Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger (776 Views)

Southeast Governors To Meet In Owerri Over Pro-Biafra Protests - Vanguard / It Was Sacrilegious For APC Governors To Boycott Ooni’s Burial – Afenifere / Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Morgan1092(m): 7:57am On Feb 13, 2013
Governors who are members of the new All Progressive Congress (APC) party, say they will position and pride themselves as social democrats, with free education astheir leading programme.
The 10 governors, who come from the former All Progressive Grand Alliance, the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party and the Congress for Progressive Change, met in Abuja today where they rolled outtheir programmes under the yet-to-be registered APC.
There are 11 opposition governors in Nigeria and all of them, except the Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, werepresent.
They are: the Governor Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), (Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Rauf Aregbesola(Osun), Tanko Almakura (Nasarawa), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe) and Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara).
Almakura, who spoke on behalf ofthe governors, said that the programme priorities in the new party will be agricultural development, jobs creation, free education, affordable healthcare, infrastructural development, adequate power supply, eradication of poverty and corruption, and rapid technological advancement and industrialisation.
“We shall pride ourselves as socialdemocrats that are committed to organise our society based on thevalues of justice for all and individual freedom where everyone’s basic needs are fulfilled,” he said.
He also announced the formation of Zonal Contact and Mobilisation Committees, which are headed by six of their members.
Almakura himself will head that ofNorth-Central; Fayemi, South-West;Yari, North-West; Okorocha, South-East; Geidam, North-East; and Oshiomhole, South-South.
Also speaking with reporters, Oshiomhole underlined his commitment to the merger. “I amfully convinced about the need forthis merger,” he declared. “There is no question about my conviction and my commitment tothe merger.”
Okorocha also insisted that although there are problems in his party, APGA, the party was committed to the merger.
“Let me say that APGA is in the merger talks. We have our little challenges and we are just trying to sort out about who are the APGA-APGA and who are the APGA-PDP.
“But I can tell you that the APGA-APGA (the real APGA) is already in the merger talks.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/apc-governors-implement-free-education-okorocha-confirms-%E2%80%98real-apga%E2%80%99-part-merger
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Jaideyone(m): 8:02am On Feb 13, 2013
Ok. We are watching. Hopefully they'll present credible candidates come 2015.

FTC wink
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by jeron1(m): 8:06am On Feb 13, 2013
Nice one...i pray this newly formed APC unseats this group of visionless, careless and idiot people called Papa Destroy Pikin party. Make dem just try present goodluck for 2015, dre failure go be like that of hitler. Dey will become history in this country
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by obyrich(m): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2013
The best way the newly formed party can unseat PDP at the national level is to deliver the dividends of democracy to their people in their various states.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by laykhorn(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2013
I really hope this people kick-out (PDP) People Deceivin People and give us alot of good things to chew about..
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Nobody: 9:24am On Feb 13, 2013
ACN really sacrificed for this party(APC).... Outa ten Govs,6 come from ACN....wao,wao,wao......thats truly ''PROGRESSIVE''.... Sacrificing Regional agenda for National Agenda.......Also,APGA,CPC,ANPP!!!

Wish APC Goodluck as they re contending with PDP.......let the programmes and challenge role.......the radical it is,the better for Nigerians and Nigeria ''BINGO''!!!
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Goddex: 9:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Let them do that for their various states first.
Not until they become President.
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Vado(m): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2013
Morgan1092: Governors who are members of the new All Progressive Congress (APC) party, say they will position and pride themselves as social democrats, with free education astheir leading programme.
The 10 governors, who come from the former All Progressive Grand Alliance, the Action Congress of Nigeria, All Nigeria Peoples Party and the Congress for Progressive Change, met in Abuja today where they rolled outtheir programmes under the yet-to-be registered APC.
There are 11 opposition governors in Nigeria and all of them, except the Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, werepresent.
They are: the Governor Adams Oshiomhole (Edo), (Rochas Okorocha (Imo), Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Rauf Aregbesola (Osun), Rauf Aregbesola(Osun), Tanko Almakura (Nasarawa), Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Ibrahim Geidam (Yobe) and Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara).
Almakura, who spoke on behalf ofthe governors, said that the programme priorities in the new party will be agricultural development, jobs creation, free education, affordable healthcare, infrastructural development, adequate power supply, eradication of poverty and corruption, and rapid technological advancement and industrialisation.

