Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,242 members, 7,957,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms (3072 Views)

Did Afrisoft Actually Tested SPC 4 Before Making It Available? / Voguepay-online CARD Payment Processor By Afrisoft. / Afrisoft Interactive Buys Www.estoresms.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by sluvy4tune(m): 7:54pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dear Afrisoft

I pray you stumble on this Article & Act fast, I wanted to make this personal but i felt i am not the only one who is in this mess Your once Innovatives products has created.
I know what might be going through your mind as you read this, you might be thinking i am paid to write this or one of your competitors trying to ruin your business but you are wrong I AM ONE OF YOUR HUMBLE BULKSMS RESELLER.

Afrisoft i am compel to ask if you actually know what it takes to run an IT firm ? Yes i admit you are skillful and have developed Good products that has added values & simplified business but managing a firm goes beyond Coding or web programming, It takes sincerity & service delivery to survive in IT business especially in this part of the world where the average Nigerian believes by default that an IT person is not reliable or fraudulent personally i dont blame them cuz you have made us liars & unreliable.

How can i explain to my clients that my most preached about reliable bulksms portal is been hacked for over 4days(even displaying hackers name) or that am upgrading, I know i was naive to have you design & host my sms portal but i made that decision on the basis that to a large extents you will not fail & that even if you do, it can be fixed even before any one will notice; was i wrong to have had such believe in you ? As a your reseller i automatically become your partner so for that i should be privy to every happenings as its relate to my area of partnership with you, How can you take off my site (as it happened all through today 14/02/2012) in the name of maintenance without informing me ? How can my site homepage be displaying hackers details & info while yours is running perfectly is that a sign you are not interested in my progress ? is it that your staff strength does not equate your clients or what is really the problem maybe you should try & explain i am human i will listen.

I have had it upto my neck, if not for the sake of my clients who still stand by me during your days of tormenting me i would have had it quit, but i want you to understand that my patience might not last forver !

i will be glad if the mod can make him see this

Regards
SMS RESELLER
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by Technika: 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
sluvy4tune: Dear Afrisoft

I pray you stumble on this Article & Act fast, I wanted to make this personal but i felt i am not the only one who is in this mess Your once Innovatives products has created.
I know what might be going through your mind as you read this, you might be thinking i am paid to write this or one of your competitors trying to ruin your business but you are wrong I AM ONE OF YOUR HUMBLE BULKSMS RESELLER.

Afrisoft i am compel to ask if you actually know what it takes to run an IT firm ? Yes i admit you are skillful and have developed Good products that has added values & simplified business but managing a firm goes beyond Coding or web programming, It takes sincerity & service delivery to survive in IT business especially in this part of the world where the average Nigerian believes by default that an IT person is not reliable or fraudulent personally i dont blame them cuz you have made us liars & unreliable.

How can i explain to my clients that my most preached about reliable bulksms portal is been hacked for over 4days(even displaying hackers name) or that am upgrading, I know i was naive to have you design & host my sms portal but i made that decision on the basis that to a large extents you will not fail & that even if you do, it can be fixed even before any one will notice; was i wrong to have had such believe in you ? As a your reseller i automatically become your partner so for that i should be privy to every happenings as its relate to my area of partnership with you, How can you take off my site (as it happened all through today 14/02/2012) in the name of maintenance without informing me ? How can my site homepage be displaying hackers details & info while yours is running perfectly is that a sign you are not interested in my progress ? is it that your staff strength does not equate your clients or what is really the problem maybe you should try & explain i am human i will listen.

I have had it upto my neck, if not for the sake of my clients who still stand by me during your days of tormenting me i would have had it quit, but i want you to understand that my patience might not last forver !

i will be glad if the mod can make him see this

Regards
SMS RESELLER

You are right. A number of us are affected too. What a pitty
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by soloqy: 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2013
These complaints on Afrisoft are getting frequent and should worry the owners, no?
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by Gmmail(m): 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
Open source cms has its pitfalls. One reason why you should always update you web application.
even the best CMS fall prey to hackers.
=============================================================
Afrisoft should have your issue sorted out though.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by GraphicsPlus(m): 4:28am On Feb 15, 2013
You should explore legal means to address this. Cant u drag afrisoft to court?
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by lojik(m): 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
Its a pity we have failed you so much. We have failed you while we have believed all is well.
An apology will not be enough but an immediate step of action. I can assure you that all your issues will be resolved today if you provide your domain name.

The hacking was not particularly our fault. A lot of Joomla sites were hacked worldwide at the time your site was hacked and we sprung to action to restore and protect the resellers that reported their site as hacked (Some did not). As far as i was aware, all the reported sites were restored. Up till now, we are not aware that ur site was hacked and has not been restored.

During the hack, the hacker injected some scripts that have been sending out spam mails from the hacked sites and as such, the data center routed the domains to a null IP two days ago. This is why your site went offline yesterday without notice. Immediately we got informed, we sent mail and sms to all affected resellers that we are running unscheduled corrective maintenance to locate and remove the spam scripts so that their sites will be restored.

Most of what you have experienced was because of the Joomla hack and i sincerely apologize for not having served you better and more promptly.
Most of the affected reseller sites have been restored yesterday.

