In between these three, Kogi and Kwara states present a required further study and the next presidential election cycle will furnish additional information to reach a more considered conclusion.

Regardless of whatever variables you may wish to take into consideration (including, undoubtedly, rigging, electoral corruption and a disgraceful INEC), the new science of the politics of the North is evolving, and its implications for Nigerian politics are seismic.

Triumph of the Ijaw Nation
Since the execution of Ken Saro-Wiwa on 10 November, 1995, the people of the Niger Delta generally, and the Ijaw nation particularly, have upped their game and have played an absolute blinder in the crucible of Nigerian politics. More than any other minority group in historical and contemporary Nigerian politics, they articulated a coherent case of injustice and exploitation that was as persuasive as it was compelling. Consequently, they have, unequivocally, emerged as the supreme advocates for minority rights.

Admittedly, bullets and bombs might have aided the cause but those were, arguably, the desperate measures that arose from desperate circumstances.

Their demands, be it in connection with resource control or control of the prime political office in the land, have always appeared legitimate and just. Whether their tone was strident or measured, they have had a consistent and unified message. Their plights and their aspirations were heard in foreign capitals across the globe. Occasionally, their causes were even adjudicated at the highest levels of the United States’ judicature, with unprecedented success. Their political operation was so smooth it almost legitimised the violent militant component.

The Ijaw people are unrelenting. Their current sleek, forceful and cacophonous “operation 2015” has driven some senior northern politicians to distraction, some to secret endorsement of the President’s 2015 ambition from far away foreign capitals, and the Igbos to acquiescent silence. Many Nigerians have been utterly astonished by some of the public utterances coming from respected figures from northern Nigeria.

Friendship Forged in Blood
No tribe in Nigeria has a better, albeit incomplete, knowledge of the people of northern Nigeria than do the Igbo tribe. I have travelled extensively and lived nomadically in northern Nigeria and, to my amazement, found Igbo people in their droves in the most unlikely nooks and remotest crannies of the region. Many had become acculturated, even while retaining their fundamental Christian indoctrination. Among the Kanuris of Borno State, I found the most honourable, decent, generous, spiritually devoted and patriotic Nigerians. And this is precisely why the Boko Haram phenomenon, with its roots in this noble warrior land of the Kanem, is utterly bewildering.

The Igbos must not only raise their collective voices but must be at the forefront in condemning the atrocities of Boko Haram; but we must do so without holding the generality of northern Muslims liable for the excesses of a small criminal bunch. Igbos have predictably, suffered immense losses. But, as the violence soars, as the casket counts escalate and a repetition of the ugly history of abandoned property looms, let us remain constant in our covenant with the Lord. This moment calls for the strength of our example. Let us respond by channeling the flow of our kin’s blood to a purpose greater than ourselves, greater than retribution and, certainly, greater than the warped aspirations of those who seek to murder us.

In the broad sweep of history, 2015 would be seen as the year that defined the politics of modern Nigeria and its democracy for the next half century. Those who caution that this is not the appropriate time to discuss the politics of 2015 are being disingenuous. Yes, it is, perhaps, not the time to launch candidacies or open campaign offices, but it sure as hell is the time to engage on the potential dynamics of 2015 – not the apocalyptic year of disintegration but the year for the realisation or strengthening of democratic solidarities and the reciprocity principle.

Let us engage- East and North. If we struggled and failed, history’s verdict would be less than harsh. After all, if President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua had lived, he would right now be in the second year of the second tenure of his presidency which would probably have given way to a James Ibori presidency in 2015. That in turn would have terminated in 2023, leading to another northern presidency all the way to 2031. But the Igbo marginalisation is not, apparently, ordained by God. The fault, Ndigbo, is not in our stars.
*Onwe is the Director of Operations, National and Diaspora, Njiko Igbo

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by davesndy: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2013
Victor M: ACP has no ideaology just like PDP and any other party we have seen in this country presently.
The only language they know is SHARE. sad
Open your eyes Nigeria! These people aren't any different from Pdp they are ttrying to remove from office. For God sake see their profiles. Just power hungry fellows. No talks on how to make the nation work, just how to get to power
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by bashydemy(m): 7:51am On Feb 13, 2013
davesndy:
Open your eyes Nigeria! These people aren't any different from Pdp they are ttrying to remove from office. For God sake see their profiles. Just power hungry fellows. No talks on how to make the nation work, just how to get to power
Why did you just jump into conclusion on a party that is less than a week old. Some people are just so stewpid to just try to tarnish the image of others all for the sage of tribe or little peanut they receive from PDP

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by OrigamiIII: 8:03am On Feb 13, 2013
Fisherman.com:
Awusa people congress+Yoruba tribalism=APC

