Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

How Profitable Is Rental Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is Rental Business? (23820 Views)

For-Profit Library (Media Rental) Business Strategy Essay Contest / How Profitable Is Bakery Business? / Rental Business - How Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 28, 2013
mollie12:

Huh?

There is no business that does not have threat of competition. Just do your proper research and have a good business strategy and you will be good to go. Its a nice business idea. However, location is VERY key. Try and look for a good location (one that is in need of your service) or if you can't afford to move too far, strategize on how to get the info out to those that need it.
when i say this kind of business will phase out with time, i speak with authority as an enterprenuer with 12 years experiences forcasting and operating successful in harsh business environment of ours with annual 6 digit of turnover in chains of business nt just mere beautification of managerial parlance. when you want to evaluate a the life span of a business, you take an holistic view of such business. Nigerian are good in using words to beautify a situation. You said ''strategy'' can u please highlight or itemise one, two, three, four etc workable strategies one could employ in this kind of business? In any business u draw a SWOT analysis and if the threat is more than the business strength and opportunity, u let go nt just mere use of word oga
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by WAP: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2013
I have a Poultry, I invest in Stock, Treasury bills and Fixed deposit.
akonucheinfo:

"Part of my 2013 business strategy is to diversify into rental business". please can tell us other business you runned and how profitable it is, cos some of us here are also in search of one business or the other. thanks
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by WAP: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2013
akonucheinfo:

"Part of my 2013 business strategy is to diversify into rental business". please can tell us other business you runned and how profitable it is, cos some of us here are also in search of one business or the other. thanks
I have a Poultry, I invest in Stock, Treasury bills and Fixed deposit
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by citypulseng(m): 6:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
JudismphD: when i say this kind of business will phase out with time, i speak with authority as an enterprenuer with 12 years experiences forcasting and operating successful in harsh business environment of ours with annual 6 digit of turnover in chains of business nt just mere beautification of managerial parlance. when you want to evaluate a the life span of a business, you take an holistic view of such business. Nigerian are good in using words to beautify a situation. You said ''strategy'' can u please highlight or itemise one, two, three, four etc workable strategies one could employ in this kind of business? In any business u draw a SWOT analysis and if the threat is more than the business strength and opportunity, u let go nt just mere use of word oga

Oga Ade, I have a sister who runs the business in Ebute Metta. The lady u were trying to shrug off has told u the truth. Secondly, virtually every participant in this forum is an enterpreneur of sort. So using that same SWOT analysis of yours, specifically how do u hope to phase out chair rental business? You mentioned hall, event centres etc... Are they not meant for the elites & middle class? Need I start mentioning the number of open spaces, fields, school compounds and various available space are used for parties on weekends? Did the event centres pose any challenge to them? @Poster, carry on with your dream jor!

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
citypulseng:

Oga Ade, I have a sister who runs the business in Ebute Metta. The lady u were trying to shrug off has told u the truth. Secondly, virtually every participant in this forum is an enterpreneur of sort. So using that same SWOT analysis of yours, specifically how do u hope to phase out chair rental business? You mentioned hall, event centres etc... Are they not meant for the elites & middle class? Need I start mentioning the number of open spaces, fields, school compounds and various available space are used for parties on weekends? Did the event centres pose any challenge to them? @Poster, carry on with your dream jor!

You are blessed for this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by pekelepekele(m): 3:03am On Mar 01, 2013
a1solution: what if u draft out an agreement paper so dey sign and pay if there is any damage when returning ur stuffs?

People won't pay you for damages easily they will want to charge the case to court and wait for what the judge decides and it can take you about 3 to 6months to recover damages just from a single client
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by legalwealth(m): 10:47am On Sep 19, 2014
a1solution: what if u draft out an agreement paper so dey sign and pay if there is any damage when returning ur stuffs?

Sure!
It has to be on your invoice and you also need to tell them by mouth when they are placing their order for them to be cautious of how people handle the items since they know they will pay for damages! !!
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by legalwealth(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2014
pekelepekele:

People won't pay you for damages easily they will want to charge the case to court and wait for what the judge decides and it can take you about 3 to 6months to recover damages just from a single client

Lol!
Most damages won't go to that extent of getting to court for a judge to decide over it.
Most clients will be careful as well and in should in case it happens and the clients does not want to pay for damages,you'll just overlook
it depending on the gravity of the damages counting as lost.
N.B:No business is without risk or loss! !!

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by oboks: 9:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Equipped bread bakery for lease at igbo-elerin, okokomaiko, lagos. Contact-08139321081.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by jta2012(m): 7:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
This biz is very lucrative as confirmed in the many service providers that survived since the early 1990s
till now but u can expand ur horison by seeing more @moneyreportsng.com
Thanks
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by docchuks(m): 10:45am On Jan 13, 2016
This kind of business will soon fade out with time with the influx and stiff competition from multi-purpose hall owner, event centre and hotels, even unvierstities and polytechnic halls not left out of this, offering such services at cheaper rate. My dear forcast better b4 u plung ur money. Go ask phone busines owner, Nipost, cafer owner wetin telecom companies do to their business? Clock on Phone self don spoil wrist watch business, cheap blenders don spoil grinding machine busines 4 pepper seller. Na only Nepa busines dey boom, d noise on buy ur inverter and generator set no fit yet. PHCN is hail o
That's just the truth...Canopy rental business is fading out.
Re: How Profitable Is Rental Business? by rodrigo13: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2022
I'd say it depends, but in general, it's quite profitable. If you manage to improve your working process and automate your routine tasks with different solutions like https://www.igms.com/features/channel-manager/ , then it won't take you long to start making good money, but there are many aspects that you need to consider as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Old Motor Spare Parts Market, Mgbuka Obosi Anambra State - Pics / Shawarma Business Plan / Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.