Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (17416 Views)

Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? / Keshi: Eagles No Longer The Giants Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Symphony007: 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
danniekute: shame shame shame ,shaaaaaaaaaaaaame on u.because u no follow receive d largesse,,,singing:u are worthy o lord,worthy ....
very funny!! Shame on me for advocating for better use of government money than on ghastly overpaid players.someone should please give me an example of a nation which paid sporting personalities so much and even national honours for winning a competition?
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
olushowunm: @GODOGWU... I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE ISSUES PERSONALLY AND I DON'T LIKE OPEN CONFRONTATIONS... SINCE YOU BELIEVE AS A DUMBHEAD YOU ARE THAT DANGOTE AND OTHERS HAVE DONE GREAT BY WASTING OUR RESOURCES! YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR MYOPIC OPINION... ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A WASTE OF MY TIME RESOURCES... BUT LEARN HOW TO TALK TO STRANGERS, STUPID DUMB-HEAD!

Dangote wasting your resources? you are truly a person, now, where is Sagamite?

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Kx: 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
cocospice:
seriously Mrs GEJ did tummy tuck.

Eleponblue:

How does this concern you? As if she really cares about you!LOSER!

Honestly,you make it sound like someone lost someone's hand in marriage.
I dont get it.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 2:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
omenka:

God bless u! This is exactly my sentiment. Much as I relish our victorious outing, and unreservedly congratulate the Eagles for bringing the trophy home, I take very strong exception to the president dolling out national honours like he's sharing groundnuts? This man has succeded in bastardizing every single symbol of honour this country has. Even though some of his predisessors might have done dsame, jonathen seems to be a trail blazer in this regard, giving it out to confirmed crooks in the NASS and some 'movie stars'! The national honours is now as worthless as the 'peace ambasadorship' every musa, obinna, and bola can purchase as long as they have money.
A better idea in my opinion wouldave been to erect a monument in their honour. A symbol that younger ones can see and aspire to having one of theirs put up some day in future. Such monuments would even help give some kind of aesthetic apeal to the city of Abuja. The more the statues or monuments, the better.
Why the hell does he think in order to motivate a people to victory you must give them money, plenty of it. This is one aspect of our lives in this country that we must try to put an end to. It doesn't have to be about money all the time. Honour and glory too do matter. Besides, weren't they being paid their wages for every match they palyed? Or has winning the cup become a favour to us?
It is high time we started being prudent in the choices and decisions we make in this country.
Enough of all these childishness.

Mr please define "NATIONAL HONOR"............(5marks)
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Symphony007: 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ucheosefoh: U are talking this trash cus u are nt among them or have a brother in that team u will be saying another thing
yes!! I'm talking trash because as opposed to them and their brothers who are enjoying the outrageous amount of money. Their are millions more in nigeria hungry, uneducated,homeless!! And this money wasted money would have fed a few kids, given a few kids education so they'l have a good life..but what the heck!! Afcon2013 cup which will be a memory in a few days time is better than this nations future!!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by greaterlove(m): 2:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.
I know you would love your kids to come first in their various classes and win prizes as best students in their various field of study, please what would be the economic importance of that to you?

3 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Symphony007: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
I was expecting a group of girls to come out and the players asked to pick anyone they wanted as wives!! All these things are still too small for this great players who won the AFCON cup. A cup that will solve all our national problems!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by omenka(m): 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
jp philips:

Mr please define "NATIONAL HONOR"............(5marks)

Sorry, I don't jaw jaw with kids
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by chijiok121: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Check out the story. It's also on Sun News http:///J2Gk4
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by sammied(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
nawooo...for nigeria..all these things because de won afcon? why would dere not be robbery and terrorism in d nation wen wealth is not equally shared..this guys are already far richer dan d average nigeria..and all these added again...AM NOT SAYING DE SHUDNT BE REWARDED...but de shud think.....ow does dis help d average poor nigeria?...is d what's been done in develop world?...wasting dis much in d face of economy melt down...well..JUST MY THOUGHTS...no offense
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by sammied(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2013
safarigirl: My jaw literally fell when I heard what the SE team would get for their trophy. Even the Spanish team didn't get half of that when they won the World Cup, some of these guys are over-night billionaires. The ones wey vex me pass na those players wey no even touch ball for the tournament don get OON & billions. Hmm, and someone said education is key- maybe key to a Volkswagen Passat
....AFRICANS ARE WASTEFUL PEOPLE...later someone would say its religion dats stoping Africa from progressing....so if de win world cup..the whole nation shud be seeded to them?..what of solders and policeman that are been wasted in d course of protecting d nation?...are they doing less....?...its totally outrageous...
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by porka: 3:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
TimePiece: Good for the Super Eagles and the technical crew but i'd like to know again the economic worth of this win for the country.

