Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (17408 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? / Keshi: Eagles No Longer The Giants Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by pyyxxaro: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2013
they shud be very security conscious
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by ibromanner(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2013
You guyz complaining about Yobo should keep your mouths shut. Are u folks technically wiser than the BIG BOSS that made him the team captain? Either u like it or not, dis guy is one of the most successful Nigerian futballers. Haters, buk the next flight to hell. Safe journey!

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Born2beRich1(m): 9:57am On Feb 13, 2013
Did anybody make Yobo the security guard to the nations cup...I noticed say d guy is always with the cup or near the cup as if na im make nigeria win...Na wah cheesy...Congrats to the super eagles, GEJ and all Nigerians...
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dreal1247: 9:59am On Feb 13, 2013
ItsUncleDee: Haba...wetin yobo do 4 dat tournament Haba...wetin yobo do 4 dat tournament
Evrybdy mst not receiv bcof imput, som ar jst favourd. So whom God bles, no1 curse. Acept it or not, he is d captain. History has recorded it. What is written is written.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by safarigirl(f): 10:00am On Feb 13, 2013
My jaw literally fell when I heard what the SE team would get for their trophy. Even the Spanish team didn't get half of that when they won the World Cup, some of these guys are over-night billionaires. The ones wey vex me pass na those players wey no even touch ball for the tournament don get OON & billions. Hmm, and someone said education is key- maybe key to a Volkswagen Passat

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2013
Eleponblue:

How does this concern you? As if she really cares about you!LOSER!
abeg go quench.. Stup.id boy
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2013
The comments so on this page so far shows how ignorant people are. Nothing is too much for them and in my opinion, this is the least that can be done. They came out on top in their field and people are saying all sort of nonsense. Why don‘t you try and come first in whatever you do and see if Nigeria wouldn‘t be a better place.......yeye people.

4 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by divinelove(m): 10:02am On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.

Thinkin so myself d cup is worth 1.5million dollars n nigeria spent over 10 million dollars to win it. Now am askin myself hw d afcon cup ll beta nigeria.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by yuzedo: 10:03am On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.
Are you married?! Damn, i'm in love with your head!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by CHRISKY: 10:05am On Feb 13, 2013
ibromanner: You guyz complaining about Yobo should keep your mouths shut. Are u folks technically wiser than the BIG BOSS that made him the team captain? Either u like it or not, dis guy is one of the most successful Nigerian futballers. Haters, buk the next flight to hell. Safe journey!
kip sentiment aside mah brother an face fact.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Legalplayerz: 10:08am On Feb 13, 2013

Not everything will have to be of economic benefit.

Sometimes in life we just have to do some things, even when they don't bring anything back into our pocket.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 13, 2013
Chai, nd I dey find 80k for house rent. Nawaoh
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by olushowunm(m): 10:15am On Feb 13, 2013
I THINK I'M GOING TO SOUND DIFFERENTLY ON THIS ISSUE... FIRST, PLEASE TAKE MY CONTRIBUTION AS OBJECTIVE VIEW AND NOT AS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYBODY....
MY QUESTION IS WHY WASTE SO MUCH RESOURCES ON A FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE THEY WON A CUP
IT CAN ONLY HAPPENS IN AFRICA AND I KNOW IT MAY NEVER STOP! ITS GOOD TO PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTRY, BUT WHY WASTE MEAGRE RESOURCES THAT CAN BE CHANNELED TO DEVELOP OTHERS WHO MAY ONE DAY WIN SOMETHING THE COUNTRY ARE WE NOT IN NIGERIA, WHAT HAS MIKE ADENUGA, DANGOTE, OVIA AND ELUMELU DONE TO HELP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT WILL CREATE JOBS FOR YOUTHS LETS START WITH DANGOTE, HE HAS DONE VIRTUALLY NOTHING EXCEPT THE DANGOTE FOUNDATION WHICH IS NOT EVEN DOLING OUT CASH TO YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT NEEDS THE CASH EXCEPT FOR THE MEDIA FRENZY THAT DANGOTE DONATES 5BILLION NAIRA!
ADENUGA HAVE DONE NOTHING TO ENCOURAGE ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCEPT WASTING RESOURCES FROM THE MASSES TO ENRICH FOOTBALLERS, MUSICIANS, AWUJALE AND OTHER CULTURAL FESTIVALS...
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by kunletomot: 10:23am On Feb 13, 2013
The Federal Govt.should built low cost housing estate for new graduate.The cost of living is too high in our country.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by UkwuNnu(m): 10:25am On Feb 13, 2013
safarigirl: My jaw literally fell when I heard what the SE team would get for their trophy. Even the Spanish team didn't get half of that when they won the World Cup, some of these guys are over-night billionaires. The ones wey vex me pass na those players wey no even touch ball for the tournament don get OON & billions. Hmm, and someone said education is key- maybe key to a Volkswagen Passat

The way you keep mentioning 'billions', its obvious you are VERY POOR @maths. I advice you take your studies more seriously and spend les time online.

