Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,611 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

What I Want For Valentine - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What I Want For Valentine (563 Views)

What I Want In A Woman / Re: Naija Love Rhymes For Valentine / Naija Love Rhymes For Valentine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Want For Valentine by offorkansi: 12:36am On Feb 15, 2013
This article was written this morning in reply to the question my boss asked me. I almost forgot that today is val's day (don't mind me, work has a way of making you forget a lot of things), so when I saw my boss stroll in casually and in no mood for work, I was wondering what he was up to. With a boyish grin he informed me that he's going on a special date with the wife. I tried to bury my anger with a half hearted smile knowing that his absence meant I'll have to work extra. As he was leaving, he asked me; Offor what do you want for val? Without thinking, I replied; I want love! He laughed and told me that what I want as a present cannot be bought off the counter. As he drove off, my answer got me thinking. I could have asked for something else; a phone, a wrist watch, an expensive perfume or a gadget. But I didn't want any of it, all I wanted was love. Not just the love that comes once in a year, but the love that stays each day all year round. Not the kind of love that vanishes after a night of passion on vals day but the type that burns with the flame of renewed affection with each waking day.
I want someone who my heart will beat for with a happy rhyme, someone who will bring smile on my sad face with the sound of her voice.
I want a love that is honest and true. A love that is loyal and pure (bearing no grudges and harboring no malice).
I don't want a perfect soul because that is an illusion. I want a love that is humble enough to admit mistakes and courageous enough to make amends.
I want a love that believes in my lofty dreams, one that won't be intimidated by my ambitions nor discourage my resolve to reach my goals.
I want a love that has ears to listen to my worries, shoulders on which I can find solace in moments of grief and a love that feels the silent fears of my heart.
I want a love with seductive beauty that will arouse my manly desires and sooth my cravings with the softness of her lips.
I want a love that makes me cry not with tears of hurt but of gratitude to God for giving me a precious treasure in the gift of a woman.
I want a love that will bring out the beauty in me while slaying the beast in my character.
I hope I am not asking for much. I am only asking for love. The four letter word that makes each waking day a blissful adventure. Happy valentine's day!

(1) (Reply)

How To Control Fear / A Birthday To Remember 3(contd) / Rolex Awards For Enterprise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.