It stimulates National Confidence.

The economic worth can never be quantified.

A country's economy rests on an intangible asset called CONFIDENCE.

My sister, Nigeria needs the National Pride more than anything at this time of massive cynicism.

The matches were won transparently, there were no fixing, there were no shortcuts, the guys played, they won, they made all of us proud.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Bigboy100: 4:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
olushowunm: I THINK I'M GOING TO SOUND DIFFERENTLY ON THIS ISSUE... FIRST, PLEASE TAKE MY CONTRIBUTION AS OBJECTIVE VIEW AND NOT AS PERSONAL ATTACK ON ANYBODY....
MY QUESTION IS WHY WASTE SO MUCH RESOURCES ON A FOOTBALL TEAM BECAUSE THEY WON A CUP
IT CAN ONLY HAPPENS IN AFRICA AND I KNOW IT MAY NEVER STOP! ITS GOOD TO PLAY FOR YOUR COUNTRY, BUT WHY WASTE MEAGRE RESOURCES THAT CAN BE CHANNELED TO DEVELOP OTHERS WHO MAY ONE DAY WIN SOMETHING THE COUNTRY ARE WE NOT IN NIGERIA, WHAT HAS MIKE ADENUGA, DANGOTE, OVIA AND ELUMELU DONE TO HELP YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT WILL CREATE JOBS FOR YOUTHS LETS START WITH DANGOTE, HE HAS DONE VIRTUALLY NOTHING EXCEPT THE DANGOTE FOUNDATION WHICH IS NOT EVEN DOLING OUT CASH TO YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS THAT NEEDS THE CASH EXCEPT FOR THE MEDIA FRENZY THAT DANGOTE DONATES 5BILLION NAIRA!
ADENUGA HAVE DONE NOTHING TO ENCOURAGE ENTREPRENEURSHIP EXCEPT WASTING RESOURCES FROM THE MASSES TO ENRICH FOOTBALLERS, MUSICIANS, AWUJALE AND OTHER CULTURAL FESTIVALS...
You must be a foolish fool ! Don't you know that there are monies budgeted for such occassions ? Haven't you heard of the word budget b4 ? The philantropist that gave them cash , did it out of their own volition. Have you given food to the poor in ur neigbourhood ? They brought pride to us as a nation and that is priceless , cos reputation is very sacred in life . Don't tell someone how to spend his money, make your own millions and give it all to the poor, Mr. Know all :

2 Likes

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
Symphony007: Why did'nt they dash them wives too? Rubbish! Everybody is so high on this "nations cup" euphoria that you don't realise how wastefull the government is getting. This money is now part of the pile they've already gotten from people like adenuga and dangote..a nations cup will not solve a single problem in the country o!! But thos money wasted would have gone a long way!

A.C.N guys don Hack this guy I.D Oh ,Abi dem don drop am from 40Laptop crew.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dee60: 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
porka:

It stimulates National Confidence.

The economic worth can never be quantified.

A country's economy rests on an intangible asset called CONFIDENCE.

My sister, Nigeria needs the National Pride more than anything at this time of massive cynicism.

The matches were won transparently, there were no fixing, there were no shortcuts, the guys played, they won, they made all of us proud.

And they are honoured in the hearts of Nigerians. History will be kind to them for their achievement. They have earned tremendous goodwill. But this MONETARY tag diminishes it all. Must we monetise everything? Where is National Pride? This is why politicians pay themselves billions because they think they are doing something no one has ever done. It is all CHEAP political grand-standing, at the expense of our collective national inheritance. May be we should have paid SOYINKA 1 billion dollars and award the city of Lagos to him for becoming the first and the only Nigerian in 100 years of existence to have won the NOBEL Prize! Okonjo Iweala became the first Nigerian head of the World Bank. We should have named Abuja after her. After all, she is known the world over and she has earned good image for Nigeria.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dee60: 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
Let us PRAY earnestly that we do not wake up one day to discover that the present regime has run the country into total bankruptcy.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Godogwu: 6:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
olushowunm: @GODOGWU... I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE TAKE ISSUES PERSONALLY AND I DON'T LIKE OPEN CONFRONTATIONS... SINCE YOU BELIEVE AS A DUMBHEAD YOU ARE THAT DANGOTE AND OTHERS HAVE DONE GREAT BY WASTING OUR RESOURCES! YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR MYOPIC OPINION... ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A WASTE OF MY TIME RESOURCES... BUT LEARN HOW TO TALK TO STRANGERS, STUPID DUMB-HEAD!

