Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,022 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! (2761 Views)

Enugu Community Decries Arrest Of 76 Villagers After Feud With Fulani Herdsmen / Fearless: Biafrans Protest Despite Being Shot At - Video / Commisioning Of Unit 6 (1320 MW) Egbin Power Station -live On Nta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 5:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
This is a country where they have practically no chance of getting foreign contractors to even build Power stations for them as a result of International sanctions because of the Nuclear Program.
Yet some D.i.c.k Heads will come here and tell us that 16 years of PDP rule is not enough to even generate 10,000 megawatts and that we need more years before we can meet just 10,000MW.
Currently, Iran have the capacity to export 10,000MW to neighboring countries and yet Nigeria has not yet manage to produce 5,000MW. shame on you PDP.
Iran is exporting electricity to Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Syria, Lebanon and Turkey. This is a big shame on PDP. This people and their supporters are the most clueless and stvpid people ever to grace this world.
read for ya self.

[size=17pt]Painful[/size]

Iranian Deputy Energy Minister Ali Zabihi says the country's power generation capacity is set to hit 76,000 megawatts (MW) when the underway projects come on stream.

Zabihi said on Wednesday that the country produced about 5,000 MW of electricity during the previous Iranian calendar year (ended March 19, 2012), and is projected to boost electricity generation by 4,000 MW by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (ends March 20, 2013).

On January 19, Managing Director of Iran Power Generation and Transmission Company (TAVANIR) Homayoun Hayeri said the country ranks first in the Middle East in terms of electricity generation.

“Iran electricity industry ranks 14th in the world and first in the Middle East in terms of electricity generation by having an installed power generation capacity of [size=20pt]67,806 MW[/size],” Hayeri added.

He noted that Iran is the largest exporter and importer of electricity in the Middle East and is exchanging power with many countries in the region.

Hayeri further noted that Iran’s power exports and imports are set to increase to 15 billion MW by the end of the current Iranian calendar year.

The Iranian official also pointed out that 99 percent of the equipment required for power generation, transfer and distribution is domestically designed and produced.
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/02/14/288951/iran-power-generation-to-hit-76000mw/
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 5:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
This is a Thread i will ensure i keep alive till 2015. Nigerians need to have their brains refreshed so as to vote out this PDP.
this is just too shameful

2 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by blacksta(m): 5:28pm On Feb 14, 2013
I will help you, If i were the president of Nigeria i will solve the Nigerian power problem in just under a year even if it means hiring floating power stations. what is point of having monies in reserve if you are hungry.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
You are not a Nigerian so you can not feel my pain.
Though as a diasporan i don't normally have to go through the pains all year round but this is just disgusting.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Lobolintin(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2013
God purnish PDP... Fashola has IPP in lagos...
APC.. Plz i wil gve u people my vote,just plz gve us what we want.. Even me,am an exporter of electricity,in my own country wit my IPP...
Gvin at least 2000volts to my 6neigbours wit i pass my neighbour power plant(generator...)..
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Pygru: 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
seanet01: This is a country where they have practically no chance of getting foreign contractors to even build Power stations for them as a result of International sanctions because of the Nuclear Program.
Yet some D.i.c.k Heads will come here and tell us that 16 years of PDP rule is not enough to even generate 10,000 megawatts and that we need more years before we can meet just 10,000MW.
Currently, Iran have the capacity to export 10,000MW to neighboring countries and yet Nigeria has not yet manage to produce 5,000MW. shame on you PDP.
Iran is exporting electricity to Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkmenistan, Syria, Lebanon and Turkey. This is a big shame on PDP. This people and their supporters are the most clueless and stvpid people ever to grace this world.
read for ya self.

[size=17pt]Painful[/size]

Iranian Deputy Energy Minister Ali Zabihi says the country's power generation capacity is set to hit 76,000 megawatts (MW) when the underway projects come on stream.

Zabihi said on Wednesday that the country produced about 5,000 MW of electricity during the previous Iranian calendar year (ended March 19, 2012), and is projected to boost electricity generation by 4,000 MW by the end of the current Iranian calendar year (ends March 20, 2013).

On January 19, Managing Director of Iran Power Generation and Transmission Company (TAVANIR) Homayoun Hayeri said the country ranks first in the Middle East in terms of electricity generation.

