Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery (8726 Views)

Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' / Buhari's Certificate Forgery Saga 'getting Messier' Forensic Analyst Brief Proof / Lagos Sacks 174 LASTMA Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Clerverly: 12:44am On Feb 14, 2013
LAGOS—LAGOS State Government has sacked 35 of its civil servants, including senior executive officers, for securing employment into the State Civil Service with forged certificates, even as the appointments of 13 others were terminated for absenteeism.

Other offences of the sacked workers included misappropriation of funds, diversion of government money for personal use, defrauding the public, loss of government’s vehicles and absence from duty without permission.

It will be recalled that last year, the state government dismissed 174 officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, for corruption, overzealousness and others.

Vanguard gathered that those sacked were on grade level 07 to 12.

They include senior traffic officers, traffic superintendents, higher traffic superintendent, traffic officers II, higher statistics officer, senior accountant, senior executive officer, among others.

Most of the affected workers were discovered to have gained employment into the civil service with forged certificates during certificate verification carried out by the government.

The list of the sacked public officers was contained in a journal published by the state government.

It was also gathered that the affected staff had since been issued sacked letters before their names were published by the Office of the Head of Service in the publication.

It was gathered that the affected public servants were made to face the Personnel Management Board, PMB, the disciplinary body of the state government, which recommended their immediate sack.

Head of Service, Adesegun Ogunlewe, had earlier warned that the government would not tolerate acts of indiscipline and corruption among civil servants as government was bent on repositioning the civil service to meet up with the standard befitting of a mega city like Lagos.

Meanwhile, the Lagos State House of Assembly, has directed Commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pensions, Mrs. Florence Oguntuase, to Implement the house resolution on the payment of salary arrears of the 24 Lagos veterinary doctors from 2003 to 2010.

The house gave the directive following earlier summon and appearance of Oguntuase on the floor of the House to make clarification over the resolution of the House on the salary arrears.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/lagos-sacks-35-senior-officials-over-certificate-forgery/
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Tomorrow the same men will blame GEJ for corruption.SMH.This is just the beginning no hiding place for them.Such kind of people are all over the civil service.They must be fished out one after the other and give room for qualified graduates searching for job

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by vanstanzy(m): 9:07am On Feb 14, 2013
Good Show! cheesy cheesy cheesy Certificate forgers plenty for Hausaland, let FG carry-out same exercise there.
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by omarky(m): 9:08am On Feb 14, 2013
Serve dem right
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Tolexander: 9:08am On Feb 14, 2013
there should also be another punnish apart from the sack to serve as a lesson to those who also intend going through the route cos many of them had gone far with many salaries and allowances.
Notwithstanding, what about all those unqualified politicians' ward that are admitted into the public service in alausa and the state offices through nepotism? Or are they all qualified?
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 14, 2013
1st to comment . . . God is good!
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 14, 2013
Na my business
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2013
Dr. Wise:
suffry lie abeg oo, nor be u be first to comment oo
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by vanstanzy(m): 9:11am On Feb 14, 2013
The Fashola govt is really taking no hostages, GREAT! grin grin grin At least we can be sure of getting round pegs in round holes, now that some of these goons are gone.
My fear is once Fashola leaves the state house, will there be continuity?

GOV' FASH IS WORKING, LAGOS IS WORKING!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by unanghope: 9:12am On Feb 14, 2013
2rd to comments
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Ceeezar(m): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2013
The wind is blowing hard and things are beginning to open.
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by vanstanzy(m): 9:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Dr. Wise:

Mehn, i never knew people had such bad sight like this o. Here, have a magnifying glass and look closer. grin grin grin

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Kzinne: 9:14am On Feb 14, 2013
Fashola is clueless
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by vanstanzy(m): 9:17am On Feb 14, 2013
unanghope: 2rd to comments

Were u going to write 2nd or 3rd? Its "comment" and not "comments". Meanwhile do as ur username says and "hope" again to be 2nd. grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Djololo: 9:21am On Feb 14, 2013
ONLY SACK?
I THINK THEY NEED TO VISIT...ARIEA F grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Sweetapple007(f): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2013
This country is corrupt. May God deliver nig frm corrupt
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by kennytidistar(m): 9:23am On Feb 14, 2013
And these guys help tinubu and fashola to steal ballot boxes and rig election before they were given an appointment letter. So it is true that, the man you put your lifee online through dubious mean can return to kick you out.

What a world. shocked
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 14, 2013
unanghope: 2rd to comments
laff wan kill me oo *crying and laughing for you*

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Stegomiah: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2013
whatsoever you sow, you will reap even dough it may tarry. i think they should be jailed 4 dis, as it is a serious crime, only God knows 4 au many years dey must av bin benefitting 4rm dis falsehood
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Artistree: 9:28am On Feb 14, 2013
mikeyhernadez: laff wan kill me oo *crying and laughing for you*
Laff wan paralyse my left hand...My broda, u see wetin 1st to comment dey cause?
Me sef na 21th to comment. LWMMF!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 14, 2013
Artistree:
Laff wan paralyse my left hand...see wetin 1st to comment dey cause?
i tire oo
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by NaLaugh: 9:30am On Feb 14, 2013
i bet if they look closer, there will be more.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by takedat(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2013
Hope this is a continuous process cos government will need to root out more of the "Oluwole certificate forgers"! Its saddening that those qualified are not given a chance while the unqualified ones continue to short change the system. They should be other punitive measures to serve as deterrent and government should devise means of verifying certificates at the time of employment!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by docemoking: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2013
Being civil servant myself, i feel this is the best devt but it has to go round all the ministies to fish out the bad eggs among us
take dat: Hope this is a continuous process cos government will need to root out more of the "Oluwole certificate forgers"! Its saddening that those qualified are not given a chance while the unqualified ones continue to short change the system. They should be other punitive measures to serve as deterrent and government should devise means of verifying certificates at the time of employment!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Desdola(m): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2013
This is a step in the right direction. Verification of certificate should be carried out regularly cos there are productive youths out there with genuine certificate looking for jobs while d incapable and less qualified ones are employed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by Nobody: 10:20am On Feb 14, 2013
Good move!
What abt d fake Toronto certificate said to be resting in Bourdillon drive? Ok...i remember...he's d national leader of our great party.
Join us as we sweep corruption out of nigeria with our broom, come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by AnitaMandy: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Dr. Wise:
better luck next time. Get etisalat easy blaze.
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by slimming: 10:25am On Feb 14, 2013
This supposed to be a national wide exercise.
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by NoQualms1(f): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2013
Hmmm, serves them right.
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by playto(m): 10:26am On Feb 14, 2013
I believe verification of certicate must have taken place at the initial stage of their employment.why is it coming up again at a latter day after enjoying government money over the years..if nt dat d corrupt ppl dat gave dem way no longer receive settlement from dem...corruption is d bane of good goverance in nigeria,d employers en even d employed are all corrupt....anyways,hw is dis event gonna reduce d numba of unemployed qualified graduate roaming the street of Lagos everyday.
Re: Lagos Sacks 35 Officials For Certificate Forgery by badesco(m): 10:45am On Feb 14, 2013
May be some of them have over step their boundaries hence this punitive action.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akerodolu To Meet Buhari On Amotekun Today / Tribunal Dismiss LP's Petition Against Deputy Reps Speaker, Ben Kalu / Breaking News: Supreme Court Sacks Kebbi Gov, Orders Fresh Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.