Ndigbo should this time avoid self allienation.Should rather allign with the evolving mainstream politics.
The north is fed up GEJ and is well prepared to move their single block vote to APC.PDP would be left only for the South South and SE.Will such a SS/SE vote win the presidency?
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by VictorM(m): 8:10am On Feb 13, 2013
franchizy:

You that have idealogy or ur father, what ve u people contributed to move d country forward. Four parties merged and offcourse shud share the National leadership position to be at equalibrumto avoid any of d party been cheated. They are also expected to come up wit there manifisto and constitution /agreement which wil make d merger a success. You just rant rubbish as if u and ur father can make a difference if given d opportunity. Mtcheeeeeeew

I hate joining issues with illiterates who come out with fake names and abuse people cause they don't have any point to make., the bedrock of any party is idealogy, during the time of NPN and NPP, there was idealogy in the political party system. i'm sure you don't know about that. This is not the first time we are seeing political parties merge in nigeria so wats the fuss about this afterall its just the same old wine in a new bottle. If you want to argue, do that with reference not abuse. We are all here to share ideas but people like you are diverting the whole purpose as if its a thug of war.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Gbawe: 8:11am On Feb 13, 2013
davesndy:

Is that the real truth or just your own myopically unfair and dismissive judgement? They have only being a Party for some days yet we hear of free education and other things. Why not give them a chance to harmonise and announce their policies before writing them off pessimistically and lying to validate your negative stance? How sensible is it to conclude that the APC, consisting of so many innately brilliant individuals like Utomi and Fayemi, will not "talk on how to make the Nation work"?

Also,why is it that some of you make the merger about the negative names but you have nothing to say about how , perhaps more so than at any other time in our history, there are far more undisputed Nigerian good guys on the side of the APC than bad? You all say you want merit to drive Nigeria. Now that the best achievers, technocrats, proven public officials and political thinkers are part of this merger you are still muttering the inane "they are no different to the PDP". Will sensible folks pessimistically make this about the few decampees from the PDP or get excited that so many good guys and talented Nigerians have finally united under one platform to challenge a Party that has regressed Nigeria for 14 years?

What do you people really want?

To me, talks here just reveals what many Nigerians have become i.e a people who make everything about the negatives and see everything as destined to fail. We are even prepared to lie to ourselves in the process and deliberately blind ourselves to what is glaringly obvious. It is only bad-belle, clannish and insecere folks, never on the side of the merger to begin with, who will make the APC about the relatively small number of past PDP members rather than the many, many valiant and brilliant Nigerians involved with the APC.

I have to ask, are Nigerians blind? For the one Ikimi there is Ribadu, Utomi, Fayemi, Fashola, Okorocha, Oshiomhole, Fola Adeola, Balarabe Musa etc,etc, etc, etc. Yet you people insist on saying the small number of Ikimis present will define the Party How do Nigerians think? Na curse?

Overall, if you are genuinely objective, Why not strengthen our democracy by waiting for the new Party to be up to speed and then asking them the questions relating to what their plans are instead of ridiculously claiming they are not talking about how to move the nation forward? Some of you should just have the uprightness of character to openly pitch your tent with the PDP instead of uttering cynical statements that makes no sense at all when put to the test of simple logic.

APC promises free education, social democracy as it rolls out strategy committees
Premium Times
Published: February 12,2013

The newly formed All Progressives Congress, APC, has said it will provide free education if elected at the federal level.
The party stated this on Tuesday at the end of the meeting of its 10 governors in Abuja.
The 10 governors, drawn from members of the four parties that merged to form the APC, are Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Tanko Almakura (Nassarawa), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe) and Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara).
Adressing journalists after the meeting, Mr. Almakura said the priorities of the new party would be agricultural development, job creation, free education, affordable healthcare, infrastructural development, adequate power supply, eradication of poverty, war against corruption, rapid technological advancement and industrialisation.
“We shall pride ourselves as social democrats that are committed to organising our society based on the values of justice for all and individual freedom where everyone’s basic needs are fulfilled,” he said.

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by VictorM(m): 8:16am On Feb 13, 2013
davesndy:

I don't know when Nigerians will learn.., as far as im concerned they just want power. No good intentions. No blue print on how to move this country forward. God help us!!!
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:18am On Feb 13, 2013
well well... the cockroaches are crawling out of the woodwork now grin grin sharing formula so now we know what their true intentions are.. this is the same move PDP made following the NADECO MDD experiment. you can change the monkey but he is still a primate. the genes of corruption flow still in this APC conundrum
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 8:36am On Feb 13, 2013
kettykings: The Title should have read Muslim Brotherhood meets tomorrow to Determine how they will share Niger Delta Oil Wealth

I'm sure dis are pdp guys paid to monitor wat's going on here on NL. Nigerians are tired of pdp ang Gej.all we're saying we need change, let give change a chance!