“Iran electricity industry ranks 14th in the world and first in the Middle East in terms of electricity generation by having an installed power generation capacity of [size=20pt]67,806 MW[/size],” Hayeri added.

He noted that Iran is the largest exporter and importer of electricity in the Middle East and is exchanging power with many countries in the region.

Hayeri further noted that Iran’s power exports and imports are set to increase to 15 billion MW by the end of the current Iranian calendar year.

The Iranian official also pointed out that 99 percent of the equipment required for power generation, transfer and distribution is domestically designed and produced.
http://www.presstv.com/detail/2013/02/14/288951/iran-power-generation-to-hit-76000mw/

Iran's first independent modern parliament was established in 1902, unlike Nigeria (1960), so they have a 60 year head-start on Nigeria in terms of self-government. You would expect them to have achieved more in terms of infrastructure.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Iran's first independent modern parliament was established in 1902, unlike Nigeria (1960), so they have a 60 year head-start on Nigeria in terms of self-government. You would expect them to have achieved more in terms of infrastructure.
what nonsense! So because we started Parliament in 1960 then we shouldn't be able to generate 10,000 megawatts of electricity? what do you say about South Africa who got their independence in the 90's and yet they generate 10 times of what Nigeria generates? or is it not the same British that colonized us? rubbish!
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by tchaik(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

If they tell you now to go and live under the draconian rule of Iran's Ayatollahs which brought about the situation you so admire, you will run. Maybe you need to ask yourself ''at what price'' before showing your adoration.

Are you for real? So cause Iran aint so democratic, we should forget the glaring fact that they have achieved alot despite being under heavy Sanctions for years? Sanctions aside, I read somewhere that the money spent on Power in Nigeria since 1999 is enough to power half of Africa. (Can't remember the source again)!

We should put on sack clothes, pour ashes on our heads and bemoan our Gross under-achievement instead blabbing some unintelligent justification.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by tchaik(m): 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: what nonsense! So because we started Parliament in 1960 then we shouldn't be able to generate 10,000 megawatts of electricity? what do you say about South Africa who got their independence in the 90's and yet they generate 10 times of what Nigeria generates? or is it not the same British that colonized us? rubbish!

Bless you sister!
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by eledalo: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:
If they tell you now to go and live under the draconian rule of Iran's Ayatollahs which brought about the situation you so admire, you will run. Maybe you need to ask yourself ''at what price'' before showing your adoration.

Apologies for the harsh words, but this is just stu()pid. Honestly, I'm so sorry.

The point he is making is that even under a dictatorial and sanctioned system, Iran still is able to ensure supply of electricity for its citizens and export for others.

Regarding your 2nd sentence,
1. Iran has a 60 year head-start so Nigeria will have to wait 111 years before it can get constant electricity? What?
2. What of Singapore, that gained independence in 1963 and has electricity?

I can't keep replying to such poorly thought out posts. Please I'm sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 14, 2013
eledalo:

Apologies for the harsh words, but this is just stu()pid. Honestly, I'm so sorry.

The point he is making is that even under a dictatorial and sanctioned system, Iran still is able to ensure supply of electricity for its citizens and export for others.

It is not necessarily ''even under''. It could well be ''BECAUSE OF'' a VERY HARSH dictatorial system that they can achieve this. Question which you're trying to doge is ARE YOU WILLING TO LIVE UNDER SUCH A SYSTEM IN NIGERIA? A system in which there is NO OPPOSITION TO GOVT, in which dissidents are routinely jailed and murdered, and journalists forced to flee? Because THAT WAS WHAT the Iranian govt felt was necessary to push through their development agenda. It wasn't through the type of ''equality, fairness, democracy, one man one vote, PDP, ACN'' system we operate in Nigeria. So any praise of Iran MUST include a consideration of the system they employed to get there. If their system is NOT what you would choose in Nigeria, then you cannot brandish the fruits of that system in Nigeria's face.

As for sanctions, they already achieved self-sufficiency in power decades before any sanctions were placed on them, so that's irrelevant.

Regarding your 2nd sentence,
1. Iran has a 60 year head-start so Nigeria will have to wait 111 years before it can get constant electricity? What?
Why 111 years? I don't see the correlation.