How on earth does less than 20 million each player was promised on the average turn to billions or u meant ZIMBABWEAN DOLLARS
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Wsdm: 10:25am On Feb 13, 2013
NOTHING BUT MARE CONJECTURE!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by UkwuNnu(m): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2013
kunletomot: The Federal Govt.should built low cost housing estate for new graduate.The cost of living is too high in our country.
embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by iwanchop(m): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2013
Our players have truly done us proud but truth is must they be given that much to 'encourage' them as GEJ claimed,it seems the players did us a favour winning the trophy for Nigeris.If they did that much to deserve all they got,what then does an average govt employee who served the nation diligently deserve?What is good for the players is also good for the numerous military men who were deformed protecting this country.I have no problem with giving them national honours but N5m and a plot of land...common.
I believe monetary rewards like this should be left to the private sector,if they feel like.It is Dangote's headache if he decides to give the Eagles all his earnings but it becomes the headache of the whole nation if our president dashes out tax payers money to players who got millions of naira for each of the matches lost,drawn or won.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dee60: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2013
The boys deserve plenty of awards. But I think it should be commensurate with the achievement. The way GCON and CON are issued out these days, GEJ has made it virtually worthless.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dee60: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2013
iwanchop: Our players have done us proud.
Truth is must they be given that much to 'encourage' them,it seems the players did us a favour winning the trophy for Nigeris.If they did that much to deserve all they got,what then does an average govt employee who served the nation diligently deserve?What is good for the players is also good for the numerous military men who were deformed protecting this country.I have no problem with giving them national honours but N5m and a plot of land...common.
I believe monetary rewards like this should be left to the private sector,if they feel like.It is Dangote's headache if he decides to give the Eagles all his earnings but it becomes the headache of the whole nation if our president dashes out tax payers money to players who got millions of naira for each of the matches lost,drawn or won.

You are right. The people at the helm continue to show how much they do not know how to manage national resources. The supporters that went with them should also all get member of the Order of Niger at this rate. After all, how could you win a cup without the supporters?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Danhumprey: 10:33am On Feb 13, 2013
@OP,pls,was Victor Moses at the reception? I couldn't find him. If he was,pls,upload his pix dat was snapped at d reception,let me see.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by sienna116(f): 10:33am On Feb 13, 2013
[[b][/b]quote author=sexy glow]At a special reception held in honour of the Super Eagles at the Banquet Hall, State House Abuja on Tuesday evening, President Goodluck Jonathan doled out millions of naira, plots of land in Abuja and national awards on the players and officials of the team for lifting the Africa Cup of Nations.
Stephen Keshi was conferred with the National Honour of Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) and a cash reward of N10 million; his assistants, Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorunmu received N2 million cash award each and bestowed with the award of the Officer of the Order of the Niger.
Retiring Captain, Joseph Yobo was conferred with Officer of the Order of the Niger while the rest of the squad were conferred with the award of the Member of the Order of the Niger and N5 million cash reward each. In addition to the cash award, the players and officials are also to get a plot of land each in Abuja.
The players and officials were decorated with the national honours by Jonathan shortly after he announced the largesse.

Not done with the cash rain, billionaire business moguls and former bank execs., Tony Elumelu and Jim Ovia donated half a million dollars each to the Super Eagles, while Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote splashed N5 million on each player and technical crew of the Super Eagles.[/quote][b][/b]
Jim ovia donated half a million dollars each? Do the mathematics...
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by namdo(m): 10:34am On Feb 13, 2013
ojmaroni247: Up eagles but I tink its vincent Iyama,dat deserves dat award not yobo....all desame congrats eagles.
..providence is the name. Yobo is the captain as we know, Vincent's time may come sooner.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by romanlaw(m): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2013
WHAT OBASANJO COULD NOT ACHIEVE FOR 8 GOOD YEARS, GEJ HAS ACHIEVED IT FOR JUST 2 YEARS!!!!!!HATERS GO HUG TRANSFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2013
Symphony007: Why did'nt they dash them wives too? Rubbish! Everybody is so high on this "nations cup" euphoria that you don't realise how wastefull the government is getting. This money is now part of the pile they've already gotten from people like adenuga and dangote..a nations cup will not solve a single problem in the country o!! But thos money wasted would have gone a long way!
U are talking this trash cus u are nt among them or have a brother in that team u will be saying another thing

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by namdo(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2013
Dee60:

You are right. The people at the helm continue to show how much they do not know how to manage national resources. The supporters that went with them should also all get member of the Order of Niger at this rate. After all, how could you win a cup without the supporters?
well said but one way of settling this is to have or set an expected level of standard reward from the gov't each time such success comes instead of out of the blues settlements. That way any time we participate in/win nations cup the participants know what they are expecting from Gov't. my opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by iwanchop(m): 10:44am On Feb 13, 2013
romanlaw: WHAT OBASANJO COULD NOT ACHIEVE FOR 8 GOOD YEARS, GEJ HAS ACHIEVED IT FOR JUST 2 YEARS!!!!!!HATERS GO HUG TRANSFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad thinking,bad product

