Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Lets Talk Day :) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lets Talk Day :) (3095 Views)

Message To Lalasticlala (a Nairalander Needs Lalasticlala Help) Lets Talk In Pri / Are You TTC ? Come In Lets Talk. / Married With No Friends : Lets Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
Today is mental illness awareness day( not that you have to be crazy or necessary from Yaba left.

Call you mom you've been keeping malice with for years

Call your Dad you've had resentment because of what he put you through.

Call your Aunt or Uncle that maltreated you when you stayed with him/her or that molested you.

Call your friend that snatched your boyfriend or girlfriend and they eventually married .

Say hi to that pompous neighbour that's the biggest snob in your neighbourhood.

Say hi to your most hateful handle on NL lipsrsealed

Please let's talk and get mental illness out of the way, you'd be surprised how relieved and peaceful your mind will be.

Cheers.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
Hmmm!
Hi@jennykadry. grin

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Day :) by damiso(f): 7:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
I can truthfully say there is no human being i hold a grudge against in this world.

But will call my friends and cousins i keep promising to call and never get round to. embarassed

Thanks for the awareness jidegirl smiley.Most times alot of people are just one conversation or kind word away from a nervous breakdown.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
damiso: I can truthfully say there is no human being i hold a grudge against in this world.

But will call my friends and cousins i keep promising to call and never get round to. embarassed

Thanks for the awareness jidegirl smiley.Most times alot of people are just one conversation or kind word away from a nervous breakdown.

^^^ very very true , I called my uncle and I haven't spoken to him for over 2yrs embarassed I was told bout bad things he did to my mom , he wept on the phone for over 20mins outta 40min convo , he apologized and shed more light to the rumors I was lectured. I can tell you I feel much better and happy if I die today.(God forbid)

Richvkunt: Hmmm!
Hi@jennykadry. grin

grin grin my own list will full ground, lets not go there. cheesy
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by ifyalways(f): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
The title get as e be for my eye.Who is mentally unstable na?The pesin wey dey keep malice/hate unnecessarily or the one at the receiving end ? cheesy
Is there anything like world peace day undecided Are we making peace now cos we want peace or we are trying to avoid running crazy one day cos of over bile ie choking on haterode. cheesy

Ok,question;whats the relationship btw hate/enmity and mental health ?educate me @OP

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
^^^ both Ify , mentally unstable bawo? Don't you know all real life brawls / malice in general affect your mental health? Something you think about always / boggles your brain when you're supposed to free your mind and be happy.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by damiso(f): 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2013
ifyalways: The title get as e be for my eye.Who is mentally unstable na?The pesin wey dey keep malice/hate unnecessarily or the one at the receiving end ? cheesy
Is there anything like world peace day undecided Are we making peace now cos we want peace or we are trying to avoid running crazy one day cos of over bile ie choking on haterode. cheesy

Ok,question;whats the relationship btw hate/enmity and mental health ?educate me @OP

I think its the latter,alot of people store so much hate and negativity in them and though am not a medical practioner i dont think that good for your mental health.Another point of view could be reaching out to someone might just be what might keep them from slipping into a dark place.

I have had conversations with people and at the end the person says i feel so much better,all i needed was someone to talk to and also listen to me.Me and my husband were still talking just yesterday about how our comnunal living in Nigeria made it difficult for shrinks or psycologists to sell. grin.

Believe its so easy to slip ineo depression in this obodo oyinbo. grin
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
Lol, just saw your modified post.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
What happened to damiso's post? undecided
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by ifyalways(f): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
I always thought that bitterness is one of the symptoms of constant emotional imbalance and not the effect or result.Something that builds up simultaneously with stored-up latent anger.Looking at it from a broader perspective now,i can see it sure do have effect on the physical and mental health;headaches,stress,ulcer,tension,anxiety,depression. etc

Good thread. Being bitter over something or someone without making an effort to confront or talk with the subject/object of your bitterness is like drinking poison and hoping the other person would die. cheesy

@Busybody/Big bumper,I have nothing but love for you.That old thread and whatever i said there was not in any way in support of Adambrody.I was only pissed with the mods.Anyways,I hurt you and im really sorry.Forgive me. kiss
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
Awwww Ify , that's very sweet and brave of you. kiss

And thank you for the compliment.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by slimyem: 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
What about people you cannot reach,contact or call?
...and as for NLers,I can't even start to remember the handles i hate..undecided
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 13, 2013
slimyem: What about people you cannot reach,contact or call?
...and as for NLers,I can't even start to remember the handles i hate..undecided

How's that possible? You mean they don't have gsm or a neighbour to receive call from? No address?

