Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Domain Hosting Terminated - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Hosting Terminated (1077 Views)

How To Avoid Getting Your Adsense Account Terminated / Domain & Hosting Reseller Website / How To Avoid Getting Your Adsense Account Terminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Hosting Terminated by bosunng: 6:14pm On Feb 12, 2013
I have an hosting with Smart Web and last month, my account was terminated without telling me. Now I want to transfer the hosting to another server though I have backed up my files before it was terminated.

Guys, I just purchased another hosting but I want to upload the files back on wordpress and still keep the information intact alongside the Database.

How do I go about it.

Thank you.
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2013
I really don't know how to explain this but it involved importing of data from your back up.
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by jenifertaler: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2013
bosun.ng:
I have an hosting with Smart Web and last month, my account was terminated without telling me. Now I want to transfer the hosting to another server though I have backed up my files before it was terminated.

Guys, I just purchased another hosting but I want to upload the files back on wordpress and still keep the information intact alongside the Database.

How do I go about it.

Thank you.

I can help you bro please explain me
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by rufaai(m): 11:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
bosun.ng:

How do I go about it.

Thank you.

You should contact your new host, they should be able to assist you with moving your site from SmartWeb. smiley
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by bosunng: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2013
jenifertaler:

I can help you bro please explain me

Thank you... the site is www.9jacampusgist.com they said the site contained some phising contents and they terminated it without telling me. Now I want to use the domain elsewhere and have it hosted there.
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by rufaai(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
bosun.ng:

Thank you... the site is www.9jacampusgist.com they said the site contained some phising contents and they terminated it without telling me. Now I want to use the domain elsewhere and have it hosted there.

Hey bosun.ng you should talk to your new host; or if you want to do it your self here is how:

Assuming you already have your files (all of the '/public_html/') in a tar.gz file and your datatabase in an SQL file (.sql)
1) Login to your new cPanel and upload your files back to /public_html/ folder.
2) Create a new database, user and add privileges to the new user, under cPanel's databases.
3) Go to PhpMyAdmin and import your .sql file into the appropriate database.

You're now done, but now you'd see your site showing error could not connect to the database 'abcd'@'localhost'. That means you need to update your WordPress config file which is in your /public_html/wp_config.php (assuming your wordpress is hosted on your main site.)

Edit the file wp_config.php and update the values for DB_NAME, DB_USER and DB_PASSWORD accordingly with your new database and the user you created in step 2) above. Do not change anything else.

Your site should resume back normal, if your name-servers are pointed to the new host. smiley
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by bosunng: 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
rufaai:

Hey bosun.ng you should talk to your new host; or if you want to do it your self here is how:

Assuming you already have your files (all of the '/public_html/') in a tar.gz file and your datatabase in an SQL file (.sql)
1) Login to your new cPanel and upload your files back to /public_html/ folder.
2) Create a new database, user and add privileges to the new user, under cPanel's databases.
3) Go to PhpMyAdmin and import your .sql file into the appropriate database.

You're now done, but now you'd see your site showing error could not connect to the database 'abcd'@'localhost'. That means you need to update your WordPress config file which is in your /public_html/wp_config.php (assuming your wordpress is hosted on your main site.)

Edit the file wp_config.php and update the values for DB_NAME, DB_USER and DB_PASSWORD accordingly with your new database and the user you created in step 2) above. Do not change anything else.

Your site should resume back normal, if your name-servers are pointed to the new host. smiley

Thank you sir. The mistake I made was that I didn't save my SQL file before the site was terminated. I only have the public file in tar.gz

What do you suggest I do?
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by ITHacker: 7:05am On May 17, 2013
Hey Guys, today i bought from shopcvv they scammed me, but not worries i got new good site i bought 50+ ccs all high balance and their fullz are amazing, site is bankebuy.com
Re: Domain Hosting Terminated by rufaai(m): 5:36pm On May 19, 2013
bosun.ng:

Thank you sir. The mistake I made was that I didn't save my SQL file before the site was terminated. I only have the public file in tar.gz

What do you suggest I do?

Oh if your tar.gz file is only your public_html then I'm afraid you may have lost your database. Unless you can contact your previous host for any possible availability of it. But if it is an entire cPanel backup, you may have your database there as well.

Try extracting your tar.gz file and see what's in there.

(1) (Reply)

New Procedure On How To Make Mtn Magic Sim / Please Test My Site From Your Devices And Criticize / Internet Zero (Accessing Free Internet - Text Only Browsing Using Facebook Zero)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.