Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (17424 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? / Keshi: Eagles No Longer The Giants Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dee60: 11:00am On Feb 13, 2013
GEJ probably thought he could win the hearts of Nigerians with these kind of gifts. Just as he wanted to win South West with the renaming of UNILAG. When will our leaders learn? I truly support the idea of giving gifts and rewards but we do not need to break the bank to do this...Money and land is not everything. National awards make sense if they are commensurate. The truth is that there are several Nigerians making great sacrifices every day. Some soldiers are in Mali now, some others are in even more dangerous places. Police College Ikeja did not receive this kind of treatment, even after GEJ's visit and there are too many police barracks that re in terrible squalor. We always behave like we have unlimited oil and unlimited money. Please let the rewards be commensurate and execute it promptly, not that you will promise today and make them WAIT FOR NEXT 3 years before fulfilling it! That is typical of government.

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by israel007: 11:07am On Feb 13, 2013
Wow that's wonderful but

WHEN IS THE DEBATE BETWEEN EZEKWESELE ANDD FG COMING UP AGAIN?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by oddy4real(m): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2013
I am sorry to say this but most Nigerians are insatiable and fickle minded, all they know is to criticize any action of d Government of the day. I remember how Obasanjo rewarded sporting heroes with Handshakes during his own the, the whole country condemned him. Now that GEJ is giving unto the sporting heroes what is due, some are still kicking.
What exactly do you guys want?

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 13, 2013
Dangote initially gave them $800,000 after they won the elephants he gave and rewarded them with another 150 million. In total, Dangote gave them about 300 million.
Adenuga gave the team $1.2 million dollars, thats 180 million naira.
Jim ovia and Elumelu gave them 1 million dollars, thats 150 million naira and lastly the FG gave them
150 million. So lets sum the figures:
Dangote: 300 million naira +
Adenuga: 180 miilion naira+
Jim/Tony: 150 million naira+
FG: 150 million naira
-----------------------------------------
A total of 780 million naira given to the team for winning a cup worth less than 300 million naira.
Can someone shout Halleluyah!!

2 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Oxygenbutter77(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2013
Ceeezar: Thanks for the appreciation. I pray the ownership of the lands are not reverted after President Jonathan's dsipensation.
I even hope that the gifts even reach the intended destinations and are not even pledges that are misreported as done deals. You know our mentality. I also hope that there wouldn't be Agberos inbetween the Given gifts and the intended recipients in any form. Be it NFF, a northerner or even his cattle.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by obitrac: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2013
Na nff go chop most of d money
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by great063(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2013
Blackteeth: Our politicians are telling us the masses that for us to take a bite of the national cake, we must strive to achieve something while they themselves have free access to the cake without achieving anything.
If this is the only way they masses can bite the national cake then I think you guys complaining in the politics section should drop your Nairaland laptops and get out to achieve something.
#Word#
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by blacksta(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2013
I would be worried , the 1994 team till to day are still waiting to collect the land allocated to them. They better collect all the money and run
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 13, 2013
jeron1: See dem now Ooº°˚.... Well, dos abokis go dey vex now. Soon dem go say na cos na igbos dats why gej give dem money like this...apart from dangote from north, abeg count who give dem money again... All na southerners...
dats how it has always been. The Igbos have to work hard to get their share of national cake.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Elueme: 11:34am On Feb 13, 2013
Now, this is called positive reward mechanism this boys will put in all in the confederation cup.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 13, 2013
And those of u shouting our resources are being wasted, i laugh in swahili.
Is it better our money is in d hands of the looters or in the hands of those that have decided to give Nigeria a facelift for once.
Even the awards thing, wat have those that have received them in d past done for naija?
See these ppl o
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Itoroetti(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2013
olushowunm: I THINK I'M GOING TO SOUND DIFFERENTLY ON THIS ISSUE... FIRST, PLEASE TAKE MY CONTRIBUTION AS OBJECTIVE VIEW AND NOT AS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYBODY....
MY QUESTION IS WHY WASTE SO MUCH RESOURCES ON A FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE THEY WON A CUP
IT CAN ONLY HAPPENS IN AFRICA AND I KNOW IT MAY NEVER STOP! ITS GOOD TO PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTRY, BUT WHY WASTE MEAGRE RESOURCES THAT CAN BE CHANNELED TO DEVELOP OTHERS WHO MAY ONE DAY WIN SOMETHING THE COUNTRY ARE WE NOT IN NIGERIA, WHAT HAS MIKE ADENUGA, DANGOTE, OVIA AND ELUMELU DONE TO HELP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT WILL CREATE JOBS FOR YOUTHS LETS START WITH DANGOTE, HE HAS DONE VIRTUALLY NOTHING EXCEPT THE DANGOTE FOUNDATION WHICH IS NOT EVEN DOLING OUT CASH TO YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT NEEDS THE CASH EXCEPT FOR THE MEDIA FRENZY THAT DANGOTE DONATES 5BILLION NAIRA!
ADENUGA HAVE DONE NOTHING TO ENCOURAGE ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCEPT WASTING RESOURCES FROM THE MASSES TO ENRICH FOOTBALLERS, MUSICIANS, AWUJALE AND OTHER CULTURAL FESTIVALS...
My dear,in ur little capacity,what have u done?make a life out of what u are and stop blaming others.did dangote require from u when he was building his empire?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by olushowunm(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2013
@GODOGWU... I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE ISSUES PERSONALLY AND I DON'T LIKE OPEN CONFRONTATIONS... SINCE YOU BELIEVE AS A DUMBHEAD YOU ARE THAT DANGOTE AND OTHERS HAVE DONE GREAT BY WASTING OUR RESOURCES! YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR MYOPIC OPINION... ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A WASTE OF MY TIME RESOURCES... BUT LEARN HOW TO TALK TO STRANGERS, STUPID DUMB-HEAD!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by stagger: 11:46am On Feb 13, 2013
What about the unfulfilled land promises to the class of '94?