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Onlytruth(m): 8:42am On Feb 13, 2013
Oya, I'm here with my pitchfork. Where is my own share?! cheesy grin
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Gbawe: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2013
bashy_demy: Why did you just jump into conclusion on a party that is less than a week old. Some people are just so stewpid to just try to tarnish the image of others all for the sage of tribe or little peanut they receive from PDP

Indeed. I just wish some would have the decency of character and honesty to just declare support for the PDP instead of making statements that defy logic. I would honestly respect anyone who says "I support the PDP and believe it to be a better option" rather than those who come out with all manner of garbage just to "tarnish the image" of the new Party.

First of all, the APC is not "the same as the PDP". The APC hosting a few ex-PDP members does not make that statement true. The fact non of us can deny is that many, many undisputed good guys in Nigeria have united under the APC. Those who have excelled in public and private office are now with the APC. Are we not the same people who say we want Nigeria administered by the most meritoriously talented? Why make it about the few former PDP members and not the many achievers and talented leaders who also members of the APC?

Secondly, how can a reasonable person damn a Party because they have no 'book' in place , circulated to every Nigerian, detailing their plan a few days after formation?

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2013
Victor M:

I don't know when Nigerians will learn.., as far as im concerned they just want power. No good intentions. No blue print on how to move this country forward. God help us!!!
Now I believe u guys brains lives btw ur two legs. With all pdp has done to dis nation for d past 14yrs do u still need any1 to preach to u 2 give change a chance??

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 8:53am On Feb 13, 2013
Gbawe:

Is that the real truth or just your own myopically unfair and dismissive judgement? They have only being a Party for some days yet we hear of free education and other things. Why not give them a chance to harmonise and announce their policies before writing them off pessimistically and lying to validate your negative stance? How sensible is it to conclude that the APC, consisting of so many innately brilliant individuals like Utomi and Fayemi, will not "talk on how to make the Nation work"?

Also,why is it that some of you make the merger about the negative names but you have nothing to say about how , perhaps more so than at any other time in our history, there are far more undisputed Nigerian good guys on the side of the APC than bad? You all say you want merit to drive Nigeria. Now that the best achievers, technocrats, proven public officials and political thinkers are part of this merger you are still muttering the inane "they are no different to the PDP". Will sensible folks pessimistically make this about the few decampees from the PDP or get excited that so many good guys and talented Nigerians have finally united under one platform to challenge a Party that has regressed Nigeria for 14 years?

What do you people really want?

To me, talks here just reveals what many Nigerians have become i.e a people who make everything about the negatives and see everything as destined to fail. We are even prepared to lie to ourselves in the process and deliberately blind ourselves to what is glaringly obvious. It is only bad-belle, clannish and insecere folks, never on the side of the merger to begin with, who will make the APC about the relatively small number of past PDP members rather than the many, many valiant and brilliant Nigerians involved with the APC.

I have to ask, are Nigerians blind? For the one Ikimi there is Ribadu, Utomi, Fayemi, Fashola, Okorocha, Oshiomhole, Fola Adeola, Balarabe Musa etc,etc, etc, etc. Yet you people insist on saying the small number of Ikimis present will define the Party How do Nigerians think? Na curse?

Overall, if you are genuinely objective, Why not strengthen our democracy by waiting for the new Party to be up to speed and then asking them the questions relating to what their plans are instead of ridiculously claiming they are not talking about how to move the nation forward? Some of you should just have the uprightness of character to openly pitch your tent with the PDP instead of uttering cynical statements that makes no sense at all when put to the test of simple logic.

God bess you!!!

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 9:02am On Feb 13, 2013
kettykings:

you that has read the story should have come up with your own personal comment besides commenting on the comment of another person who did or did not read the story.

How much was given to u by d pdp to do all dis?money dat will not last ur second genaration. Wake up!we need a change olodo,onijekuje, ole!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2013
badesco: They are birds of strange fellows which can never agree. so i do not expect useful outing.

Which one be "Birds of strange fellows" again?
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 9:09am On Feb 13, 2013
SlyIg: They will never smell that seat!
Infact, they should be meeting to plan how they will pay up the debt after the election expenses. Nonesenze...
Before the money go reach my poor remote village, na apology!

Now I see ur not tired of ur poor situation, d manner @ which to reason and talk u're poor in d brain. Don't u ever think of change after 14yrs of retrogression rule of pdp?

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 9:14am On Feb 13, 2013
teskyg: So it is all about sharing formular.No clear manifesto.Buhari,let it be know to you that the day you choose to romance with Tinubu,that was the day you tarnish what was left of your hard earn intergrity.You have lost it.

Shut up!!! olodou just open ur mouth and talk without ant traces of sense in ur talk common wake up we need change. Enough of pdp rule.