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Wsdm: 10:44am On Feb 13, 2013
safarigirl: My jaw literally fell when I heard what the SE team would get for their trophy. Even the Spanish team didn't get half of that when they won the World Cup, some of these guys are over-night billionaires. The ones wey vex me pass na those players wey no even touch ball for the tournament don get OON & billions. Hmm, and someone said education is key- maybe key to a Volkswagen Passat
Calm down. Nothing to be compared to education if not for the money but self recognition and esteem. Back to the topic; the glo man can just retrieve his money on "drop calls" and Dangote may just retrieve his own by reducing the quantity of all the products the government have monopolized for him and can somebody tell Jonathan that the public funds should not be spent on emotional feelings rather laid down laws. Which law of the land supports such spending?

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Godogwu: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2013
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Godogwu: 10:47am On Feb 13, 2013
olushowunm: I THINK I'M GOING TO SOUND DIFFERENTLY ON THIS ISSUE... FIRST, PLEASE TAKE MY CONTRIBUTION AS OBJECTIVE VIEW AND NOT AS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYBODY....
MY QUESTION IS WHY WASTE SO MUCH RESOURCES ON A FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE THEY WON A CUP
IT CAN ONLY HAPPENS IN AFRICA AND I KNOW IT MAY NEVER STOP! ITS GOOD TO PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTRY, BUT WHY WASTE MEAGRE RESOURCES THAT CAN BE CHANNELED TO DEVELOP OTHERS WHO MAY ONE DAY WIN SOMETHING THE COUNTRY ARE WE NOT IN NIGERIA, WHAT HAS MIKE ADENUGA, DANGOTE, OVIA AND ELUMELU DONE TO HELP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT WILL CREATE JOBS FOR YOUTHS LETS START WITH DANGOTE, HE HAS DONE VIRTUALLY NOTHING EXCEPT THE DANGOTE FOUNDATION WHICH IS NOT EVEN DOLING OUT CASH TO YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT NEEDS THE CASH EXCEPT FOR THE MEDIA FRENZY THAT DANGOTE DONATES 5BILLION NAIRA!
ADENUGA HAVE DONE NOTHING TO ENCOURAGE ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCEPT WASTING RESOURCES FROM THE MASSES TO ENRICH FOOTBALLERS, MUSICIANS, AWUJALE AND OTHER CULTURAL FESTIVALS...

No offense though but you sound quite dumb. First of all most of these players earn crap to me ( the ones that play in Nigerian clubs) so i believe they fully deserve whatever they are given. I keep saying this; some Nigerians just want to sit in their homes doing nothing while the government provides their every need and I swear you are a nitwit if you think the FG is your mother or father that is meant to feed you.

Do you know Dangote and Adenuga are the highest employers in Nigeria?..... Dangote group is the highest employer of Nigerian youths at the moment. You said you don't know what his foundation is doing? Say that B.S to over 500 million dollars that has been put into that foundation.... Again which youths don't have jobs? The ones with third class degrees? Or the ones that studied mass com and want a job in shell or Nnpc? Please!!!!!!! Have a sit. \_______

The FG gave them honors, cash and plots of land.... They didnt give them 1/50th of the budget..... Just over a million dollars by my calculations. The enterprenuers actually gave more in terms of cash than the FG with roughly $2m from Dangote, $1m from Adenuga, and another $1m from Ovia and Elemelu.

Frankly I believe it's time Africa puts focus in sports, athletics and other aspects of life rather than just education. Everyone is definitely not cut out for school.

Finally you said this only happens in Nigeria yea?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180533/Olympics-2012-The-countries-pay-athletes-600-000-Olympic-success.html#axzz2KltuYF3D

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/08/07/How-8-Countries-Reward-Their-Olympic-Medal-Winners.aspx#page1

Now have sense smiley
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by HAH: 10:53am On Feb 13, 2013
That land can be a scam, i know of people who are awarded land for distinguished performance in service, they were given land by FCT minister at Kwali in the bush. Which may be worth about 500k.

So the players should lobby to get better location cos Abuja can be Abuja bush
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by sojihandsome: 10:59am On Feb 13, 2013
While they keep dashing them Numerous Gift and even money there are many pensionaires their for so many years they have not gotten their benefit yet we can spend much on the players they never beleive in them in the first place so we all need to bring glory to the nation before the Government can extend the hand of gratittude to us as a citizen we don't get any benefit not to talk of the our wefare we are just living in the country while they are just controling and directing the manner and way in whinch the money will move to next i sha pray make the table turn to our side too soon.............. wwll am only happy for the Eagles and the tehcnical crew but for those fat belly goats one day na one day sinner man go die he no go fit come back o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Scores For Napoli On Return From Head Injury / AS Monaco Set To Sack Thierry Henry After Three Months In Charge / Coronavirus: Premier League And EFL Suspended Until 3rd April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.