Yekini, our all time leading scorer died without receiving his. So MR President had better ensure that things work this time around!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by bigtt76(f): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2013
So what about we the viewers wey hypertension nearly kill or who the thought of ...made Keshi and hin boys sit up? What about Ogbeni TB Joshua wey predict and prayed for them? We deserve something something too naaaah #GEJ
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by danniekute(m): 11:54am On Feb 13, 2013
SEEMESEEMEO: Football money.....blood money
bad belle na em go kill people like u. Poooooooooor man
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by danniekute(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2013
playah P: This incentive is way too much!
Why not use it to develope grass root football?... If the grass-root football is developed, then winning the afcon and even world cup would be possible....
They did their job for Nigeria very well!! They should be rewarded but what about the paralympians?? Didn't they win gold for us... Were they celebrated and rewarded this much??
What did they give to the paralympians??... Are they not human beings too?
Fairness and equity; that's not showing here.

These fund they are wasting should be used to develope grass-root football.. So we can discover month mikel, more okocha, kanu, another amokachi and many more!!

Haba!
shut up ur mouth...ome ife oma na afucha...
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by danniekute(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
Symphony007: Why did'nt they dash them wives too? Rubbish! Everybody is so high on this "nations cup" euphoria that you don't realise how wastefull the government is getting. This money is now part of the pile they've already gotten from people like adenuga and dangote..a nations cup will not solve a single problem in the country o!! But thos money wasted would have gone a long way!
shame shame shame ,shaaaaaaaaaaaaame on u.because u no follow receive d largesse,,,singing:u are worthy o lord,worthy ....
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jaymdee(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
romanlaw: WHAT OBASANJO COULD NOT ACHIEVE FOR 8 GOOD YEARS, GEJ HAS ACHIEVED IT FOR JUST 2 YEARS!!!!!!HATERS GO HUG TRANSFORMER!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see GEJ play in that tournament?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by danniekute(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
good for these guys .i am so happy for them,especially d home based.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Umunede(m): 12:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.
my sister, joy and happiness is more than economic worth. U can't quatify it
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by iykak47: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
oddy4real: I am sorry to say this but most Nigerians are insatiable and fickle minded, all they know is to criticize any action of d Government of the day. I remember how Obasanjo rewarded sporting heroes with Handshakes during his own the, the whole country condemned him. Now that GEJ is giving unto the sporting heroes what is due, some are still kicking.
What exactly do you guys want?
Bros the thing tire me
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by shadrach77: 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
So Yobo is "retiring skipper"? I thought he said he would be going to the 2014 world cup. It's obvious he knows in his heart of hearts that he wouldn't be making the team again and that explains why he is trying to milk this moment as best as he could. grin grin grin grin

And to other things, i'm so happy for Mikel - This victory means within a short period of his career he has won

1. Champions League
2. African Nations Cup
3. Premier League
4. FA Cup
5. Charity Shield

He is fast becoming one of Nigeria's most decorated players. Apart from George Finidi, he is the only Nigerian to have won both Champions League and Nations Cup wink wink wink
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by omenka(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dee60: The boys deserve plenty of awards. But I think it should be commensurate with the achievement. The way GCON and CON are issued out these days, GEJ has made it virtually worthless.

God bless u! This is exactly my sentiment. Much as I relish our victorious outing, and unreservedly congratulate the Eagles for bringing the trophy home, I take very strong exception to the president dolling out national honours like he's sharing groundnuts? This man has succeded in bastardizing every single symbol of honour this country has. Even though some of his predisessors might have done dsame, jonathen seems to be a trail blazer in this regard, giving it out to confirmed crooks in the NASS and some 'movie stars'! The national honours is now as worthless as the 'peace ambasadorship' every musa, obinna, and bola can purchase as long as they have money.
A better idea in my opinion wouldave been to erect a monument in their honour. A symbol that younger ones can see and aspire to having one of theirs put up some day in future. Such monuments would even help give some kind of aesthetic apeal to the city of Abuja. The more the statues or monuments, the better.
Why the hell does he think in order to motivate a people to victory you must give them money, plenty of it. This is one aspect of our lives in this country that we must try to put an end to. It doesn't have to be about money all the time. Honour and glory too do matter. Besides, weren't they being paid their wages for every match they palyed? Or has winning the cup become a favour to us?
It is high time we started being prudent in the choices and decisions we make in this country.
Enough of all these childishness.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by kiyosaki1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
ItsUncleDee: Haba...wetin yobo do 4 dat tournament Haba...wetin yobo do 4 dat tournament
gbam
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.