2. What of Singapore, that gained independence in 1963 and has electricity?

Singapore has a population of 5 million. It'd be absurd if they had power problems. Name nations that are equivalent or similar to Nigeria in population, resources, colonial history etc, and you'll find they face the very same challenges we do. India, Pakistan, Brazil, Venezuela. They all have similar problems to us, including power issues, and it's really just a matter of TIME before we get to where we want.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by grafikii: 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
Subscribing
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by grafikii: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

It is not necessarily ''even under''. It could well be ''BECAUSE OF'' a VERY HARSH dictatorial system that they can achieve this. Question which you're trying to doge is ARE YOU WILLING TO LIVE UNDER SUCH A SYSTEM IN NIGERIA? A system in which there is NO OPPOSITION TO GOVT, in which dissidents are routinely murdered, and journalists forced to flee? Because THAT WAS WHAT the Iranian govt felt was necessary to push through their development agenda. It wasn't through the type of ''equality, fairness, democracy, one man one vote, PDP, ACN'' system we operate in Nigeria. So any praise of Iran MUST include the system they employed to get there. Development does not occur in a vacuum.

As for sanctions, they already achieved self-sufficiency in power decades before any sanctions were placed on them, so that's irrelevant.

Why 111 years? I don't see the correlation.

Singapore has a population of 5 million. It'd be absurd if they had power problems.

What nonsense are you talking, are the iranians complaining, must everyone live in western model. Na wa.
At least they are not hungry and they live a decent life.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
grafikii:
What nonsense are you talking, are the iranians complaining, must everyone live in western model. Na wa.
At least they are not hungry and they live a decent life.

Are you willing to live under their type of political/social system? Yes or NO!!!

Why are there so few Nigerian migrants to Iran?

Afterall they produce 10 billion megawatts.

Can YOU settle in Iran??
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
@ROSSIKE,

And why is Nigeria generating a lower energy output than Bangladesh, a country not renowned for any natural endowments beyond its people ?

Does Algeria, which gained its independence a mere 6 years earlier, not generate and export more power?

1 Like

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Are you willing to live under their type of political/social system? Yes or NO!!!

Can YOU settle in Iran??
dude! try and reason with your brain and not your pubic hair! are you trying to justify Nigeria's inability to generate up to 10,000 megawatts to be the Democratic government we have?

6 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Geomac: 7:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: dude! try and reason with your brain and not your pubic hair! are you trying to justify Nigeria's inability to generate up to 10,000 megawatts to be the Democratic government we have?

berem punched Rossike on the left chin.....he staggered for a minute, before he could get his momentum he got another punch. Yakata he fell flat on a muddy ground.

I no know say woman fit punch man to death o.

5 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 7:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Rossike, there is absolutely no explanation or excuse for this.
This simply goes on to tell us that this present PDP led Federal government is a clueless government if for a Whopping 16 years it cannot add just 10000MW to the National grid. This is nothing but incapacility at its peak.
Soon i will be doing a detailed examination on Iranian Power stations, how much they cost per station and the number of Years it took to build them.
Watch out.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by grafikii: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Can YOU settle in Iran??
What is wrong with living in Iran, have you been there physically or through CNN.

1 Like

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2013
grafikii:
What is wrong with living in Iran, have you been there physically or through CNN.
He has been there before, by entering the TV straight to Iran through CNN.
I cannot just believe somebody is defending this.
What a Shame

1 Like

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
berem: dude! try and reason with your brain and not your pubic hair! are you trying to justify Nigeria's inability to generate up to 10,000 megawatts to be the Democratic government we have?

Why can't you fools answer a simple question??

You're here praising Iran for generating 1 billion mw. I now told you that Iran has done this BECAUSE OF the harsh dictatorial political system it operates whereby ZERO OPPOSITION is tolerated by govt in all facets of life. There is no debate about anything. No disagreement. No accountability. No National Assembly debating motions etc. Any opposition to govt means instant arrest, imprisonment, and/or execution.

I PUT IT TO YOU THAT IRAN COULD NEVER ACHIEVE WHAT IT HAS WITHOUT THAT SYSTEM IN PLACE.

Next question: ARE YOU WILLING TO LIVE THROUGH SUCH A POLITICAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA?

IF THE ANSWERR IS NO, THEN YOU HAVE NO BASIS TO COMPARE NIGERIA TO IRAN.

Tell me something. Are you aware that a harsh, dictatorial state is by nature a form of corruption?

They steal your rights.

They steal your liberty.

They steal your voice.

They steal your freedom of religion.

They steal your freedom of association.

