Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview (9767 Views)

What Hairstyle Is Appropriate For An Interview For Men? / NIMC Make Up Test -lets Share Ideas / The 25 Most Difficult Questions You'll Be Asked On A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by HARDEYLEKE(m): 5:50pm On May 20, 2013
demmy55: Yeszzz!!! I finally made 1st place. To God be the glory.
Papilo, I knw sey one day, you go make nairalanders proud. grin

Don't you think male job offerers can also contribute to this thread? because we can tell the type of make up that disqualifies you or otherwise.
Nice comment there nigga!!
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by creativemusic: 6:12pm On May 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by johnstar(m): 6:27pm On May 20, 2013
Bludeville: Job Interviews. - The Makeup Dilemma

This thread is for female job seekers. When attending a job interview, what kind of make up do you think is appropriate, and which one do you think is too much? A little powder? A little gloss? Full blown make-up red/pink lipstick? Or nothing at all?
PLUS what colours are appropriate to wear? Are colours like orange, yellow, red absolute No-Nos? And what of gowns?

Are they okay or must it be suits?
must u make up undecided, abeg carry ur worwor face sitdwn 4 houz jawe
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by lertee(f): 6:35pm On May 20, 2013
Sweetlemon:
It depends on the kind of job o!
There are some jobs where you need to to look hot (but not provocative) and things like nicely done hair, nails, and stylish make-up, finished with a good command of English language, graceful and elegance poise will work more wonders than your qualifications! In fact, some companies will not employ you for some job roles if you do not appear stylish no matter what's in your CV.
That's why I adviced the Op to dress according to the job role. For instance, a Customer Relationship Officer for most banks, oil coys, and other big companies, must appear stylish. Most front desk officers at shipping companies are stylish.
But the bottom line is being moderate but stylish.
You are right,dressing and make up is according to the kinda job..i went for a job interview once for the post of a front desk office,i performed well and my Cv earned me a good comment but i had a very light make up(lipgloss and and white powder alone and to make matter worse i tied a scarf,the interviewer had to tell me to add a little bit of make up and leave my hair opened incase of next time.
@poster,you dont have to go too heavy on make up but try and be sexy,nice shirt that would n't expose your bossom and not too tight skirts or trousers,if you are cool with a gown,it has to be suit or turkish gown..black,ash,gray,brown,sky blue...
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Phikom(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2013
what am i doing here?
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 20, 2013
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by feeljohnny(m): 7:06pm On May 20, 2013
'Tiro' is d best. It makes u look very very unique and can j.azz dem u know.

1 Like

Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Onegai(f): 8:45pm On May 20, 2013
Hey there, this isn't as tough as it seems. Get the Neutral or Bronze 4 Quad eyeshadow palette from Black Opal (if you're on a budget, some mascara, pinky-brown lipgloss (try some from Sleek) or Milani lipstick in Bellatini. Definitely do your eyebrows properly, please don't overdraw them and have some powder on you so your face doesn't look shiny. Wear a neutral coloured (brown, black, navy blue) skirt with a coloured top and go for black or navy blue heels.

www.naijapretty..com
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by LoveAmaka88(f): 9:42pm On May 20, 2013
Whole face: Moisturize. Use concealer for distracting blemishes. Light powder to reduce shine.

Eyes: No liner, no massacre. Get your eyebrows done or do them to look soft, subtle and natural (like they grow that way). I tend to only apply eye make up to the small section of skin just above the eye (where the crease is) not the full lid. Dark brown works for me, but don't be shy of berries or purples. Avoid blues and greens on the eye for an interview.

Cheeks: I love blush and I think it makes you look friendly and approachable when applied correctly. Adding a little rose to the cheeks makes your smile look better and gives you the look of having a positive attitude. Again, subtle is key. Sometimes, I put blush on normally then pat some of it off with a tissue just to create a light glow.

Lips: No lip gloss. Your lips will be overly greasy and distracting. I typically go for lip balm, which gives a nice balance between dry and greasy. Occasionally I'll put a little lipstick on my bottom lip, add the lip balm, and rub my lips together to create a tint without the full pop of color.

Hair: Neat and pulled off the face so the interviewer can see you (not a ponytail). Maybe a well placed clip can pull the hair away from your eyes. If you wear a long weave or have wild curls, a bun make give you a neat, professional look.

Nails: Short, clean, and plain works best. Try clean polish or a simple french manicure. You will be shaking hands, so your hands should be moisturized but not sweaty.

Scent: No heavy smells. It's distracting and the interviewer may be allergic. Leave your cheap, alcohol-filled body spray in the bathroom as well as your signature Lady Million fragrance. Try simple deodorant and maybe something with a light floral smell that doesn't linger in the room.

As far a clothing, most women go light color on top and dark color on the bottom. Pant suits, skirt suits, or even a sweater-slacks combo may be appropriate depending on the job. You have to know the work environment ahead of time to gauge appropriateness.

1 Like

Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Originalsly: 11:14pm On May 20, 2013
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Originalsly: 11:18pm On May 20, 2013
delors: Good question! Nothing really elaborate u know, being your first interview. Just look moderate and professional like this. cheesy
Lmao!...but then again it depends on the job...maybe witch interview.
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by oluphunky(f): 12:02am On May 21, 2013
Make yourself up confidentially and in I.Q. For the facial make up,use u white powder,light lip balm.
For Perfume: Please dont use strong or perfume with strong/disgusting scent.
For Clothe: Dress corporate and fitable[not too tight or too wide].
Use God to cover up all.
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Revolva(m): 2:46am On May 21, 2013
Bludeville: Job Interviews. - The Makeup Dilemma

This thread is for female job seekers. When attending a job interview, what kind of make up do you think is appropriate, and which one do you think is too much? A little powder? A little gloss? Full blown make-up red/pink lipstick? Or nothing at all?
PLUS what colours are appropriate to wear? Are colours like orange, yellow, red absolute No-Nos? And what of gowns?

Are they okay or must it be suits?
what kind of meaning less post is this ..imagine instead of you OP talking about how to prepare for an interview..na lipstick and makeup to wear is your first priority..na wa oo well e be like say na modelling interview you dey find..oya go oil com[any interview ..paint your face like america next top moel..weda anybody go loook your face.give you work
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by skiesoduah: 4:22am On May 21, 2013
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Nobody: 10:55am On May 21, 2013
I'm good wit a lil mascara, eye shadow and lip gloss
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by labyrinth(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2013
If you are interested in getting home lectures on ways to crack GMAT tests for job interviews call Mr. Golden on 08028990767 or 08038928370 for more info. Thank you
Re: Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview by Rooneyboy(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2013
sanb: Don't go over the top with the pancake and water colour...use moderate make-up; so as not to scare the interview panel....

Naija ladies and their block heads, sure they'll take this advice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Had Any Experience With A Fake Recruiter On Social Media? / Uk Study Visa Application / Advice On Taking A Job At The Federal Ministry Of Trade And Logistics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.