As per NL... welll lipsrsealed
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Unfortunately, today is my "leave me quiet" day! sad

I will have to postpone!

Hi to all handles in NL......I don't know of any hateful handles but weird handles...

Hi to Jidegirl! cheesy
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by greatgod2012(f): 8:45pm On Feb 13, 2013
Good thread indeed!
Thanks for the wake-up call.
As for NL, i dont think there is any handle i have ever had any issue with, our opinions may differ, but im always at peace with every handle here.
May God help us all.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
greatgod2012:

P.S......pls, i dont want this post quoted, i may have to modify it later, if need be.

grin grin....do your worse! Hehehe
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
Its good to talk.
However in the long run, I don't think its healthy to have a special day in a year before people deal with malice and anger towards another.
The faith we all say we practices doesn't teach us that.
Let's also remember that unforgiveness makes prayer bounces back. Let me leave Religion.
As a human being, bitterness is like a gutter, trash comes in and has no escape so it keeps filling us up, smelly and blocking happiness, freedom and relief.
I am not perfect, I hurt people and people hurt me in real life, when I am hurt, I cry I tell them and I let go, if they apologise or not, na them sabi, I have done my part and I move on. I don't stand waiting for them to "beg me" or apologise, I live my life and enjoy the little joys I have.
Even before my Ex asked for forgiveness I had forgiven him, so when he needed our help it wasn't a situation of scorn and "see you now" it was so easy and Thankfully we have all grown from that.
I also thank my Husband teaches me to state my mind when am hurt and not bottle up under the gusie of tolerance.

As for Nairaland, I doubt I can keep malice with an online personality whom I may even be friends with in real life.
People are different and may differ with you strongly, that's all there is to it, some may use bad words I just say they don't know better.
But to hold a grudge with someone I don't even know, I no fit.
You abuse me I smile waka pass, its so unhealthy in my oppinion.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by greatgod2012(f): 9:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
Vikin:

grin grin....do your worse! Hehehe
grin grin
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
Vikin! Why did you quote that post? Anyways I've reported it grin and hi to you too, thought bout you couple of days ago hoping the cutie's here... Nice to hear from you. smiley

@ greatgod God bless you and reward you bountifully, there's this prayer point about hindering of one's request from God due to keeping malice either they or you are at fault. Thanks for honouring me.

@ Debrief, I agree there shouldnt be a special day for resolving issues, well as per my profession ( Psychiatry) , I thought I should share one of our awareness days grin

I forgive you for calling me a Bully ( nobody has ever called me that in my entire life), even if you think online talk is nothing to be taken seriously, I'm sure you found solace and support ( new friends and respect) online about your previous divorce so I find it very hard to agree with you when you said that it doesn't count to you. People die from online bullying, people connect and marry via online dating. Amazing & terrible things happen online which affect mental health.

All the same I still like you, how's family?
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
Jide, I don't want to derail this great thread but the truth is if someone said something to me and gave examples of situations that I acted like a bully I would reflect and not just think it as an insult.
I don't do e fights, we can't go through life thinking we are always right and others are always wrong.
You are a strong woman, I get that from your posts, but sometimes you need to let other people hold their veiws and accept that its different from yours.

I am sorry if I hurt you by saying that but I am more sorry that I stand by that, you can't point others as bullies and when others draw your attention to some traits you accuse others off you get offended.
I really have to get off now, but I want you to understand this is with good intentions, I love you, I love your strength, I have no reason to lie against you.
You need to live and let live, you sometimes come off as flogginh down veiws of others who don't agree with you. You go on and on on their case, you may not think much of it but it does come off as bullying.
I am talking heart to heart, I hope you look beyound my words and see the message.
Let others live too.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2013
**sighs** okay Debrief I hear you, but mind you , you called me a Bully straight up not only give example of situations , I will let others live( since I'm now death in disguise) but when I'm in the lion's den , you have never come to my rescue but dance around the edges to avoid being against your e-pals... Anyways lets not derail this great thread as you've said, I really want to hear from people who just made amends not argue with anybody.