They steal your freedom of opinion.

In exchange they give you 24/7 light and cheap food.

So there IS A PRICE.

Don't come here brandishing Iran's achievements without telling the people the price Iranians paid for it.

ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY THE SAME PRICE IN NIGERIA?

IF NOT, THEN DON'T MENTION IRAN.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nigeria can boast of 3400 megawatts. The country deserves to be hammered by Kim Jon Oun angry
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
toothpaste: Nigeria can boast of 3400 megawatts. The country deserves to be hammered by Kim Jon Oun angry

Don't tell lies. At last count, 4,500 mw and projected to hit 6,000 mw this year.

At independence in 1960, after 80 years of British rule and exploitation of Nigeria's resources, Nigeria generated an abysmal 270 megawatts.

Today, after 50 years of indigenous rule, we generate 4,500 mw.

We've done ten times better than the colonial govt, and the great thing is that we keep increasing output yearly, which should be encouraged, not rubbished by stup.id comparisons with IRAN which began modern self-government probably a century before us.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Sibrah: 9:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Why can't you fools answer a simple question??

You're here praising Iran for generating 1 billion mw. I now told you that Iran has done this BECAUSE OF the harsh dictatorial political system it operates whereby ZERO OPPOSITION is tolerated by govt in all facets of life. There is no debate about anything. No disagreement. No accountability. No National Assembly debating motions etc. Any opposition to govt means instant arrest, imprisonment, and/or execution.

I PUT IT TO YOU THAT IRAN COULD NEVER ACHIEVE WHAT IT HAS WITHOUT THAT SYSTEM IN PLACE.

Next question: ARE YOU WILLING TO LIVE THROUGH SUCH A POLITICAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA?

IF THE ANSWERR IS NO, THEN YOU HAVE NO BASIS TO COMPARE NIGERIA TO IRAN.

Tell me something. Are you aware that a harsh, dictatorial state is by nature a form of corruption?

They steal your rights.

They steal your liberty.

They steal your voice.

They steal your freedom of religion.

They steal your freedom of association.

They steal your freedom of opinion.

In exchange they give you 24/7 light and cheap food.

So there IS A PRICE.

Don't come here brandishing Iran's achievements without telling the people the price Iranians paid for it.

ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY THE SAME PRICE IN NIGERIA?

IF NOT, THEN DON'T MENTION IRAN.

What abt South Africa?
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
grafikii:

Go and live there let us see. Talk is cheap. How many Nigerians do you know that live in Iran?

Why aren't Nigerians flooding there, afterall they have 24/7 power?

Why would most Nigerians PREFER TO REMAIN IN NIGERIA than settle in Iran, even with their 24/7 power?

Answer directly!!
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by hercules07: 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Go and live there let us see. Talk is cheap. How many Nigerians do you know that live in Iran?

Why aren't Nigerians flooding there, afterall they have 24/7 power?

Why would most Nigerians PREFER TO REMAIN IN NIGERIA than settle in Iran, even with their 24/7 power?

Answer directly!!

What are you talking about? These people are achieving despite sanctions and by the way, Iran is both a democracy and a theocracy.

1 Like

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 14, 2013
Sibrah: What abt South Africa?

South Africa? Do you realise that by the 1930s South Africa WAS ALREADY A FULLY DEVELOPED, MODERN COUNTRY?

Do you know why?

Because their white govt re-invested the proceeds of that country's resources in the country. Why? Because they had a substantial white population.

Unlike the British colonial govt of Nigeria which did nothing but LOOT, LOOT, AND LOOT.

South Africa built her first universities in the 1890s and 1900s using proceeds from the gold and minerals produced by that country.

In Nigeria? The British ruled 1897 to 1960 and in that period, did not build ONE university in Nigeria. Not a single power plant was built. There was actually no national grid when they left in 1960. In fact Chief Obafemi Awolowo was fond of telling the British that he had achieved more in the Western region in 2 years as premier than the British had achieved in all West Africa since the 1890s when they arrived.

So what are we talking about? We started FROM SCRATCH in 1960. Even literacy was at 7 or 8% at independence. Today that is 75% courtesy of post colonial Nigerian govt investment in mass education.

Why were almost all our grandparents illiterate peasants? They shouldn't have been. They should have been lawyers, administrators, industrialists, scientists, bankers.

