Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,240 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Will The Next Pope Be The Last? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Next Pope Be The Last? (13411 Views)

The Next Pope Is The Anti-christ / Cardinal Arinze Will Be The Next Pope? / The Next Pope Is Gonna Be Da Antichrist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 12, 2013
So i was browsing Listverse and i came across this surprising prophesy. Dont know if anyone has heard about it before.

Prophecy of the Popes
The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Catholic popes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and
concluding with a pope described in the prophecy as “Peter the Roman”, whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome.
What is most interesting about this
prophecy is that the current pontiff, Pope Benedict XVI (listed as the “Glory of the Olive” – Benedict is the founder of the Benedictine monks whose symbol is the olive branch) is the last Pope before Peter
the Roman. Tying this in with other aspects of Catholic eschatology (the study of the end times) which generally describes a great apostasy in the Church prior to the second coming of Christ, many Catholics believe that we are now in the end times and that the next pope will be the last before the final judgment.
Here is the text of the prophecy as it relates to the final Pope:
“In the last persecution of the Holy Roman Church, Peter the Roman will hold the see (lit. “sit”), who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations: and when these things
are finished, the city of seven hills [Rome] will be destroyed, and the terrible judge will judge his people. The End.”

Juxtaposed with another prophesy (im sure most have heard of the Fatima girls) about the Vatican II stuff gives it some meaning

The True Third Secret
On June 26, 2000, the well known third secret of Fatima was revealed by Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI), accompanied by a theological commentary. The secret referred to a Pope being killed and a city in ruins (full text here ). What most people don’t know is that during the many years in which the
secret was hidden from all but a few eyes, portions of it (and hints at what it contained) were leaked, by people who had either read the secret or spoken to Sister Lucia (the seer who penned it – pictured above). The leaked information did not correspond with the secret
released by the Vatican.
Consequently a large number of people believe that the Vatican document is a fake, released to avoid the scandal that would occur if the real secret got out. Purportedly the real secret refers to an apostasy in the Church starting with the Pope (in other words, the Pope/Popes
would stop teaching the Catholic faith and fall into error). It also describes a council which will pervert the Church (believed by
many to be Vatican II which reversed many traditional Catholic principles and beliefs). This was known for at least forty years prior to the release of the Vatican version of the Secret. What is most interesting is that Sister Lucia said the secret had to be released by 1960, or after her death (whichever came first). Why she chose that specific year is unknown but, curiously, the Vatican II council was started in 1962, with both Popes of the council (John XXIII and Paul VI) saying that they would not release the third secret. Another related prophesy is also very interesting; Pope Pius XII (the Pope prior to John XXIII and the II Vatican Council) said: “We believe that the present hour is a dread phase of the? events foretold by Christ. It seems that darkness is about to fall on the world. Humanity is in the grip of a supreme crisis.”

Sources;
listverse.com/2011/03/11/top-10-prophecies-you-dont-know/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes#Popes_and_corresponding_mottos

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Secrets_of_Fátima#Third_secret

1 Like

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by scarred: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
Petrus Romanus, Peter of Rome is whom you speak of. The one whom the Prophecy says will legitimize the great deceiver.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2013
scarred: Petrus Romanus, Peter of Rome is whom you speak of. The one whom the Prophecy says will legitimize the great deceiver.
Yes, just waiting how things will play out. I'm sure top investigators will bring out everything that is ro be known about the next pope once he is elected. If any of his names happen to be any variant of Peter(Cephas) or it he was born in rome or had spent a significant part of his life there, be sure to havr the conspiracy theorists and religious zealots on his case.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by vanstanzy(m): 3:52pm On Feb 12, 2013
This a great piece, wonder why its not on the front page.

1 Like

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by scarred: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2013
Careytommy, let us not be deceived or just view this development as a 'mere' act. It carries resounding consequences. Catholic seers and protestant prophets alike have spoken about this. This just moves us closer to what we know is coming. In terms of time I cannot tell you, but we are poised for some shaking. The financial upheaval has moved the conversation of one currency closer, issues of identity theft will make RFDs and Chips the norm, biometric information is being demanded on almost all levels and soon this will be linked to our bank accounts, which will make money obsolete.

The Security Council in the UN is asking for greater control and a standing army which will move us closer to the police state, the media is sanitized and all information coming from them is information they want you to know as opposed to what you need to know. Our cultural and moral standing are being debated on a daily basis and the shift is not conservative but liberal, very liberal, in order words anything goes. Believers, trus believers are now the minority and many states and countries have laws that state that believers can be charged with hate crimes for speaking out against what are now accepted norms.

There is cooperation on the parts of governments that is unprecedented and is likely to continue, in truth the plans are in place and what we need is the trigger mechanism to make them all reality. This is chess my friend and the devil just said check.

15 Likes

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by tpia5: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2013
issues of identity theft will make RFDs and Chips the norm

hmmm
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by tpia5: 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
well, i do know this is much more of a reality now than ever before:

every eye shall see him

thanks to cameraphones, even assuming the verse is not referring to every human looking at the sky at the exact same time, and seeing what's happening there.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Heathen(m): 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2013
lol, i just love the way religion ****s with head of its adherents.

1 Like

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by tpia5: 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2013
yet again, they must derail the thread even though it doesnt concern them.