Take care.( and you don't have to leave, I don't bite, I'm just too strong willed I guess and it's coming across differently)
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by slimyem: 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
jidegirl12:

How's that possible? You mean they don't have gsm or a neighbour to receive call from? No address?

As per NL... welll lipsrsealed
Yes,no address,no number(don't have it and don't know how to get it)
She used to be a friend a long time ago...stuff happened and we graduated from malice to being in comtempt of each other.
I had wanted to reach out and make peace for a while now(I have in my heart) and this thread just reminded me:-@ but unfortunately,I can'tundecided
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 13, 2013
slimyem: Yes,no address,no number(don't have it and don't know how to get it)
She used to be a friend a long time ago...stuff happened and we graduated from malice to being in comtempt of each other.
I had wanted to reach out and make peace for a while now(I have in my heart) and this thread just reminded me:-@ but unfortunately,I can't:-/

Don't know where you reside but phone directory using her last ( maiden) name might help. undecided anyways God sees your heart you've tried. No relatives too?
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
chaircover: I am going to be the odd one out and say NO I am not ready to move on and forget about the fellow that said nasty things about my princess. I dont mind you saying anything you want about me but not my family. Maybe if this thread is still around in a years time I will have something different to say, but right now . . . .Nothing!

Take your time, I feel you but you know life's too short sha undecided

I've heard person ( confidant) I never thought in million years called my princesses spoilt brats and even questioned ( gossip) our plan ( trust funds) to send them to Harvard just cos they're 'just' girls. I must confess it affected me mentally for a while ( and I'm talking bout a year) but what the hell.. Jokes on them. I still talk to them everyday and shake my head at their lives. I forgave them sincerely.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by damiso(f): 11:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
PY guru thank you for releasing my post.And I guess i was banned or what does it mean when you cant post for hours

Back to topic,debrief is right forgiveness(maybe not forgetting that takes time)is something we have to be very conscious about at all times.I am like my father and believe me the man could get along with even a mad man.He used to get angry but he was one of the happiest souls i have ever known.And this is mainly cos he never kept grudges.My mum is always saying to me Omo Baba Ni e(You are your fathers daughter).

His take and mine too is that only God should be placed on the 'perfect' pedestal.That way when the human weaknesses in some people shows you are not too disappointed.Not that i wont learn from incidents and be wiser(eg family and business dont mix very well lipsrsealed).But i just learnt to let go of the resentment.

At this moment my family has been deeply hurt by people so close to us and my husband is soooo hurt and disappointed BUT i keep telling him just let go,life is too short and God has vindicated us so why dwell on something we are even better off for.This eve he still said to me (one of them's birthday is on friday and i had bought her gift in December) dami i dont know what kind of person you are hen,you can forgive o.I understand personalities are diff but letting go really makes life less full of drama.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 14, 2013
Very true Damiso , especially extended family drama, very draining , I just give in and let go embarassed
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by SisiKill1: 3:12am On Feb 14, 2013
I forgive all the people who spell my name Sissy. cool
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by greatgod2012(f): 3:13am On Feb 14, 2013
@jidegirl, i never kept malice with anyone in my life, not even d sister i talked about, i have truthfully forgiven her a long time ago but i only reduced d rate at which we commonly do things together, i mean, i avoided her, in order to prevent d repetitn of what she did.
Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
Happy Valentine! smiley to you all and family.
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by agiboma(f): 7:50am On Feb 15, 2013
@Rich, how are you doing hun?
Re: Lets Talk Day :) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
^^^
Hi there dear.
Happy new year to you and yours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Cut Ties With My Dad (right Or Wrong)? / I Love U But Can't Buy U A Washing Machine. / How Can One Cope With Sexual Urge During Separation Period From The Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.