It was British misrule, theft and deliberate non-development of their black territories, despite exporting resources worth countless billions of dollars in today's currency, that meant we are today playing CATCH UP with the world, AND MAKING GLIB COMPARISONS with ''IRAN'', ''SOUTH AFRICA'' etc in complete ignorance of the BACKGROUND to these nations is IGNORANT and ILLITERATE.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
hercules07:

What are you talking about? These people are achieving despite sanctions

I wrote just above that Iran had achieved power self sufficiency DECADES before sanctions were imposed, so sanctions are irrelevant to their current output. Use your brain and don't just type out of blind, thoughtless admiration for other nations.

and by the way, Iran is both a democracy and a theocracy.

Democracy? Keep lying to yourself. Why are they not a magnet for migrants, especially Nigerians/Africans?
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 9:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Are you deaf, dumb or blind? I wrote just above that Iran had achieved power self sufficiency DECADES before sanctions were imposed, so sanctions are irrelevant to their current output. Use your brain and don't just type out of blind self-loathing and thoughtless admiration for other nations.

Democracy? Keep lying to yourself. Why are they not a magnet for migrants, especially Nigerians/Africans?

Are you insinuating that Only Countries that Practise Democracy can attract outsiders?
How come you know all this about Iran when you have never been there?
I salute the Afro-realistic tendencies in you but you must not allow those instincts to blind you in apportioning blame where it should be.
Me pulling this out does not reflect that African or Nigerians are incapable,
am only trying to prove the incapacility of the Present ruling party in generating at least just 10000MW despite spending Billions of dollars on this Important Sector called Power sector.
Rossike stop defending PDP.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by taharqa: 9:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Another STU.PID thread. I dont care any one telling me how bad things was in Nigeria in terms of Power, I already knew that; I care about what THIS admin is doing to fixing the problem. I care that GEJ inherited an unstable Public Power system that only wheeled about 2000MW, but has stabilised it to about 4500MW (that's over 100% increase in more than 2yrs)- and dat is not considering that Nigeria actuali hv d Capacity to produce about 6700MW today but for Transmission and Distribution concerns. I care that additional 2700MW capacity wud be added to the Grid this year once the remaining 10 NIPP new Power plants are completed (and they wud be completed this year). I care that the over 3000MW Mambilla and Jebba Dam Hydropower, which oda Govts hv been promising for decades without even doing a proper Feasibility Study, are NOW bn CONSTRUCTED by Chinese Loans. I care that hundreds of Transmission/Distribution Lines and substations are been done simultaneously through out the country, just as Gas lines are bn repaired and laid/expanded. I care that the country is currently seeing through what d Harvard Business Study have called 'the single largest Power Privatisation and Reform' in Africa (if not the world); and I KNOW that it wud most certainly change the face of the Power sector in Nigeria once the process concludes in less than 3 months, just as the face of Telecoms was changed foreva in Nigeria afta the Liberalisation/Privatisation Process, which made the nation to not only be consistently amongst the fastest growing Telecoms market in d world but also took the No of Active Lines from about 400, 000 to over 119,000,000 today significantly outpacing those nations that were way ahead of us pre-2005. And I can only imagine what this same Power sector wud be in sm years, I can only imagine: d expansion of each of the 15 Gas/Thermal Power plants to at least 1000MW each by their new Private owners to meet their design requirements as well as the Hydroplants; the many completely new plants that wud come into the systems years from now, from various Investors (local and foreign) as well as various State Govts. I can only imagine d vast possibilities in this country if we continued in this direction and at this pace, and I will do my very little best to ensure we continued on this SURE Path and that nothing (repeat, NOTHING) derails it. This is Really what I CARE about.
Re: Iran Generating 76,800 MW And Exporting Power Despite Being Under Sanctions!!! by seanet01: 9:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Rossike i think you are missing the point.
In 1989, Iran was just generating just 7800 which leaves a shortfall of 2000 according to their needs then.
But Between 1989 and 2009, Iranian Power generation has risen to 45000MW, A MASSIVE difference of almost 35000MW within 20 years.
However PDP that has been in Power for over 16 years cannot add 3000MW to the national grid.
That is what am trying to iron out here not sullying Africans which is a phobia for you.
So in 2015 PDP must go at all cost.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Officers, 12 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Named / Let's Go To Court - SaharaReporters Dares GEJ / Ebola Virus: I Smell Conspiracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.