Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

Post Your Haiku Poetry Here. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Post Your Haiku Poetry Here. (763 Views)

Post Your Val' Text Massage And Romantic Poems For Young Lovers / Please Read This One Scene Of Mine And Post Your Sincere Comments. I Need It. / How To Post Your Articles For Free And Enjoy Massive Exposure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Haiku Poetry Here. by timpaker(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2013
Haiku is known to be one of the most difficult form of poetry, though, very short but it seeks to speak on core and important issues.

Definition
It could be defined as a Japanese poem composed of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five moras (a unit of sound that determines syllable weight in some languages) respectively, usually about some form of nature. Although haiku are often stated to have 17 syllables,[2] this is inaccurate as syllables and moras are not the same.

Haiku typically contain a kigo (seasonal reference), and a kireji (cutting word).[3] In Japanese, haiku are traditionally printed in a single vertical line and tend to take aspects of the natural world as their subject matter, while haiku in English often appear in three lines to parallel the three phrases of Japanese haiku and may deal with any subject matter.

Example
An example of classic haiku by Osita Joseph

In Nature's Sanctuary

Blue skies bless green beings
Beauty holds eyes to ransom
Love Sugars the soul

Here is mine

Death Call

Nature's alluring call
In deep snooze of death -
Wailing night fades to bleak

Please post yours.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Haiku Poetry Here. by etalker: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
Here is mine...

The Make Up

Face masked in colours
Of beauty, while ugliness
Is buried like dirts!
Re: Post Your Haiku Poetry Here. by timpaker(m): 1:33am On Sep 01, 2013

Happy Heart

the heartbeat drum-
soul singing song...
ecstatic feeling erupts with smiles
Re: Post Your Haiku Poetry Here. by timpaker(m): 1:34am On Sep 01, 2013

'DAYMARE'

****many years after graduating from school****

Injured dream -
Reality bruising 'daymare'
Another blood sweat stain

**** many years later; after getting employed****

Life ache worries thee -
In the busiest of time
Wealth, Wife, kids and I!

****During Old age****

Now, time is lazy
white hairs and weak bones, life... pleased!
Death, when will you knock?

(1) (Reply)

Buried Destiny / INCOGNITO (a Story) / Dear Writers Blame Not The Pirate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.