1 Like

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Nobody: 7:50am On Feb 13, 2013
scarred: Careytommy, let us not be deceived or just view this development as a 'mere' act. It carries resounding consequences. Catholic seers and protestant prophets alike have spoken about this. This just moves us closer to what we know is coming. In terms of time I cannot tell you, but we are poised for some shaking. The financial upheaval has moved the conversation of one currency closer, issues of identity theft will make RFDs and Chips the norm, biometric information is being demanded on almost all levels and soon this will be linked to our bank accounts, which will make money obsolete.

The Security Council in the UN is asking for greater control and a standing army which will move us closer to the police state, the media is sanitized and all information coming from them is information they want you to know as opposed to what you need to know. Our cultural and moral standing are being debated on a daily basis and the shift is not conservative but liberal, very liberal, in order words anything goes. Believers, trus believers are now the minority and many states and countries have laws that state that believers can be charged with hate crimes for speaking out against what are now accepted norms.

There is cooperation on the parts of governments that is unprecedented and is likely to continue, in truth the plans are in place and what we need is the trigger mechanism to make them all reality. This is chess my friend and the devil just said check.
did you check the sources i posted, about the other prophecies that were prophesied as far a back as the 11th century? considering almost all their prophesies had come to pass, im really stunned!
i've not really heard about most of these things till this week. whatever happens, may GOD's mercies and protection continue to be with us.

tpia@:
yet again, they must derail the thread even though it doesnt concern them.
you can say that again.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by vanstanzy(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2013
So one has to complain about a topic not making front page before the MODs' put it on front page. This is just great. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by ZACHIE: 11:42am On Feb 13, 2013
Why do they make things pertaining to the end of time difficult to read and understand?

i have been wondering over this for a very long time.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by slimming: 11:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Every post cannot not make a frontpage
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by vanstanzy(m): 11:43am On Feb 13, 2013
Whatever the prophecy says, "THE GATES OF HELL WILL AND SHALL NEVER PREVAIL OVER THE CHURCH." Gbam!!!

2 Likes

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Morgan1092(m): 11:48am On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy: This a great piece, wonder why its not on the front page.
Is dis a Back Page?
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by crackhaus: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2013
Interesting piece i tell you.. Where is OBADIAH777 when you need him?
i'm calling you out brah, need your opinion on this matter pronto
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Mamaflex(f): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2013
the end will surely come. Everytin dat has a beginnin must have an end. Only time wil tell. Let watch n see.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Morgan1092(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2013
ZACHIE: Why do they make things pertaining to the end of time difficult to read and understand?

i have been wondering over this for a very long time.
Stop wondering b4 u bcom a Lunatic. Cos evrytin pertaining religion is mysterious.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Hoii(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2013
In a nutshell, we're in trouble, right?

1 Like

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by RedLight1: 11:58am On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy: So one has to complain about a topic not making front page before the MODs' put it on front page. This is just great. undecided undecided undecided
mods are not God that knows every topic created every seconds .... they work based on recommendations and the one they came across ... instead of complaining ..next time just recommend the thread
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by braxjay(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
ME grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by ZACHIE: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Morgan1092: Stop wondering b4 u bcom a Lunatic. Cos evrytin pertaining religion is mysterious.
I wonder

Where you come from, any introspection is the mark of lunacy? ? ?

i wonder what stuff you are made of.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by vanstanzy(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
Morgan1092: Is dis a Back Page?

This topic was posted in the religion section yesterday morning and only made it out to the FP this late morning. Surely thats something to complain about?
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by patostation(m): 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Who needs a Pope? Certainly not me. The papacy has no impact in my life.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by b4jesus: 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Will the next pope be the last? i think what we should be concerned about now is "will i make heaven? are my ways right? am i rapturable? after all said and done, all prophesies fulfiled, where will i spend eternity?" may God help us as we concentrate less on if the next pope will be the last and ponder more on eternity.

8 Likes

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
We may still have one last good Pope. But watching.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by TheSaintz: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2013
scarred: Careytommy, let us not be deceived or just view this development as a 'mere' act. It carries resounding consequences. Catholic seers and protestant prophets alike have spoken about this. This just moves us closer to what we know is coming. In terms of time I cannot tell you, but we are poised for some shaking. The financial upheaval has moved the conversation of one currency closer, issues of identity theft will make RFDs and Chips the norm, biometric information is being demanded on almost all levels and soon this will be linked to our bank accounts, which will make money obsolete.

i dont know who you are but whoever you are, you are a very sound christian, the chess game is almost complete. everyone that follows biblical and some hidden catholics prophecies will know that its truly the end time

2 Likes

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by noskeybaba: 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Matthew 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, that thou art
Peter, and upon this rock I will build My
church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

See bolded please. Not in my catholic church.

2 Likes

Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by JuniorSali: 12:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
Why wont Roman Catholic church accept Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is civilization. Jesus said, 'ask through me n u shall recieve. But they keep praying to Mary and now Rev fr Tansi. May God open ur eyes at least as He did to Church of Nigeria.
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
vanstanzy:

This topic was posted in the religion section yesterday morning and only made it out to the FP this late morning. Surely thats something to complain about?

And why do you think it has to hit the frontpage ? Because it concerns the pope ?
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by khun007(m): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
How wil dis increase ma dinner?
Re: Will The Next Pope Be The Last? by TableLeg(m): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
Go to to the Vatican and ask, nuisance!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Pastor Chris Church Always Docorated With Pyramids? / Four Simple Ways To Avoid And Overcome Sin. / The Science Behind Grace / Luck - [mentalists Only]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.