“We shall pride ourselves as socialdemocrats that are committed to organise our society based on thevalues of justice for all and individual freedom where everyone’s basic needs are fulfilled,” he said.
He also announced the formation of Zonal Contact and Mobilisation Committees, which are headed by six of their members.
Almakura himself will head that ofNorth-Central; Fayemi, South-West;Yari, North-West; Okorocha, South-East; Geidam, North-East; and Oshiomhole, South-South.
Also speaking with reporters, Oshiomhole underlined his commitment to the merger. “I amfully convinced about the need forthis merger,” he declared. “There is no question about my conviction and my commitment tothe merger.”
Okorocha also insisted that although there are problems in his party, APGA, the party was committed to the merger.
“Let me say that APGA is in the merger talks. We have our little challenges and we are just trying to sort out about who are the APGA-APGA and who are the APGA-PDP.
“But I can tell you that the APGA-APGA (the real APGA) is already in the merger talks.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/apc-governors-implement-free-education-okorocha-confirms-%E2%80%98real-apga%E2%80%99-part-merger

What of Mimiko's LP? Or is he now in pdp? angry
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by 9jaIhail(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2013
donroxy: ACN really sacrificed for this party(APC).... Outa ten Govs,6 come from ACN....wao,wao,wao......thats truly ''PROGRESSIVE''.... Sacrificing Regional agenda for National Agenda.......Also,APGA,CPC,ANPP!!!

Wish APC Goodluck as they re contending with PDP.......let the programmes and challenge role.......the radical it is,the better for Nigerians and Nigeria ''BINGO''!!!

The above comment justified what we all had been saying concern this kindergarten political mega party, popularly known as (APC)The merge has not taken effect this bigot above has started the usual na me work pass you style. ACN sacrifice more than other parties and so what?

Your mindset is not far from the mindset of your leaders in that nonsensical party call APC.
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 13, 2013
The key is what happens after they lose the national election? Will they disband? That's the true measure of their seriousness.
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Morgan1092(m): 11:06am On Feb 13, 2013
ROSSIKE: The key is what happens after they lose the national election? Will they disband? That's the true measure of their seriousness.
D will surely disband. Cos dat time d wil start blaming each oda.
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Olaolufred(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
Vado:

What of Mimiko's LP? Or is he now in pdp? angry

Probably yes or no.
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Olaolufred(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
ROSSIKE: The key is what happens after they lose the national election? Will they disband? That's the true measure of their seriousness.

What also happens when PDP loose the election,
Will their member stay or join the rulling APC?
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 14, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

The above comment justified what we all had been saying concern this kindergarten political mega party, popularly known as (APC)The merge has not taken effect this bigot above has started the usual na me work pass you style. ACN sacrifice more than other parties and so what?

Your mindset is not far from the mindset of your leaders in that nonsensical party call APC.
wellcome.......am not a Bigot!!!

My post only justifies how these regional parties have sacrificied there holds to have a national outlook.......think deeper and wiser!!!

By d way,is it a lie that ACN has six governors abi why u dey whimp-wimp on a FACT!!!

Goodluck to APC and PDP(let d competition begin)!!!

Shame to all who are scared of CHANGE!!! Awon olooooshi!!
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by slimghost(m): 7:47am On Feb 14, 2013
Well, let us know their presidential Candidate first! That's the most important thing.
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by ektbear: 7:56am On Feb 14, 2013
I am inactive on NL for a few days, and the political landscape of Nigeria changes entirely. na wa
Re: APC Governors To Implement Free Education, As Okorocha Confirms APGA Merger by shineskybaba(m): 10:32am On Feb 14, 2013
PDP must be flushed out by all well meaning Nigerians.Enough of these corruption laden policies and ideologies of the ruling party.

(1) (Reply)

Police Establish Communication Between Salami, ACN Leaders / Historical Fact,speaking For Ijaw People Asari..ijaw Defeated British..watch / My Name Has Brought Good Luck To Nigeria -- Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.