Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' (1352 Views)

Picture Of Rivers Local Government Boss Sharing Marijuana Goes Viral / Obiano Launches Anambra Daily Road Sweepers, 300 Employed / SSG Of Cross River State Held Hostage By Road Sweepers For Unpaid Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by olatade(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Authority (LCDA) is currently embroiled in crisis over the decision of the authorities of the council area to sack 60 street sweepers, who are mostly widows.
Incidentally, the head of the LCDA is a woman, Alhaja Funmilayo Mohammed.
Mohammed was the vice chairman of the LCDA for six year before her appointment as the interim head.
Of the 100 sweepers in the council, she said 60 had to go because they were too old for the job, adding that she planned for a fresh recruitment.
It was learnt that she had claimed that Governor Akinwunmi Ambode directed her to sack the widows who were on a salary of N10,000 per month.
She reportedly claimed that insufficient fund was also responsible for the directive.
When Tribune Online told her that the LCDA allocation in July was N67 million, N77 million in August and N50 million in September, she got angry and said: "Those who reported to you, are they saying I can't fire anyone again. Is what I did beyond my power?"
When told that mostly old women do the sweeping job coupled with the fact that they are widows, she replied: "I screened them before sacking them. I want to replace them with those who can work. Other local government simply sacked all of them. I still screened them. They are old women. If you can't come to the council for us to talk one-on-one, so I can see your Tribune I.D card, I don't have anything to say to you again."

http://tribuneonlineng.com/female-local-government-boss-lagos-sacks-60-widow-street-sweepers-being-too-old
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by sherrylo: 9:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
So all the 60 women na widow?
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Na wa Oo. Does their being old affect their effectiveness? These are the kind of people that need these kind of jobs.. my opinion though
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by tjfulloption(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
angry the kind vex I wan vex still dey do pressup. Alart! A BLABBING BLARBBER sported.

Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by GenOrumov: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
OldJohn:
Na wa Oo. Does their being old affect their effectiveness? These are the kind of people that need these kind of jobs.. my opinion though

Just to ask you are question, how many old people (60 and above) can do a strenuous job like sweeping expressways or dual carriage ways filled with crazy drivers?

In a sane clime, these grandmas shouldn't be working but be taken care of by the government.

3 Likes

Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by slimfit1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 08, 2015
OldJohn:

Well they are widows as he said its the government duty to take care of them 60 on #10,000 and they are complaining it must be affecting their loot one day sha the young shall grow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by slimfit1(m): 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2015
OldJohn:

Well they are widows as he said its the government duty to take care of them 60 on #10,000 and they are complaining it must be affecting their looting funds one day sha the young shall grow.
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by ifyan(m): 11:52pm On Oct 08, 2015
Women worst enemy are their fellow women

A popular saying
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by neocortex: 1:29am On Oct 09, 2015
This inconsiderate madam forgot that she is occupying that seat temporarily.
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by tpiander: 1:41am On Oct 09, 2015
Lord have mercy.
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by BALLOSKI: 2:00am On Oct 09, 2015
She's heartless!
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2015
GenOrumov:

Just to ask you are question, how many old people (60 and above) can do a strenuous job like sweeping expressways or dual carriage ways filled with crazy drivers?

In a sane clime, these grandmas shouldn't be working but be taken care of by the government.

grin grin do you think if they were being taken care of by the government, they will be out there sweeping?? I don't see the need of putting youths on the road to be sweeping for 10000. That's a waste of manpower and intelligence especially. They should help youths with agricultural programs or more intellectual challenging programs not wasting quality time of your life sweeping roads

1 Like

Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by tpiander: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2015
tjfulloption:
angry the kind vex I wan vex still dey do pressup. Alart! A BLABBING BLARBBER sported.

Stop posting that picture, thanks.
Re: Female Local Government Boss In Lagos Sacks 60 Widow Street Sweepers For Being ' by GenOrumov: 9:19am On Oct 09, 2015
OldJohn:

grin grin do you think if they were being taken care of by the government, they will be out there sweeping?? I don't see the need of putting youths on the road to be sweeping for 10000. That's a waste of manpower and intelligence especially. They should help youths with agricultural programs or more intellectual challenging programs not wasting quality time of your life sweeping roads

Mr. Man, don get me wrong. We are here to talk about old people employed as street sweepers. Nowhere did I say youths should be employed as street sweepers.

(1) (Reply)

PMB With Family Back In 1983 / So Who fixed that road? (pict) / PHOTOS: Adams And Iara Oshiomhole At Traditional Wedding Of Oyegun’s Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.