Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,370 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

.... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / .... (1580 Views)

True Story... Please Read / Real Camping! (short Story) Please Read / My Own Book Review, Please Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by kay9(m): 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2008
...deleted.
Re: .... by kay9(m): 6:44pm On Mar 13, 2008
-
Re: .... by TrueBrit: 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2008
Surely people have to read the book before they can rate it
Re: .... by SMC(f): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2008
I do not know about others, but I cannot rate a book until I have read it first. The problem I find with many books by Nigerian writers that are marketed here in the UK is that the authors are priced out of the market. I try to support my country people but I will NOT pay over and above the odds. Now if you will kindly tell me where I could buy the book in the UK (not an e-copy as I can't stand these) or any genuine renowned online site where I can pay in Pounds Sterling (and not have any conversion done from Dollars that would end up ripping me off) and have the book dispatched to me. I must add though that I will not pay more than £8.00 as I have a monthly fictional book allowance of £15.00 and that makes up more than half of it.

To be honest, the first time you mentioned the book here, I was a little put off by the name (It sounds quite Igboish - I am not saying that is bad or otherwise, It just did not attract me). You know what they say about giving a dog a bad name. . . . .  lipsrsealed
Re: .... by kay9(m): 9:14am On Mar 14, 2008
@ SMC: You can buy the book from lulu.com; its a geniune site. They published it for me, and I have ordered and received 2 copies from them already (hard copies, not e-books). Just follow the link www.lulu.com/content/1073134

@ True Brit: There's a preview of the book there (at the book's webpage). Just follow the link above.

Thanks for showing interest guys. You won't regret buying it smiley
Re: .... by SMC(f): 8:31pm On Mar 14, 2008
I saw the Lulu site, but it is a dollar site which always shortchanges me when ever I use my credit card as the conversion rates are crap and I end up sometimes getting charged for the foreign transaction. Isn't there a British site that carries the book? That way if the book is a certain amount, I can be sure that that is all I will get charged without any hidden extras.
Re: .... by kay9(m): 9:55am On Mar 15, 2008
@SMC: I'll check with Lulu for a site that sells their books in Pound Sterlings, or a branch of theirs in UK. Thanks for checking out the site though. I hope you tell your friends about it. What do think of the preview?

@Nairalanders: Please, please, please,  Ok, i know i'm begining to sound like a jerk, but, really i can't help it. If you are readiing this, just help me promote my book by checking out the preview at lulu.com/content/1073134.  In case you want to know, the book is an epic set in precolonial Nigeria. You don't have to buy if you don't want, please BUY, BUY,BUY!
Re: .... by kay9(m): 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2008
@ SMC: You can purchase the book in Pounds, but you will have to open an account with lulu first (its free) and set your currency to pounds sterling. Then you can login, browse for the book and order for it. I hope it's not too much stress.
But if you want, I can purchase and send the book to you. When you receive the book, you can then reimburse me. If you prefer it that way, send your address to me: kc_infiniti@yahoo.com. (Look, I'm straight, ok? I'm not a "Yahoozee" guy, I won't play any monkey tricks with your addie.) I only hope the long process won't put you off.

@Nairalanders: please, please, help me promote my novel. Just go to www.lulu.com/content/1073134 and preview the book (It's titled "OBODODIKE: Land of the Brave"). Or just mail the address to all your friends. Thanks a zillion!!
Re: .... by SMC(f): 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2008
I have bought the book about an hour ago. It will be publised over the next few days and shipped to me. I paid more than I would like to or would normally do for the book (£8.81p + £2.75p postage and packaging/shipping) in the spirit of supporting a fellow Nigerian, so I hope it is at least a decent read (I prefer to walk into bookshops e.g Waterstones or W.H. Smith etc as there are good deals to be had and you don't have to deal with posting costs.). If your book is good, I will leave a favourable feedback. . .if not you will definitely know as well.
Re: .... by kay9(m): 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2008
Thanks!!! Really, if i could see you now, i'd hug you so hard,
don't emotional, kay Thanks SMC, you'll love the book - its my word.
Re: .... by SMC(f): 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2008
Hey Kay9,

Got the book in the post. I will fully read it as soon as I can. I have to get through J.M. Coetzee's "Disgrace" which I have started and "Life and Times of Michael K" which is waiting, as well as Dupe Olorunjo's "Tailed" and quite a number of other books I have in my possession. It does not help that I am doing 1001 things at the same time. I will cut through most of the other books and read yours next. I have read the prologue and 1st chapter but I reserve my comments for when I finish it.

SMC
Re: .... by pahtahkee: 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2008
@ Kay9,

I think the cover page of your book is very nice, good concept and also lovely fonts. However, could you let me know what is the content of your story all about? If you can kindly paraphrase it here, I would be appreciative.

Thanks.
Re: .... by kay9(m): 1:29pm On Mar 24, 2008
Re: .... by iice(f): 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2008
Errhhh don't they have this in bookstores? Like SMC am adverse to the whole online thing. I prefer walking into a bookstore and picking it up. . .

I'll wait for SMC's review before my next move
Re: .... by kay9(m): 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2008
If you want to post your own review for the book, you can do so with this

ID's: EMAIL: ezejohn@yahoo.com
password: nairaland

I created it so that nairalanders can login and rate my book. Thanks!
Re: .... by kay9(m): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2008
The reason I don't have it bookstores is because I couldn't afford to purchase the last proof-read copy from the publishing house (to show that I am totally satisfied with everything in book); the consequence is that my doesn't get distributed until then. But the book is ok, SMC will tell you that. You can also read the preview at www.lulu.com/content/1073134. (If you want to post a review, just use the login details I posted above. Thanks)
Re: .... by iice(f): 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2008
Ok, i did see a bit from the first site but am still not satisfied. I will check the lulu site.
Re: .... by SMC(f): 2:57pm On Apr 06, 2008
@ Kay9, What's your e-mail address?
Re: .... by kay9(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2008
@SMC: U took so long to reply, I became convinced you'd forgotten about me and my book - and i didn't want to start posting those pathetic "please read me" messages anymore. Anyway, my email is kc_infiniti@yahoo.com. I do hope you enjoyed the book.

(1) (Reply)

Continue The Story (Umuata) / *** ATLANTIS *** (An adventure/fantasy story) / Life Is Short (no Pun Intended) - Ebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.