the trophy is worth a paltry $1.5m, now, the rent for the camp ground for the super eagles, logistics and match fees for the preparatory friendly is way past that amount.
however,in Africa, we play soccer for National pride not economic importance. little wonder A jay jay okocha is more honored than the economics prof. Chukwuma soludo. some super eagles players have played for Nigeria for FREE!!!!!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by moffat(m): 1:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
well deserve joor
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by kinguwem: 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Football creates jobs for a lot of youths globally. The role of sports in national & international relationship cannot be over-emphasized. Rewards motivates achievements.
Finally, trophies are not bought but won in competitions. Congratulations to Nigeria, the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi & GEJ.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
olushowunm: I THINK I'M GOING TO SOUND DIFFERENTLY ON THIS ISSUE... FIRST, PLEASE TAKE MY CONTRIBUTION AS OBJECTIVE VIEW AND NOT AS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYBODY....
MY QUESTION IS WHY WASTE SO MUCH RESOURCES ON A FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE THEY WON A CUP
IT CAN ONLY HAPPENS IN AFRICA AND I KNOW IT MAY NEVER STOP! ITS GOOD TO PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTRY, BUT WHY WASTE MEAGRE RESOURCES THAT CAN BE CHANNELED TO DEVELOP OTHERS WHO MAY ONE DAY WIN SOMETHING THE COUNTRY ARE WE NOT IN NIGERIA, WHAT HAS MIKE ADENUGA, DANGOTE, OVIA AND ELUMELU DONE TO HELP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT WILL CREATE JOBS FOR YOUTHS LETS START WITH DANGOTE, HE HAS DONE VIRTUALLY NOTHING EXCEPT THE DANGOTE FOUNDATION WHICH IS NOT EVEN DOLING OUT CASH TO YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT NEEDS THE CASH EXCEPT FOR THE MEDIA FRENZY THAT DANGOTE DONATES 5BILLION NAIRA!
ADENUGA HAVE DONE NOTHING TO ENCOURAGE ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCEPT WASTING RESOURCES FROM THE MASSES TO ENRICH FOOTBALLERS, MUSICIANS, AWUJALE AND OTHER CULTURAL FESTIVALS...

your opinion is objectivity in yaba left and not in sane Nigeria, (hope you spot the difference), BTW all the losers that left Nigeria for greener pastures should shut up and don't remind us how much your absence has contributed to our failure.

what you chose to forget is that these boys are Nigerians who are equally entitled to the national wealth, i didnt see your placard when David mark got approval to take home 10 times that amount for sleeping in the chambers and endorsing "ney" and "yah" for indecent dressing.

if you think it is easy to run around in a pitch for 90 mins and come out tops then you have to think again

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by favynikky(f): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
oluMyderz: Chai Money dey diz country o. If dey con win world cup nko?
.ma thought exactly
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 1:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dee60: The boys deserve plenty of awards. But I think it should be commensurate with the achievement. The way GCON and CON are issued out these days, GEJ has made it virtually worthless.

well, you are used to seeing GCON given to thieves of different proportions, truth is; those awards were originally meant for people with national interest, people that have shown it in dexterity and commitment with outstanding results.
we are supposed to have more service soldiers with those awards than polithievescians.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
Dee60: GEJ probably thought he could win the hearts of Nigerians with these kind of gifts. Just as he wanted to win South West with the renaming of UNILAG. When will our leaders learn? I truly support the idea of giving gifts and rewards but we do not need to break the bank to do this...Money and land is not everything. National awards make sense if they are commensurate. The truth is that there are several Nigerians making great sacrifices every day. Some soldiers are in Mali now, some others are in even more dangerous places. Police College Ikeja did not receive this kind of treatment, even after GEJ's visit and there are too many police barracks that re in terrible squalor. We always behave like we have unlimited oil and unlimited money. Please let the rewards be commensurate and execute it promptly, not that you will promise today and make them WAIT FOR NEXT 3 years before fulfilling it! That is typical of government.

what are Nigerian soldiers doing in Mali? of all the cities captured so far, the french and chadian forces have the glory.
our soldiers are busy mounting road blocks, pleas give the SE a break!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fans Want Gernot Rohr Sacked As Eagles Coach Despite Playoffs Spot / "Agali Is Eagles’ Chief Scout For Russia 2018" - Gernot Rohr / Novak Djokovic Condemns Wimbledon’s Ban On Russian Tennis Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.