Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,308 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

How Profitable Is Rental Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is Rental Business? (23770 Views)

For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest / How Profitable Is Bakery Business? / Rental Business - How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is Rental Business? by WAP: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2013
Rental Business (chairs, Tables, Canopies,etc) How Profitable Is This Business

Nairalanders, Part of my 2013 Business Strategy is to diversify into Rental Business (Chairs, Tables, Canopies,etc). How profitable is this business? What are the risks that needed to be managed? What are the costs implications?

Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by citypulseng(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Not many people know how lucrative chairs, tables and canopy rental business can be. Hardly a day goes by without the average Nigerian not having one or two things to celebrate. From birthdays, traditional engagements, weddings, graduation (apprenticeship), naming ceremony, house warming, remembrance, lying-in-state, burial rite, religious vigil down to the usual village meetings, the list is endless. And if it happens that you are the only one running the rental business in your area, just imagine what your daily turnover will look like. Not only are you guaranteed of more than 3 dozens of chairs, tables and canopies per person, you stand the chance of seizing the balance once any of the items demanded is broken. For those who are not in the know, leasing a dozen of white chairs costs N300, a table N250, N500 and a canopy is N1,500. So imagine a particular customer coming for 10 canopies, 20 dozens of chairs, 6 drums and 20 tables. What it means is that you are likely to make up to N29,000. Great, isn’t it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by braxjay(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
the profitability greatly depends on what you are renting.

rent a car or house - good money

rent chairs - well, God dey

rent plate n spoons - no comment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by momodub: 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
i dey come 2 commet
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by manny4life(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very lucrative, to set up an event with table, chairs, cloth, tents, canopies, silver and plates, etc is VERY profitable. The only problem is shrink. If you supply 100 today, come back in the evening 10 is broken...

In all seriousness, it's lucrative.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by pekelepekele(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2013
Profitable if you apply some knowledge to it like not giving out rentals for adult birthdays only if you want them to damage your chairs and tables another is make sure you are not giving rentals to any party you know a big musician is coming to play . If you can do all that you are in money

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by honeric01(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hmmm, but you sure need a land/storage for this?

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by tefund(m): 6:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
WAP: Rental Business (chairs, Tables, Canopies,etc) How Profitable Is This Business

Nairalanders, Part of my 2013 Business Strategy is to diversify into Rental Business (Chairs, Tables, Canopies,etc). How profitable is this business? What are the risks that needed to be managed? What are the costs implications?

Thank you all.
it is really profitable if you can draw clients

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by iamswizz(m): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2013
Its not a bad biz. Expecially if you have a vehicle like Nissan Canter which can be used for taking the tables, chairs etc to & fro.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by a1solution: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
pekelepekele: Profitable if you apply some knowledge to it like not giving out rentals for adult birthdays only if you want them to damage your chairs and tables another is make sure you are not giving rentals to any party you know a big musician is coming to play . If you can do all that you are in money
what if u draft out an agreement paper so dey sign and pay if there is any damage when returning ur stuffs?

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Diamonddamsel: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
It's profitability largely depends on your location and your marketing ability.
I doubt if you can get patronage always daily though.

It's more of a weekend business that's when more occasions take place.
With the right attitude and location It can be profitable.
All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Elsafema: 6:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
But do u consider the amount u will need to put all these in place, one white plastic chairs is around N1500 one dozen is about N18000 and u will give one dozen out for just N300 or N600

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Rexsul: 6:29pm On Feb 27, 2013
Pls who have d idea of d amout they sell plastic chairs, table and canopy cos av been thinkn of boutique bussiness b4 bt nw i think ds 1 would b beta.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Itoroetti(m): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
I think I am liking dis biz.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by excondido(m): 6:37pm On Feb 27, 2013
a1solution: what if u draft out an agreement paper so dey sign and pay if there is any damage when returning ur stuffs?

of course they have to pay for damages if any.
Rental biznes is capital intensive and will require lots of patience as the returns are not instant. but all the same its a gud bizness cos am into it.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by vanbonattel: 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very profitable, especially when you have young women to be rented for 2 hours grin
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by badesco(m): 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
It is a good business if properly managed, for you to survive you must first handle by yourself and after u might have gain ground then you can consider handing it over to a trusted person. The biz is capital intensive but depend on the mode you choose, i.e. small, medium or big time. wish you luck
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
This kind of business will soon fade out with time with the influx and stiff competition from multi-purpose hall owner, event centre and hotels, even unvierstities and polytechnic halls not left out of this, offering such services at cheaper rate. My dear forcast better b4 u plung ur money. Go ask phone busines owner, Nipost, cafer owner wetin telecom companies do to their business? Clock on Phone self don spoil wrist watch business, cheap blenders don spoil grinding machine busines 4 pepper seller. Na only Nepa busines dey boom, d noise on buy ur inverter and generator set no fit yet. PHCN is hail o

6 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by caesaraba(m): 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
Rexsul: Pls who have d idea of d amout they sell plastic chairs, table and canopy cos av been thinkn of boutique bussiness b4 bt nw i think ds 1 would b beta.