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 9:18am On Feb 13, 2013
tomakint: Very funny........ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy if dem like make dem do pass meeting, sharing, slapping, chair-throwing and the likes my JONATHAN will still flog this VOLTRON! O ti sure ju! cool By the way, make I go play with my dog; a-one, a-two.....
-
I see...d way @ which u talk makes me believe u belong u to dog species. Eranko(anuofia)
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by VictorM(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2013
tolsaac:
Now I believe u guys brains lives btw ur two legs. With all pdp has done to dis nation for d past 14yrs do u still need any1 to preach to u 2 give change a chance??

Don't know why people cant talk in Nairaland without abuse.., its like this place is for rascals and thugs. Anyway, giving a dog another name does not make it a lion.(ACP). Is it Buhari and Tinubu that are going to bring the change? Hell no!! There have not been any manifesto or blueprint on how their are going to tackle corruption cause all are corrupt just like PDP. So at this point the devil you know is better than the angle you do do not know...
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by tolsaac: 9:31am On Feb 13, 2013
valicious1:
The fact is that people like you always
keeps on underestimating the power of
PDP. Their is absolutely no way you can
compare PDP with a.p.c. PDP is a giant,
its just like comparing …
commercial banks with the central
bank,
The president with state governors
Nollywood with hollywood
Ecowas with united nations
Madonna university with cambridge
Keke napep with phantom rolls royce
Chief of your village with queen
Elizabeth ii
Osuofia with denzel washington
Ghana with Nigeria
Taye taiwo with donald duke
Nokia 3310 with BB porche
Terry G with rick ross
You with me
Eyah sorry, now I realise ur brains are under ur two feets.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by bashydemy(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2013
Victor M:

Don't know why people cant talk in Nairaland without abuse.., its like this place is for rascals and thugs. Anyway, giving a dog another name does not make it a lion.(ACP). Is it Buhari and Tinubu that are going to bring the change? Hell no!! There have not been any manifesto or blueprint on how their are going to tackle corruption cause all are corrupt just like PDP. So at this point the devil you know is better than the angle you do do not know...
SMH for you, So you want less than a week old party formed by different people from different culture and from all part of the geopolitical zone to just come up with there blue print and manifesto same day? you are the likes that they use to lie to. Dont you think the part need time to sit on a round table and make necessary plan and what they both want for the country and make some agreement? Well for me i believe we are about 4 different parties coming together to form just 1 party and they all have there blue prints and manifesto before they merge and its gonna be a different Agenda. So they need time to sit down and make some necessary agreement on office holder and also bring there various manifesto on table and look into it and agree on what they all want for the country. So are you people saying you are more wiser than Pat Utomi, Ikimi, Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola, Oshiomole, Okorocha, El Rufai etc?
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Mukaz: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2013
APC is here to stay haters should go to Mali and Iraq if they like tongue

2 Likes

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Elueme: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2013
Meeting to devise a means to share our common wealth. I shake my head for these hawks.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by skyfall: 12:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
PDP said they're not fazed by the APC alliance but their actions say otherwise. Interesting!
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Gbawe: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
Elueme: Meeting to devise a means to share our common wealth. I shake my head for these hawks.

Can you use 100% logic and 0% sentiment to prove this assertion you make glibly? We are to believe the many socially responsible politicians who have never soiled themselves with garish materialism are now part of the APC to "share our commonwealth"?

Some of us should start asking ourselves questions that will make us realize we may be very damaged goods in comparison to others, worldwide, who still have the sanity and unity to see what matters the most, for their nation.

be my guest making issues about the few PDP decampees rather than men like Ribadu, the PDP does not have a match for, who used a $15 million bribe against the giver (Ibori) rather than simply pocket it and "share our commonwealth". Ribadu could cynically enrich himself and become a billionaire 'shaking down' corrupt Nigerians like Aondoakaa did and as Adoke Bello is doing.

Can any of you see Femi Falana, certain to be an influential member of the APC,simply dumping everything he has always stood for, including spending time in jail for Nigeria, to fit your ridiculous "they all want to share our wealth" theory that would see him extorting everything that moves like Aondoakaa and Adoke Bello?

It says a lot about the warped innate character and subjugated perception of many Nigerians that some make the APC about folks like Ikimi, that Nigeria has a lot of, and Not men like Ribadu, Fayemi, Fashola, Oshiomhole, Utomi, Falana, Okorocha et al that Nigeria seriously needs more of.

1 Like

Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Though i've always held the opinion that there's no difference between PDP and other political parties but i think i'lll give APC a chance.
Re: APC Meets To Discuss Sharing Formula Tommorow by Jarus(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
instaforex ngr: why is the Labour Party not among this merger?

Because it is an arm of PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Empowers 2200 Women In Kano With Entrepreneurial Skills (photos) / See Official Vehicle Of NANS President.We Are Deceiving Ourselve InThis Country / Hon. Kasarachi Enyinna Joins Governorship Race, Decries Weak Leadership In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.