I cannot be bothered about how you feel..... I'm just stating the obvious. Please how did Dangote waste "your" resources, do you own any acre of land where any of his cement plants are? Do you know that he is the largest producer of cement in Africa? Thereby making Nigeria the largest producer and exporter of cement in the continent? Please have sense... Frankly I detest it when "complainers" like yourself who have done virtually nothing for your village or community not to speak of a state or country condemn people who go the extra mile and make achievements for the nation.... It's quite silly and you are........ Nahh I'm done with you
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Godogwu: 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2013
sammie-d:
....AFRICANS ARE WASTEFUL PEOPLE...later someone would say its religion dats stoping Africa from progressing....so if de win world cup..the whole nation shud be seeded to them?..what of solders and policeman that are been wasted in d course of protecting d nation?...are they doing less....?...its totally outrageous...

Nitwit!!!! Every nation celebrates athletes greater than the average citizen, especially when they get the gold. Do you knw hw many endorsements They get? Go and educate yourself on how much "Amercian football" players earn every year and compare that to what these boys get. Some of them earn the combined amount given to these boys in one year. Police officers do a duty to the nation, they are paid... They knw the economic restrictions to the job but they don't care because they are serving their Country! Get with it!!!
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by balladin: 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
People like you get on my nerves. What's wrong with winning the nations cup? You mean they shouldn't have won it abi? Economic importance my foot! Mtcheeeew!

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by balladin: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
To all those contesting the cash gifts for the SE, I'd like you to see it this way: a group of boys earn us 1.5 dollars (over N225m) and the government spends just about that sum on them, what is wastefulness there? I just think a lot of people have joined the popular bus of anti-govt persons. It has become fashionable to criticise the govt even when it's obviously the most stupid position to take. Please take it easy.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Dee60: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
USD1.5 million goes to the FA (NFF) who incidentally has not said anything about the players. Let us come up with better ideas than thinking that everything on earth boils down to money! National honours are indeed okay, if commensurate to the level of achievement. Supporting the boys through diplomacy, to get top clubs abroad is good. It isn't all about cash, more so from a government that has been spending and incurring national debts in an unprecedented manner. Imagine that they went so much after Oby Ezekwisili for asking them to explain how they have plundered 67 billion dollars in just a few years. And the entire government could not come out to an open debate with just one woman! Let us pray we don't wake up one day to see that the country is completely bankrupt due to unchecked and unbudgeted spending.

This is not just about unbridled criticism. It is about Nigerians checking government and asking questions. That is how the West has grown. The Prime Minister of Britain faces questions every Tuesday, but we think that our leaders should never be questioned. Pure backward thinking!

1 Like

Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Engineer96(m): 8:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Osaze will be regretting seriously why he was not part of the team.
Pride goes before a fall.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by chessguru1(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Chei shocked shocked nah him efe ambrusoe miss J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ to go collect 3- kondo for champions league grin
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by balladin: 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Godogwu:

No offense though but you sound quite dumb. First of all most of these players earn crap to me ( the ones that play in Nigerian clubs) so i believe they fully deserve whatever they are given. I keep saying this; some Nigerians just want to sit in their homes doing nothing while the government provides their every need and I swear you are a nitwit if you think the FG is your mother or father that is meant to feed you.

Do you know Dangote and Adenuga are the highest employers in Nigeria?..... Dangote group is the highest employer of Nigerian youths at the moment. You said you don't know what his foundation is doing? Say that B.S to over 500 million dollars that has been put into that foundation.... Again which youths don't have jobs? The ones with third class degrees? Or the ones that studied mass com and want a job in shell or Nnpc? Please!!!!!!! Have a sit. \_______

The FG gave them honors, cash and plots of land.... They didnt give them 1/50th of the budget..... Just over a million dollars by my calculations. The enterprenuers actually gave more in terms of cash than the FG with roughly $2m from Dangote, $1m from Adenuga, and another $1m from Ovia and Elemelu.