It all depends on your capital. The boutique business is highly lucrative too. With the right steps, you can get a good customer base that will always be dependent on you for clothes, shoes, watches, and all the effizzy(sic) stuff they need. Do give that business a second thought. Cheers.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Piro4rl(m): 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
the business is lucrative if properly manage
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by newacca: 10:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very profitable. But as profitable as it is,the business may fail,if your workers(Driver/Rental boys) are not loyal. They will frustrate the business,if you don't pay them well or you are not intelligent enough to manage them. You can't do it all alone. U need those guyz. My 2 cents offered oooo
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by braxjay(m): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
van bonattel: Very profitable, especially when you have young women to be rented for 2 hours grin

Badt guy grin grin grin
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by mollie12: 10:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
JudismphD: This kind of business will soon fade out with time with the influx and stiff competition from multi-purpose hall owner, event centre and hotels, even unvierstities and polytechnic halls not left out of this, offering such services at cheaper rate. My dear forcast better b4 u plung ur money. Go ask phone busines owner, Nipost, cafer owner wetin telecom companies do to their business? Clock on Phone self don spoil wrist watch business, cheap blenders don spoil grinding machine busines 4 pepper seller. Na only Nepa busines dey boom, d noise on buy ur inverter and generator set no fit yet. PHCN is hail o

Huh?

There is no business that does not have threat of competition. Just do your proper research and have a good business strategy and you will be good to go. Its a nice business idea. However, location is VERY key. Try and look for a good location (one that is in need of your service) or if you can't afford to move too far, strategize on how to get the info out to those that need it.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by akonucheinfo(m): 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
WAP: Rental Business (chairs, Tables, Canopies,etc) How Profitable Is This Business

Thank you all.

"Part of my 2013 business strategy is to diversify into rental business". please can tell us other business you runned and how profitable it is, cos some of us here are also in search of one business or the other. thanks
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by presegsADESIDA(m): 12:32am On Feb 28, 2013

Thank you all.

It is highly profitable and it depends on your location.

If you are in Ogun State especially Ijebu and Remo area,you will sell like anything.
A dozen of white chairs depend on size and shape goes for N500 and above,32 guests canopy goes for at least N1,500 and other things.

When it comes to pavilion canopies,we have 100 guests,250/300 guests,500 guests and 1000 guests which it full set goes for as low as N100,000 for 100 guests and high as N500,000 for 1,000 guests pavilion.

You need to learn from real people that are into this business as I did this business with my uncle in Ogun State at Sagamu for 3 years and we made enough and he is still in the business and at the same time,he is a a top rank OOUTH accountant in the teaching hospital i.e you can do this business even while working with government as most outings do come on Saturdays.

For more orientations and consultations on how to start this business for maximum profit,
contact the CEO of Dammy Rental Services at OPP FCMB Along Akarigbo Road in Sagamu and you will see things for yourself and come back to thank me.

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by presegsADESIDA(m): 12:38am On Feb 28, 2013
presegsADESIDA:

It is highly profitable and it depends on your location.

If you are in Ogun State especially Ijebu and Remo area,you will sell like anything.
A dozen of white chairs depend on size and shape goes for N500 and above,32 guests canopy goes for at least N1,500 and other things.

When it comes to pavilion canopies,we have 100 guests,250/300 guests,500 guests and 1000 guests which it full set goes for as low as N100,000 for 100 guests and high as N500,000 for 1,000 guests pavilion.

You need to learn from real people that are into this business as I did this business with my uncle in Ogun State at Sagamu for 3 years and we made enough and he is still in the business and at the same time,he is a a top rank OOUTH accountant in the teaching hospital i.e you can do this business even while working with government as most outings do come on Saturdays.

For more orientations and consultations on how to start this business for maximum profit,
contact the CEO of Dammy Rental Services at OPP FCMB Along Akarigbo Road in Sagamu and you will see things for yourself and come back to thank me.

To make things easier for those that are interested in this business,I permit you to freely call the
CEO of Dammy Rental Services on 0 8 0 6 1 5 2 8 2 3 3 for anything that relate to this business

or for your Party arrangement for any Pavilion canopies be it 250,300,500 and 1,000 guests for use anywhere in Nigeria as they have a standby truck that can go to anywhere in Nigeria.

Thanks...
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by presegsADESIDA(m): 1:03am On Feb 28, 2013
citypulseng: Not many people know how lucrative chairs, tables and canopy rental business can be. Hardly a day goes by without the average Nigerian not having one or two things to celebrate. From birthdays, traditional engagements, weddings, graduation (apprenticeship), naming ceremony, house warming, remembrance, lying-in-state, burial rite, religious vigil down to the usual village meetings, the list is endless. And if it happens that you are the only one running the rental business in your area, just imagine what your daily turnover will look like. Not only are you guaranteed of more than 3 dozens of chairs, tables and canopies per person, you stand the chance of seizing the balance once any of the items demanded is broken. For those who are not in the know, leasing a dozen of white chairs costs N300, a table N250, N500 and a canopy is N1,500. So imagine a particular customer coming for 10 canopies, 20 dozens of chairs, 6 drums and 20 tables. What it means is that you are likely to make up to N29,000. Great, isn’t it?

You've just said it all.
Are you into this business?
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by presegsADESIDA(m): 1:06am On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life: Very lucrative, to set up an event with table, chairs, cloth, tents, canopies, silver and plates, etc is VERY profitable. The only problem is shrink. If you supply 100 today, come back in the evening 10 is broken...

In all seriousness, it's lucrative.

You are right but you need to be selective what you take to events or parties.

For examples,you must only take metal tables and strong white chair to party that you know that will be rough.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by TUMIC(m): 5:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Please can somebody show me where I can rent some good iPhones and ANDROID phones for just an hour....
Don't worry I will return them back.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Rexsul: 7:12am On Feb 28, 2013
Thief! Thief!! Thief!!
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by mkoabiola: 8:37am On Feb 28, 2013
With all these multipurpose hall.ppu stil de rent chairs and canopies.I doubt.
Not profitable like b4

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad / Share Your Experience Collecting Your Money Back From Your Debtors / Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.