Please provide your domain name so that i can monitor it personally.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by lojik(m): 12:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Although, the servers were running, in order to beat the time it would take to resolve the spamming issues and the blocked domains with the data center, we moved all the affected sites to another data center yesterday but it took some time to move lots of data. This is why some sites took time to come up (Including estore). Please provide your domain so that we can be sure that all has been resolved.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by WebsiteGuy: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2013
OP let me give you an advice. build your own joomla site then use their sms application. That is what i am doing now.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get back MY DOMAIN BY TRANSFER. THOUGHT I OWN THE DOMAIN THAT THEY ONLY HELPED ME TO DESIGN, FOR WHERE? THEY DON'T WANT TO GIVE ME MY DOMAIN DETAILS FOR TRANSFER. I WANT TO DO THE TRANSFER BECAUSE THEIR HOSTING IS BAD AND SO THAT I CAN MANAGE THE CPANEL & EVERYTHING ON MY OWN. FOR WHERE? NOW I HAVE GOT ANOTHER DOMAIN AND NOW DESIGNING A NEW JOOMLA SITE. THEN I WILL USE THEIR SMS COMPONENT. AND THEN INFORM MY CUSTOMERS OF THE DOMAIN CHANGE SINCE THEY ARE NOT YET TOO MANY.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by sluvy4tune(m): 6:26am On Feb 16, 2013
Thank you all for your response i kindly appreciate....but @WEBSITEGUY i really dont know where to start from i cant possibly change domain as it happen the name its what i have been using even on my other business website itz kind of a trademark now so even if i will use legal means afrisoft will have to give me ownership to my domain via transefer If there service does not improve after today

@LOJIK thank you for your response but i cant possibly provide my domain name here as most of my clients might be seeing this thread, Secondly I agree your host happens to be the major issue here other resellers using your sms components are up & running so why must our case be different? even as am writing this piece my site has not been restored since yesterday,already i have lost some clients, & 2day been weekend & my sms site is still not up what possible excuse will i give to those who want to use it ?
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
@OP, just as WebsiteGuy advised, build your own joomla site then use their sms application. Shikena!

With my bad experience with lifelongsms in their days, I have decided never to allow any coy/developer handle my site for me unless they promise to give me full access to my cpanel etc so I can have total control over my site.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by Slyr0x: 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
lojik: Its a pity we have failed you so much. We have failed you while we have believed all is well.
An apology will not be enough but an immediate step of action. I can assure you that all your issues will be resolved today if you provide your domain name.

The hacking was not particularly our fault. A lot of Joomla sites were hacked worldwide at the time your site was hacked and we sprung to action to restore and protect the resellers that reported their site as hacked (Some did not). As far as i was aware, all the reported sites were restored. Up till now, we are not aware that ur site was hacked and has not been restored.

During the hack, the hacker injected some scripts that have been sending out spam mails from the hacked sites and as such, the data center routed the domains to a null IP two days ago. This is why your site went offline yesterday without notice. Immediately we got informed, we sent mail and sms to all affected resellers that we are running unscheduled corrective maintenance to locate and remove the spam scripts so that their sites will be restored.

Most of what you have experienced was because of the Joomla hack and i sincerely apologize for not having served you better and more promptly.
Most of the affected reseller sites have been restored yesterday.

Please provide your domain name so that i can monitor it personally.

Leke you see why we should handle your security for you? grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by bug24(m): 4:03am On Feb 18, 2013
Slyr0x:

Leke you see why we should handle your security for you? grin grin

Haaaaah! Slyr0x i knw u 4dat one. Security expertriate.

Ok,this isnt abt Leke (afrisoft)

...This thing has become soo very rampant... 1thing i wanna knw is dis, why wuld a coy withold a client's cpanel details? Why hold clients to ransom.

I belive dis is because d provider isnt sure clients will stay owing to their level of customer satisfaction.

Gives me d shivers.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by peterpot: 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
bug24:

...This thing has become soo very rampant... 1thing i wanna knw is dis, why wuld a coy withold a client's cpanel details? Why hold clients to ransom.

I belive dis is because d provider isnt sure clients will stay owing to their level of customer satisfaction.

Gives me d shivers.

bug24, Websiteguy did not mention that his cpanel details were not given to him. Haba!
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by JummyBy: 12:23am On Feb 19, 2013
bug24:

Gives me d shivers.

Whoever said anything about holding cpanel details? I have mine. I dont know how well the poster communicated his issues but mine was resolved promptly when I reached out to the support team. I understand what frustration the period must have been, thanks Lojik for keeping us in business grin
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by Goldcon: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Lojik, Afrisoft, Estoresms and whatever other name they operate with, are really looking for trouble with me and I must say that i am already warming up for it. My patience is seriously running out. It is like they have turned a break into a holiday.

I have been communicating with Seyi, Adebisi, Shade and two other persons there but I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY POSITIVE AND ENCOURAGING RESPONSE ON MY ISSUE. I dont want to mention the issue publicly yet because I are still considering the person of Ojikutu and have been very patient and understanding.

I have reached them again this morning and informed them that after next Friday (22 feb), i will take this issue a notch higher.
Re: Open Letter To Afrisoft Owners Of Estoresms by AmosChinedu: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
contact all is the best bulk sms site...visit www.contactallbulksms.com

(1) (Reply)

||•Own/Build/Create A Site Like MMM,Donation Hub,MLM,HYIP - Milichoco •|| / Download Latest Music At Naijaplay.tk / How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.