Frankly I believe it's time Africa puts focus in sports, athletics and other aspects of life rather than just education. Everyone is definitely not cut out for school.

Finally you said this only happens in Nigeria yea?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2180533/Olympics-2012-The-countries-pay-athletes-600-000-Olympic-success.html#axzz2KltuYF3D

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/08/07/How-8-Countries-Reward-Their-Olympic-Medal-Winners.aspx#page1

Now have sense smiley

You just said it all. Now leave the dumb folks to keep ranting.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by dplomaticVal: 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2013
playah P: This incentive is way too much!
Why not use it to develope grass root football?... If the grass-root football is developed, then winning the afcon and even world cup would be possible....
They did their job for Nigeria very well!! They should be rewarded but what about the paralympians?? Didn't they win gold for us... Were they celebrated and rewarded this much??
What did they give to the paralympians??... Are they not human beings too?
Fairness and equity; that's not showing here.

These fund they are wasting should be used to develope grass-root football.. So we can discover month mikel, more okocha, kanu, another amokachi and many more!!

Haba!
relax man. paralympians were also given d distinguished national honor & other monetary rewards..#no dullin.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by Ribaman(m): 10:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
Just another example of how an inept bunch of politicians can run a country aground!
Dont get me wrong,I am hsppy that we won the AFCON, but this shows too much Emphasis on the wrong things
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by concernedspeak: 12:35am On Feb 14, 2013
Nigeria played well at the final and the goal keeper onyema was fabulous they all did a great job? But on the issue of keshi resigning still bowls down to the unappreciative nature of nigerians,nigerians kept insulting the coach all through the match.he has tried.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by avalontony(m): 2:20am On Feb 14, 2013
if the govt can give such a huge amount of money to the players for making us proud, how much did they give to the late corpers families that sacrificed dia lives for democracy in nigeria? are they not worth celebrating? are they counted as heros or are they just war casualities? congrat guys.........enjoy the national cake.
Re: National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles by jpphilips(m): 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
omenka:

Sorry, I don't jaw jaw with kids

lol, mad man is calling his psychiatric doctor a fool.

you preach national honor while men the age of your father and first son, left their comfort zone, toiled through camping in harsh climates for months abandoning their engagements, were proficient at what they do that earned them selection amongst a population of over 160million people to gallantly wear the pride of west Africa, the attire saddled with partition of green white green in ebullient national pride.

in England, they held the catalans to the throat, they matched the best in the world with local fists from remote kano pillars and warri wolves, In the same ring with FIFA's Best two they fought and came back with a one all draw, in bloody stains they received the embrace from the best in the world for their ruggedity and dexterity.

in south Africa, amongst sharp criticisms from coccoons and bingos like you who have lost faith in them, they fought, they struggled, with two legs they went many returned with broken thighs and ankles, they battled with fierce opponents from all the nooks and crannies of Africa,

with bare hands they tore apart the jaws of the lions from Mali,with bare fists they dismantled the Elephants of cote di vore the favorites of the tournament, with impunity, they put the defending champions to shame,
with glory, they triumphed over the scary face of "Bance" to take home the glory that has eluded this republic for 19yrs.

for 19yrs your father and fore fathers folded their arms while Petty Nations like Zambia took the glory home, for 19yrs you and your children were playing "ludo" while at it, a team of twenty two warriors beat their chest to say enough is enough,

with a pledge to our fatherland for the 3rd time deserves to be known for something positive, the euphoria and excitement that put a smile on the faces of terrorists that understand National pride better than a lazy ingrate like you with zero success story.

I am sure you married a bad wife the only chance you had to take up a responsibility and have a taste of success in your life time, or your father whose only achievement was to "germinate" a "bizzagare" in your person with acute dementia.

a family with total losers, zero achievers, total ingrates with no surname, a bunch of losers who have never achieved a pin for their family name want to define national pride for the glorious super Eagles of Nigeria.

bury your face in shame you destiny of rats and urchins

*spits*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of La-liga Winner Since 1990- 2014 / Osimhen Returns With Winning Assist To Nullify Lookman's Goal In Napoli's Win / Coronavirus: Premier League And EFL Suspended Until 3rd April

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.